PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Feb 26th temps above zero humidity up to 35% in flower and yahoo 55% in veg.

I found a bag of pipes I thought were taken by our house gremlins, you know the ones, that take odd things or move them around, like keys, remotes, tools. Fkers stole a nice pair of side cutters last year. Between my shop and my home I put them down somewhere and the fkers took them.lol

2 cherry Bomb after 3 days of dark. Cut and hang.

Valentines dinner re-created
Looks great!! The last pic, though... did your dog barf on a tortilla shell or did I miss something? 😁😁 Very nice plants, though. I like that there was a lot of side growth and not just the canopy... my main gripe about some strains (Train Wreck specifically!).
Keep up the good work!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feb 26th temps above zero humidity up to 35% in flower and yahoo 55% in veg.

I found a bag of pipes I thought were taken by our house gremlins, you know the ones, that take odd things or move them around, like keys, remotes, tools. Fkers stole a nice pair of side cutters last year. Between my shop and my home I put them down somewhere and the fkers took them.lol

2 cherry Bomb after 3 days of dark. Cut and hang.

Valentines dinner re-created
Last summer I was having plant problems and I found that My 6 gallon water jug had black slime on the bottom. I had cleaned iot, I know I did, but there on the bottom & sides was a black sludge. I attributed this to all my problems so I turfed the jug and I've been using 1 gallon water & milk jugs. Today I looked at a milk jug and there on the bottom and sides a black film.

The water jugs have none. The milk jugs are a milky clear plastic ( same as my 6 gallon jug) the water jugs are clear. It looks like that kind of plastic is picking up small particles of our carbon water filter
( I think) after a while it builds up on the walls of the jugs. Not sure if that is toxic or not but I'll stop using the opaque plastic and stick to the clear water jugs. Rotate them as well and not keep them too long.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
lol
Looks great!! The last pic, though... did your dog barf on a tortilla shell or did I miss something? 😁😁 Very nice plants, though. I like that there was a lot of side growth and not just the canopy... my main gripe about some strains (Train Wreck specifically!).
Keep up the good work!
lol the last pic was a re-creation of our Valentines night dinner My wife must have like it because she's had them a couple times since. I saw it on her plate and it was beautiful, well centered with just the right amount of yellow swirrled down the dog a little bit of green, I immediately saw it was picture worthy😂. One of the members posted a beautiful steak dinner with crab filled mushroom caps,asparagus And We had hot dogs without bread or buns. It was either on a tortilla or just a plate lol I chose tortilla

Those were Cherry Bomb clones I took, really nice smoke sweet taste great high, That's the last of it though, I'm hoping to make a full run of Chemdog once my clones take off, I have an odd mixture coming up next, not sure what the success will be. 8 plants of unsure sex 2 of unsure origin ( might be from hermie'd seeds.

I have one Chemdog 2 weeks into flower looking very good & very similar in size and bud sites as the Cherry Bomb. I also have a Galiano Candy that's.....well not so good. It didn't re-veg after sexing, even after a month more in veg it just kept growing sm buds and the leaves....look sick and dying buds are still developing but its not a plant that does well indoors and sexing it over 3 days fked it up.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
lol

lol the last pic was a re-creation of our Valentines night dinner My wife must have like it because she's had them a couple times since. I saw it on her plate and it was beautiful, well centered with just the right amount of yellow swirrled down the dog a little bit of green, I immediately saw it was picture worthy😂. One of the members posted a beautiful steak dinner with crab filled mushroom caps,asparagus And We had hot dogs without bread or buns. It was either on a tortilla or just a plate lol I chose tortilla

Those were Cherry Bomb clones I took, really nice smoke sweet taste great high, That's the last of it though, I'm hoping to make a full run of Chemdog once my clones take off, I have an odd mixture coming up next, not sure what the success will be. 8 plants of unsure sex 2 of unsure origin ( might be from hermie'd seeds.

I have one Chemdog 2 weeks into flower looking very good & very similar in size and bud sites as the Cherry Bomb. I also have a Galiano Candy that's.....well not so good. It didn't re-veg after sexing, even after a month more in veg it just kept growing sm buds and the leaves....look sick and dying buds are still developing but its not a plant that does well indoors and sexing it over 3 days fked it up.
I don't grow my own clones preferring to use seeds, but I have had some plants that refuse to re-vegg and do the same as yours are doing... mostly Indica strains. Sative seems more forgiving, but some of my Indica plants were toast after flowering. FWIW, I usually flower until the very end, after a lot of leaves have dropped off. Perhaps the plants were just too spent to re-vegg.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don't grow my own clones preferring to use seeds, but I have had some plants that refuse to re-vegg and do the same as yours are doing... mostly Indica strains. Sative seems more forgiving, but some of my Indica plants were toast after flowering. FWIW, I usually flower until the very end, after a lot of leaves have dropped off. Perhaps the plants were just too spent to re-vegg.
Not sure but I grew them before with similar leaf problems but the buds were spectacular although a bit larfy

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not sure but I grew them before with similar leaf problems but the buds were spectacular although a bit larfyView attachment 945300
View attachment 945302View attachment 945303
Feb 29th last fkin day of this shit month. humidity now seems under control. I heard that it shouldn't effect my plants too much. All were effected, they seemed to stop growing and most lower fan leaves went yellow and dried up on all. Now that the humidity is under control they're looking much better and starting to grow again with better colour.
Chem dawg is the only one that doesn't look too bad, 2 weeks into flower, small buds forming up very well, I'm looking forward to the last weeks of this girl.

Galiano Candy, I don't know what to say, she lost all her leaves and the ones left don't look very good. I'm thinking way under fed and she cannibalized herself to support the buds sites. Tough grow this one, she doesn't like being sexed then re-vegged or the low humidity. 2 weeks into flower.

100 3895
100 3897
100 3898
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Feb 29th last fkin day of this shit month. humidity now seems under control. I heard that it shouldn't effect my plants too much. All were effected, they seemed to stop growing and most lower fan leaves went yellow and dried up on all. Now that the humidity is under control they're looking much better and starting to grow again with better colour.
Chem dawg is the only one that doesn't look too bad, 2 weeks into flower, small buds forming up very well, I'm looking forward to the last weeks of this girl.

Galiano Candy, I don't know what to say, she lost all her leaves and the ones left don't look very good. I'm thinking way under fed and she cannibalized herself to support the buds sites. Tough grow this one, she doesn't like being sexed then re-vegged or the low humidity. 2 weeks into flower.
I might be talking bullshit here, but looking at your plants... there are a LOT of large colas growing. More than a typical plant would produce, hence the special training. Could the extra load of buds be causing the plant to use it's reserves so quickly during flowering? It seems like a LOT of buds for just a few leaves. Everything looks good and I don't see any obvious problems, so it's unique shape and size brought this question to mind while looking at the photos. Impressive! If you still have a ways to go during flowering, a small dose of nitrogen might keep things moving, although you won't recover any lost leaves or grow many more since it's flowering.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I might be talking bullshit here, but looking at your plants... there are a LOT of large colas growing. More than a typical plant would produce, hence the special training. Could the extra load of buds be causing the plant to use it's reserves so quickly during flowering? It seems like a LOT of buds for just a few leaves. Everything looks good and I don't see any obvious problems, so it's unique shape and size brought this question to mind while looking at the photos. Impressive! If you still have a ways to go during flowering, a small dose of nitrogen might keep things moving, although you won't recover any lost leaves or grow many more since it's flowering.
ITs only 2 weeks into flower, the same as the Chem dawg. Flowers started to grow 3 days after 12/12

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
ITs only 2 weeks into flower, the same as the Chem dawg. Flowers started to grow 3 days after 12/12
Early update I turned both the Chemdog & the Galiano Candy Feb 14. Chemdog is coming along very well and small bud sites are as expected. The Galiano Candy WTF 17 days into flower most leaves have died off and all I'm left with are these towers. WTF? more nitrogen needed through grow and into flower maybe.

Grandaddy Purple is growing very well I've had to top it twice already, I got this as a clone about a week ago, it's just taken off. ( I like)

KC 39 & MC are a little feeble looking after the 3 weeks of low humidity and it's stunted their growth they're looking a bit Bonsai'd all the fan leaves are gone but they both started to perk up the last few days.

100 3905
100 3906
100 3908
100 3900
100 3903
100 3902
100 3911
100 3913
100 3915
100 3916
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Early update I turned both the Chemdog & the Galiano Candy Feb 14. Chemdog is coming along very well and small bud sites are as expected. The Galiano Candy WTF 17 days into flower most leaves have died off and all I'm left with are these towers. WTF? more nitrogen needed through grow and into flower maybe.

Grandaddy Purple is growing very well I've had to top it twice already, I got this as a clone about a week ago, it's just taken off. ( I like)

KC 39 & MC are a little feeble looking after the 3 weeks of low humidity and it's stunted their growth they're looking a bit Bonsai'd all the fan leaves are gone but they both started to perk up the last few days.
Looks like Frosty has paid you a visit!❤

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I had a very similar one around thanks giving I believe was from a light leak ?
No way its light leak, 100% not possible its the strain I'm 100% sure of that as well. This is the second time growing and both times they/ve done the same thing. I've 3 more about a month old I'm not going to sex until flip them this time and try to keep them short with a bit extra food all the way through the grow.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

If by some chance you grow these plants you're going to have to watch this problem at flower time. I think they'd do better with leaves lol. I've taken some clones off the CD that are doing real good. I hope to have a full run of it.
They get planted in 2 months. Got 4 spots on the ground with metal gopher gards around and new chicken wire underneath. The manure is composting. I even have tea going. They'll be all I'm growing in dirt this year. Wanna see trees! Of course I'll have to do a couple in coco.😉

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If by some chance you grow these plants you're going to have to watch this problem at flower time. I think they'd do better with leaves lol. I've taken some clones off the CD that are doing real good. I hope to have a full run of it.
I just finished off a pipe, First one in a while, first one with a cap and bowl.

100 3930
100 3931
100 3932
100 3935
Coal up close
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice cat! Is that a Burmese?
No American short hair, but with some research he looks like he's a Bombay that's daddy fun with a blond so he's got a sm white spot on his chest. His personality though seems 100% Bombay which was a cross between Burmese and a Black American short hair to resemble a Panther and that's what he is my mini panther.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice cat! Is that a Burmese?

I had a big black Burmese named Batman not that long ago, I have a Calico now
View attachment 947493
My cat is my little buddy we go on long walks through the woods together, We were out today but still too much ice and boggy ground, He follows me around like a puppy,comes down to my grow room hangs out for a bit, comes into my smoking room hangs out on the window ledge for a puff or 2 then gives me a disgusted look and hops down & out multiple times through the day lol he's gotta have that look out the back window with me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No way its light leak, 100% not possible its the strain I'm 100% sure of that as well. This is the second time growing and both times they/ve done the same thing. I've 3 more about a month old I'm not going to sex until flip them this time and try to keep them short with a bit extra food all the way through the grow.

That is from way too much nutes i think.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That is from way too much nutes i think.
Nope, too few I believe, with the low humidity I was advised to feed lightly and for almost a month I did just that. You gotta realize that this plant is not even 3 weeks into flower. It's demanding more food and I believe was cannibalizing it's self. IT also didn't want to re-veg after I sexed it. I have 3 others I'm not going to sex this time they're about 1 month old and I'm going to transplant all into my large pots (3 gal) and see what I get. I believe sexing them fks them up.

I took a number of clones off her once I determined her fem. The clones stay alive but won't re-veg. I transplanted 1 into a larger cup just to see it's roots. Wholly fk wrapped around the bottom of the solo cup and a woven mat of roots all around the sides it was root bound to the max but no vertical growth just the same small bud on the top with the same profile as when I cut it. Maybe a couple extra small trident leaves but no growth. Odd plant.😀😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom