Photone App, LUX, Light Stress

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Very healthy looking plants man, how far away dose that put your light?
It’s probably @ 30” above. They are going to 10g fabs on the 12th and getting flipped on the 19th. I have another 6” I can raise the lights and bags of LST clips to control the stretching that will come. It’s gonna be close in full flower. Hoping to keep about 24”. There will be a uva light going to and can’t get to close to it.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Is it something else and not light stress? Looks like light stress from what I’ve seen online. How about you experienced growers in here... is that light stress?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Yeah it’s crazy. If I’d been growing for years I would have identified and treated issues enough to see photos and specs and know what the problem is but this is my first grow and it seems nobody knows anything. Everyone has different answers to everything and seems to fly by the seat of their pants, or keep growing the same strain so they don’t have new issues. I really think we need a botanist in here.
watched this one like 3 times lol
Haha me too and I absolutely love the first comment to change the speed of the video to 1.5 lol soooo true

Dothraki

Dothraki

Here they are again. Is there light stress?

Plant 1
A9E5A7DF 32E6 4B2B 9D63 BE35857520A0

Plant 2
9002E95D C6AC 4387 ADC6 4698F935DDD7
25DA4405 1B59 4F92 9BB4 4916E895854D

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah it’s crazy. If I’d been growing for years I would have identified and treated issues enough to see photos and specs and know what the problem is but this is my first grow and it seems nobody knows anything. Everyone has different answers to everything and seems to fly by the seat of their pants, or keep growing the same strain so they don’t have new issues. I really think we need a botanist in here.
The only thing I know about coco is you aren't doing it the way the coco guys here do. I know they water to 15% waste several times a day. I never tried - doesn't sound like it would work well for me. Maybe you should try something easier.

Dothraki

Dothraki

The only thing I know about coco is you aren't doing it the way the coco guys here do. I know they water to 15% waste several times a day. I never tried - doesn't sound like it would work well for me. Maybe you should try something easier.
That might work with the nutrients they run but I was having overwatering problems watering to even 10% runoff once a day. Some people say always water to runoff, some say never water to runoff. Coco is easy, you have full control of feedings (unless using Mantis). It’s not complicated at all. This looks like a light issue. I obviously had nutrient issues due to the Mantis and my tap water but this looks like light burn to me.

growsince79

growsince79

That might work with the nutrients they run but I was having overwatering problems watering to even 10% runoff once a day. Some people say always water to runoff, some say never water to runoff. Coco is easy, you have full control of feedings (unless using Mantis). It’s not complicated at all. This looks like a light issue. I obviously had nutrient issues due to the Mantis and my tap water but this looks like light burn to me.
Doesn't take much to burn a starving plant.

Observationist

Observationist

How far away is your light from the plants? Do you have the room to raise the light up then you can turn the light up so more? Also what is your temps and rh? Do you have a temp gun to check the leaf temps at the top of your plant?
i want to say its a deficiency, but the tips are burned as well.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Coco you should be feeding at least twice a day in flower. You always want to keep coco at 90% saturation. AquaMan has an excellent write up on how to water coco. You can get away with no run off but salt buildup is very likely, I always get runoff.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Coco you should be feeding at least twice a day. You always want to keep coco at 90% saturation. AquaMan has an excellent write up on how to water coco. You can get away with no run off but salt buildup is very likely, I always get runoff.
That’s what I thought too until watering until runoff once a day was overwatering my plants and they were reacting negatively to it.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If you have your environmentals in check, good watering habits, balanced fertilzer and good genetics. You wont run into many problems that aren't intuitively solved.

Top Bottom