PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That post is 3 years old...I've learned a thing or 2 since then.....tks though...
April 18, We had a great day yesterday I was in the middle of as much child abuse as I could handle. I had 4 Great grand kids 3-6 assaulting me for most of the afternoon. Something about my beard, pony tail & girth get them crawling all over me all at once. It's great fun pulling my hair out until I get even lol. Then I got all mucked up from Chocolate bunny hands,faces & chocolate sneezes & how fun for them grossing me out with chocolate snot & once one saw my reaction to the a legitimate sneeze they all had to snort out chocolate snot.

Today I moved my last 2 red led lights into the veg room because I don't think its having the effect I was looking for in the flower room but after moving the first 2 strips in I've noticed very happy plants, coincidence maybe but they give me more coverage in veg.

I moved the Bubbler again everything is now behind a curtain to black out each section from one another, all 6 cuttings are looking great water holding close to 68f & with the dome on it gets to 80% rh until I pop the top and it drops down into the 60's

I pulled most of the leaves off that were either off color or in the way from my Bubble Bomb, I've been feeding her heavier than normal and it has improved a lot. Its frosting up and I'll get some smoke off her, She's not all destined for the oven and chocolate. She still has a ways to go but I need the space real soon.

My tent is doing great everything is progressing nicely with 2 Tangie99's and 1 Jamaican Purple Haze.. They're going through a lot of water now, every 3 days they're in need of liquid. I'm feeding them a lot heavier than the Bubble Bomb I don't want the same stall in bud growth I think was because of not enough food, too cold, & too much Calcium after adding cal/mag when I didn't need the Cal. I'm now adding 1/4 tsp every watering once they hit the led lights.

I'm going to run out of room again. I tried to work it out but I stall at 9 plants full sized in mid May with nowhere to go unless I fire up the hps light again. I have 4 ready to go now but no place to put them & when space does come available they'll be too big to light all 4 with my Se3000. So it looks like I'll be using 2 SE3000 & 1 - 1000w hps at the same time to flower 14 full sized girls at the same time.......That adds so much humidity and heat I'll have to get at it soon or I'll run into 33C & 100% humidity in July..

100 7173
100 7209
100 7211
100 7224
100 7225
100 7215
100 7221
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 18, We had a great day yesterday I was in the middle of as much child abuse as I could handle. I had 4 Great grand kids 3-6 assaulting me for most of the afternoon. Something about my beard, pony tail & girth get them crawling all over me all at once. It's great fun pulling my hair out until I get even lol. Then I got all mucked up from Chocolate bunny hands,faces & chocolate sneezes & how fun for them grossing me out with chocolate snot & once one saw my reaction to the a legitimate sneeze they all had to snort out chocolate snot.

Today I moved my last 2 red led lights into the veg room because I don't think its having the effect I was looking for in the flower room but after moving the first 2 strips in I've noticed very happy plants, coincidence maybe but they give me more coverage in veg.

I moved the Bubbler again everything is now behind a curtain to black out each section from one another, all 6 cuttings are looking great water holding close to 68f & with the dome on it gets to 80% rh until I pop the top and it drops down into the 60's

I pulled most of the leaves off that were either off color or in the way from my Bubble Bomb, I've been feeding her heavier than normal and it has improved a lot. Its frosting up and I'll get some smoke off her, She's not all destined for the oven and chocolate. She still has a ways to go but I need the space real soon.

My tent is doing great everything is progressing nicely with 2 Tangie99's and 1 Jamaican Purple Haze.. They're going through a lot of water now, every 3 days they're in need of liquid. I'm feeding them a lot heavier than the Bubble Bomb I don't want the same stall in bud growth I think was because of not enough food, too cold, & too much Calcium after adding cal/mag when I didn't need the Cal. I'm now adding 1/4 tsp every watering once they hit the led lights.

I'm going to run out of room again. I tried to work it out but I stall at 9 plants full sized in mid May with nowhere to go unless I fire up the hps light again. I have 4 ready to go now but no place to put them & when space does come available they'll be too big to light all 4 with my Se3000. So it looks like I'll be using 2 SE3000 & 1 - 1000w hps at the same time to flower 14 full sized girls at the same time.......That adds so much humidity and heat I'll have to get at it soon or I'll run into 33C & 100% humidity in July..
April 22
After adding all 4 of my 4ft led red lights to my veg room I've noticed an effect. My plants have stretched out far more than any lights I've used. I have always used 6500k full spectrum T5 lights. On my last purchase I bought a combo of Blue and full spectrum which was growing my plants at a normal growth rate ( for me) and I got a brain fart to add the red leds, I started with 1 then 3 now all 4 and this week everything in veg has just about out grown my space and there's 4-5 " between nodes not my normal 1 -2 -3 " at this stage. So if you want stretch in veg add red.

100 7212
100 7213
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lookin good up there in NS still got a little snow? And sounds like ur dropping even more lbs ? Congrats on all !
lol no snow now for a few days, We had a flurry last Monday but 16c / 60f today then a 1 hr thunder storm, nice now though........lb drop...not so much....gained some since we quit the gym.....gas price/bug19/lazy....hoping a bunch of yard work will burn some potato's off.....

I have 2 fm Tangie99 in flower and 3 beauty clones off them @ 4 weeks veg..I'll finely get a good taste off her. The one I flowered to get the clones was a pathetic little thing I got a small oz from........Not this run........It takes me a while but I now have nice stable fems to draw from.......same as a Jamaican Purple Haze & Bubble Bomb

I've taken single cuts off fem GSC, Gelato, GG#4, & Platinum OG that I'm almost ready to flip, as soon as I see roots in my bubbler then I can safely flip & keep them in the cycle as well.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
lol no snow now for a few days, We had a flurry last Monday but 16c / 60f today then a 1 hr thunder storm, nice now though........lb drop...not so much....gained some since we quit the gym.....gas price/bug19/lazy....hoping a bunch of yard work will burn some potato's off.....

I have 2 fm Tangie99 in flower and 3 beauty clones off them @ 4 weeks veg..I'll finely get a good taste off her. The one I flowered to get the clones was a pathetic little thing I got a small oz from........Not this run........It takes me a while but I now have nice stable fems to draw from.......same as a Jamaican Purple Haze & Bubble Bomb

I've taken single cuts off fem GSC, Gelato, GG#4, & Platinum OG that I'm almost ready to flip, as soon as I see roots in my bubbler then I can safely flip & keep them in the cycle as well.
April 24
I decided it was time to move a bunch from veg to flower. I've kept 2 Bubble Bomb & 2 Tangie99 girls back. In 5 weeks I' want 1 in the tent maybe 1 outside the other 2 I'll just let them grow. I'll keep topping them and bending them over to manage their size.

Everything is healthy and growing great, a few marks on some leaves from being crowded and touching up against my side light.

My Bubble Bomb is showing more bud & thickening up, I'll be able to get some smoke of her after all, its not a complete loss. Thanks to DrGreen55 for the advice on feeding +++...

The 2 Tangie 99 & the JPh in the tent are @ 4 weeks+ and going through a lot of water. I'm now going to have to remove the driver to keep the heat down. With my tent in the same room as my 1000w hps I no longer need any added heat to any of my spaces.

I shut off a 50w heat lamp a 175W heat lamp a 150 w heat lamp & 2 T5's& 2 red led light. So I dropped 400watts and added 1000w up goes the electric bill. I had been using a 1500w heater through the coldest days so maybe I should have just kept using the hps along with the leds it wouldn't have made much of a difference on my power bill.

100 7237
100 7249
100 7250
100 7251
100 7241
100 7240
sportyridr

sportyridr

April 24
I decided it was time to move a bunch from veg to flower. I've kept 2 Bubble Bomb & 2 Tangie99 girls back. In 5 weeks I' want 1 in the tent maybe 1 outside the other 2 I'll just let them grow. I'll keep topping them and bending them over to manage their size.

Everything is healthy and growing great, a few marks on some leaves from being crowded and touching up against my side light.

My Bubble Bomb is showing more bud & thickening up, I'll be able to get some smoke of her after all, its not a complete loss. Thanks to DrGreen55 for the advice on feeding +++...

The 2 Tangie 99 & the JPh in the tent are @ 4 weeks+ and going through a lot of water. I'm now going to have to remove the driver to keep the heat down. With my tent in the same room as my 1000w hps I no longer need any added heat to any of my spaces.

I shut off a 50w heat lamp a 175W heat lamp a 150 w heat lamp & 2 T5's& 2 red led light. So I dropped 400watts and added 1000w up goes the electric bill. I had been using a 1500w heater through the coldest days so maybe I should have just kept using the hps along with the leds it wouldn't have made much of a difference on my power bill.

Man, your kickin this growing weed thing in the ass this year, looking real nice !!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Man, your kickin this growing weed thing in the ass this year, looking real nice !!
Right now everything is healthy and growing like weeds lol. I've been using GH Floralicious this run and its the only additive I've used I see results from. Expensive stuff it cost me $45 Cdn for an 250ml / 8 oz bottle @ 1ml / feed but I see a nice green color and very healthy leaves. I get much better looking girls with it than without so I guess I'm hooked on continuing with it.

A local hydro store has a 30% off going out f business sale going on, I picked up 1 gallon each of the Micro/Grow/Bloom, they had a large 1 gallon bottle of Floralicious on for $90 regularly over $200 but I just couldn't bite on such a large amount after buying 3 gallons of their regular food. Rich folks get all the deals, if I had the cash I'd be set for years with all the nutes covered.......ah fk Amzon needs the cash I guess that's why the local hydro store is going out of business Too many Amzon buyers not enough walk in customers.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Right now everything is healthy and growing like weeds lol. I've been using GH Floralicious this run and its the only additive I've used I see results from. Expensive stuff it cost me $45 Cdn for an 250ml / 8 oz bottle @ 1ml / feed but I see a nice green color and very healthy leaves. I get much better looking girls with it than without so I guess I'm hooked on continuing with it.

A local hydro store has a 30% off going out f business sale going on, I picked up 1 gallon each of the Micro/Grow/Bloom, they had a large 1 gallon bottle of Floralicious on for $90 regularly over $200 but I just couldn't bite on such a large amount after buying 3 gallons of their regular food. Rich folks get all the deals, if I had the cash I'd be set for years with all the nutes covered.......ah fk Amzon needs the cash I guess that's why the local hydro store is going out of business Too many Amzon buyers not enough walk in customers.
We made a trip into Halifax yesterday with a stop at our favorite second hand store. It's a Wal Mart sized store with clothing in the center and all the stuff I'm looking for around the inside edges. Tuesdays of course is 30% off day for us old farts so. I picked up a few things I need,. 3 timers, a fan a plant drip dray, a container for my nutrient droppers. $9 taxes in...

My plants love the hps light after a lifetime under T5's I have 1 maybe 2 plants I'm suspicious of being males. They sold them to me as feminized, I'll know in a few days whether thay are or not. They are standing up tall big stalks and long spaces between nodes. No organs yet but I got a funny feeling I been duped. I hope not, they are my GSC & GG#4 possibly even their Platinum OG. Needless to say I'll be a ragging on someone real soon if I've wasted all this time on males.

100 7259
100 7260
100 7267
100 7270
100 7271
100 7277
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We made a trip into Halifax yesterday with a stop at our favorite second hand store. It's a Wal Mart sized store with clothing in the center and all the stuff I'm looking for around the inside edges. Tuesdays of course is 30% off day for us old farts so. I picked up a few things I need,. 3 timers, a fan a plant drip dray, a container for my nutrient droppers. $9 taxes in...

My plants love the hps light after a lifetime under T5's I have 1 maybe 2 plants I'm suspicious of being males. They sold them to me as feminized, I'll know in a few days whether thay are or not. They are standing up tall big stalks and long spaces between nodes. No organs yet but I got a funny feeling I been duped. I hope not, they are my GSC & GG#4 possibly even their Platinum OG. Needless to say I'll be a ragging on someone real soon if I've wasted all this time on males.
April 28th
I was just doing some scrolling through grow equipment and I came across these 7 gallon fabric bags @ $13.95 on the Amazon .com link, I get rerouted to the Canadian link at the Price is $29.90+ tax @15%...

Then the Starter seed plugs.

Fk its expensive living in this country. Free health care that is pathetically under staffed and over managed, Takes 2+years & 5 Doctors to get a wart removed. a 10 minute operation including freezing time & stitching....11 years to get my first hip replaced..& 3 years in excruciating pain. for the second one.....I've been waiting a year to get my ass scoped after an emergency room visit because of bleeding.......I guess I need a fking smoke...😤
😤

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

April 28th
I was just doing some scrolling through grow equipment and I came across these 7 gallon fabric bags @ $13.95 on the Amazon .com link, I get rerouted to the Canadian link at the Price is $29.90+ tax @15%...
View attachment 1239974
View attachment 1239975
Then the Starter seed plugs.
View attachment 1239976
View attachment 1239977

Fk its expensive living in this country. Free health care that is pathetically under staffed and over managed, Takes 2+years & 5 Doctors to get a wart removed. a 10 minute operation including freezing time & stitching....11 years to get my first hip replaced..& 3 years in excruciating pain. for the second one.....I've been waiting a year to get my ass scoped after an emergency room visit because of bleeding.......I guess I need a fking smoke...😤
😤
They should make all pots square

kuwl

kuwl

Dam them are some frosty buds there Pipe, your killin' it!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They should make all pots square

Dam them are some frosty buds there Pipe, your killin' it!
Thanks the Jam/purple/haze is looking great at 5 weeks, The Tangie99 is looking a bit bleached, I'm not sure if that's strain related or too intense light. but I'm feeding a lot heavier than I ever did with hps lights to keep them happy.....

I'm about to chop my bubble bomb...9 weeks yesterday and will either need water in 2 days or I cut. I gave her 2 gallons of RO water 2 days ago & only house water the week before and when I looked through the mic I have amber. I'm in need of smoke and chocolates for my wife.

I can put another couple of plants under the light....its going to get ripe in here in another month......I don't use any filtration so it just leaks out the cracks around my house.......any one that comes to the house will know but few can distinguish between the grow smell and me smoking regularly so I just stay lit.....lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, it's because you can stack them up against each other and utilize the spacing
I like to leave air spaces around my pots, stacking them close together wouldn't let the pots dry uniformly, I know I could space out square pots as well but if that's there only benefit then I'll stick with round. The same volume of soil, transplanting out of the round fabric ones is a pain I'm thinking square pots would be even harder to transplant out of........

I've looked at them but couldn't figure out why I'd pay a bit more for square than round.. If I see a deal on them I might try but its not something I'd go looking for.........

Thanks for the input though I like to hear the pro's & cons over various equipment & supplies it's the only way to know whats good and whats a fad.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I like to leave air spaces around my pots, stacking them close together wouldn't let the pots dry uniformly, I know I could space out square pots as well but if that's there only benefit then I'll stick with round. The same volume of soil, transplanting out of the round fabric ones is a pain I'm thinking square pots would be even harder to transplant out of........

I've looked at them but couldn't figure out why I'd pay a bit more for square than round.. If I see a deal on them I might try but its not something I'd go looking for.........

Thanks for the input though I like to hear the pro's & cons over various equipment & supplies it's the only way to know whats good and whats a fad.
May 10,
It looks like its been a while since I made an update. I chopped my Bubble Bomb & she's now just about dry enough to jar.

I repurposed my seedling box by adding a speed controlled exhaust fan with an 12v computer fan & a dimmer switch off an old led driver/dimmer combo I had. I ran a 4" duct to a cold unheated oil tank room to draw in 60f filtered air. With a small dehue I've been able to get 62-64f @ 62@ ....close to perfect if what I've learned here is correct with real good air flow.....

My tent girls are @ 8 weeks tomorrow so in another week - 10 days they'll be coming down. I have replacements ready to go but I may only be able to fit 1 girl in the tent. I transplanted 2 Bubble Bomb & 2 Tangie 99 into 5 gal fabric pots and they're already to go into flower @ 2 months in Veg.

My basement grow with my drying box on the left then computer, my 2 door veg closet, behind the light curtain my bubbler & behind the cat is my flower room & tent

100 7279
100 7303
100 7304
100 7310
100 7347
100 7354
100 7355
100 7357
100 7313
100 7316
100 7318
Top Bottom