PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
More nodes is looking like some more flowers :)

The Jam/GSC...that is your cross isn't it?...lookin fine
No, it is from a fellow Farmer here though, I traded a pipe for them. He also sent the Jam / White Widow, and a few others I haven't tried yet. I'm looking forward to grow all he sent over the next year.
I have a few strains going now I'd like to clone off in another 3-4 weeks but I'm out of room again I don't know where I can put 24 cuttings. I'd like 2 off each plant before I flip them so when I can cull out the males and still be left enough for a good harvest.

Funny how that goes though. I started with 12 mix sex seedlings I hope for at least 6 fems I'll need 24 cuttings to assure enough will root and I have some fems. that means I'll have 36 plus plants in veg just to be assured of 6 fems now+ at least 6 more for the next run. in my perfect world I'd like 9 - two month old vegged plants going into flower. They fit nicely under my light 3 abreast in 5 gallon pots...lol I don't have enough space to veg that many full sized plants but in my perfect world I would / will lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

No, it is from a fellow Farmer here though, I traded a pipe for them. He also sent the Jam / White Widow, and a few others I haven't tried yet. I'm looking forward to grow all he sent over the next year.
I have a few strains going now I'd like to clone off in another 3-4 weeks but I'm out of room again I don't know where I can put 24 cuttings. I'd like 2 off each plant before I flip them so when I can cull out the males and still be left enough for a good harvest.

Funny how that goes though. I started with 12 mix sex seedlings I hope for at least 6 fems I'll need 24 cuttings to assure enough will root and I have some fems. that means I'll have 36 plus plants in veg just to be assured of 6 fems now+ at least 6 more for the next run. in my perfect world I'd like 9 - two month old vegged plants going into flower. They fit nicely under my light 3 abreast in 5 gallon pots...lol I don't have enough space to veg that many full sized plants but in my perfect world I would / will lol

Ok I knew there was some affiliation there with the seeds...I have the CRS lol

Maybe you could take cuts of the fems after they show...veg them and then you know you have fems for next etc etc...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok I knew there was some affiliation there with the seeds...I have the CRS lol

Maybe you could take cuts of the fems after they show...veg them and then you know you have fems for next etc etc...
I have had better success with clones I cut before they flip. I don't know why but I've tried in the past and they all didn't root well. I kinda gave up on it. Although I have more success now with my cuttings maybe I could giver a try again, that would sure save me some space......Okay....I'm talked into it.......Good talk......lol.........Thanks I needed that....
😁😁

sportyridr

sportyridr

I have had better success with clones I cut before they flip. I don't know why but I've tried in the past and they all didn't root well. I kinda gave up on it. Although I have more success now with my cuttings maybe I could giver a try again, that would sure save me some space......Okay....I'm talked into it.......Good talk......lol.........Thanks I needed that....
😁😁

I've done it both ways, 6 of one, half dozen of the other it seems...haha...just trying to get through that paragraph about all the cuttings you need had me going....hmmmm...If it doesn't work out, you never heard it from me 🤣 🤣 good luck with em...👍👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
😁😁
I've had a better look at the Bubble Bomb with all of the branches coming off 1 node but it looks like it started one node earlier and both have multiple branches....This could be one nice girl if I veg her long enough to develop all her shoots. They're about 5 weeks from cuttings so I'm happy with the growth. and size.....another 3 weeks + they should look good enough to flip.

100 6031
100 6032
100 6033
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've had a better look at the Bubble Bomb with all of the branches coming off 1 node but it looks like it started one node earlier and both have multiple branches....This could be one nice girl if I veg her long enough to develop all her shoots. They're about 5 weeks from cuttings so I'm happy with the growth. and size.....another 3 weeks + they should look good enough to flip.

100 6040
100 6045
100 6046
100 6051
100 6053
100 6048
100 6055
100 6056
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I got violent with my 4 Bubble Bomb clones today, broke a couple of necks ( duct tape repaired ) bent a few stalks, tied a few branches down & clipped a few leaves off. I'm going to keep 3 in veg until my flowering plants are done...another 2-3 weeks. I have room to move 1 into flower as soon as they recover from my assault, maybe a week.

100 6073
100 6074
100 6075
100 6077
Moshmen

Moshmen

I got violent with my 4 Bubble Bomb clones today, broke a couple of necks ( duct tape repaired ) bent a few stalks, tied a few branches down & clipped a few leaves off. I'm going to keep 3 in veg until my flowering plants are done...another 2-3 weeks. I have room to move 1 into flower as soon as they recover from my assault, maybe a week.
Violence is never the answer! Lmao - good start up there !

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Violence is never the answer! Lmao - good start up there !
They are up and perky this morning, I had to make a couple of supports for a couple of branches I over bent but they are up off their crutches and spread out nicely.

While you are here Mosh how close can I get my sf1000 light to the plant without burning her? Its recommended 18" but that isn't powerful enough for flowering. I have it at 100% - 18" away and I get about 18,000 lux at the top....5,000 on lower leaves. The only way I can increase it is to lower the light but that just scares me a bit not being familiar with these lights.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think I've completely convinced myself to stay away from 5 gallon pots. Too much dirt,water & nutes. It creates problems with so much moisture & I'm getting sick of bottling, storing & packing water. With 3 gallon pots its half the work,nutes & dirt. I have some 4 gallon pots I may use with 2 month + veg times but any less veg time than that 3 gal is plenty. My plants are a bit smaller in 3 gal but they're not double the size in 5 yet I need almost double the nutes & water.. I was thinking bigger is better but I was reading an old post yesterday by MiMed & he was all about the 3 gallon pots being his top choice as well. I had only ever used 3 gallon pots until I came here and saw the monsters people were growing.....but I think it has more to do with skills than pot size.

kuwl

kuwl

I think I've completely convinced myself to stay away from 5 gallon pots. Too much dirt,water & nutes. It creates problems with so much moisture & I'm getting sick of bottling, storing & packing water. With 3 gallon pots its half the work,nutes & dirt. I have some 4 gallon pots I may use with 2 month + veg times but any less veg time than that 3 gal is plenty. My plants are a bit smaller in 3 gal but they're not double the size in 5 yet I need almost double the nutes & water.. I was thinking bigger is better but I was reading an old post yesterday by MiMed & he was all about the 3 gallon pots being his top choice as well. I had only ever used 3 gallon pots until I came here and saw the monsters people were growing.....but I think it has more to do with skills than pot size.
I use what I think are 2.5 gal pails and used to use 5 gal cloth pots also and you are correct about the watering/nuites. They do grow taller tho.
I switched to the smaller pails because of what MiMed said lol but I have 2 plants in these blue pots that are smaller at the bottom and wider at the top.
I got them at the $ store and I think they were baskets or something lol but these blue pots in the back of my tent always grew a bigger plant the the regular
pails that I have now yet they are about the same 2.5 gal.

Moshmen

Moshmen

They are up and perky this morning, I had to make a couple of supports for a couple of branches I over bent but they are up off their crutches and spread out nicely.

While you are here Mosh how close can I get my sf1000 light to the plant without burning her? Its recommended 18" but that isn't powerful enough for flowering. I have it at 100% - 18" away and I get about 18,000 lux at the top....5,000 on lower leaves. The only way I can increase it is to lower the light but that just scares me a bit not being familiar with these lights.
I’ve had mine as close 8” lol but she got a little warm

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use what I think are 2.5 gal pails and used to use 5 gal cloth pots also and you are correct about the watering/nuites. They do grow taller tho.
I switched to the smaller pails because of what MiMed said lol but I have 2 plants in these blue pots that are smaller at the bottom and wider at the top.
I got them at the $ store and I think they were baskets or something lol but these blue pots in the back of my tent always grew a bigger plant the the regular
pails that I have now yet they are about the same 2.5 gal.
What got to me today was watering and feeding 10 plants in 4 & 5 gallon pots and 1 in a 3 gallon....almost 20 gallons of water...I ran out of all of my gallon jugs. It doesn't usually time it self like that but some how all the planets aliened and everything in big pots needed liquid at once. How the fk am I supposed to keep the humidity down with all that moisture. Plus all of my plants in 1 gallon pots?.....I think I need a bigger boat....its getting tropical down there.....basement .indoors......outside not so much...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What got to me today was watering and feeding 10 plants in 4 & 5 gallon pots and 1 in a 3 gallon....almost 20 gallons of water...I ran out of all of my gallon jugs. It doesn't usually time it self like that but some how all the planets aliened and everything in big pots needed liquid at once. How the fk am I supposed to keep the humidity down with all that moisture. Plus all of my plants in 1 gallon pots?.....I think I need a bigger boat....its getting tropical down there.....basement .indoors......outside not so much...
Oct 23....I decided I have room in my flower room to move 2 of my Bubble Bomb clones in next to their mothers. That will free up some veg space so I can add some clones. I want a few more Bubble Bomb just to be assured of enough fems in my next run. Then I want to clone a few of the others once sexed.

My basement from left to right
sf1000...Bubble Bomb
Veg closet one
Seedling box
Bubble Bomb 1 going to flower room
BB 2. .." " "
2 Bubble Bombs I'll keep vegging until I have more space
Flower room with both BB in the center under the lamp.

100 6085
100 6086
100 6087
100 6089
100 6090
100 6092
100 6093
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oct 23....I decided I have room in my flower room to move 2 of my Bubble Bomb clones in next to their mothers. That will free up some veg space so I can add some clones. I want a few more Bubble Bomb just to be assured of enough fems in my next run. Then I want to clone a few of the others once sexed.

My basement from left to right
sf1000...Bubble Bomb
Veg closet one
Seedling box
Bubble Bomb 1 going to flower room
BB 2. .." " "
2 Bubble Bombs I'll keep vegging until I have more space
Flower room with both BB in the center under the lamp.
Oct 26 not much to update other than flies....I got me some Gnats in my small pots I had in my seedling box...No fan in there to move the air just an intake and exhaust fans. I scraped off the top inch of soil and moved them in with the rest of my vegging plants where I have 2 fans sticky tape plus intake & exhaust. If I don't get rid of them soon I'll get some Diatomaceous earth I've been seeing on here as being a good cure for them

100 6099
100 6100
100 6102
100 6105
100 6107
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oct 26 not much to update other than flies....I got me some Gnats in my small pots I had in my seedling box...No fan in there to move the air just an intake and exhaust fans. I scraped off the top inch of soil and moved them in with the rest of my vegging plants where I have 2 fans sticky tape plus intake & exhaust. If I don't get rid of them soon I'll get some Diatomaceous earth I've been seeing on here as being a good cure for them
I pulled one of my Auto Jam/Girl Scout Cookies out for pics at 7 weeks in flower.

100 6118
100 6121
100 6122
100 6125
100 6126
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
ARRRRG I'm out of my own supply.. I just placed an online order for an oz of Death Reaper...$99, it should be here within the hour...Not bad for out in the country deliveryView attachment 1183552
Nov 2 The Death Reaper is pretty good, it's not as advertised calling it a couch lock high and don't plan on working afterwards take only in the evening....It works great for me at the gym and for chess, I did noticed a couple extra incidents of Short term memory loss. Man I'm getting bad with it....We're going though a drive in for coffee my wife says we're just about out of coffee at home, we can get some across the street. I say Okay we get our coffee and I'm driving down the road and my wife says coffee I say sure....she says the store........fk we're going the wrong way now.....why didn't you say something be....... and as the words came out of my mouth I remembered our conversation in the drive through.......fkkk....I'm only 69...lol

I used a different mode on my camera for pics with my hps on and they came out much better than before...I'm not able to move them very easily so this is as good as it gets until I chop them....

I did my first scrog under the new Se3000 This Bubble Bomb is doing very well under this light.

My veg closet
My LED light Bubble Bomb week into flower
My jungle
Jamaican / Girl Scouts Cookies 7.5 weeks flower
Bubble Bomb...7.5 weeks flower

100 6143
100 6141
100 6152
100 6145
100 6146
100 6148

Latest posts