PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Jan 20....I've made the led space a bit warmer now.. The heater only does so much in a large space so I enclosed the space better, put a door on it and put feet on a panel to lift it 6". I may use some tarp and tent up the top to keep the heat down....

I'll just get it all the way I want it and it'll have to break it down to accommodate my vegging plants....There is no way this light will cover the 6-7-8 I'll have ready to go into flower in 6 - 8 weeks

2 Jam/Purple Haze 3 - 4 weeks in flower
2 GSC...1 GG#4.....1 Gelato...1 PlatinumOG
1 fem J/PH clone ...1 fem Interstate Dragon clone
3 unsexed Tangie99...
1 unsexed Tangie99
1 Bubble Bomb clone....6 weeks old
I was thinking of buying a new home when this came onto the market...a bit out of my range but If you're going to go big.....I want...$35,000,000....

Not really looking but I'm sold..

sportyridr

sportyridr

Jan 20....I've made the led space a bit warmer now.. The heater only does so much in a large space so I enclosed the space better, put a door on it and put feet on a panel to lift it 6". I may use some tarp and tent up the top to keep the heat down....

I'll just get it all the way I want it and it'll have to break it down to accommodate my vegging plants....There is no way this light will cover the 6-7-8 I'll have ready to go into flower in 6 - 8 weeks

2 Jam/Purple Haze 3 - 4 weeks in flower
2 GSC...1 GG#4.....1 Gelato...1 PlatinumOG
1 fem J/PH clone ...1 fem Interstate Dragon clone
3 unsexed Tangie99...
1 unsexed Tangie99
1 Bubble Bomb clone....6 weeks old

woo...all them plants will keep ya busy these winter months...ya gotta do what ya gotta do, trying to keep mine above 62* during lights off

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
woo...all them plants will keep ya busy these winter months...ya gotta do what ya gotta do, trying to keep mine above 62* during lights off
Our furnace is set warm now with the plants needs I have it at set @ 68f overnight I'd have it at 65* if not for the girls....The little 7 fin oil heater I just got heats up the space the plants are in a almost 10 degrees 76* now from 66* ( its cool in that corner with my blackout curtains dividing the basement off ) I'll have to enclose it even more if we get another real cold snap....I have a plan with some tarp I can tent it up and contain the heat...glue gun, staples, tarp..lol...

Rooke

Rooke

Our furnace is set warm now with the plants needs I have it at set @ 68f overnight I'd have it at 65* if not for the girls....The little 7 fin oil heater I just got heats up the space the plants are in a almost 10 degrees 76* now from 66* ( its cool in that corner with my blackout curtains dividing the basement off ) I'll have to enclose it even more if we get another real cold snap....I have a plan with some tarp I can tent it up and contain the heat...glue gun, staples, tarp..lol...
Heya pipe carver good move picking up the oil filled heater I’ve used them lots over the years at work just to keep the chill off electronics in small spaces they are pretty reliable some have lasted 10 years plus!!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Heya pipe carver good move picking up the oil filled heater I’ve used them lots over the years at work just to keep the chill off electronics in small spaces they are pretty reliable some have lasted 10 years plus!!!
Jan 26 The SE 3000 is working great. one of the Jam/ Purple Haze is going to be smaller than the other. I noticed it at 3 weeks in flower that for their was more separation between the nodes and smaller buds were forming.

I've managed to get the heat steady at 76f with lights on...not as high as I'd ultimately like but livable and have the humidity up to 50% lights on. I shut my humidifier & heater off 15 min after lights out. When I open it up in the morning I'm at 40% & 68f.

My veg room is going fine with temps and humidity more controllable 65% @ 26C / 78f. I installed 2 blue 6500k lights in my 6 pack t5 fixture....but now I see I only have 4 of the 6 working.....I'll have to open it uo to see what kind of ballast or ballasts it has...fkin replacements are $50 - $100 with a new fixture $165....always something.

I bought a new fan a 6" fan that doesn't fit any of my ducting of course. I bought an after market controller to slow it down, on at full speed is a bit much. Now I need a 6"-4" reducing duct $15...a 4" "y" connector. $30, so I can run intake into 2 rooms & 25' of 4" flexible duct $25.....If this works out I'll do the same thing for exhaust....My bathroom fans after 2-3 years running 24/7 are starting to rattle...the telltale sign of bearings on the way out.

I've mad a bit more progress on a Clone bubbler....I had it up and running with a small aquarium pump and I wasn't happy with the bubbles. it was just a fizz on the top of the water...I want BUBBLES so back to Amazon for a larger pump.

100 6662
100 6664
100 6666
100 6668
100 6669
100 6670
100 6671
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Nice grow setup, really like how healthy your plants are when they're ready to cut. That's hard to do and you do it pretty consistently!

I can't tell, is your flower room still HPS or did you switch to LEDs? Edit: nevermind it looks like HPS still, found a more clear pic. Ever think about switching to LED for the flower room?

Thanks for the likes on my thread.

kuwl

kuwl

Jan 26 The SE 3000 is working great. one of the Jam/ Purple Haze is going to be smaller than the other. I noticed it at 3 weeks in flower that for their was more separation between the nodes and smaller buds were forming.

I've managed to get the heat steady at 76f with lights on...not as high as I'd ultimately like but livable and have the humidity up to 50% lights on. I shut my humidifier & heater off 15 min after lights out. When I open it up in the morning I'm at 40% & 68f.

My veg room is going fine with temps and humidity more controllable 65% @ 26C / 78f. I installed 2 blue 6500k lights in my 6 pack t5 fixture....but now I see I only have 4 of the 6 working.....I'll have to open it uo to see what kind of ballast or ballasts it has...fkin replacements are $50 - $100 with a new fixture $165....always something.

I bought a new fan a 6" fan that doesn't fit any of my ducting of course. I bought an after market controller to slow it down, on at full speed is a bit much. Now I need a 6"-4" reducing duct $15...a 4" "y" connector. $30, so I can run intake into 2 rooms & 25' of 4" flexible duct $25.....If this works out I'll do the same thing for exhaust....My bathroom fans after 2-3 years running 24/7 are starting to rattle...the telltale sign of bearings on the way out.

I've mad a bit more progress on a Clone bubbler....I had it up and running with a small aquarium pump and I wasn't happy with the bubbles. it was just a fizz on the top of the water...I want BUBBLES so back to Amazon for a larger pump. View attachment 1210634
Plants look great love those colas you gonna have some good smokin ahead
Even your small ones look good, mine got a peter pan complex and don't wanna grow up lol

Your bubbler is nicer than mine I got a small 10 gal pump just to try out the method
but I must be doing something wrong as they not doing well at all.
I really like that bigger pump too!

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I've been lurking on the edges here for a while but I guess it's time I jumped in. Now that we're allowed to grow 4 plants, that's how many I'll be growing and trying to grow perpetually it's going to be a bitch to stay within those rules. I've been growing for years (I'm 67) with limited success, lots of issues, a lot of which I can contribute to a term I read here couch locked and no where I could get help openly when issues did arrive. I even avoided places like this with my not going to track me paranoia.

Okay on with the diary. I'm having a rough start to this next grow, I've had multiple seedling failures. I have a bunch of seeds from a few hermied Bubba Kushes I grew & 2 Cherry Bomb seeds I already had. I germinated the 2 Cherry Bomb and 6 BBK both CB & 4 BBK cracked I planted them when long enough in Pro mix (as per usual) both CB sprouted up but only BBK popped though and the others just sat there and eventually died as did 1 CB and the other BBK for some fkn reason. Okay I have more seeds I germinated 10 planted 4 none came up WTF now? So here I am with 1 Cherry Bomb plant growing nicely (pics coming) and no sisters to grow with her. I'm going for some Spring water like the seed companies recommend, I've been using my well water for years with no problems but WTFK's but I'll try some fancy store bought water I guess.

My last grow is just finishing off with great success ( for me any ways) I grew 2 Cherry Bomb,1 Bubba Kush and 3 mystery girls I got from seeds a friend from the west coast sent me, I've been calling Galiano candy popcorn but fk it I now proclaim it to be Galiano Candy lol like anybody cares.

The pics that follow are
1. Back door entrance into my den
2.From the door down into 15'x10' room with a 5'x6' work space / storage at the bottom of the steps. I only have 5' below the lights though. A room for short people, you'd be banging your head, with duct work its down below 5' in some areas of this room but it's up around the back and out of the way.
3. Flower room door open
4. Flower room 1000 watt hps
5.Veg room closed with plant calanders
6. Galiano Candy @ 5 weeks of flower
7. Close up of GC nice bud @ 5 weeks
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9 Galiano Candy week 8
10 Cherry Bomb and Galiano Candy
11.Bubba Kush week 8
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9.Galiano Candy week 8
10 .Bubba Kush 7 weeks
11. Galiano Candy
I like the lighthouse flag

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice grow setup, really like how healthy your plants are when they're ready to cut. That's hard to do and you do it pretty consistently!

I can't tell, is your flower room still HPS or did you switch to LEDs? Edit: nevermind it looks like HPS still, found a more clear pic. Ever think about switching to LED for the flower room?

Thanks for the likes on my thread.
I'd like to go with the led only but it doesn't cover the space like my 1000w hps. I was sponsored the led from Spiderfarmer otherwise I'd still be only t5's for veg and hps to flower. I can get 9 nice sized girls under the hps but only 2 under the led. Now if they'd sponsor me for their new SE1000 I'd drop the hps altogether,

When these 2 J/PH are done I have another Bubble Bomb ready to go and I think right now I'll but it back in the closet and scrog it under led. I really like the harder & thicker buds I got on the last run & I don't get under the hps. It won't have the coverage I'll need on my next run so back to the hps

sportyridr

sportyridr

I've mad a bit more progress on a Clone bubbler....I had it up and running with a small aquarium pump and I wasn't happy with the bubbles. it was just a fizz on the top of the water...I want BUBBLES so back to Amazon for a larger pump. View attachment 1210634

Nice!

Your hard work down there has the place hopping. Plants and the space looking real good PC.

Surely you'll put some roots on you clones with that baby, bubbles bubbles everywhere....I just had some success cloning using aloe on a cut in 8 days.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice!

Your hard work down there has the place hopping. Plants and the space looking real good PC.

Surely you'll put some roots on you clones with that baby, bubbles bubbles everywhere....I just had some success cloning using aloe on a cut in 8 days.
Jan 27. We went out today to get supplies and of course they don't have what their web site says they do in store. So a mismatch of ducting. I needed a 6" - 4" reducing duct a 4"x 4" x 4" Y duct and 4" flexible duct to go with my new intake fan. I was able to mismatch what I need with a metal reducing air duct a plastic plumbing 4x4x4 Y pipe & 20ft of white plastic flex duct,. Nothing fits together nicely, when I got it home...6" fan is 5.5", the Y being plastic to metal is going to require DUCT tape wraps & the white plastic flex duct will require black garbage bags to prevent light shining through.

When we got home an Amazon delivery of my air pump & the fan speed controller. I immediately headed into my shop to put together the bubble cloner......The pump is great...noisy as fk I'll have to build a small cover to sound proof but it gives me the required air bubbles. Now to nicely fit everything in the tub....I'm thinking hot glue to hold the air stones and lines in place otherwise they float and move around in the water.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, but are you sure you're on the right page? 😍 I wasn't sure it would work, I scuffed up the surface and put a blob in the center, holds well. I mounted the splitter on a separate piece to pull it off the sides, cut the hoses to size and fired it up...It works. Now the cuttings ....when I have space. Where would I be without hot glue & duct tape? lol

I put the fan and pieces together, dam I like duct tape...I had to put about 20 wraps around the fan to build it up enough to secure the reducer, then a wrap or 2 to attach. The same at the 90* bend 20+ wraps to build the 90 up to attach the plastic plumbing Y...You don't see the 15ft of duct tape it took to make this work.....it reminded me of my old hockey stick taping days building a nob on the end of a new stick.

Then I attached the dimmer to the fan...more hot glue. with a razor blade I sliced through the wire 6 " along the extension cord close to the fan. I pulled back the insulation and exposed the black wire. I cut it in half & stripped both ends. I then attached the 2 leads off the dimmer to 2 wires, I used a crimping tool and connectors rather than wire nuts because of the fans vibrations. I taped it up & tucked it into the frame and hot glued it in place.

100 6673
100 6674
100 6675
100 6676
100 6677
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, but are you sure you're on the right page? 😍 I wasn't sure it would work, I scuffed up the surface and put a blob in the center, holds well. I mounted the splitter on a separate piece to pull it off the sides, cut the hoses to size and fired it up...It works. Now the cuttings ....when I have space. Where would I be without hot glue & duct tape? lol

I put the fan and pieces together, dam I like duct tape...I had to put about 20 wraps around the fan to build it up enough to secure the reducer, then a wrap or 2 to attach. The same at the 90* bend 20+ wraps to build the 90 up to attach the plastic plumbing Y...You don't see the 15ft of duct tape it took to make this work.....it reminded me of my old hockey stick taping days building a nob on the end of a new stick.

Then I attached the dimmer to the fan...more hot glue. with a razor blade I sliced through the wire 6 " along the extension cord close to the fan. I pulled back the insulation and exposed the black wire. I cut it in half & stripped both ends. I then attached the 2 leads off the dimmer to 2 wires, I used a crimping tool and connectors rather than wire nuts because of the fans vibrations. I taped it up & tucked it into the frame and hot glued it in place.
Jan 29 Blizzard day...No excuse not to clean up my work shop/grow room today. As long as the power stays on I can spend the day in my shop doing things made for days like these....

100 6679
rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

I know its more expensive, but I think youre supposed to use thermal tape on ducts, not duct tape. Duct tape is not actually designed for ducts lol. Thermal tape is that aluminum foil tape thats like 10 or 20$ a roll.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Noice......should I head to shovel?
Oh she's going to be a rough shovel this one,,,,,foot of blowing snow = 3- 4ft in some spots on top of six inches of rock solid ice snow and frozen piles from the last snow & later on freezing freezing rain and 80 mph winds....and we are the lucky ones here fk...some are getting double or more of everything.....we're in the sunshine belt on the Atlantic Coast.

Top Bottom