PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nope, too few I believe, with the low humidity I was advised to feed lightly and for almost a month I did just that. You gotta realize that this plant is not even 3 weeks into flower. It's demanding more food and I believe was cannibalizing it's self. IT also didn't want to re-veg after I sexed it. I have 3 others I'm not going to sex this time they're about 1 month old and I'm going to transplant all into my large pots (3 gal) and see what I get. I believe sexing them fks them up.

I took a number of clones off her once I determined her fem. The clones stay alive but won't re-veg. I transplanted 1 into a larger cup just to see it's roots. Wholly fk wrapped around the bottom of the solo cup and a woven mat of roots all around the sides it was root bound to the max but no vertical growth just the same small bud on the top with the same profile as when I cut it. Maybe a couple extra small trident leaves but no growth. Odd plant.😀😀
March 7 update,
The Galiano Candy is still growing buds, it looks like the leaf loss has slowed down I turned both the Galiano and Chemdog Feb 14

Chem Dawg is doing very well nice green leaves and buds developing nicely.

Grand Daddy Purple is out growing everything in my grow, topped twice and put in my large pots at about 3 weeks from small clone

KC39's both vegging well now that the humidity is up

MC 1& 2 root bound and in need of transplant but growing well. These could be hermies so I'm not counting on them. It would be nice if they're not from Bubba Kush and Cherry Bomb. I won't freak out if they do go fe-male on me.

Sweet tooth also is coming along after transplant shock and low humidity. It's been topped once.

It looks like my attemp to grow a male Chemdog outside failed for some reason. I was impressed by PlumberSoCal's winter grow and thought I'd give it a try. Might have forgot to water it😁😁

100 3945
100 3948
100 3951
100 3953
100 3956
100 3958
100 3959
100 3961
100 3943
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 7 update,
The Galiano Candy is still growing buds, it looks like the leaf loss has slowed down I turned both the Galiano and Chemdog Feb 14

Chem Dawg is doing very well nice green leaves and buds developing nicely.

Grand Daddy Purple is out growing everything in my grow, topped twice and put in my large pots at about 3 weeks from small clone

KC39's both vegging well now that the humidity is up

MC 1& 2 root bound and in need of transplant but growing well. These could be hermies so I'm not counting on them. It would be nice if they're not from Bubba Kush and Cherry Bomb. I won't freak out if they do go fe-male on me.

Sweet tooth also is coming along after transplant shock and low humidity. It's been topped once.

It looks like my attemp to grow a male Chemdog outside failed for some reason. I was impressed by PlumberSoCal's winter grow and thought I'd give it a try. Might have forgot to water it😁😁
After making a pipe last week I thought I'd make a few more with some of the pieces of hardwood I have. I made this today out of Birdseye Maple. My bandsaw blade is dull and cutting this wood was hard on it. So that left a lot of work on my belt sander to help shape it. I like working with the hardwoods but it's sure hard on my tools.

100 3962
100 3966
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
After making a pipe last week I thought I'd make a few more with some of the pieces of hardwood I have. I made this today out of Birdseye Maple. My bandsaw blade is dull and cutting this wood was hard on it. So that left a lot of work on my belt sander to help shape it. I like working with the hardwoods but it's sure hard on my tools.
Made one today from Walnut

100 3988
100 3990
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was adopted and did an Ancestry search. Evidently, my blood line came to Nova Scotia from Ireland, as one of the earlier Irish immigrants. I'd like to visit, and now that I'm feeling abit better, I might do some travelling. NS isn't too far from here... no further than the northern Ontario fishing guy I fly in with!
Your pipes are very nice... the last one reminds me of one my old college roommate brought back from Switzerland or Sweden, although I think it was 40 years ago! Do you sell any of these? Drop me a PM if you do as I think they are pretty nice... not to mention hand made. I couldn't build a board if you gave me a 2x4!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 15 update Chemdog 4 weeks into flower & Galiano Candy 4 weeks in flower

Grand Daddy Purple out growing everything topped a couple of times now

Sweet tooth has recovered fully and growing great topped

MC 1 topped 14 times today

KC39 1 growing wild I'm running out of room for them if I don't flip soon, I'm wanting 2 more weeks before I turn most of my vegging plants.

Galiano Candy 1 I have 3 same size but unsexed I keep topping and tying to keep them short before flip.

Chocolope from Senora seeds, a friend gave me this a weeks ago. topped once to keep it down. Obvious Sativa strain growing tall and thin. I smoked some he had dried, great taste and smell. Not as strong as I like but the taste makes up for it. A nice sprinkle for taste or mix with other pot as a blend, love it.

Rearranged my veg room, moved the light and twisted the room around to create more space. I'm having too much trouble with paper calendar's to chart my plants so I'm moving an old computer down to my room. I bought a computer table from my favorite discount store $10 after our seniors discount . Last summer I went on a cleaning binge tossed out a bunch of stuff including a small 14" monitor and now I need to buy one...fk....Value Village again.

100 3996
100 3999
100 4003
100 4004
100 4011
100 3991
100 3994
100 4008
100 4014
100 4013
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 15 update Chemdog 4 weeks into flower & Galiano Candy 4 weeks in flower

Grand Daddy Purple out growing everything topped a couple of times now

Sweet tooth has recovered fully and growing great topped

MC 1 topped 14 times today

KC39 1 growing wild I'm running out of room for them if I don't flip soon, I'm wanting 2 more weeks before I turn most of my vegging plants.

Galiano Candy 1 I have 3 same size but unsexed I keep topping and tying to keep them short before flip.

Chocolope from Senora seeds, a friend gave me this a weeks ago. topped once to keep it down. Obvious Sativa strain growing tall and thin. I smoked some he had dried, great taste and smell. Not as strong as I like but the taste makes up for it. A nice sprinkle for taste or mix with other pot as a blend, love it.

Rearranged my veg room, moved the light and twisted the room around to create more space. I'm having too much trouble with paper calendar's to chart my plants so I'm moving an old computer down to my room. I bought a computer table from my favorite discount store $10 after our seniors discount . Last summer I went on a cleaning binge tossed out a bunch of stuff including a small 14" monitor and now I need to buy one...fk....Value Village again.

100 4027
100 4024
100 4019
100 4018
100 4017
100 4021
100 4023
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You Can't read the news or watch TV its all about the the Fucking bug, There's no sports so I come here to relax, take the pressure off & hang with other growers..................................... HARD STOP..................

There seems to be as much panic here and most of the conversation is about panic, stock up on guns & bullets, prepare for Armageddon i'm gone for a while I need peace and calm.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You Can't read the news or watch TV its all about the the Fucking bug, There's no sports so I come here to relax, take the pressure off & hang with other growers..................................... HARD STOP..................

There seems to be as much panic here and most of the conversation is about panic, stock up on guns & bullets, prepare for Armageddon i'm gone for a while I need peace and calm.
April 2 update
Chemdog...week 7 flower
Galiano Candy week 7 flower
KC39#1........week 2 flower
KC39#2.......week 2 flower
MC#1..........week 2 flower
MC#2 ........week 2 flower
Galiano Candy #1 week 2 flower
Galiano Candy #2 week 2 flower
Full room

Still on lockdown, spending lots of time in my grow room, brought down and old computer, & bought a comp table and monitor for $15. at Value Village just before lockdown. I'm now wired up and online in my room.

I've got some spider mites on my vegging plants and a few on the flowering. Ive applied Dr.Bronners soap twice on vegging plants but I've run out. I expect more from Amazon today/tomorrow. I'll need to spray/ bath all plants again in the solution.

The Galiano Candy seems susceptible to these bugs, other plants not as badly infected. spray works lots of dead but the eggs keep hatching. spray spray spray to control the fkers.

Galiano Candy has few leaves left I cut all dead and dying and that's whats left all bud easy to trim. I've upped the feed on the 2 Galiano Candy at 2 weeks of flower in an attempt to keep the leaves on. Where I'd normally be on 5/5/10 ml/gal I'm at 10/10/15ml/gal of the Micro/Grow/bloom and next week I'm adding 5 ml Kool Bloom. Heavy feed until it says no more as it is my ppm is only at 690 second week flower.

Kc 39's growing very well I'd like to tie # 2 down more but I have no room left to let her spread out.

MC shorter and bushier indication of an indica. I'm not sure about the seeds these came from, they're either a KC39 & Bubba Kush or Cherry Bomb and Bubba Kush that came from a hermied Bubba. I only got a dozen seeds, 6 from a Cherry Bomb and about six from a KC39. I hope these don't show me any balls over the next week or 2.

Vegging plants Grand Daddy Purple largest plant at back, Sweet tooth left side in larger pot, Chocolope tall thin sativa at back in white pot, Chem Dawg clones and Galiano Candy clones.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Welcome back! Hope you're well✌😎
Thanks, I'm well, I 've been spending long hours in my grow room. always something I can do It's amazing how many hours a day I can spend in here. Now that I'm all wired up here all I need is a more comfortable chair and my wife will rarely see me. Days are simple now. eat/smoke/ grow room/ walk the cat and repeat through the day.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, I'm well, I 've been spending long hours in my grow room. always something I can do It's amazing how many hours a day I can spend in here. Now that I'm all wired up here all I need is a more comfortable chair and my wife will rarely see me. Days are simple now. eat/smoke/ grow room/ walk the cat and repeat through the day.
My new /old comp next to seedling/clone box

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I am going to start at home dialysis. The tech asked me if I had somewhere that I could sit and relax while the process went on... All I could think of was a small jungle with 1000 watt "suns" and the buzz of insects...er..ballasts. I think I found my new Zen chamber!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am going to start at home dialysis. The tech asked me if I had somewhere that I could sit and relax while the process went on... All I could think of was a small jungle with 1000 watt "suns" and the buzz of insects...er..ballasts. I think I found my new Zen chamber!
I cut a hole in the wall today and set up some planks for my cat Coal to be able to get down to my Grow room while I'm here. He was only able to come down before if I took him out and around with me on his leash then after 10 minutes he'd be scratching at the door to get out and I'd have to leash him up again and take him back. Now he can come down and get back out when he wants while I'm here. Wife's not pleased (lol) I'll clean it up tomorrow with a frame and door but for now its just a sorta square hole

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I cut a hole in the wall today and set up some planks for my cat Coal to be able to get down to my Grow room while I'm here. He was only able to come down before if I took him out and around with me on his leash then after 10 minutes he'd be scratching at the door to get out and I'd have to leash him up again and take him back. Now he can come down and get back out when he wants while I'm here. Wife's not pleased (lol) I'll clean it up tomorrow with a frame and door but for now its just a sorta square hole
April 6. I topped my Sweet tooth 16 times tied her down and spread her apart there are more to top but too short today another few days and I can top them too.
Grand Daddy Purple about 1.5 months from clone growing wild I will turn her in another week or 2 after the Chemdog and Galiano Candy are done.
Chemdog 8 weeks flower in 4 days looks good smells great I can't wait to give her a try.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 6. I topped my Sweet tooth 16 times tied her down and spread her apart there are more to top but too short today another few days and I can top them too.
Grand Daddy Purple about 1.5 months from clone growing wild I will turn her in another week or 2 after the Chemdog and Galiano Candy are done.
Chemdog 8 weeks flower in 4 days looks good smells great I can't wait to give her a try.
Except for the drinking (these days) it fits me pretty well.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I made the mistake of letting my cats into my grow room. They just sort of looked around, but after harvest, I was pulling hair out of tons of buds. Damn cat hair got everywgere even though I didn't let him brush against the plants. I HATE hairy buds!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I made the mistake of letting my cats into my grow room. They just sort of looked around, but after harvest, I was pulling hair out of tons of buds. Damn cat hair got everywgere even though I didn't let him brush against the plants. I HATE hairy buds!
He's a well brushed short hair, I'm a long hair and bearded old fart. I shed way more than my cat. His are hairs are short black mine are long curly white/clear and long brown grey lol I'm always plucking my hairs off the plants.😁😁😁

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
He's a well brushed short hair, I'm a long hair and bearded old fart. I shed way more than my cat. His are hairs are short black mine are long curly white/clear and long brown grey lol I'm always plucking my hairs off the plants.😁😁😁
I'm the same way, although I think I drag more cat hair into the grow than the cats do. I have one that has long hair, and it is impossible to keep out without strong countermeasures.

Madhatter1971

Madhatter1971

I've been lurking on the edges here for a while but I guess it's time I jumped in. Now that we're allowed to grow 4 plants, that's how many I'll be growing and trying to grow perpetually it's going to be a bitch to stay within those rules. I've been growing for years (I'm 67) with limited success, lots of issues, a lot of which I can contribute to a term I read here couch locked and no where I could get help openly when issues did arrive. I even avoided places like this with my not going to track me paranoia.

Okay on with the diary. I'm having a rough start to this next grow, I've had multiple seedling failures. I have a bunch of seeds from a few hermied Bubba Kushes I grew & 2 Cherry Bomb seeds I already had. I germinated the 2 Cherry Bomb and 6 BBK both CB & 4 BBK cracked I planted them when long enough in Pro mix (as per usual) both CB sprouted up but only BBK popped though and the others just sat there and eventually died as did 1 CB and the other BBK for some fkn reason. Okay I have more seeds I germinated 10 planted 4 none came up WTF now? So here I am with 1 Cherry Bomb plant growing nicely (pics coming) and no sisters to grow with her. I'm going for some Spring water like the seed companies recommend, I've been using my well water for years with no problems but WTFK's but I'll try some fancy store bought water I guess.

My last grow is just finishing off with great success ( for me any ways) I grew 2 Cherry Bomb,1 Bubba Kush and 3 mystery girls I got from seeds a friend from the west coast sent me, I've been calling Galiano candy popcorn but fk it I now proclaim it to be Galiano Candy lol like anybody cares.

The pics that follow are
1. Back door entrance into my den
2.From the door down into 15'x10' room with a 5'x6' work space / storage at the bottom of the steps. I only have 5' below the lights though. A room for short people, you'd be banging your head, with duct work its down below 5' in some areas of this room but it's up around the back and out of the way.
3. Flower room door open
4. Flower room 1000 watt hps
5.Veg room closed with plant calanders
6. Galiano Candy @ 5 weeks of flower
7. Close up of GC nice bud @ 5 weeks
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9 Galiano Candy week 8
10 Cherry Bomb and Galiano Candy
11.Bubba Kush week 8
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9.Galiano Candy week 8
10 .Bubba Kush 7 weeks