Pipecarver's new Spiderfarmer5'x5' with 2-SE3000 growing wild

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Those UVs really make it looks so cool in there! I’d be intrigued to see what improvements they add
Hey they're not uv they're just cheap red leds, I think I paid around $60 for 4 - 4ft strips. I wanted to use them for side lighting but it didn't do what I was hoping so I put them in my veg room and they stretched out my vegging girls, I didn't like that so I shut them off. I'm just playing with these to see if they'll do anything, Probably just a waste of electricity but eh wtf....I got em I might as well see if I can use them for more than just hanging and turned off.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey they're not uv they're just cheap red leds, I think I paid around $60 for 4 - 4ft strips. I wanted to use them for side lighting but it didn't do what I was hoping so I put them in my veg room and they stretched out my vegging girls, I didn't like that so I shut them off. I'm just playing with these to see if they'll do anything, Probably just a waste of electricity but eh wtf....I got em I might as well see if I can use them for more than just hanging and turned off.
March 18
I cleaned out my 3x3 and moved it back along side my 5x5 then hung the new Spider Farmer G3000 in it. I've been manoeuvring it around in the limited space I have trying to figure out where to put the reservoir for the Auto pots that I can access & without blocking off access to anything.

I have space if I move the hot water tank 3 ft to the right and I've space but it would mean getting the plumbers back and I don't need that headache again

Once I got the everything in place I turned it on......nothing WT.....oh there's an on off switch....nothing...WT......the dimmer switch on this model turns all the way down to Zero then off, once I turned the dimer on It work perfectly with more control than the SE3000 dimmers. There seems to be more micro adjustments with it and works very well. I like that to be able to keep the intensity low on new plants.

IMG 4673
IMG 4677
IMG 4678
IMG 4680
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 18
I cleaned out my 3x3 and moved it back along side my 5x5 then hung the new Spider Farmer G3000 in it. I've been manoeuvring it around in the limited space I have trying to figure out where to put the reservoir for the Auto pots that I can access & without blocking off access to anything.

I have space if I move the hot water tank 3 ft to the right and I've space but it would mean getting the plumbers back and I don't need that headache again

Once I got the everything in place I turned it on......nothing WT.....oh there's an on off switch....nothing...WT......the dimmer switch on this model turns all the way down to Zero then off, once I turned the dimer on It work perfectly with more control than the SE3000 dimmers. There seems to be more micro adjustments with it and works very well. I like that to be able to keep the intensity low on new plants.
March 21
Spring is here, a nice warm 11C day clear and sunny, We went to Lunenburg for lunch and RO water today. I don't think we saw 20 cars on the road all the way there on a 20 minute drive. Once we got into Lunenburg there was more traffic but still not much. Not typical but not out of the ordinary through the winter months with our low population and few tourists.

I set up my Auto Pots cut the lines and installed the float valves, once I did the first one the others were a snap and it all went together easily. Not so easily with the air set up for the air domes. I had it all worked out pimp secured lines cut great job, turned on the pump and no air coming through the stones, Okay I have another aquarium pump but nope same results.

I have a pump I used for my Clone Bubbler....Yep it works but its too noisy to use and I have it hard wired into a small cooler to silence it and that works but no...just no...I can't...You be the judge....I' ordered another 4 port adjustable pump, It should be here before I start the Pots

My girls in the tent are doing well the pink light doesn't seem to have any effect so far...I'm not in my grow space at lights on but I've a suspision my sf600 I'm using at the front of the tent for added coverage is coming on early screwing up Dawn. I'll have to cut it back to 11.5 hrs so my dusk dawn experiment isn't interrupted.

The girls destined for the auto pots are doing great, I had to top the Sour D it was outgrowing the others I should have them transplanted into the Auto Pots this week, I'll set the airlines in place for the domes and they cut long enough to go with a new pump.

IMG 4684
IMG 4687
IMG 4688
IMG 4689
IMG 4690
IMG 4695
IMG 4696
IMG 4692
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 21
Spring is here, a nice warm 11C day clear and sunny, We went to Lunenburg for lunch and RO water today. I don't think we saw 20 cars on the road all the way there on a 20 minute drive. Once we got into Lunenburg there was more traffic but still not much. Not typical but not out of the ordinary through the winter months with our low population and few tourists.

I set up my Auto Pots cut the lines and installed the float valves, once I did the first one the others were a snap and it all went together easily. Not so easily with the air set up for the air domes. I had it all worked out pimp secured lines cut great job, turned on the pump and no air coming through the stones, Okay I have another aquarium pump but nope same results.

I have a pump I used for my Clone Bubbler....Yep it works but its too noisy to use and I have it hard wired into a small cooler to silence it and that works but no...just no...I can't...You be the judge....I' ordered another 4 port adjustable pump, It should be here before I start the Pots

My girls in the tent are doing well the pink light doesn't seem to have any effect so far...I'm not in my grow space at lights on but I've a suspision my sf600 I'm using at the front of the tent for added coverage is coming on early screwing up Dawn. I'll have to cut it back to 11.5 hrs so my dusk dawn experiment isn't interrupted.

The girls destined for the auto pots are doing great, I had to top the Sour D it was outgrowing the others I should have them transplanted into the Auto Pots this week, I'll set the airlines in place for the domes and they cut long enough to go with a new pump.
March 24
I've started a new thread here with my new G3000...(thank you Spider Farmer for supplying me with this new light) I have it in my 3x3 over my new Auto Pots, I've been able to transplant 3 girls into the new pots but I ran out of washed clay balls for the base to cover my faux air domes, I'll have them ready tomorrow to get my last plant in. I'm heating it with a 75W reptile lamp but its not enough I'll have to add another and cover the top of the tent with insulation to bring it up another few degrees.

My red light experiment might be bringing on buds early, its not 2 weeks since I've flipped and I could see buds forming yesterday, Ill have to check and see how Granny is doing and compare progress, we flipped the same day...

IMG 4702
IMG 4724
IMG 4728
IMG 4729
IMG 4719
Last edited:
Top Bottom