• Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lonewolf13

mold.png
mold1.png
mold2.png

Hello new here.

Idk what is it. The smell is a bit off but i would say is not bad. Not for me anyway. But the apparence seem strange to me. I would like your thought and what can i do about it.

It's a bud in jar since 5 month now. Humidity was about 55-57%. For the moment i just put it in a hermetic bag. But sadly if it's really mold ALL my jar is infected so..
I have others crop drying at the moment in the same room. It's risky for them ? Does i need to clean every walls/celling to get rid of any spores ? What funguus do you think is it ?

I just want to learn to avoid that mistake in the futur. Not a big deal if i loss some bud. (Well a bit , but i will live.)

Is it safe to cut off the part infected to smoke it ?

Thanks..

L

Lonewolf13

humidity was alright do you think because some buds w as untrimmed could be the cause

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Sometimes those thick nuggets have more moisture hiding in them than you realize when you jar them. If the buds are all mixed size, the hygrometer will give you a good number, but those big chunky ones will still have too much moisture in the middle. Have had it happened more than once over the years. I usually either break my tops down into smaller clusters or jar them roughly by size so I can make sure the thick ones are holding a good humidity instead of just getting an average of a bunch of different size buds in the jar.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i inspected every other bud no thing i dont understand
The entire jar is contaminated weather you can see it or not. Unfortunately there are spores all over everything, its not worth the risk of smoking it in my opinion.

L

Lonewolf13

The entire jar is contaminated weather you can see it or not. Unfortunately there are spores all over everything, its not worth the risk of smoking it in my opinion.
I was just delusional.

EDIT : But I don't understand one thing. Spores are everywhere, right? Powdery mildew, Botrytis Cinerea, etc. When conditions are optimal, the spores germinate and the mold is there. So why when for example a plant is infected it will infect EVERYTHING around it even if I correct the growing conditions? Dunno if u know what i mean

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I was just delusional.

EDIT : But I don't understand one thing. Spores are everywhere, right? Powdery mildew, Botrytis Cinerea, etc. When conditions are optimal, the spores germinate and the mold is there. So why when for example a plant is infected it will infect EVERYTHING around it even if I correct the growing conditions? Dunno if u know what i mean
Im not sure im the one to answer this, but if im correct, once the spores are active, they stay active until something is done about it, mildew and mold is nasty nasty shit. Mildew will go from one spec to an entire plant overnight, seen it happen first-hand

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

You are correct. There is a certain count of various molds, etc. in your air ambiently. However, when the conditions are ideal, the spores start to grow mycelium and essentially fruit, giving off mass quantities of spores and growing throughout the buds. All of a sudden, the mold count in your grow space or jar, or drying area or wherever is much much higher. Also, there is frequently at least patches starting to form in other buds whether you can see it or not. I have smoked nuggets that were “clean” out of jars where a few buds molded, and you could definitely taste it. My rule with mold is, unless I did something to really invite it, the buds go along with any clones of that plant in the bin. That said, I am frequently strain testing, and that is me weeding out plants that are susceptible to mold, but I am pretty strict about it even when I am just growing for personal. Untold lung damage from various molds

E

Edinburg

Looks like mold to me, do not smoke that it could possibly make you very sick and you don't want to end up in hospital explaining how you ended up there, it sucks I know but next time keep an eye on your rh, I would also bleach down your grow space then go over it with a damp cloth, and you always want good airflow to prevent this from happening again.

L

Lonewolf13

You are correct. There is a certain count of various molds, etc. in your air ambiently. However, when the conditions are ideal, the spores start to grow mycelium and essentially fruit, giving off mass quantities of spores and growing throughout the buds. All of a sudden, the mold count in your grow space or jar, or drying area or wherever is much much higher. Also, there is frequently at least patches starting to form in other buds whether you can see it or not. I have smoked nuggets that were “clean” out of jars where a few buds molded, and you could definitely taste it. My rule with mold is, unless I did something to really invite it, the buds go along with any clones of that plant in the bin. That said, I am frequently strain testing, and that is me weeding out plants that are susceptible to mold, but I am pretty strict about it even when I am just growing for personal. Untold lung damage from various molds
Thanks for the clarification. appreciate. It means my 2th crop is condamned as well ? I mean , at the moment, it's drying in the same room than my jar . Spores is probably everywhere at this point. I guess it's over. Mold is really a nightmare.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks for the clarification. appreciate. It means my 2th crop is condamned as well ? I mean , at the moment, it's drying in the same room than my jar . Spores is probably everywhere at this point. I guess it's over. Mold is really a nightmare.
Mold/mildew sucks for sure. I had it wipe out my grow twice in a row, totalling 8 plants that wouldve been 3 or 4 pounds, its just water under the bridge at this point, just keep stuff really clean and environment in check

L

Lonewolf13

Mold/mildew sucks for sure. I had it wipe out my grow twice in a row, totalling 8 plants that wouldve been 3 or 4 pounds, its just water under the bridge at this point, just keep stuff really clean and environment in check

What did you use to clean ? Bleach , alcohol isopropyl , h2o2 or something else ?

But I don't know what I did wrong. I mean I waited that branch snap before to jar. I put Boveda 62%, i monitored with hydrometer, burped everyday for 30 mn (while about 2 months.) And i just got mold like it ?

For the next time, what i need to do to avoid it ? Shake my bud because they are really sticky ? Remove Boveda and just burp ? Or that was already there ..

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

What did you use to clean ? Bleach , alcohol isopropyl , h2o2 or something else ?
First time i used STARSAN and then straight peroxide after that. Didnt do a good job apparently cause it came back, twice as bad. The second time i cleaned everything for a few days. I mixed up a 50/50 bleach water solution, sprayed the entire inside of my tent down and then closed it up and left it to dry with CLEAN fans in the tent.

Then i used the same 50/50 mixture to spray the tent again, wiped it all down, then used clorox wipes for residule bleach. Mixed up 75/25 bleach/water and sprayed everything again and wiped it down. Then straight water to wash the bleach off, clorox wiped again, scrubbed both carbon filters with a brush and 91% alcohol cut with a tiny bit of water so it didnt evaporate so fast.

I cleaned everything, very thoroughly, wiped the walls down in my room, rented a carpet cleaner and used peroxide/water to clean my carpet, cleaned all equipment, tossed my fabric pots and got new ones, it was like a week long ordeal.

D

dean1963

just my rookie opinion but growing on a carpet floor is looking for issues.
again, just my opinion.
i've replaced carpet and underlay in my house before and you wouldn't believe what gets all the way through everything right down to the wood.
real fine sand and dirt so i have no issue thinking spores will do that also.

Top Bottom