PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Feb 2 I added a heat lamp to my vegging room it was just too cold 23C lights on...with the heat lamp It gets to 27C with doors closed.....drops way down as soon as I open the door.

I was down in my room on the computer and the door opens...my wife says furnace guys coming...be here in 10 minutes.......😯😯.......I got some work to do.....I had cleaned up but not for a stranger coming in.....Quick stealth action required, I had a dozen pots full of old soil sitting neatly with a stalk sticking out of each of them. quick move and toss old carpet over them.....nutrients tools watering jugs...into drying room close the door. new bubbler needs stashing, Roaches rolling papers & shit off my desk.....Paranoid much??........Stranger Danger has been my motto for years and in my grow room?....

He was only a kid..not more than knee high 22 - 23 clean cut right out of school he looked like, never even glanced around the room. Straight to the furnace and eyes on it most of the time....light chatter between us, cleaned the furnace and walked out...about an hours work with clean up...$153 + $25 tax ...WTF

Okay pics are.......
New heat lamp
Bubble Bomb climbing the wall and 3 Tangie 99.....I think the big one at back is male
stunted from the cold but recovering 2 - GSC...1 PlatOG 1 GG#4.. 1 Gelato
Jam/PH fem clone..Interstate dragon fem clone
2 Flowering Jamaican Purple Haze cross @ 6 weeks in flower
Had an inspection done "suddenly" while living w my brother........code idk ...told them my grow tent was a fishing shanty being set up to ensure there was no damage.....beaut of a move carver

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sweet to have all those beautiful plants in flower, they look so good.
Since I can smell them from here did the furnace guy get a whif? 😅

How big are those veg pots and how big are the pots in the flower room? just curious.
No the furnace guy smelled like oil, I doubt he could smell anything. His clothes,tool,vacuum all oil smelling so I didn't have to worry about it....The blackout curtain looks a bit suspicious but it really contains the smell. Step through it it's a pungent aroma but on the other side / workshop side, its not too bad and with all the oil smell...

I'm only going to use 3 gallon pots unless I veg for over 2 months,,,I have a couple different sizes in there 3/4 gallon are the dark green 1/2 gal yellow & 3 gallon / black & ice cream buckets are 3 gallon. ,,,,I like 3 gallon because of feeding & watering they get 1 gallon of liquid. That gives me runoff and they take 3-4 days to dry.....the bigger pots take 1.5 gallons or more of feed / water and take 5-6 days to dry so it fks with a nice watering/ feed weekly schedule . I might go 10 - 11 days between feeding in large pots...too long so I'm back down to 3 gal from 5....but this big Bubble Bomb won't be turned for another month so I'll have to put it in a 5 gallon pot soon.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Feb 2 I added a heat lamp to my vegging room it was just too cold 23C lights on...with the heat lamp It gets to 27C with doors closed.....drops way down as soon as I open the door.

I was down in my room on the computer and the door opens...my wife says furnace guys coming...be here in 10 minutes.......😯😯.......I got some work to do.....I had cleaned up but not for a stranger coming in.....Quick stealth action required, I had a dozen pots full of old soil sitting neatly with a stalk sticking out of each of them. quick move and toss old carpet over them.....nutrients tools watering jugs...into drying room close the door. new bubbler needs stashing, Roaches rolling papers & shit off my desk.....Paranoid much??........Stranger Danger has been my motto for years and in my grow room?....

He was only a kid..not more than knee high 22 - 23 clean cut right out of school he looked like, never even glanced around the room. Straight to the furnace and eyes on it most of the time....light chatter between us, cleaned the furnace and walked out...about an hours work with clean up...$153 + $25 tax ...WTF

Okay pics are.......
New heat lamp
Bubble Bomb climbing the wall and 3 Tangie 99.....I think the big one at back is male
stunted from the cold but recovering 2 - GSC...1 PlatOG 1 GG#4.. 1 Gelato
Jam/PH fem clone..Interstate dragon fem clone
2 Flowering Jamaican Purple Haze cross @ 6 weeks in flower

Those Jamaican Haze look dandy man...what kind of effect does that strain have?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Those Jamaican Haze look dandy man...what kind of effect does that strain have?
No idea, its a first for me, I have a problem with different types of weed. I don't get the intricacy's of different smoke. Its either good or not so good.....all this head stone body stone, mellow, couch lock...all terms that mean zippo to me....I either get the buzz or I need more weed or better weed. 2 types of weed for me good and crap...now lots of different tastes and smoothness in smoke I get that but does Budwieser give you a different buzz than say Coors? or scotch to vodka? Maybe I've burned my ability to distinguish gland out?...lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

No idea, its a first for me, I have a problem with different types of weed. I don't get the intricacy's of different smoke. Its either good or not so good.....all this head stone body stone, mellow, couch lock...all terms that mean zippo to me....I either get the buzz or I need more weed or better weed. 2 types of weed for me good and crap...now lots of different tastes and smoothness in smoke I get that but does Budwieser give you a different buzz than say Coors? or scotch to vodka? Maybe I've burned my ability to distinguish gland out?...lol

okey dokey...really just wondered if it was Up weed or down/chill weed as it sounds like a winner 🤔 😎

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
okey dokey...really just wondered if it was Up weed or down/chill weed as it sounds like a winner 🤔 😎
I did grow 1 as these are clones off it ( edit lie.bad memory ) these I Identified & rev-egegged for another month ) but it was a single stalk 3 week veg plant. I have it jarred but I've not tried it yet. I'm not sure I've ever had a Haze and I've read some here think the original Haze was some of the best smoke ever. ...I guess I'll find out in a month or so....

These smell good and under the led they should be hard and much better than the lose plant jarred up. I'm originally a west coast boy and from what I've read talks about an east coast haze. So new to me.

I really need to work on a better drying room, my last grow dried in 5 days.. 68f @ 40% .way too fast some of the bud turned to powder when trying to roll. I've added moisture back to it and its good to smoke but a lot of dust on the bottom of the jars. 62f @62% is hard to achieve for a 2 week dry with good air flow.....best I've been able to do is about 10 days drying in the spring April May ..ish....

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just a sidenote. I put some bud in Grove bags in late October. Checked it today and still right at 60%. Maybe the damn things do work! I agree with you PC, I am an old fart that either gets stoned or I don’t! Certainly not a connoisseur! Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I did grow 1 as these are clones off it ( edit lie.bad memory ) these I Identified & rev-egegged for another month ) but it was a single stalk 3 week veg plant. I have it jarred but I've not tried it yet. I'm not sure I've ever had a Haze and I've read some here think the original Haze was some of the best smoke ever. ...I guess I'll find out in a month or so....

These smell good and under the led they should be hard and much better than the lose plant jarred up. I'm originally a west coast boy and from what I've read talks about an east coast haze. So new to me.

I really need to work on a better drying room, my last grow dried in 5 days.. 68f @ 40% .way too fast some of the bud turned to powder when trying to roll. I've added moisture back to it and its good to smoke but a lot of dust on the bottom of the jars. 62f @62% is hard to achieve for a 2 week dry with good air flow.....best I've been able to do is about 10 days drying in the spring April May ..ish....
Feb 8 I wasn't getting the heat up enough the way it was so I bought some fabric to enclose this new area I'm in...It works like a charm..Spent too much for the stuff. I saw a sign $9.97/sq/meter.25% off so I bought 3 Meters, $9.97 was the 25% off reg $12.97. I wanted the cheap stuff not $35.97 worth after tax.....Oh well if works at least.

I built the bubbler & lid then I made a box to contain the pump & control the noise. After reading the pumps manual I see that it needs to be above the water line of the bubbler. That put my design off a bit. I'd intended to put the pump underneath the bubbler. So new shelf in a new location to fit it all together.

I started 4 more seeds because I've fked the last batch. somehow. 1 more of each GG#4,Plat/OG, GSC & Gelato....all cracking the surface GG has vaulted to the lead.

100 6707
100 6709
100 6710
100 6711
100 6712
100 6713
100 6714
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feb 8 I wasn't getting the heat up enough the way it was so I bought some fabric to enclose this new area I'm in...It works like a charm..Spent too much for the stuff. I saw a sign $9.97/sq/meter.25% off so I bought 3 Meters, $9.97 was the 25% off reg $12.97. I wanted the cheap stuff not $35.97 worth after tax.....Oh well if works at least.

I built the bubbler & lid then I made a box to contain the pump & control the noise. After reading the pumps manual I see that it needs to be above the water line of the bubbler. That put my design off a bit. I'd intended to put the pump underneath the bubbler. So new shelf in a new location to fit it all together.

I started 4 more seeds because I've fked the last batch. somehow. 1 more of each GG#4,Plat/OG, GSC & Gelato....all cracking the surface GG has vaulted to the lead.
Just a little cooking with coconut oil in the chocolate only, my wife's bed time med & I made some cinnimon rolls while I was at it.

100 6717
100 6718
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Choc. fudge?...post the reesippee if it is 😊 👍
I just cook decarbed pot for 1+ hrs in coconut oil in a double boiler ...squeeze it all out through a strainer and cheese cloth into a separate bowl. Once strained I put it back clean in the double boiler and add 1 pk of chocolate chips...mixes in in minutes.....pour out into pie dish and put in the fridge....in 2-3 hrs its hard like a chocolate bar...I sometimes add raisins and/ or granola, nuts to make a bar...Last night I just used 1 bag dark choc.chips........The amount of pot you have determines how much coconut oil you need . you need just enough to have the pot submerged and swimming not resting on the bottom....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I just cook decarbed pot for 1+ hrs in coconut oil in a double boiler ...squeeze it all out through a strainer and cheese cloth into a separate bowl. Once strained I put it back clean in the double boiler and add 1 pk of chocolate chips...mixes in in minutes.....pour out into pie dish and put in the fridge....in 2-3 hrs its hard like a chocolate bar...I sometimes add raisins and/ or granola, nuts to make a bar...Last night I just used 1 bag dark choc.chips........The amount of pot you have determines how much coconut oil you need . you need just enough to have the pot submerged and swimming not resting on the bottom....
Feb 11, the packages I was waiting for arrived today, The Clonex & on/off switch for the air pump. I've mounted the switch hooked up the airline's and put it all together in my new cloning station.

I got ripped again buying fabric...they see me coming....Male in a fem operation, they know I'm lost and they take advantage of me every time I walk in there. Oh well. I have a new white blackout curtain to contain my new station....I can't have lose light floating around, you never know where it might poke through to and all spaces need to be light proof at some point in the day

With the dome on and no plants it got to 80% RH, the video from Ezclone said they don't use a dome on purpose because of the humidity created so close to the plants is enough and a dome is too much....Not sure but I may cut a few holes in the dome and see if I can stabilize it around 65% before giving up on it.

No time tonight to get the cuttings done but tomorrow is the day to get them started. I read the warning label on the Clonex...Wow some nasty shit.....It says if it comes in contact with your skin to rinse thoroughly 5 - 10 min AND contact your poison control center.....yikes I'm a bit of a sloppy handler of small things....if this is my last posting you'll know I got the shit all over me and there was no resuscitation. L ,,,,, O,,,,,,,L .......

100 6719
100 6720
kuwl

kuwl

Feb 11, the packages I was waiting for arrived today, The Clonex & on/off switch for the air pump. I've mounted the switch hooked up the airline's and put it all together in my new cloning station.

I got ripped again buying fabric...they see me coming....Male in a fem operation, they know I'm lost and they take advantage of me every time I walk in there. Oh well. I have a new white blackout curtain to contain my new station....I can't have lose light floating around, you never know where it might poke through to and all spaces need to be light proof at some point in the day

With the dome on and no plants it got to 80% RH, the video from Ezclone said they don't use a dome on purpose because of the humidity created so close to the plants is enough and a dome is too much....Not sure but I may cut a few holes in the dome and see if I can stabilize it around 65% before giving up on it.

No time tonight to get the cuttings done but tomorrow is the day to get them started. I read the warning label on the Clonex...Wow some nasty shit.....It says if it comes in contact with your skin to rinse thoroughly 5 - 10 min AND contact your poison control center.....yikes I'm a bit of a sloppy handler of small things....if this is my last posting you'll know I got the shit all over me and there was no resuscitation. L ,,,,, O,,,,,,,L .......
Thanks for the warning I never read it lol dam lucky I was carefull useing it.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Well that's easy enough...I'm gonna do something like that

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well that's easy enough...I'm gonna do something like that
Feb 12 I finely got around to taking cuttings for my bubbler. 5 Bubble Bomb & 4 Jam / Purple Haze. everything is running well. The humidity was down to 47% without the dome on it and although its recommended not to use a dome 47% is too low so I burned a few more holes in the dome and put it on. After an hour it was at 80%...too fkin high so I lifted it up on pads a nd got it down to 70%......I can live with that tonight I'll fiddle with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to hold at 65%....more holes

After taking the cuttings it was transplant time, the Bubble Bomb was in a 3 gal but its been vegging 8 weeks already so into a 5 gallon. The rest I put in 3 gallon fabric pots....First time with them, I'll have to see how they compare to my good ole plastic ice cream pots.

I sprouted 4 more fems GG#4...Plat/OG....GSC....& Gelato....They're all coming up but the GSC has opened with leaves flat on top of the soil....no shoot.....The others have taken off as usual with a 2 - 3 " stem before leaves....

Flower room has another disappointment a 6 week vegged Tangie 99.......Male......that's 2 out of the 4 so far being male. I still have 2 smaller ones in veg not all is lost....The 2 I have in flower now are at 7 weeks but they are not both the same strain i thought they were. I could very easily mixed things up....regardless they were both fems at least I got that right.....The one on the left has smaller whiter looking buds It could be a Jam/White Widow I mixed up...

I have this little thing in a yellow/green pot that is I think about 6 weeks old ..lol,,,,,I think something is wrong.....the one behind it is the same age but not as big....lol I think its a Plat OG & a GSC from the last seeds I sprouted with my new sprouts above....

100 6729
100 6727
100 6725
100 6733
100 6731
100 6737
Moshmen

Moshmen

Feb 12 I finely got around to taking cuttings for my bubbler. 5 Bubble Bomb & 4 Jam / Purple Haze. everything is running well. The humidity was down to 47% without the dome on it and although its recommended not to use a dome 47% is too low so I burned a few more holes in the dome and put it on. After an hour it was at 80%...too fkin high so I lifted it up on pads a nd got it down to 70%......I can live with that tonight I'll fiddle with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to hold at 65%....more holes

After taking the cuttings it was transplant time, the Bubble Bomb was in a 3 gal but its been vegging 8 weeks already so into a 5 gallon. The rest I put in 3 gallon fabric pots....First time with them, I'll have to see how they compare to my good ole plastic ice cream pots.

I sprouted 4 more fems GG#4...Plat/OG....GSC....& Gelato....They're all coming up but the GSC has opened with leaves flat on top of the soil....no shoot.....The others have taken off as usual with a 2 - 3 " stem before leaves....

Flower room has another disappointment a 6 week vegged Tangie 99.......Male......that's 2 out of the 4 so far being male. I still have 2 smaller ones in veg not all is lost....The 2 I have in flower now are at 7 weeks but they are not both the same strain i thought they were. I could very easily mixed things up....regardless they were both fems at least I got that right.....The one on the left has smaller whiter looking buds It could be a Jam/White Widow I mixed up...

I have this little thing in a yellow/green pot that is I think about 6 weeks old ..lol,,,,,I think something is wrong.....the one behind it is the same age but not as big....lol I think its a Plat OG & a GSC from the last seeds I sprouted with my new sprouts above....
Nice ! Get close up there huh ?

kuwl

kuwl

Flower room looks great! Good job on the bubbler too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Flower room looks great! Good job on the bubbler too.
Thanks, we'll have to see how it goes...I know I fked up to start....I was supposed to ph the water first.....I remembered after about an hour so I checked it was at 7.2 ..too high so without thinking I grabbed my PH up and gave it a 1 ml drop.....PH went to 7.8...WTF am I doing I grabbed the PH down 1 drop back to 6.8....... 1 more drop down to 6.00 I'll live with that....brain fart adding up....Yes right after I smoked 1 or 2 lol

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Thanks, we'll have to see how it goes...I know I fked up to start....I was supposed to ph the water first.....I remembered after about an hour so I checked it was at 7.2 ..too high so without thinking I grabbed my PH up and gave it a 1 ml drop.....PH went to 7.8...WTF am I doing I grabbed the PH down 1 drop back to 6.8....... 1 more drop down to 6.00 I'll live with that....brain fart adding up....Yes right after I smoked 1 or 2 lol
I have learned to smoke after tending to the plants lol

Top Bottom