PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinfever

kevinfever

to be honest Ontario was bad for PM and bud rot so i have learn to be very selective with my strains

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

when i was just looking now electricity is cheaper here , but for me in Ontario i had natural gas and it was cheap for heating . now its all base board heat unless you have propane but im on the bottom of the list for propane and it is not cheap any way . And sorry to contribute to the problem but i felt the same in Ont. my house went from $150 000 to $450 000 over the last few years thing were getting out of control i dont know how some one justified buying my old property at that price and to know they will lose all that value at any moment . But im debt free and have much larger property to pass on to my kids now , that i could not think of before. You cant control the system or be mad about it you just have to know how to use it to your advantage and get on top . but your right they system is progressing in a negative down ward spiral and now all i have to do is fight this never ending inflation . At least gas went down to $1.60 lol funny not funny
Well it works both ways it wasn't all bad, we have an aging population so a lot of old folks, estates etc sold for outstanding prices, and then for us who has multiple properties and wanted to sell one just took advantage of, going forward our east coast economy can't support the prices, so when it slows down which its already started, houses prices will fall to an extent, I bet by the end of this year it will be a big difference in price, its definitely a yo yo system

kevinfever

kevinfever

well this inflation never goes the other way , every passing month for the last two years price increase or shrinkflation at the grocery store . i buy fertilizer and stuff from indoorgrowing canada and im seeing 10 to 20 percent increase on some items , then delivery keeps going up .

kevinfever

kevinfever

I looked at your pics, you have a good handle on this grow thing by the looks of it. I doubt you'll be able to have the same success outdoors here though....Too damp in Oct to finish them.....well for me here on the Atlantic Coast.....Moncton is 3hrs drive north from me and you get much more severe weather than we do, cold wise . I get cold & damp wet in Oct and I haven't had much luck outside with bud rot, powdery mildew and days of fog that don't allow damp buds to dry off.

Location,location location someone 20 miles from me might have drier weather.....Are you planning an out door crop this year?
im probably 2hr from you , moncton is hour drive north

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
im probably 2hr from you , moncton is hour drive north
You must be on the flat lands then close to the border or in the Sackville area. A good little restaurant there Patterson's...a great breakfast, we stop there on our trips to or from Moncton....Family cooking, large sizes, good prices, a large breakfast for 1 can feed 2 easily with pancakes toast eggs bacon sausage a ton of stove cooked hash browns & coffee around $12. $13 the last time we were there.

kevinfever

kevinfever

sorry my geography is a little bad im in between Moncton and the bay of fundy

kevinfever

kevinfever

lots of mountains and rocky land , neighbor grows outdoors here says need early strains for sure. Hope the green house can help with keeping them warm and dry in the wet months . But then again green house brings its own challenges with PM if not careful .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
sorry my geography is a little bad im in between Moncton and the bay of fundy
I've driven all through there, I saw some real nice properties for sale with old homes & barns nice country side but your out there if you're an hour from Moncton....I saw my first wild Moose in the Fundy National Park along there,, jogging along the road in front of us 2 cows in tow...Y

ou have to be retired or an artist, hobbyist, self sufficient types.. Hows the internet service? Out in the country here it can be spotty with dial up type service 1-2 5mbps..

kevinfever

kevinfever

lol ya internet sux im at the end of the line for bell , we had it for about a day then i ordered starlink . Its amazing and if the power goes out i can start up my generator and still have internet . had moose walk threw my yard the other day didnt see it but left huge foot prints wow

kevinfever

kevinfever

my wife tells every one im retired , ill be 40 next year and would rather work . I don't need to work for now but want to find a job i will like or start something up i dont know , working sux but not working is boring . i guess when spring summer hits things will get a little more exciting

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
my wife tells every one im retired , ill be 40 next year and would rather work . I don't need to work for now but want to find a job i will like or start something up i dont know , working sux but not working is boring . i guess when spring summer hits things will get a little more exciting
Hobby land, We really only work for 1 reason and that's to make money. If you are handy at all hobbies can fill the time and make some extra cash if you can make something people want. I made screen doors for a while, built & sold a few tables, desks, shelves & things. I was an electrician in a past life, working with wood at home was much more relaxing. If you have time to invest in a hobby, something that's not work per-say nows ( local dialect) you have an opportunity to do something new.

kuwl

kuwl

Hobby land, We really only work for 1 reason and that's to make money. If you are handy at all hobbies can fill the time and make some extra cash if you can make something people want. I made screen doors for a while, built & sold a few tables, desks, shelves & things. I was an electrician in a past life, working with wood at home was much more relaxing. If you have time to invest in a hobby, something that's not work per-say nows ( local dialect) you have an opportunity to do something new.
I used to build wishing wells and planter benches but around here they don't want to pay for my craftmanship
I built all sizes of octagonal wishing wells and even planter benches for kids. I would get the wood free from an engine plant, I guess it was used to crate them.
That was bout 20yrs ago Growing this weed is my hobby now and I like it more than any other hobby.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 15, My tent came yesterday, I've been putting it up, rewiring & moving intake fan & ducting. It took me about an hour to put the tent up...quicker if I'd read the instruction right the first time. I have the light working just not wired to the timer yet. When I talked to them about size I'd asked for a 4x4 but they sent me a 3x3, the idea was to put both lights in one tent I think there was a language / communication breakdown...None the less I now have a 3x3 to put 4 plants in 3 gallon pots in and give me space in my veg room.

100 6928
100 6930
100 6932
100 6933
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 15, My tent came yesterday, I've been putting it up, rewiring & moving intake fan & ducting. It took me about an hour to put the tent up...quicker if I'd read the instruction right the first time. I have the light working just not wired to the timer yet. When I talked to them about size I'd asked for a 4x4 but they sent me a 3x3, the idea was to put both lights in one tent I think there was a language / communication breakdown...None the less I now have a 3x3 to put 4 plants in 3 gallon pots in and give me space in my veg room.
March 20..Now I have something going on with my flowering Bubble Bomb. Its almost 3 weeks into flower stunted for sure WTF did I do this time? Its off colored and the leaves feel like paper. I've gone though deficiency charts but nothing strikes home. Close but no cigar as they say. Any help on this would be great.

It looks more like mold but its dry in the basement, 30% - 47% The stems on the leaves have gone purple and it seems to be shriveling up.

The last feed was March 9 of 6ml Micro/6mlGrow/12ml bloom ( being 2nd week in flower) 1 ml flouralisious & 5 ml cal/mag & 5ml ph up..... I flipped Feb 23. I then gave it a watering on the 15th with a worm casting tea...Now today I fed again 6/6/12/ 1 ml Fl + 5ml up fk the cal/mag if it did this.....

My ph today after re-calibrating my tester 6.50 with a PPM of 810...I've dimmed my light to 85% so I'm getting 30,000 lux in the center & 27,000 around the edges....I had it at 41,000 Something is fked

100 6938
100 6969
100 6970
100 6977
100 6979
100 6980
100 6981
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Phosphorous...soil pH out of range?
I thought the same and I had to re-calibrate my ph tester to confirm but its at 6.50.. and the ppm is right....I'm blaming the worm casting tea or the fking cal/mag......I added the last feed for some fking reason.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t think I’ve ever seen leaf stems that dark purple. I would investigate in that direction. You probably already have.If they are less purple down lower where the light doesn’t get to them as much, the light could be causing it. Or magnesium def. or pho’s. First impression when seeing the plant would be a watering issue, but you’re no rookie so I doubt that. I would back off the light and try some Epsom salts and see what happens.Good luck! Lord knows I’ve chased my tail plenty!

sportyridr

sportyridr

Sounds like a good possibility 🤔 I vaguely remember pissing off my plants with WC that I added when I was doing soil. Had not learned less was more motto yet 🤣

I also added it to the promix I was using but more like mixing 1/4 cup per gal. Never bothered with the tea.

I'd have to break our my pH test solution to ease my mind.

Top Bottom