Photo periods in bloom! Share your pics and advice.

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Love how full that tent is. Just sent a reply talking about filling the tent to maximize your space. This is how it should look. Beautiful plants! Thanks so much for the pic.
Thank you! The tent is actually about 3/4 full or a bit less I kept a corner open for a tower fan and stuck a small KKsC in the opposite corner, I agree with filling the tent for sure seems to really stabilize RH etc with a nice clean even canopy, I can keep a consistent 49% RH below (right at bottom of ) the canopy under the net, above the net with the fan blowing through in at a consistent 54RH

Makes it stable enough I can 100% depend on RH in the tent to know if my buckets are dry, 49% good, 47-46%, for sure it’s time for water (usually about 36-48 hours)

R

Robert23howard

Rebounded from the defoliation fine and started to stretch a little more. Should be close to finishing their stretch by the end of the week to the first of next week. Bring on the buds after that.

The light is definitely penetrating deeper in the plants. I can see many sites starting to respond much quicker.

Lots of folks sent pics of their fabulous flowers! Thank you for sharing and keep them coming.

IMG 9261
IMG 9260
IMG 9259
R

Robert23howard

Filling out great! What is that 3x3 openings on the first layer?
Thank you, and Yes to your question on the 3” x 3” if you are talking about the trellis measurements for the top one. The bottom trellis is 2” as it helps to spread them quicker along the shorter spaces.

I also have a 4” x 4” if I need to add one. Not looking like I will need one this grow but maybe I will have to add it at the end. Yo - Yo’s are not my favorite but do have some in both tents just in case. I would rather the trellis catch the buds and free up the space over top. I always like to forget about the lines and reach over to do something and rip the darn hooks into the buds.

R

Robert23howard

Filling out great! What is that 3x3 openings on the first layer?
First time growing with this Mars Hydro FCE-6500 and am pretty impressed with it. Also have the Spider Farmer SE5000 in my other tent and that light rocks too. The Hydro 6500 definitely was worth the purchase. Wanted to go with some more power to up my yields. Wanted the Spider Farmer SE7000 but saved a couple hundred and bought the Mars Hydro (on the Cyber Monday sale) instead as a friend said it was a great light. I second his opinion, definitely a great light for the price point and happy I own it. I am sure the Spider Farmer SE7000 is just as great though as I do own the SE5000 and SE3000. Both top notch products and worth every penny.

R

Robert23howard

Start of week 5 from the day I changed to flower. Going to be a cool week, they should really start putting on some flower weight as the stretch is just about finished.

Powered the light up to 95% yesterday and will see if they can take the little uptick in wattage. Hoping to develop a little deeper light penetration as I didn’t defoliate as well as I would have liked on a couple plants. Should have thought about that a little sooner before flipping them. 3 of the 5 I am happy with the defoliating but 2 are a little thicker towards the bottom trellis. The 2nd trellis always gets in the way trying to reach through to clip the leaves toward the bottom trellis. Much easier if I would have prepared better. If you don’t it can be a pain in the A**.

I forgot how many leaves develop during stretch on that specific strain, and sure enough it did exactly that again. Should have stripped them 2 plants so much cleaner 7-10 days before I flipped the light.

Coming along nicely though all in all.

Send some pics!

IMG 9296
IMG 9295
IMG 9297
R

Robert23howard

Look thirsty. When you change cycle I believe you should rape the plant. Then again at 22 and 42 days. My opinion.
Definitely a good plan and I know folks that that have the same opinion. Defoliation is a never ending topic that some swear to and some swear not to. I say to whatever your the most comfortable with but if you grow consistently then to try it both ways and at least see if it works for you or not. No harm into trying, they are a resilient plant and as long as you keep an eye on them they can bounce back in the matter of hours to a few days tops.

Thanks for the post!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Rebounded from the defoliation fine and started to stretch a little more. Should be close to finishing their stretch by the end of the week to the first of next week. Bring on the buds after that.

The light is definitely penetrating deeper in the plants. I can see many sites starting to respond much quicker.

Lots of folks sent pics of their fabulous flowers! Thank you for sharing and keep them coming.
I love these pictures with the leaves nearly pointing straight up. They seem to be thriving, loving the light (and responding beautifully to you upping the power), and even though I don't defoliate much, this is a great example of someone getting very good results through above average defoliating.

I'm about a week behind you, and it's so interesting to see where others are at who are around the same time line. Great job.

I

imhigh

I love these pictures with the leaves nearly pointing straight up. They seem to be thriving, loving the light (and responding beautifully to you upping the power), and even though I don't defoliate much, this is a great example of someone getting very good results through above average defoliating.

I'm about a week behind you, and it's so interesting to see where others are at who are around the same time line. Great job.
Sometimes after done exfoliating you will swear you went to far. Don't worry, within 10 days you will wonder why you didn't do more. I pick leaves every day, not certain days.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Sometimes after done exfoliating you will swear you went to far. Don't worry, within 10 days you will wonder why you didn't do more. I pick leaves every day, not certain days.
It's not as much my thing, I'm not big on defoliating. My only advice to people around it is that it can slow growth, even if it's very temporary, and it's best to make sure there's still enough veg days left to let new growth fill in that cut space.....new leaves, new branches.......even if it means adding some extra veg days.

deerman12

deerman12

This is my first grow of autos, first grow ever. From left to right is Gorilla Glue(started 10 days later), Sour Diesel, and Critical Jack. Critical Jack and the Sour Diesel are 14 weeks tomorrow. I am flushing Critical Jack tonight. I have learned a lot here so hopefully my next grow will better. I had a nutrient problem for a couple weeks that did not help. I am giving the Gorilla Glue and Sour Diesel another week or two.
IMG 0533 1
IMG 0534 1

IMG 0533
IMG 0534

Latest posts

Top Bottom