phytochrome manipulation

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

primeform

Just dropping in to say Im still on the train. Had a long conversation with the guys from hortamerica the other day. Will be applying this technology in some form this month to my greenhouse. Look forward to reporting my results.

Desertboy what are you trying to achieve indoors? Im assuming your going to try and run as many hours as light as possible and still trigger flowering by flashing them with the far red light right after lights out? I have a few suggestions going forward with this experiment and achieving this goal. First by finding the "critical period" of time of the strain your working with and then figuring the exact amount of time the FR flash is truly saving from the transition time of Prf to Pr.

dextr0

dextr0

A prime why did u stop talking to me? Out of respect I would at least explain myself. U dont just leave someone hanging. Thats sorry.

P

primeform

huh? never stopped talking to you. just got back from my ranch today. whats up?

Desertboy

Desertboy

Just dropping in to say Im still on the train. Had a long conversation with the guys from hortamerica the other day. Will be applying this technology in some form this month to my greenhouse. Look forward to reporting my results.

Desertboy what are you trying to achieve indoors? Im assuming your going to try and run as many hours as light as possible and still trigger flowering by flashing them with the far red light right after lights out? I have a few suggestions going forward with this experiment and achieving this goal. First by finding the "critical period" of time of the strain your working with and then figuring the exact amount of time the FR flash is truly saving from the transition time of Prf to Pr.

Running 11.5/9 this time so 8 Circadian rhythms (Plant days) in 7 real days.

I need 2 side by side rooms for proper experimentation so I can do control grows without Far Red.

That's not going to happen until after the summer.

I already know this strain well she flowers under 11 hours of dark but drop her to 9.5 and she revegs I've grown her a few times.

P

primeform

interesting. i assumed you would just increase the light time and keep it on a 24 hour cycle. Im wondering if your style will make plants finish there cycle faster. Where my style would make them bigger in the normal 60 day flower timeline.

Desertboy

Desertboy

interesting. i assumed you would just increase the light time and keep it on a 24 hour cycle. Im wondering if your style will make plants finish there cycle faster. Where my style would make them bigger in the normal 60 day flower timeline.

I've got a tent with some plants at day 18 some refugees I gave a home to I was toying with setting the other far red (I have 2 of these lamps) and running this tent 15/9

I'm looking to get a deep red/white lap as well to extend day length of outdoor non cannabis crops I grow in my back garden.

The plant will indeed finish quicker an 8 week strain would be done in 7 weeks.

Flashing it is hassle I'm just going to run it for an hour at lights off (In theory a few seconds should be enough) flashing it is for commercial scale where it makes sense with a few thousand lamps given it's such low wattage I doubt either of us need to worry about the electric costs.

dextr0

dextr0

huh? never stopped talking to you. just got back from my ranch today. whats up?

I guess I was just under the assumption we were doing business. We had even named prices and everything. Remember?

P

primeform

Nice, I think the deep red/white lamps are amazing in warmer clients where an all year greenhouse is a real possibility. I will be only using the far red in mine to finish a spring flower run. And then again later in the season to initiate flowering earlier in long flowering plants like Sour Diesel so it will finish more on time with my other strains.

I think there are alot of applications possible with these lights. The guys at hortamerica even got me thinking about UV applications to fight leafbound pests and disease.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I'm looking this year at getting

240nm Led's, 350nm, 470nm & 660nm hopefully.

the 240nm (UV-c) will be for germicidal warfare on the air to keep things nice and clean and will be done outside of the plant environment.

dextr0

dextr0

the 240nm (UV-c) will be for germicidal warfare on the air to keep things nice and clean and will be done outside of the plant environment.

This is what I use my CMHs for. The added UV-B has been shown to have the same effect.

P

primeform

are you going to be growing with LEDs only? what will the 350 and 470 be for?

Desertboy

Desertboy

are you going to be growing with LEDs only? what will the 350 and 470 be for?

Like Charlton Heston said about his guns I feel about my HPS out my cold dead hands!

the 350nm will encourage THC and 470nm can be used to keep plants short.

I want to know how and why this happens, going to get into wiring my LED panels so I can build some custom ones with exactly what I want.

the tent is a kw

DSCF1521
DSCF1518
P

primeform

interesting. I think alot of the commercial grow LED lights leave out the far red spectrum which is a mistake. They dont understand the symbiosis that happens by having both the 660 and 730 to continually convert the photochromes back and forth. A think more research needs to be done in the best ratio of these spectrums as well.

dextr0

dextr0

interesting. I think alot of the commercial grow LED lights leave out the far red spectrum which is a mistake. They dont understand the symbiosis that happens by having both the 660 and 730 to continually convert the photochromes back and forth. A think more research needs to be done in the best ratio of these spectrums as well.

Prime sorry man I was mistaken. But what u say is true. The ones that I have found were extremely expensive. They present all the information, but none of us think of making our own. Thats where people like you and I come in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desertboy the studies have been done and the info is out there. Not here but if u want to look around CannabisWorld.com is a great site. A guy there did alot of searching and sharing for us. Almost everything u would be looking for. Look it up. Or I can look it up for you if u want. I dont know all the answers tho. I was just interested in UV-B, and happen to know where the rest of the info u seek is.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I'm not just interested in cannabis, I have a far broader interest than the herb when it comes to gardening and especially these lamps. The idea of using them to get the most out of the natural light intrigues me.

I've read the cannabis world stuff, I want to try the sexing a vegging plant.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Pure Blue (400-450nm) inhibits the Pfr/Pr conversion, but not as much as the Red Spectrum. this can be used to our advantage when sexing young plants. The blue light would be used during HALF of a 24/0 veg cycle. ....that is, instead of placing cuttings under a 12/12 cycle. The whole plant is placed under 12hours of veg spectrum (6500k) then instead of lights out, they get 12 hours of 400nm blue light.
So 470nm might be too high.

dextr0

dextr0

You mean early sexing? how is that accomplished?

Prime we have whole threads on the subject here on the farm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desertboy u would be better off looking up different patents using the specific plant that u are looking for. They all have there own specific needs and it can be a waste of time looking at anything different. Just a suggestion.

P

primeform

Dextro were talking about different LED applications with specific light spectrums. Im assuming me means using a certain spectrum to cause them to show there sex sooner?

P

primeform

ok i missed deserts last post. let me read up on the subject of 450nm blues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom