[PHOTO] Do you think it's mold ?

• Thread starter Lonewolf13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It take about 3-4 days to dry if my memory serve me right.
That's pretty quick, I'm with cirroji too on what burping means. Just opening the jars doesn't truly allow for that re-dry phase. I'm sure you'll adjust. I'd still try to make a tincture......if you really need to save it. It sucks to throw weed out but it depends on your situation.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Might be worth doing a salt test of your humility meter.

Fill a cap with salt add a tiny amount of water if you add to much water its will dissolve, you don’t want that to happen so make sure you can still pick the salt up, it will be like sand if you add the right amount of water.
Put the cap in a sealed Tupperware container add your meter leave it a full 24hrs and if your humidity meter is correct it should read 75%
Make sure you do leave it the full 24 hrs as it can go up a % during the last few hrs.

Other than that all I can say is break the big colas up into smaller buds next time & as said you need to dry longer than 3/4 days and yeah my heart goes out to you bud it’s not nice when you get mold.

L

Lonewolf13

Not long enough imo. My dry has been anywhere from 7 to 17 days. And the 7 day dry was not good. My guess is buds were damp when you jarred and thats what caused your issue
yet bud seemed dry and branch snapped ( i even thought i overdryed lol)

but thanks all im pretty sure next time i will success ( i hop e)

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Increase humidity and lower air flow a bit in your dry space if your snapping branches in 3-4 days of drying. The inside of those bigger buds will def have too much moisture at that point. I go 60 degrees F and 60% rh in the dark with a fan in the room pointed away from the buds. Just to circulate air in the room. Usually go 10-14 days or more if they’re really thic. Takes time for that moisture in the middle of the flowers to migrate out of the center and distribute as the outer layers dry from air exposure. In my opinion, it is one of the harder parts of producing quality flower to really nail. Took me a few years to get to the point where I felt like I really was getting at least most of the bang for my buck out of the curing process.

L

Lonewolf13

Might be worth doing a salt test of your humility meter.

Fill a cap with salt add a tiny amount of water if you add to much water its will dissolve, you don’t want that to happen so make sure you can still pick the salt up, it will be like sand if you add the right amount of water.
Put the cap in a sealed Tupperware container add your meter leave it a full 24hrs and if your humidity meter is correct it should read 75%
Make sure you do leave it the full 24 hrs as it can go up a % during the last few hrs.

Other than that all I can say is break the big colas up into smaller buds next time & as said you need to dry longer than 3/4 days and yeah my heart goes out to you bud it’s not nice when you get mold.

Ok thanks you for the tips.

At what weight do you consider a cola is too big and should be broken?

L

Lonewolf13

Increase humidity and lower air flow a bit in your dry space if your snapping branches in 3-4 days of drying. The inside of those bigger buds will def have too much moisture at that point. I go 60 degrees F and 60% rh in the dark with a fan in the room pointed away from the buds. Just to circulate air in the room. Usually go 10-14 days or more if they’re really thic. Takes time for that moisture in the middle of the flowers to migrate out of the center and distribute as the outer layers dry from air exposure. In my opinion, it is one of the harder parts of producing quality flower to really nail. Took me a few years to get to the point where I felt like I really was getting at least most of the bang for my buck out of the curing process.

I see what you mean. If my big bud had too much moisture inside i would see it with my meter in the jar, no ? (RH would have go up ?) .

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I see what you mean. If my big bud had too much moisture inside i would see it with my meter in the jar, no ? (RH would have go up ?) .
If I leave my big buds together, I watch them like a hawk and usually cure them separately with buds their size. Those definitely get removed from the jar and inspected in allowed to air out and for the first several days after they are jarred. Been out this long enough to know there’s a lot of moisture in those, especially the center stem, that really takes some time to properly adjust.

L

Lonewolf13

If I leave my big buds together, I watch them like a hawk and usually cure them separately with buds their size. Those definitely get removed from the jar and inspected in allowed to air out and for the first several days after they are jarred. Been out this long enough to know there’s a lot of moisture in those, especially the center stem, that really takes some time to properly adjust.

I will keep it in mind, thanks.

TSD

TSD

I do the same, similar size buds together, bigger buds together. That's part of the point of curing, to draw out the moisture and evenly distribute it.

L

Lonewolf13

I do the same, similar size buds together, bigger buds together. That's part of the point of curing, to draw out the moisture and evenly distribute it.

Ok, interesting, I'm going to do the same thing now. Since I'm new to this (first time grower), I store in jars according to harvest date. I mean I don't harvest at the same time to see the different effects on me.

Top Bottom