PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
try to keep safe with the Nor'easter. y'all can't seem to catch a break this year.
Yep staying down in my shop all day...haven't even looked out in an hr or 2....I came down here to work.. clean up.....3 joints later I have a least swept the floor the rest has been rolling smoking reading and chatting....lol...work in my shop day..lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That sounds nice and relaxing, like you said, snowy days like that are days to relax and hunker down! Just look out eventually or snow drift will have you stuck lol
I have the shovel with me. and I gotta go up and get more smoke before I come back down to put them to bed for the night....No stairs between our main floor and basement....the folks that lived here before us had a fear of the basement so they removed the stairs and burned the runners and treads.......Where they were from nobody had basements I guess.......Funny my wife doesn't like it down here, 1 cat hates it the other is meh...There used to be cob webs and daddy long legs all over the place but that's because no one was down here. Still a few cob webs but no more spiders....

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yep staying down in my shop all day...haven't even looked out in an hr or 2....I came down here to work.. clean up.....3 joints later I have a least swept the floor the rest has been rolling smoking reading and chatting....lol...work in my shop day..lol

Hunker down for sure, be safe up there!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hunker down for sure, be safe up there!
Not going anywhere, we couldn't even if it was an emergency The driveways a foot deep + in some spots then there's the road berm of solids.....might even be a couple of bodies in the hard pack, fkin snow plow drivers don't slow down for no pedestrian.

It's days like these I wonder how the first natives decided this was a good place to live......Long before the first Europeans came there were a tough breed of people living in this place. I can't help think that when the geese start heading south every year the locals didn't think it a good idea to follow...All they would have needed to know was south warm north cold and ask their kids ...hey where do you want to live this winter? ....Wasn't there a that about walking 10 thousand miles lol not what I was thinking but perfect maritime get away song.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

My mother's family are Turtle island
It sounds like all of North American, Mexico & Caribbean's natives are Turtle Islanders....according to this guy. I was hoping he'd get into pre Europeans....not the woo woo stuff......I know that is important to some but its a bit hippy to me. If I can't see it, smell it, taste it, its all hocus pocus to me.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I get a kick outa "stories" better then watching arguments over fishing waters honestly. Hopefully 2022 wil be better for all of us

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I get a kick outa "stories" better then watching arguments over fishing waters honestly. Hopefully 2022 wil be better for all of us
Ya, winter just has me amazed that people could live here without the modern conveniences. Electric /oil/gas heat...hot water,stove They didn't hibernate and had to provide for the families....Are you kidding me? out in the cold hunting getting wood? not this old slacker....I'd of died 1st winter.....

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I'm concerned I may talk to much via text posting .....lemme know please if I'm pushing it.not always aware of it

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hope ur ok down there. This online forum thing may not be for me
This forum is an information source for a lot of growers needing help. The community it has developed has a lot of variety of grows and growers, there is a good core of folks here you can talk to about your plants issues and get the help you need....The rest of it is community fun, chatting and BSing about life.....It doesn't have to be an every day thing just stop in say hi, show some pics and carry on as if everyone was normal.....GL

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm concerned I may talk to much via text posting .....lemme know please if I'm pushing it.not always aware of it
Na carry on man weez all good, snow stopped, I had to pay the kid $40 to plow my driveway and the little fker plowed it backwards and left me a fking mountain of hard pack to shovel to get into and out of my basement....He was supposed to back in and push it out....work todo today

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I was wrestling with my dog yesterday and accidentally got my fingers in her mouth so I'm not able to type like I normally am so I'm going to use the microphone that Google gives me if my texts for some reason is outlandish it's because my proofreading skills suck just just throwing that out there, all I'm going to I'm going to try and give a ratio that's actually accurate without being overzealous I'm going to say 75% of the vehicles that where I am currently go out to plow not one of them realize that there are nuances common sense and critical thinking skills involved in plowing they think they can get into a truck drop the snow blade and they're got it they've got it licked my God reminds me of Tree Experts that tie into a tree with a steel chain......good times lmaopppp

Moshmen

Moshmen

I so wish I could have hired you as a maintenance man about 15 years ago ! Every manufacture needs a creative dude like you ! Lookin good nice work up there in the cold- it’s 37 f this morning ! Brr fucking cold ! Where’s my Florida sun

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I so wish I could have hired you as a maintenance man about 15 years ago ! Every manufacture needs a creative dude like you ! Lookin good nice work up there in the cold- it’s 37 f this morning ! Brr fucking cold ! Where’s my Florida sun
37F Wow that's pretty cold for you guys. Balmy for us, we'd be out in T shirts @37f, hanging laundry & getting the BBQ out like its spring. lol

I'm a maintenance man working 7 - 3
I work for the money for the family & me
I get real dirty cause I work real hard
I'm just glad I've got a Union card
I'm a maintenance man
I'm a maintenance man.

I took my son to work with me in the hospital a few times on afternoon shift over the years and we made up this little rap

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
37F Wow that's pretty cold for you guys. Balmy for us, we'd be out in T shirts @37f, hanging laundry & getting the BBQ out like its spring. lol

I'm a maintenance man working 7 - 3
I work for the money for the family & me
I get real dirty cause I work real hard
I'm just glad I've got a Union card
I'm a maintenance man
I'm a maintenance man.

I took my son to work with me in the hospital a few times on afternoon shift over the years and we made up this little rap
Feb 1 cold - 10C -15C overnight. I added a heat lamp to my veg room with lights on, it's only been getting 23c and I'd like it to 27c so a 100w heat lamp should add enough. I have it above my T5 fixture just for the heat.

I spent the day in the basement getting a few things done. I pulled my old bathroom fans out I used for intake air and put new ducting to the new fan and screwed it to the wall.

After that I was smoking a joint and I looked at the new bubbler and wondered how I'd fit the dome on. putting it on as is would only leave me a couple of inches for the plants so I dropped the bubbler in a box with a larger flat surface to suspend the dome....my prototypes don't end up square but its functional anyways.

The fking pump is loud It works very well but I can hear it upstairs vibrating away....gotta work on sound proofing it soon....Still no cuttings yet, I may take a couple to see how they go without the clonex with just water. I can take a bunch of the Bubble Bomb's lower shoots I've been grooming...

With Coal & Qnight in the recliner

100 6682
100 6681
100 6684
000 0061
sportyridr

sportyridr

Feb 1 cold - 10C -15C overnight. I added a heat lamp to my veg room with lights on, it's only been getting 23c and I'd like it to 27c so a 100w heat lamp should add enough. I have it above my T5 fixture just for the heat.

I spent the day in the basement getting a few things done. I pulled my old bathroom fans out I used for intake air and put new ducting to the new fan and screwed it to the wall.

After that I was smoking a joint and I looked at the new bubbler and wondered how I'd fit the dome on. putting it on as is would only leave me a couple of inches for the plants so I dropped the bubbler in a box with a larger flat surface to suspend the dome....my prototypes don't end up square but its functional anyways.

The fking pump is loud It works very well but I can hear it upstairs vibrating away....gotta work on sound proofing it soon....Still no cuttings yet, I may take a couple to see how they go without the clonex with just water. I can take a bunch of the Bubble Bomb's lower shoots I've been grooming...

With Coal & Qnight in the recliner

We're getting a break from the deep freeze long enough for it to sleet & snow our way to 7 to 12 more inches of the white stuff 🤣 Then back to the deep freeze on the weekend. Good stuff lol.

Long winter days n nights are made for projects, puttering tho I'll say that.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We're getting a break from the deep freeze long enough for it to sleet & snow our way to 7 to 12 more inches of the white stuff 🤣 Then back to the deep freeze on the weekend. Good stuff lol.

Long winter days n nights are made for projects, puttering tho I'll say that.
Feb 2 I added a heat lamp to my vegging room it was just too cold 23C lights on...with the heat lamp It gets to 27C with doors closed.....drops way down as soon as I open the door.

I was down in my room on the computer and the door opens...my wife says furnace guys coming...be here in 10 minutes.......😯😯.......I got some work to do.....I had cleaned up but not for a stranger coming in.....Quick stealth action required, I had a dozen pots full of old soil sitting neatly with a stalk sticking out of each of them. quick move and toss old carpet over them.....nutrients tools watering jugs...into drying room close the door. new bubbler needs stashing, Roaches rolling papers & shit off my desk.....Paranoid much??........Stranger Danger has been my motto for years and in my grow room?....

He was only a kid..not more than knee high 22 - 23 clean cut right out of school he looked like, never even glanced around the room. Straight to the furnace and eyes on it most of the time....light chatter between us, cleaned the furnace and walked out...about an hours work with clean up...$153 + $25 tax ...WTF

Okay pics are.......
New heat lamp
Bubble Bomb climbing the wall and 3 Tangie 99.....I think the big one at back is male
stunted from the cold but recovering 2 - GSC...1 PlatOG 1 GG#4.. 1 Gelato
Jam/PH fem clone..Interstate dragon fem clone
2 Flowering Jamaican Purple Haze cross @ 6 weeks in flower

100 6686
100 6687
100 6688
100 6689
100 6691
100 6693
100 6701
100 6705
kuwl

kuwl

Feb 2 I added a heat lamp to my vegging room it was just too cold 23C lights on...with the heat lamp It gets to 27C with doors closed.....drops way down as soon as I open the door.

I was down in my room on the computer and the door opens...my wife says furnace guys coming...be here in 10 minutes.......😯😯.......I got some work to do.....I had cleaned up but not for a stranger coming in.....Quick stealth action required, I had a dozen pots full of old soil sitting neatly with a stalk sticking out of each of them. quick move and toss old carpet over them.....nutrients tools watering jugs...into drying room close the door. new bubbler needs stashing, Roaches rolling papers & shit off my desk.....Paranoid much??........Stranger Danger has been my motto for years and in my grow room?....

He was only a kid..not more than knee high 22 - 23 clean cut right out of school he looked like, never even glanced around the room. Straight to the furnace and eyes on it most of the time....light chatter between us, cleaned the furnace and walked out...about an hours work with clean up...$153 + $25 tax ...WTF

Okay pics are.......
New heat lamp
Bubble Bomb climbing the wall and 3 Tangie 99.....I think the big one at back is male
stunted from the cold but recovering 2 - GSC...1 PlatOG 1 GG#4.. 1 Gelato
Jam/PH fem clone..Interstate dragon fem clone
2 Flowering Jamaican Purple Haze cross @ 6 weeks in flower
Sweet to have all those beautiful plants in flower, they look so good.
Since I can smell them from here did the furnace guy get a whif? 😅

How big are those veg pots and how big are the pots in the flower room? just curious.

Top Bottom