PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feb 18 I pulled the 2 auto cheese today.

Gorilla's in the closet. I bent over the tops on Gorilla one. and their babies
Feb 25 update My 2 Gorilla Bomb are doing well at around 8 week. I've been moving them under my 1000W hps for 10 - 11 hrs per day, My closet is working very well 75% at 82-83f They seem happy with still another week or so until I leave them in the flower room for good.

I still have at least another week to go on a majority of my Auto's, Haze / Potion & Skunk / The 2 Cheese I cut last week I've had a taste of now and its pretty good. A nice change and a new taste, much sweeter than my last batch and a more pungent aroma.

One or two of these I fked up by giving it too much bloom to early ( I believe ) its all air, large looking buds at a distance but no weight or body, lots of sparklies and should dry in just a few days after cutting lol. but with the volume I smoke it'll disappear quickly or put in my Bubble bags for some sticky stuff.

The single stalk plant is in a 3/4 gallon pot. I believe it to be a Haze/Potion.

100 5153
100 5154b
100 5159
100 5161
100 5166
100 5167
100 5172
100 5174
100 5164
100 5180
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feb 28th I picked up 2 Gorilla Bomb mothers to turn both started last October. It was tight getting 5 ft trees into the back seat of my pickup but where there's a will. I put them into my flower room straight away.

So I had to make room and these few are done so perfect timing. These I pulled today, I had believed them to be Skunk /potion & Haze / Potion but there are more than 2 types growing.

100 5186
100 5189
100 5190
100 5199
100 5202
100 5208a
100 5209
100 5213
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feb 28th I picked up 2 Gorilla Bomb mothers to turn both started last October. It was tight getting 5 ft trees into the back seat of my pickup but where there's a will. I put them into my flower room straight away.

So I had to make room and these few are done so perfect timing. These I pulled today, I had believed them to be Skunk /potion & Haze / Potion but there are more than 2 types growing.
March 10 update. everything green and growing well. I'm moving my clones under the 1000w hps daily for 10 - 11 hrs they seem to be happy, easy to do when they're small but I'll be transplanting into 3 gallon pots soon.
I inherited another 5ft tree, it took a bit of a transport beating but its recovering nicely.

My 2 Gorilla's are nice sized bushes about 10 days into flower.

100 5222
100 5224
100 5225
100 5228
100 5229
100 5218
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 10 update. everything green and growing well. I'm moving my clones under the 1000w hps daily for 10 - 11 hrs they seem to be happy, easy to do when they're small but I'll be transplanting into 3 gallon pots soon.
I inherited another 5ft tree, it took a bit of a transport beating but its recovering nicely.

My 2 Gorilla's are nice sized bushes about 10 days into flower.
March 25th They're still growing well, a nice color. Too big to move around now so only 1 flowering plant to show and babies

100 5242c
100 5243b
100 5244
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 25th They're still growing well, a nice color. Too big to move around now so only 1 flowering plant to show and babies
April 3rd I bought some Pro-Silicate to help my vegging girls and some Dynomyco a mycorrhizal inoculant to boost their root growth. First time for both, it can only help.

I transplanted and pruned my Gorilla clones into 3 gallon pots and added the Mycro's to new soil and roots.

The Girls in flower and progressing nicely. The smell is increasing and they're starting to fill in. Somewhere around the first of May they should be ready to chop then I can put my Gorilla clones in to flower.

I hope we don't get the 95f & 100% humidity in mid June like we did last year. I hope to finish indoor by July 1st ish after that it's too hot and humid. I have some auto seeds I'll get going for June, July & August just to have something green growing.

100 5246
100 5248
100 5249
100 5252
100 5254
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 3rd I bought some Pro-Silicate to help my vegging girls and some Dynomyco a mycorrhizal inoculant to boost their root growth. First time for both, it can only help.

I transplanted and pruned my Gorilla clones into 3 gallon pots and added the Mycro's to new soil and roots.

The Girls in flower and progressing nicely. The smell is increasing and they're starting to fill in. Somewhere around the first of May they should be ready to chop then I can put my Gorilla clones in to flower.

I hope we don't get the 95f & 100% humidity in mid June like we did last year. I hope to finish indoor by July 1st ish after that it's too hot and humid. I have some auto seeds I'll get going for June, July & August just to have something green growing.
April 15 update...7 weeks in flower tomorrow Gorilla's are looking good, nice color, smell & filling in nicely.
Their little ones following along in their footstep, another couple of weeks and they'll get flipped. I've been having some growth issues with a few showing sex too early and the purple stalk issue I thought I had fixed is back even with light feed a few of the leaves on those stalks seem dry and they're yellowing with purple stems. Water Water.

I bought a cheap usb microscope ( Amazon $30Cdn), hoping it would allow my old eyes a better view of the trichomes with no success. I get a much better view of fuzzy tric's that all look cloudy with it lol. My $10 loop gives me a clearer image. This new scope only has 1 focus knob so detailed viewing isn't possible. I just can't dial in clear...close but not close enough to see through the tric's like I was hoping to...pretty pictures though.

100 5269
100 5270
100 5271
100 5272
100 5263
100 5264
Fri Apr 16 14 35 09   Copy
Thumbnail Fri Apr 16 14 39 51   Copy
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lovely flower!
Yes they've turned out nicely...Cool nights 65f and only 74f high .harder to go through the water at that temp though. I have lots of air moving all around the pots but it still takes 6 days to dry enough to feed/water again. I should only go to 5 gal in the the summer and early fall when it'lI be warm enough to go through the water. I keep bitching about the bigger pots having drying problems and I did it to myself with them all in 5 gallons instead of the 3's I usually use. I'm not sure if I'll go to 5 gal again with the clones I have now

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes they've turned out nicely...Cool nights 65f and only 74f high .harder to go through the water at that temp though. I have lots of air moving all around the pots but it still takes 6 days to dry enough to feed/water again. I should only go to 5 gal in the the summer and early fall when it'lI be warm enough to go through the water. I keep bitching about the bigger pots having drying problems and I did it to myself with them all in 5 gallons instead of the 3's I usually use. I'm not sure if I'll go to 5 gal again with the clones I have now

I settled on 3 gallon pots for that reason. Usually 3 days dry for mature flowers in my room.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I see lots here using 7-10 gal and I wonder wtf are they growing indoors that require so much soil. I go through double the nute's in 5 gal over 3 gal and I'm not sure I see a difference in plant size when they're all done.

I didn’t see any gains either. Just more water and nutes. But with another 2 weeks veg time I could get more out of a bigger pot. But I dont have the space.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I didn’t see any gains either. Just more water and nutes. But with another 2 weeks veg time I could get more out of a bigger pot. But I dont have the space.
Yes, with bigger = bigger but is it worth it indoors? Outside with the right temps there looks like no limit to size but the added water indoors creates more humidity issues than I need also.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, with bigger = bigger but is it worth it indoors? Outside with the right temps there looks like no limit to size but the added water indoors creates more humidity issues than I need also.

it depends. If I ran a hotter room with more intense lights I would have to water the 3’s every day for example.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
it depends. If I ran a hotter room with more intense lights I would have to water the 3’s every day for example.
I'm using a 1000w but in my larger room now it doesn't add enough heat like it used to unless my humidifier kicks in to help add some temporary heat. Running my heater just gets too expensive.....they just have to adjust too cooler temps.

Moshmen

Moshmen

April 15 update...7 weeks in flower tomorrow Gorilla's are looking good, nice color, smell & filling in nicely.
Their little ones following along in their footstep, another couple of weeks and they'll get flipped. I've been having some growth issues with a few showing sex too early and the purple stalk issue I thought I had fixed is back even with light feed a few of the leaves on those stalks seem dry and they're yellowing with purple stems. Water Water.

I bought a cheap usb microscope ( Amazon $30Cdn), hoping it would allow my old eyes a better view of the trichomes with no success. I get a much better view of fuzzy tric's that all look cloudy with it lol. My $10 loop gives me a clearer image. This new scope only has 1 focus knob so detailed viewing isn't possible. I just can't dial in clear...close but not close enough to see through the tric's like I was hoping to...pretty pictures though.
Nice work old man! Ya could us young ins a thing or two !
Seriously nice work bro! Making my mouth water

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice work old man! Ya could us young ins a thing or two !
Seriously nice work bro! Making my mouth water
Thanks, it nice having just a few plants to tend. I look at, lift, turn,groom & pay attention too everyday. My last few runs I was overwhelmed and none got adequate attention. I just can't toss out viable seeds or sprouts....gets me into trouble ending up with more than I can handle properly. I need to learn this moderation thing My wife keeps talking about.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, it nice having just a few plants to tend. I look at, lift, turn,groom & pay attention too everyday. My last few runs I was overwhelmed and none got adequate attention. I just can't toss out viable seeds or sprouts....gets me into trouble ending up with more than I can handle properly. I need to learn this moderation thing My wife keeps talking about.
Hey hey mile stone reached today...229.8 lbs...down from 330 lbs one year ago...it's been a struggle to get below 231 I've been hovering there for close to a month..Easter didn't help...

My goal is 200 lbs by August..lots of work yet to go......It's all because of cannabis It helps give me the drive to do the workouts,,without smoking before going into the gym I don't have the drive to workout properly.....I think I'll have a smoke to celebrate 😁😁

Top Bottom