PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

I'm a big fan of DIY. looks good to me. And if it works even better :) I'm not smart enuff to leave things alone after getting my diy up & running ,usually the more tweaks the worse off I am lol.

Looking good, quite a bit less jungle than your last go round.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

I'm a big fan of DIY. looks good to me. And if it works even better :) I'm not smart enuff to leave things alone after getting my diy up & running ,usually the more tweaks the worse off I am lol.

Looking good, quite a bit less jungle than your last go round.
Yes it is but these are only 6 weeks old from seed.The last batch took almost 7 months to finish.
I won't get near the yield but done in half the time is great.

I had expected to have 5 or 6 fem plants and I started 20 seeds of unknown sex thinking half or more would be male ( my last try at unsexed I got 2 fems from 7 plants ) ( bad luck )

I wanted to be sure of at least 5. Any ways 20 seeds 18 popped like bean sprouts in 2 days.....okay so I may have 8-9 plants after sexing. Nope out of 18 only 3 were male. 15 now fems then a buddy comes over with a pot of 4 he didn't have room for so now I have them as well but one ended up male. Okay a few more than I planned for but I've made room and they all seem happy.

I hope this closet veg box works but without a small dehumidifier for it I'll only be able to use it for a limited amount of time because at 95-100% H we get here June-Aug indoor growing is tough without one. I have one for my flower room space but even then I can't flower through June-Aug. I can still veg but that's why I get 7 month old plants....bad timing and lethargy in the fall.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yes it is but these are only 6 weeks old from seed.The last batch took almost 7 months to finish.
I won't get near the yield but done in half the time is great.

I had expected to have 5 or 6 fem plants and I started 20 seeds of unknown sex thinking half or more would be male ( my last try at unsexed I got 2 fems from 7 plants ) ( bad luck )

I wanted to be sure of at least 5. Any ways 20 seeds 18 popped like bean sprouts in 2 days.....okay so I may have 8-9 plants after sexing. Nope out of 18 only 3 were male. 15 now fems then a buddy comes over with a pot of 4 he didn't have room for so now I have them as well but one ended up male. Okay a few more than I planned for but I've made room and they all seem happy.

I hope this closet veg box works but without a small dehumidifier for it I'll only be able to use it for a limited amount of time because at 95-100% H we get here June-Aug indoor growing is tough without one. I have one for my flower room space but even then I can't flower through June-Aug. I can still veg but that's why I get 7 month old plants....bad timing and lethargy in the fall.
The Reg seed curse happens from time to time it seems, trying to grow some str8 CBD for my MIL to try, first 7 seeds were males out of a 10 pack. Finally got a Fem, should have taken some cuts...oh well. I don't start a whole bunch at a time because I just don't have the room but also don't want them vegging forever either. Besides that I am always changing my mind on what to grow so a whole bunch of one thing doesn't do it for me.

The only place for my Flower tent is upstairs in this 100 yr old house so in Summer I'm going to have to scale back, at least from late June thru mid Sept. Too hot, too humid = way to much worry & work. Just can't justify the cost to run air conditioning, but every year is different so who knows.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

The Reg seed curse happens from time to time it seems, trying to grow some str8 CBD for my MIL to try, first 7 seeds were males out of a 10 pack. Finally got a Fem, should have taken some cuts...oh well. I don't start a whole bunch at a time because I just don't have the room but also don't want them vegging forever either. Besides that I am always changing my mind on what to grow so a whole bunch of one thing doesn't do it for me.

The only place for my Flower tent is upstairs in this 100 yr old house so in Summer I'm going to have to scale back, at least from late June thru mid Sept. Too hot, too humid = way to much worry & work. Just can't justify the cost to run air conditioning, but every year is different so who knows.
I don't mind vegging for months & months if I have a good supply already , bigger the better for me, at 3 months after all the topping I do to keep them short I get nice big bushes but then I'm 5 1/2 - 6 months at that point months in before I harvest.

These last autos I'm flowering now will be start to finish 3 !/2 months. I'll have to see what I get out of these but I don't think auto's are for me....I need way too many to keep me supplied. With Photo's 4-5 plants will give me as much or more of a harvest as these 18 auto's I'm thinking...we'll have to see. Another couple months to go.

A few of these have stretched out so much I bent them over....not sure I'm supposed to with autos but too late now lol. they perked up just fine afterwards..

sportyridr

sportyridr

I've heard good things about Magnum Autoflower...got a few as freebies on last Seedsman order. I'm growing regs, autos & fems all together...the autos do just fine on a photo schedule IMO. Then again I'm not in this to grow Beanstalks, well just smaller beanstalks :)

I'm sure I'll settle down one of these days and not go against the bro science of it ... 🤣 🤣

Top Bottom