Pipecarver's new Spiderfarmer5'x5' with 2-SE3000 growing wild

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Amazing what you can accomplish when you are snowed in! Really growing some good looking weed, PC! Kudos!
Thanks man, We get 8 months of cold winter like weather here and without something to do we'd go stir crazy....Down here in my warm green room is a bit of summer with greenery and bright lights to keep me going...its March only 3 more months of winter left☹️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks man, We get 8 months of cold winter like weather here and without something to do we'd go stir crazy....Down here in my warm green room is a bit of summer with greenery and bright lights to keep me going...its March only 3 more months of winter left☹️
Mar 5
Good morning Me and my cat Qnight in my shop I'm smoking he's prowling. Its been a routine of late. As I get my boots on hes on a stool looking at me with big sad eye's so I grab a shopping bag and he climbs on in for me to carry him down in......

Todays plan is to set up my 4 ft long red led strip lights around the inside perimeter of SpiderFarmer's 5 x 5 tent I'm going to try Dusk and Dawn on my girls with 10 -15 minutes of red light after lights out and 10 -15 min red before lights come on...

I also in tend on pulling all the girls out 1 by 1 and trimming off all the undergrowth I don't want. I also be taking cuts off the 4 strains to keep them going........lol....plans.....its early yet...coffee time.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Mar 5
Good morning Me and my cat Qnight in my shop I'm smoking he's prowling. Its been a routine of late. As I get my boots on hes on a stool looking at me with big sad eye's so I grab a shopping bag and he climbs on in for me to carry him down in......

Todays plan is to set up my 4 ft long red led strip lights around the inside perimeter of SpiderFarmer's 5 x 5 tent I'm going to try Dusk and Dawn on my girls with 10 -15 minutes of red light after lights out and 10 -15 min red before lights come on...

I also in tend on pulling all the girls out 1 by 1 and trimming off all the undergrowth I don't want. I also be taking cuts off the 4 strains to keep them going........lol....plans.....its early yet...coffee time.
Really interesting stuff with the dusk and dawn, didnt know you could mimic that with red light! Is this supposed to trigger more efficient ripening? Would make sense as the color temps in the fall get warmer, spring lots of blue!

Are you taking cuts right before chopping? Revegging/cloning near harvest seems like a good way of saving time and space not having to keep a mom plant around.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Really interesting stuff with the dusk and dawn, didnt know you could mimic that with red light! Is this supposed to trigger more efficient ripening? Would make sense as the color temps in the fall get warmer, spring lots of blue!

Are you taking cuts right before chopping? Revegging/cloning near harvest seems like a good way of saving time and space not having to keep a mom plant around.
About the lights I'm not sure. I had a grow last year where I was getting what I called Mock dawn and dusk with lights I just couldn't get timed right. I had lights come on in one area lighting up the space early but not on the plants by 10 -15 min same thing in the night one set would go out and the others stayed on.....

And yes on cutting the clones I don't keep Moms I just rotate them. All of my plants in the tent came from the 3 plants I just harvested...I really only wanted 1 of each but I took 2-3 cuts and they all grew so now I'll take 2 more off each of the 4 strains just in case 1 doesn't make it......I may toss the Gelato & GG though I've a few others coming up I'd like to have a run with.

The buds grew bigger faster & I questioned on here if it could be because of the lighting fk up......

There was no definite answer so I have these lights I bought a while back for side lighting that didn't work out and I've an opportunity to see what happens.

Now if I can get them timed right I want them on for 1/2 hr morning and night 15 min before lights out - 15 min after same in reverse at night.

Zombierider

Zombierider

About the lights I'm not sure. I had a grow last year where I was getting what I called Mock dawn and dusk with lights I just couldn't get timed right. I had lights come on in one area lighting up the space early but not on the plants by 10 -15 min same thing in the night one set would go out and the others stayed on.....

And yes on cutting the clones I don't keep Moms I just rotate them. All of my plants in the tent came from the 3 plants I just harvested...I really only wanted 1 of each but I took 2-3 cuts and they all grew so now I'll take 2 more off each of the 4 strains just in case 1 doesn't make it......I may toss the Gelato & GG though I've a few others coming up I'd like to have a run with.

The buds grew bigger faster & I questioned on here if it could be because of the lighting fk up......

There was no definite answer so I have these lights I bought a while back for side lighting that didn't work out and I've an opportunity to see what happens.

Now if I can get them timed right I want them on for 1/2 hr morning and night 15 min before lights out - 15 min after same in reverse at night.
So you unintentionally mimicked the dawn and dusk cycle and saw an improvement...interesting. My first grow light, the Covert 630, has an optional controller that has a "dusk and dawn mode". It says "Sunrise & Sunset Mode: Sunrise/Sunset settings allow you to slowly dim on and off your lights mimicking the natural lightcycle. This might seem like a minor feature, but in reality this feature plays an important role that helps plants reduce daily stresses". I dont have the controller so never tried it. Interested in seeing the results of your experiment!

And yeah dude Im doing this from now on. Gonna take some clones before harvest (though some Ill take at flip if I wanna run em again right away) then reveg them. Might also reveg the harvested mom just in case the clones dont take. Then Ill either clone the revegged momma, or toss em and keep the revegged clone. That is, of course, if its a keeper :D.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
I have a photonteck controller running my two photonteck led lights and i use the the sunrise and sunset mode settings but really can not tell if there is a difference. Run it at 30 minutes before and after sunset sun rise only way to really find out myself would be to turn feature off.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So you unintentionally mimicked the dawn and dusk cycle and saw an improvement...interesting. My first grow light, the Covert 630, has an optional controller that has a "dusk and dawn mode". It says "Sunrise & Sunset Mode: Sunrise/Sunset settings allow you to slowly dim on and off your lights mimicking the natural lightcycle. This might seem like a minor feature, but in reality this feature plays an important role that helps plants reduce daily stresses". I dont have the controller so never tried it. Interested in seeing the results of your experiment!

And yeah dude Im doing this from now on. Gonna take some clones before harvest (though some Ill take at flip if I wanna run em again right away) then reveg them. Might also reveg the harvested mom just in case the clones dont take. Then Ill either clone the revegged momma, or toss em and keep the revegged clone. That is, of course, if its a keeper :D.
I'm not 100% on the dusk & dawn giving me bigger buds that's why the test here...I just harvested some of the moms without the using reds it should I should be able to get a good comparison between them.

I just revegged an Auto...anything is possible....I'm going to take some cuts off her soon.....I don't think its an auto any longer.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a photonteck controller running my two photonteck led lights and i use the the sunrise and sunset mode settings but really can not tell if there is a difference. Run it at 30 minutes before and after sunset sun rise only way to really find out myself would be to turn feature off.
Another thing is I bought these dam red led lights and after my first uneventful fail with them they've just hung un- used in my veg room So ...A....having the lights...and .....B...thinking I saw improvement I guess C is connecting the dots of my hypotenuse .....lol Quebec Blast today...lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Another thing is I bought these dam red led lights and after my first uneventful fail with them they've just hung un- used in my veg room So ...A....having the lights...and .....B...thinking I saw improvement I guess C is connecting the dots of my hypotenuse .....lol Quebec Blast today...lol
Mar 5
I strung the lights and turned them on for a pic but I'm not ready to use them yet. My timers are so big they take up too much space on power bars so I have finagle an extension onto the power bar then to the timer & lights...work work work....

My GG left in a 3/4 gallon pot took a hit today with me snapping a branch off. I've duct taped it back up so no real problem...an obvious week spot that could have gone at a worse time & been too late to repair itself properly....I was trying to get her to touch the floor when I was bending her down oooops too much snap.....lol.

My 4 sprouts today looking good.

And of course Ugly the revegged auto. I bent her over a bit as well...no snaps though.

With my last 3 cut and hung.

IMG 4573
IMG 4574
IMG 4578
IMG 4579
IMG 4580
IMG 4581
IMG 4582
IMG 4583
IMG 4584
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mar 5
I strung the lights and turned them on for a pic but I'm not ready to use them yet. My timers are so big they take up too much space on power bars so I have finagle an extension onto the power bar then to the timer & lights...work work work....

My GG left in a 3/4 gallon pot took a hit today with me snapping a branch off. I've duct taped it back up so no real problem...an obvious week spot that could have gone at a worse time & been too late to repair itself properly....I was trying to get her to touch the floor when I was bending her down oooops too much snap.....lol.

My 4 sprouts today looking good.

And of course Ugly the revegged auto. I bent her over a bit as well...no snaps though.

With my last 3 cut and hung.
love it

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mar 7
I cleaned up the bottoms on all the girls in the tent. I've been reluctant to do that but I've finely caught on. I pulled each plant out and took off everything that won't reach the top. I also bent them in every direction they'd allow will only minor damage to one where I split the stalk, Duct tape and I'm good to go...all plants needed water today I added 1/2 tsp Epsom Salts / gallon

I probably should have transplanted my sprouts out of the solo cups today but 2 were desperate for water and I wasn't ready to re pot so I gave them all a drink

I bent over the GG I have left as much as I could so I could lower the lights over my sprouts and revegged auto

IMG 4586
IMG 4590
IMG 4591
IMG 4592
IMG 4593
IMG 4594
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mar 7
I cleaned up the bottoms on all the girls in the tent. I've been reluctant to do that but I've finely caught on. I pulled each plant out and took off everything that won't reach the top. I also bent them in every direction they'd allow will only minor damage to one where I split the stalk, Duct tape and I'm good to go...all plants needed water today I added 1/2 tsp Epsom Salts / gallon

I probably should have transplanted my sprouts out of the solo cups today but 2 were desperate for water and I wasn't ready to re pot so I gave them all a drink

I bent over the GG I have left as much as I could so I could lower the lights over my sprouts and revegged auto
looks perfect,
nice and healthy and clean..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mar 7

March 9
I transplanted my 4 sprouts into 3/4 gal pots in a new mix I hope is closer to 50/50 Perlite & Promix. They'll only be in these pots for 2 weeks then I'll move them into the final Auto Pot 15L pots. I still haven't fed them yet at 18 days of life. Soon though very soon on there next need of liquid.

My revegging Auto

I got what I needed yesterday to be able to time my red lights to be on for 10 min before lights out to 10 min after lights out both Dawn and Dusk.....I'm going to hold off for 2 more days and let them veg until after daylight savings this weekend. I don't need to be readjusting the timers again in 2 days.

I was supposed to get my new D3000 today but so far no show. I got email yesterday they said be ready its coming....tracking said it was out for delivery...before 4:30......missed that.....I got another delivery of a new 4 way water splitter with valves off each socket. I now have to set up a reservoir and line to each of my back 4 pots so I can feed and water through a hose and not try to reach in under and around my plants.

IMG 4600
IMG 4610
IMG 4601
IMG 4602
IMG 4604
IMG 4605
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 9
I transplanted my 4 sprouts into 3/4 gal pots in a new mix I hope is closer to 50/50 Perlite & Promix. They'll only be in these pots for 2 weeks then I'll move them into the final Auto Pot 15L pots. I still haven't fed them yet at 18 days of life. Soon though very soon on there next need of liquid.

My revegging Auto

I got what I needed yesterday to be able to time my red lights to be on for 10 min before lights out to 10 min after lights out both Dawn and Dusk.....I'm going to hold off for 2 more days and let them veg until after daylight savings this weekend. I don't need to be readjusting the timers again in 2 days.

I was supposed to get my new D3000 today but so far no show. I got email yesterday they said be ready its coming....tracking said it was out for delivery...before 4:30......missed that.....I got another delivery of a new 4 way water splitter with valves off each socket. I now have to set up a reservoir and line to each of my back 4 pots so I can feed and water through a hose and not try to reach in under and around my plants.
Yes they've filled in nicely I'll string a net over them tomorrow, I wanted to get my watering lines in but that'll take me a bit to getter dun so I better get the net on to help hold them down. I'll flip them to 12/12 this weekend soon as we turn the clocks forward.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes they've filled in nicely I'll string a net over them tomorrow, I wanted to get my watering lines in but that'll take me a bit to getter dun so I better get the net on to help hold them down. I'll flip them to 12/12 this weekend soon as we turn the clocks forward.
Mar 10
My new light came today the Spiderfarmer G3000.....Very well packed, there was no spaces for equipment to slide around in and heavy foam kept everything tight.

It went together in minutes, it took me a couple of minutes to look at the parts then once I clipped the first light strip into place and I saw how easy it was it took less than 5 minutes to assemble and turn on for a test. There's a switch on the dimmer that either engages the dimmer or turns the light on at 100%.

All the parts clipped together easily and 4 thumb screws hold the driver in place. There's a long cord attached to the driver so it can be move out of the tent when needed. I'll keep the driver attached because I need all the heat in the tent I can get.

I intend to use this light in my 3x3 over my 4 Auto Pots and those plants should be ready to go as soon as the 3 plants I have drying in the tent are done.

IMG 4612
IMG 4613
IMG 4614
IMG 4615
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mar 10
My new light came today the Spiderfarmer G3000.....Very well packed, there was no spaces for equipment to slide around in and heavy foam kept everything tight.

It went together in minutes, it took me a couple of minutes to look at the parts then once I clipped the first light strip into place and I saw how easy it was it took less than 5 minutes to assemble and turn on for a test. There's a switch on the dimmer that either engages the dimmer or turns the light on at 100%.

All the parts clipped together easily and 4 thumb screws hold the driver in place. There's a long cord attached to the driver so it can be move out of the tent when needed. I'll keep the driver attached because I need all the heat in the tent I can get.

I intend to use this light in my 3x3 over my 4 Auto Pots and those plants should be ready to go as soon as the 3 plants I have drying in the tent are done.
I put a net on today but without them going through any stretch yet I'll need another on top, I'll try and pull the net down some tomorrow and with it I hope lower the plants too

I took a few pics at lights out with only the red led's on. I'm not ready for them yet but Sunday I hope after the clock switches and a lights out pic of my 19 day old girls, 1 day after transplant

IMG 4616
IMG 4617
IMG 4621
IMG 4629
Top Bottom