Pipecarver & SpiderFarmer's New G3000 over Auto Pots in a 3'x3'

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 23
Hey all, I've been blessed with a New G3000 from @SpiderFarmerLED to try out in my 3'x3'Spider Farmer tent. I've never received a parcel so well packed. This was a solid block with every possible void filled with shaped foam. I took everything out and I glanced at the instruction booklet but its pretty obvious how it goes together. From disassembled and in pieces on my work bench to fully assembled in under 5 minutes. It all just clicks together and it makes for easily changeable light strips if one fails or is damaged somehow.

The wire support cable has been shortened to be able to maximize the height of the light in the tent and clips on quickly. I use zip ties to hold the support hangers onto the to bar then wired it up to turn on.....nothing, Ah a switch.....nothing.....ah the dimmer goes 0% - 100% now and also clicks and shuts off the power to the light. This allows for a better fine tuning of the light. I found the dimmers on the SE series limited and only went from 40% - 100%

I'm trying Auto Pots for the first time, I've seen demonstration that were impressive to me so I thought I'd give them a try. I also added my own version of an air dome with 4" net pots cut to the collar and an air stone in each, Covered in Clay balls that I soaked in 6.00ph water to start with them close to neutral. I of course ran out of my soaked and stabilized clay balls so I have more soaking and I'll transplant my last girl into the new pots when they're ready to use.

I had an awkward transplanting session today with all 3 root masses crumbled apart in my hands so it was a rough start in the pots. I'm not used to such a lose consistency to the soil. with a 40- -50% mixture of perlite and Promix it falls apart easily making transplanting more difficult.

I have 4 ladies at 1 month old destined for or already in the tent. I've a QC Blue & a Quebec Blast with a Sour Diesel & a Do Si Do. I've topped all of them once, I'll see how they do before I top again.I want cuts from them all before I flip them to 12/12 so I'll probably veg these 3 more weeks at least...it'll be 2 weeks before I can start the auto pots up..

Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 2
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 3
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 4
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 5
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 6
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 7
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 8
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 9
Pipecarver  spiderfarmers new g3000 over auto pots in a 3x3 10
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 23
Hey all, I've been blessed with a New G3000 from @SpiderFarmerLED to try out in my 3'x3'Spider Farmer tent. I've never received a parcel so well packed. This was a solid block with every possible void filled with shaped foam. I took everything out and I glanced at the instruction booklet but its pretty obvious how it goes together. From disassembled and in pieces on my work bench to fully assembled in under 5 minutes. It all just clicks together and it makes for easily changeable light strips if one fails or is damaged somehow.

The wire support cable has been shortened to be able to maximize the height of the light in the tent and clips on quickly. I use zip ties to hold the support hangers onto the to bar then wired it up to turn on.....nothing, Ah a switch.....nothing.....ah the dimmer goes 0% - 100% now and also clicks and shuts off the power to the light. This allows for a better fine tuning of the light. I found the dimmers on the SE series limited and only went from 40% - 100%

I'm trying Auto Pots for the first time, I've seen demonstration that were impressive to me so I thought I'd give them a try. I also added my own version of an air dome with 4" net pots cut to the collar and an air stone in each, Covered in Clay balls that I soaked in 6.00ph water to start with them close to neutral. I of course ran out of my soaked and stabilized clay balls so I have more soaking and I'll transplant my last girl into the new pots when they're ready to use.

I had an awkward transplanting session today with all 3 root masses crumbled apart in my hands so it was a rough start in the pots. I'm not used to such a lose consistency to the soil. with a 40- -50% mixture of perlite and Promix it falls apart easily making transplanting more difficult.

I have 4 ladies at 1 month old destined for or already in the tent. I've a QC Blue & a Quebec Blast with a Sour Diesel & a Do Si Do. I've topped all of them once, I'll see how they do before I top again.I want cuts from them all before I flip them to 12/12 so I'll probably veg these 3 more weeks at least...it'll be 2 weeks before I can start the auto pots up..
March 24
I got 2 deliveries today with supplies I need for my grows and a new air pump for the air domes. Its adjustable so I'll have to play with the flow to see what the best setting for it is I'll start low.

The girls are doing well after a rough transplant, I see one leaf looks like its been chewed on and I've lost 2 tags identifying the plants...not much mater they've all had the same same all so far in their life.

A few pics of girls in my 5x5 flipped 12 days ago. I'll need another net on top soon and I just turned up the lights to 60% at about 16" now. everything is happy.

I'm making up a watering line from a 5 gallon bucket to the 4 plants at the back of the 5x5 tent to make watering easier. I expect to be able to turn on the taps and feed them all at once or independently if necessary

IMG 4703
IMG 4719
IMG 4720
IMG 4728
IMG 4729
IMG 4733
IMG 4725
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 24
I got 2 deliveries today with supplies I need for my grows and a new air pump for the air domes. Its adjustable so I'll have to play with the flow to see what the best setting for it is I'll start low.

The girls are doing well after a rough transplant, I see one leaf looks like its been chewed on and I've lost 2 tags identifying the plants...not much mater they've all had the same same all so far in their life.

A few pics of girls in my 5x5 flipped 12 days ago. I'll need another net on top soon and I just turned up the lights to 60% at about 16" now. everything is happy.

I'm making up a watering line from a 5 gallon bucket to the 4 plants at the back of the 5x5 tent to make watering easier. I expect to be able to turn on the taps and feed them all at once or independently if necessary
March 26
I transplanted the Do Si Do into the Auto Pot but I forgot to add the copper sheet first, I put it in the base of the pot I hope that'll do the job of keeping the roots out of the valve.

There's not much room for equipment now with the bases and my air pump stand, Not sure what I'll do about adding humidity. 52% now so I'm good at the moment. I also think I added to many clay balls in the base, I watched a few guides yesterday after I had everything planted and those that used them or the new dome bases only had about 2" of balls I covered the domes so I'm sure I have 4" of clay balls.......This first run with these might end up being Pots without the Auto.

I had to add 2- 75W reptile lamps to bring my temps up but it only reached 75f , I added a movers blanket to the top of the tent and its now 78.6f. I don't have any more clip on fans so I hung this small fan off a rope up front and its making my girls dance so its good for now. I ordered a new clip on one off Amzons warehouse deals $23 taxes in....

I turned the light up to 40% now and all the girls are happy even after rough transplanting, I'm a little concerned about QCblue though she had a rough T/P and although shes standing up the others seem to have jumped a bit in height and she's just standing there

I've trimmed up my revegged auto and taken a bunch of short inner leaves off and a few larger ones that were clogging things up. She's looking good I can take cuts off her at any time now.

IMG 4740
IMG 4741
IMG 4742
IMG 4743
IMG 4746
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 26
I transplanted the Do Si Do into the Auto Pot but I forgot to add the copper sheet first, I put it in the base of the pot I hope that'll do the job of keeping the roots out of the valve.

There's not much room for equipment now with the bases and my air pump stand, Not sure what I'll do about adding humidity. 52% now so I'm good at the moment. I also think I added to many clay balls in the base, I watched a few guides yesterday after I had everything planted and those that used them or the new dome bases only had about 2" of balls I covered the domes so I'm sure I have 4" of clay balls.......This first run with these might end up being Pots without the Auto.

I had to add 2- 75W reptile lamps to bring my temps up but it only reached 75f , I added a movers blanket to the top of the tent and its now 78.6f. I don't have any more clip on fans so I hung this small fan off a rope up front and its making my girls dance so its good for now. I ordered a new clip on one off Amzons warehouse deals $23 taxes in....

I turned the light up to 40% now and all the girls are happy even after rough transplanting, I'm a little concerned about QCblue though she had a rough T/P and although shes standing up the others seem to have jumped a bit in height and she's just standing there

I've trimmed up my revegged auto and taken a bunch of short inner leaves off and a few larger ones that were clogging things up. She's looking good I can take cuts off her at any time now.
Mar 28
There's not much of a change with the girls in my 3x3 so I'll update my 5x5. I added a second net yesterday seeing as the first one is lost in the foliage. I added 2 more bamboo poles to string the net too and stretched it across about 12" above the 1st.

IMG 4750
IMG 4754
IMG 4755
IMG 4756
IMG 4757
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Way back in my homeless days. Tried movers blankets to keep warm. Didn’t do much good. Not much insulative quality. But probably better than nothing. Don’t you have an old camp snoopy sleeping bag you could drape over the top? Grow is looking great!

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

March 23

I have 4 ladies at 1 month old destined for or already in the tent. I've a QC Blue & a Quebec Blast with a Sour Diesel & a Do Si Do. I've topped all of them once, I'll see how they do before I top again.I want cuts from them all before I flip them to 12/12 so I'll probably veg these 3 more weeks at least...it'll be 2 weeks before I can start the auto pots up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Now I just got a g3000 also haven't put it up yet drying some in tent right now but it would cover a whole 3x3 right some of these places b lying just to sell there products.
Yes they fit great There's a guy here that got an SE5000 in one but could barely get the door closed...I've 2 SE3000 in a 5x5 and they're a bit short but it gives me room for equipment, fans,heater,humidifier ect

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes they fit great There's a guy here that got an SE5000 in one but could barely get the door closed...I've 2 SE3000 in a 5x5 and they're a bit short but it gives me room for equipment, fans,heater,humidifier ect
March 30
I topped the Sour Diesel again today she's getting too tall,I still haven't taken any cuts from these so I don't want them out growing the tent too soon. I haven't watered or fed since I replanted them a week ago. I felt the soil again today and I can still go until tomorrow, If I see them hanging before lights out I'll give them a small drink to get through the night, then a full feed tomorrow.

I got a deal on another small fan yesterday along with a new timer. $5 total ...seniors day at Value Village...lol

I finely got my water / feed system going for my 5x5 tent. I've been having trouble feeding the plants at the back manually so I got a 4 way water manifold /splitter and a bulkhead tap attached to a 5 gallon bucket suspended from the ceiling with 4 hose lines leading from taps to plants.

I used 2 - 5" squares of heavy duty Gorilla tape with a 2" hole I cut into the tape on both sides of the tent. The tape bonds nicely to the inside and surprisingly well on the outside. I then cut an X in the hole and slid the hoses through. I got another bamboo pole for the back to support the hoses and Zip tied the hose to the base of the plants

It was watering day today for the girls in the 5x5 I gave them each 1 gallon of ph'd water and 1/2tsp of Epsom salts / gallon to each of them today.

My Revegged Auto is putting out a lot of shoots, Shes going to be fun to flip in a few months...lol

IMG 4763
IMG 4764
IMG 4765
IMG 4766
IMG 4767
IMG 4768
IMG 4769
IMG 4771
IMG 4773
IMG 4781
IMG 4783
IMG 4761
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

March 30
I topped the Sour Diesel again today she's getting too tall,I still haven't taken any cuts from these so I don't want them out growing the tent too soon. I haven't watered or fed since I replanted them a week ago. I felt the soil again today and I can still go until tomorrow, If I see them hanging before lights out I'll give them a small drink to get through the night, then a full feed tomorrow.

I got a deal on another small fan yesterday along with a new timer. $5 total ...seniors day at Value Village...lol

I finely got my water / feed system going for my 5x5 tent. I've been having trouble feeding the plants at the back manually so I got a 4 way water manifold /splitter and a bulkhead tap attached to a 5 gallon bucket suspended from the ceiling with 4 hose lines leading from taps to plants.

I used 2 - 5" squares of heavy duty Gorilla tape with a 2" hole I cut into the tape on both sides of the tent. The tape bonds nicely to the inside and surprisingly well on the outside. I then cut an X in the hole and slid the hoses through. I got another bamboo pole for the back to support the hoses and Zip tied the hose to the base of the plants

It was watering day today for the girls in the 5x5 I gave them each 1 gallon of ph'd water and 1/2tsp of Epsom salts / gallon to each of them today.

My Revegged Auto is putting out a lot of shoots, Shes going to be fun to flip in a few months...lol
Pretty neat setup ya got there man. Plants look good too 👍🏻

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks, it didn't go together the first time I tried, water everywhere, I took it apart used a lot more Teflon tape and tightened it together with tools not just hand tight and presto no more leaks.
Its definitely the MacGyver way man, but as long as it works thats all that matters. Im gonna suggest it to my father in law. He stuffs a 5x10 wall to wall without any auto watering system so hes pulling plants out every watering day.

kuwl

kuwl

March 30

Beautiful setup ya got there Pipe.
I was using a hand pump to get the water to them crowded pots, 8 in a 4x4.
Yours is genius, I can'at believe I didn't think of it lol.

I notice your AP plant leaves are broad also. It looks so healthy.
Nice find on that fan too!:)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Beautiful setup ya got there Pipe.
I was using a hand pump to get the water to them crowded pots, 8 in a 4x4.
Yours is genius, I can'at believe I didn't think of it lol.

I notice your AP plant leaves are broad also. It looks so healthy.
Nice find on that fan too!:)
lol genius not, I guess I got that Idea from a disaster we had in the hospital where I worked. Roofers came in and ripped the roof off to put a new one on and west coast torrential rain hit on Labour Day weekend....water was leaking from the roof through all 4 floors out of lights down vents, everywhere it could go it did. We ( maintenance guys) use 5 gallon buckets with a hose attached and caught and removed water dripping where we could and drained it down plumbing fixtures. I worked all weekend, I slept there getting paid Double Double overtime working what they called a super stat + 4 paid days off for my missed stat days..........fkin Union ya baby

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

March 23

Yo I just got one too just put it up cleaned tent etc.. but what would be best distance for veg and flower and what35% for veg 60% flower 100% late flower. Let me know

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yo I just got one too just put it up cleaned tent etc.. but what would be best distance for veg and flower and what35% for veg 60% flower 100% late flower. Let me know
I'm pretty new to the led lights but I'm working the power up. I had my vegging girls in my 3x3 at 50% about 24" away but my plants started to look off in color so I just adjusted it back to 40%, I've a bunch in flower 3 weeks in about 16" away at 60% and I just backed them down a touch, My suggestion is less is more if the leaves are praying upwards they can use more light, if they're shying away and your getting some color change then back it down. Flat leaves are happy leaves or so I've been led to believe

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey, Looks good, do you have any air moving though your tent? I don;t see any exhaust or input air?
April 2
I pulled the Sour D out and gave it some Chiropractics then bent it over 90* to grow sideways. I may attach the top to the base & keep her down...if She's not a he, I have a funny feeling with how its growing that she is a he. I don't have a replacement plant so I'll just have to go with 3.

When I pulled the Sour D out I had a look on the bottom to see if I could see any roots. Yes, there was one small coming through a vent.........Wait a minute here, I have a copper mat / shield I shouldn't have roots on the bottom side. Does this mean I need another mat or a sock to cover the pot's base?.......

On the bright side I've roots growing out the bottom I can start the Auto Pots. on the dark side I have roots growing out the bottom and I need to stop them......Always something....

My 5x5 is doing well I had 3 of the 4ft red leds running but I shut off 2, its just been too bright by my eyes at lights out to have an effect so I'm using just 1 from tonight on. We're at 3 weeks today since going 12/12.....8 more weeks before I'm done.

IMG 4784
IMG 4789
IMG 4790
IMG 4792
IMG 4793
IMG 4794
IMG 4795
IMG 4791
Top Bottom