[PHOTO] Do you think it's mold ?

• Thread starter Lonewolf13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

just my rookie opinion but growing on a carpet floor is looking for issues.
again, just my opinion.
i've replaced carpet and underlay in my house before and you wouldn't believe what gets all the way through everything right down to the wood.
real fine sand and dirt so i have no issue thinking spores will do that also.
All good points. Some people though don’t have a choice about the flooring and it’s the only place to pop a tent. My 3x3 is on a carpeted floor.

TSD

TSD

just my rookie opinion but growing on a carpet floor is looking for issues.
again, just my opinion.
i've replaced carpet and underlay in my house before and you wouldn't believe what gets all the way through everything right down to the wood.
real fine sand and dirt so i have no issue thinking spores will do that also.
Carpet is definitely dirty and holds all sorts of shit, especially wall to wall. I have bad allergies and only throw rugs for this reason. The shit that hides in the carpet padding beneath is disgusting.

L

Lonewolf13

Ok thanks all for your inputs, really appreciate.

I still have a question concerning drying process. How do you know if a big bud it's fully dried ? Branch snapped cleanly. It''s better to cut big bud into small one or it's fine to let it as is ? Is it safe to burp new clean bud into the same room ? Logically all my house is infected, right ?

L

Lonewolf13

Wondering if temperature fluctuation can play a rôle as well. I'm not really sure but i need to open my window to manage my temperature when my light is on (Otherwise my grow room is too hot). When temperature decrease, air cannot hold as much moisture than hot hair, so my RH up. My room is about 16-18C when light is on. And 20-21 when light is off. My jar are affected by it as well but i dunno if Boveda can "counter" it by ajusting RH . I really try to think all possibility that caused it. Much buds (little one) was untrimmed as well when jared, but big was trimmed. Or just bad drying process ? Yet, all branch snapped. I really hope that whatever mistake i made i can learn and avoid it in the future.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok thanks all for your inputs, really appreciate.

I still have a question concerning drying process. How do you know if a big bud it's fully dried ? Branch snapped cleanly. It''s better to cut big bud into small one or it's fine to let it as is ? Is it safe to burp new clean bud into the same room ? Logically all my house is infected, right ?
With a moisture meter you can check deep in the bud.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm no mold expert, but how about making a grain alcohol tincture out of it? Obviously you don't want to use the actual moldy parts, but I would think a tincture would work for 2 reasons.......you need to decarb it in the oven, and, pure grain alcohol.

Maybe we'd have to see your entire process from harvesting to hanging/drying, wet and dry trimming, temp, humidity, the room you're using, the jars, when and how you're timing the jarring and burping.......

Obviously high heat and humidity isn't good, but I probably keep the environment drier and cooler than most, I like a longer, colder cure.......I have a dehumidifier and found that I like the 60s F better than the 70s. I know you're using celsius..... ;)

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Wondering if temperature fluctuation can play a rôle as well. I'm not really sure but i need to open my window to manage my temperature when my light is on (Otherwise my grow room is too hot). When temperature decrease, air cannot hold as much moisture than hot hair, so my RH up. My room is about 16-18C when light is on. And 20-21 when light is off. My jar are affected by it as well but i dunno if Boveda can "counter" it by ajusting RH . I really try to think all possibility that caused it. Much buds (little one) was untrimmed as well when jared, but big was trimmed. Or just bad drying process ? Yet, all branch snapped. I really hope that whatever mistake i made i can learn and avoid it in the future.
okay so take that exact thought you have on temperature raising humidity - that means moisture is forming in the air - where does it land? the plant usually.

so if you have constant flux in temp like that expect issues - controlling your environment has so many positive benefits and is overlooked by tons of people.

i've used boveda packs - but are you using the right amount of them? when i was curing in my larger mason jar it hit me the individual packs only amounted to 3.5g of flower capability ea. that was significantly lower than i had expected . so depending on what boveda's and the size of flower in the jar you can easily make it do nothing more than free in jar advertisement

food for though when there is so many variables at play

L

Lonewolf13

I'm no mold expert, but how about making a grain alcohol tincture out of it? Obviously you don't want to use the actual moldy parts, but I would think a tincture would work for 2 reasons.......you need to decarb it in the oven, and, pure grain alcohol.

Maybe we'd have to see your entire process from harvesting to hanging/drying, wet and dry trimming, temp, humidity, the room you're using, the jars, when and how you're timing the jarring and burping.......

Obviously high heat and humidity isn't good, but I probably keep the environment drier and cooler than most, I like a longer, colder cure.......I have a dehumidifier and found that I like the 60s F better than the 70s. I know you're using celsius..... ;)

I cut the branch one by one, hang one by one in my room. Humidity was about 45-50% , temperature was 21-22C (when i dried my plants). I am waiting until any branch where bud is snap (not the main ). I let small bud untrimmed , and big one was. Then i jared little by little (because all bud wasn't ready in the same time ), put Boveda 62% in, I burped everyday about 30mn per days for 2 months. I didn't see any mold until now (5 months jared) i just saw very little white patch and decide to go under the microscope and.. i saw mold.

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
when you burp the jars have you ever taken them out and moved them around or tossed em around gently in a brown paper bag? just opening the lid's not getting air to the bottom of the jar efficiently at all.

my first grows where places that had such a high risk of mold i had to be insanely cautious and lucky at the same time lol

L

Lonewolf13

okay so take that exact thought you have on temperature raising humidity - that means moisture is forming in the air - where does it land? the plant usually.

so if you have constant flux in temp like that expect issues - controlling your environment has so many positive benefits and is overlooked by tons of people.

i've used boveda packs - but are you using the right amount of them? when i was curing in my larger mason jar it hit me the individual packs only amounted to 3.5g of flower capability ea. that was significantly lower than i had expected . so depending on what boveda's and the size of flower in the jar you can easily make it do nothing more than free in jar advertisement

food for though when there is so many variables at play

My bodeva weight 8g , and my jars are maybe beetween 25-30g. My RH was good : 56% it's why i don't understand.

L

Lonewolf13

when you burp the jars have you ever taken them out and moved them around or tossed em around gently in a brown paper bag? just opening the lid's not getting air to the bottom of the jar efficiently at all.

my first grows where places that had such a high risk of mold i had to be insanely cautious and lucky at the same time lol
No i didn't. I just burped and waited. Next time i will. They was dry but really sticky .

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I cut the branch one by one, hang one by one in my room. Humidity was about 45-50% , temperature was 21-22C (when i dried my plants). I am waiting until any branch where bud is snap (not the main ). I let small bud untrimmed , and big one was. Then i jared little by little (because all bud wasn't ready in the same time ), put Boveda 62% in, I burped everyday about 30mn per days for 2 months. I didn't see any mold until now (5 months jared) i just saw very little white patch and decide to go under the microscope and.. i saw mold.
It's in the details.......it sounds right on paper, but something went wrong. And it's something around letting moisture take hold too long. There's also how long it took to get to that almost dried stage, then how the curing process played out.

L

Lonewolf13

I use a meter in my process for drying and curing. Works quite well. 10- 12% to start curing.
i will now. more informations to judge.

For the next run, does i need remove every buds from my jar or juste shake / separate with my hands is fine? (when i open the jar)

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

i will now. more informations to judge.

For the next run, does i need remove every buds from my jar or juste shake / separate with my hands is fine? (when i open the jar)
For at least the first few days, I usually take mine out of the jars for a few and let them air out/equalize humidity for 15 minutes or so. If you do take them out of the jars, just don’t go get high. You will inevitably forget about them in overdry your flower. May have had a friend who has toasted some buds a few times that way. 😂

L

Lonewolf13

It's in the details.......it sounds right on paper, but something went wrong. And it's something around letting moisture take hold too long. There's also how long it took to get to that almost dried stage, then how the curing process played out.
It take about 3-4 days to dry if my memory serve me right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom