PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kuwl

kuwl

I don’t think I’ve ever seen leaf stems that dark purple. I would investigate in that direction. You probably already have.If they are less purple down lower where the light doesn’t get to them as much, the light could be causing it. Or magnesium def. or pho’s. First impression when seeing the plant would be a watering issue, but you’re no rookie so I doubt that. I would back off the light and try some Epsom salts and see what happens.Good luck! Lord knows I’ve chased my tail plenty!
I agree with ya, try 1 tablespoon per gal of epsom salts, it sure looks like a magnesium prob to me.
Remember the band Deep Purple lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I agree with ya, try 1 tablespoon per gal of epsom salts, it sure looks like a magnesium prob to me.
Remember the band Deep Purple lol
I've been busy the last couple of days. Its locked up for sure I don't think there's much hope now but I have to keep her growing. its water time tomorrow I hope and I'm going to give her 2 gallons of RO water ...Zero ppm stuff & see what happens. Some micro scope pics

Thumbnail Sun Mar 20 19 41 19
Thumbnail Sun Mar 20 19 42 13
Thumbnail Sun Mar 20 19 46 36
Thumbnail Sun Mar 20 19 51 15
Thumbnail Sun Mar 20 19 51 39
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been busy the last couple of days. Its locked up for sure I don't think there's much hope now but I have to keep her growing. its water time tomorrow I hope and I'm going to give her 2 gallons of RO water ...Zero ppm stuff & see what happens. Some micro scope pics
March 26, The Bubble Bomb just isn't doing anything. I pulled a couple of handfuls of leaves off but she's still pretty thick in foliage. At 1 month+ in flower it should of had buds develop by now. The new growth looks good I'll just keep her growing...I can make a bunch of chocolates out of her.

The 4 in my tent are doing well I have the ventilation all worked out and my power is organized again so I have a balanced load.

3 Jamaican Purple Haze cuttings from my bubbler, they started looking pretty rough but they've perked up nicely. I transplanted them into 3 gal fabric pots and fed them 4 ml M/ 4ml G/ 4 ml B/ 1ml Fluro / 3 ml phup/gal.......That gave me a ph of 6.44 & ppm of 525.

100 7010
100 7011
100 7007
100 7009
100 7012
100 7014
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 26, The Bubble Bomb just isn't doing anything. I pulled a couple of handfuls of leaves off but she's still pretty thick in foliage. At 1 month+ in flower it should of had buds develop by now. The new growth looks good I'll just keep her growing...I can make a bunch of chocolates out of her.

The 4 in my tent are doing well I have the ventilation all worked out and my power is organized again so I have a balanced load.

3 Jamaican Purple Haze cuttings from my bubbler, they started looking pretty rough but they've perked up nicely. I transplanted them into 3 gal fabric pots and fed them 4 ml M/ 4ml G/ 4 ml B/ 1ml Fluro / 3 ml phup/gal.......That gave me a ph of 6.44 & ppm of 525.
March 29 Another fking male. I even took cuttings off this thing and It was a cutting from What I thought was a fem....I guess another medicated fk up.lol So I pulled it and its little bastards. Now I have a bit more space to expand.....FK !

Okay a couple of smokes later and I got mad at the remaining girls and bent them all over to fill the space and Fk the net ! pain in the ass...lol....I'm a miserable fk today after finding balls in the wrong place.

I fed the Bubble Bomb today 6/6/6/1/5ml up....its not looking good and no buds at 1 month old, papery dry leaves, purple stems, stiff stalk, no growth.....

100 7029
100 7035
100 7040
100 7042
100 7049
100 7050
100 7051
100 7010
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
For what it’s worth I put a gram of epsom per gallon in anything that is growing under my led - u know me I have no science it just works for me ,
How often do you add the Epsom? Just in Watering or feed as well? 1 gram = about 1/4 tsp?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I do it every time I also feed every time just a matter of what and how much

not sure I’ve just always weighed my dry additives all I can say is it looks like a lot! Lol ill ck next time
March 31, I sprayed my BB with 1/4 tsp epsom salts & I've started using it in my water for the girls in my tent. I know this was talked about on my first grow but my medication caused a brain laps....lol....Okay back on track, plant is still fked but everything else is good.

I moved one of the 4ft red led's into the veg room and hung it off the T5 fixture. I'm going to have a dozen plants (all girls)s in 3 gal pots and I'll need some extra coverage, the red will help some.

I got energetic and rebuilt my pump for the bubbler. I'd put it in a wooden box with foam around it but the box rattled and I could hear it through out the house, irritating me while it was going on and off on a 5 min timer. I picked up an old 6 pack cooler with a good lid and now with the lid on there's just a light hum....I can live with that

My new PH tester came in I hope this one works better than the last one.

My tent and other flower space

100 7068
100 7073
100 7043
100 7044
100 7045
100 7074
100 7058
100 7064
100 7066
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Keep an eye on your air pump, as I did the same thing, got sick of the noise, but when I covered it, it blew hot air into my water and sent the water temps through the roof.
Ya Thanks, good tip! I was concerned about that so I put it on 5 min on 5 min off and the pump doesn't get that hot doing that. I did have it on full time when I first made it & that made the water very warm.

I might need to intake cooler air though my cuttings looked pretty sad until I planted them. Once they hit the dirt they all perked up and are growing great. I waited too long with them in the bubbler. As soon as I see a couple of roots I'm planting them the next time. I let them sit and grow but they didn't grow a few more roots popped out but the cuttings looked sad & wilted the longer they stayed in the bubbler. Heated water may have been the issue

It's always something...I think I fix something and it fks something else.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Keep an eye on your air pump, as I did the same thing, got sick of the noise, but when I covered it, it blew hot air into my water and sent the water temps through the roof.
You have me thinking about that hot air. I might just make a coil in the airline and run it through another cooler with fresh cool water in it & monitor the water temp a bit closer....To be honest I was more worried about over heating the pump than the air. It could be a big reason my bubbler wasn't all I thought it would be... I kept adding fresh ph'd 68* water but I never checked the water temp after that......I'll soon have another batch to harvest cuts from and I'll keep an eye on the water temp...

I had a good stand up water cooler I gave away.....I could use it now...I looked for sm chillers but they're far too expensive for this little project.

I have a distiller with pot and coils. too I'll get something to cool the air next time......I'm glad I posted that pic to get that observation from you......😂😂👍👍

chemistry

chemistry

You have me thinking about that hot air. I might just make a coil in the airline and run it through another cooler with fresh cool water in it & monitor the water temp a bit closer....To be honest I was more worried about over heating the pump than the air. It could be a big reason my bubbler wasn't all I thought it would be... I kept adding fresh ph'd 68* water but I never checked the water temp after that......I'll soon have another batch to harvest cuts from and I'll keep an eye on the water temp...

I had a good stand up water cooler I gave away.....I could use it now...I looked for sm chillers but they're far too expensive for this little project.

I have a distiller with pot and coils. too I'll get something to cool the air next time......I'm glad I posted that pic to get that observation from you......😂😂👍👍

Post it if the temps go down, as a lot of people use this type of pump, my self included, but the heat did for me with this type of pump in the end in DWC, root rot was the other thing I thought the pump gave me because of the temps from the air from the pump, handy in the fact it can keep your DWC buckets warm in a cold garage, but a downside if you don't want over warm roots. I ran six buckets with my pump, three in veg and three in flower. Currently growing with run to waste system, so no pump. 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

April 4th .....I have to return the Ph tester again, this time It wouldn't calibrate to the solution. The initial setup kept defaulting to 4.00 while dipped in the 6,86 & there was no way to reset it.... I've reordered another....I was happy with my first one that lasted 2 years + but I've had a string of crap sent to me with broken, missing pieces, & calibration problems. Is it that hard to make an inexpensive ph tester that works?

Still no buds almost 6 weeks into flower...lol...not funny but I gotta laugh it off....I'll have a bunch ready to go after I kill beast that could have been....She coulda been a star.....
Post it if the temps go down, as a lot of people use this type of pump, my self included, but the heat did for me with this type of pump in the end in DWC, root rot was the other thing I thought the pump gave me because of the temps from the air from the pump, handy in the fact it can keep your DWC buckets warm in a cold garage, but a downside if you don't want over warm roots. I ran six buckets with my pump, three in veg and three in flower. Currently growing with run to waste system, so no pump. 👍
I'm hoping you nailed the reason for my bubblers limited success. Although it gave me roots the above ground foliage looked pretty sad.. Everyone that popped roots out is now thriving its taken far too long to get to this point. I'm going to try this again real soon with my distiller used as a chiller. I'll fill the pot with cold water and connect the airlines to the coil.

Its a useless distiller, it takes far too long to get a gallon of distilled water but I think I can use it to cool the air.

100 7075
100 7076
100 7084
100 7087
100 7078
100 7080
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 4th .....I have to return the Ph tester again, this time It wouldn't calibrate to the solution. The initial setup kept defaulting to 4.00 while dipped in the 6,86 & there was no way to reset it.... I've reordered another....I was happy with my first one that lasted 2 years + but I've had a string of crap sent to me with broken, missing pieces, & calibration problems. Is it that hard to make an inexpensive ph tester that works?

Still no buds almost 6 weeks into flower...lol...not funny but I gotta laugh it off....I'll have a bunch ready to go after I kill beast that could have been....She coulda been a star.....

I'm hoping you nailed the reason for my bubblers limited success. Although it gave me roots the above ground foliage looked pretty sad.. Everyone that popped roots out is now thriving its taken far too long to get to this point. I'm going to try this again real soon with my distiller used as a chiller. I'll fill the pot with cold water and connect the airlines to the coil.

Its a useless distiller, it takes far too long to get a gallon of distilled water but I think I can use it to cool the air.
View attachment 1232998
April 9, My girls in veg are all doing surprisingly well. I'll have to say thriving finely. Now where to store them until I get room to flower? At the rate they're growing now in a couple of weeks I'm out of space again.

I expanded my veg space to from 4ft x31" - 7' x 31" and I added a small 2'x2 t5 light, I'm going to take 1 more of the red led lights I'm using in flower to help light the added space along with a 65w led spot light if I can find it.

I'm going to feed the bubble bomb full nutes this week, it's stuck at week 2 in flower and I'm going to try going 18hrs on for her last week, when ever I feel she's only going to live 7 more days.......I should be able to make a whack of chocolates out of her if nothing else. Problem being she was supposed to provide me with smoke until my girls in the tent are done...in 6 -7 weeks.

I used an old fan clip on section to support a 175watt heat lamp & put it in my tent to warm it up, after 24 hrs my paranoia took over and out it came. too hot too close to flammable material & the light. So I moved it into the flower room with the bubble bomb and its lifted the temp to 77f, a bit more sealing the space up and I can get it up another degree or 2 & there's enough space to keep it clear of everything.

100 7101
100 7103
100 7104
100 7106
100 7109
100 7111
100 7114
100 7095
100 7091
100 7092
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 9, My girls in veg are all doing surprisingly well. I'll have to say thriving finely. Now where to store them until I get room to flower? At the rate they're growing now in a couple of weeks I'm out of space again.

I expanded my veg space to from 4ft x31" - 7' x 31" and I added a small 2'x2 t5 light, I'm going to take 1 more of the red led lights I'm using in flower to help light the added space along with a 65w led spot light if I can find it.

I'm going to feed the bubble bomb full nutes this week, it's stuck at week 2 in flower and I'm going to try going 18hrs on for her last week, when ever I feel she's only going to live 7 more days.......I should be able to make a whack of chocolates out of her if nothing else. Problem being she was supposed to provide me with smoke until my girls in the tent are done...in 6 -7 weeks.

I used an old fan clip on section to support a 175watt heat lamp & put it in my tent to warm it up, after 24 hrs my paranoia took over and out it came. too hot too close to flammable material & the light. So I moved it into the flower room with the bubble bomb and its lifted the temp to 77f, a bit more sealing the space up and I can get it up another degree or 2 & there's enough space to keep it clear of everything.
April 12
I've transplanted 3 Tangie99 cuttings & 3 Bubble Bomb Cuts to 3 gallon pots. All very healthy after a rough start, its amazing how tough these weeds are.

The 3 girls in my tent are blooming there's not much to distinguish the Tangie from the Jamaican Purple Haze yet. The JPH is back right and in need of food tomorrow morning.

I built Bubbler # 2 today, I think there's a pound of duct tape blacking out any chance of light entering into the bowl & I plumbed it so each hole has a airstone directly under it. I've also looped in a chiller to cool the air going through the stone's. By sound proofing the pump it was pointed out to me the air going through the pump would heat up and heat the Bubblers water, an ah ha moment and my brain fart solution was to run the airline through a pot of 68F water ( my standing water temp ) With the pump going on/off every 5 minutes that should keep the Bubbler water 68f . The temp I've seen recommended for other water cloning setups.

I've added another one of the red led's to the veg room and the girls seem to like it

And my Bubble Bomb I fked good I'm going to feed her to death now, Up close & personal observations by someone who knows has shown me the way & I believe explained its lock up with cold temps, starvation & possibly added calcium helped lock out the phosphorus. Then me starving it with RO water didn't help but now I can try and fix her up some before I cut her down.

100 7119
100 7121
100 7124
100 7145
100 7147
100 7148
100 7139
100 7144
100 7131
100 7135
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 12
I've transplanted 3 Tangie99 cuttings & 3 Bubble Bomb Cuts to 3 gallon pots. All very healthy after a rough start, its amazing how tough these weeds are.

The 3 girls in my tent are blooming there's not much to distinguish the Tangie from the Jamaican Purple Haze yet. The JPH is back right and in need of food tomorrow morning.

I built Bubbler # 2 today, I think there's a pound of duct tape blacking out any chance of light entering into the bowl & I plumbed it so each hole has a airstone directly under it. I've also looped in a chiller to cool the air going through the stone's. By sound proofing the pump it was pointed out to me the air going through the pump would heat up and heat the Bubblers water, an ah ha moment and my brain fart solution was to run the airline through a pot of 68F water ( my standing water temp ) With the pump going on/off every 5 minutes that should keep the Bubbler water 68f . The temp I've seen recommended for other water cloning setups.

I've added another one of the red led's to the veg room and the girls seem to like it

And my Bubble Bomb I fked good I'm going to feed her to death now, Up close & personal observations by someone who knows has shown me the way & I believe explained its lock up with cold temps, starvation & possibly added calcium helped lock out the phosphorus. Then me starving it with RO water didn't help but now I can try and fix her up some before I cut her down.
April 14
I have the bubbler & chiller with the air pump in a small cooler to quell the noise & stop it vibrating through the house. I've put it on a 5 minute timer 5 on 5 off & still one cat doesn't like it running, I can barely here it so it works for me. ( wife's almost deaf..................... most of the time ) lol

I have the airline going down through the bench and coiled up in the pot with 2 holes in the lid, down one up the other & cold water filling the pot. I'm hoping it regulates the input air & helps keep the bubbler's water cool.

I took 1 cutting off 6 different strain Bubble Bomb...Platinum OG...Jamaican Purple Haze...GG #4 ...GSC......& Tangie 99.....I missed the Gelato I should drop the JPH as I have time before I flip them & get the Gelato sprouting a baby.

This is a pretty little JPH it is growing so uniformly ( if that's the word) where all the branches and tops are so symmetrical I just find it pretty.

100 7167
100 7169
100 7161
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Fkin seeds of the 10 in the cup then onto paper towel 1 has cracked of the 10 straight into paper towel 1 has cracked after 4 days now. My experience says if they don't crack early they're not going to crack! fk I'll keep them damp and hope for the best but fk. It looks like I wasted another $2 on that fancy bottled water too fk! I'll plant the 2 that cracked in peat pods this time (another fk) and blow a bong load ( or 2) of smoke over them in ceremonial homage to the pot god and hope for his blessing fk I need a smoke!

The Cherry Bomb I cut is now smokeable, at least the small popcorn buds are. Nice sweet taste and smell, not a real hard heavy buzz to it but enough to get me going in the morning.
The Bubba Kush is drying nicely it's very dense and is going to take a few days more before I'll sample her.

I took my cat out for a walk through the woods again early this morning after a couple of bong loads It has become a regular routine with us since the weather got better early June. We've slowly expanded our walk to where we are now hiking out through a neighbors Christmas tree farm and his cut lines about a mile round trip loop. We'll go out once twice or three times a day I'll have to take the camera out early tomorrow with us.

My pipe carver moniker is from a previous life, I was making and selling them to all the dispensaries and paraphernalia shops in the province but since they legalized pot those shops are now closed and some busted so the pipe biz is no more. I use a bong now anyways the pipe smoke got too heavy on my lungs. I should now use CatWalker as my new handle I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be taken yet and it would be more apt to my present day occupation.
Sometimes if you have old or stubborn seeds you can line a small container with mild sandpaper and put the seeds in there and shake them it will scratch the seeds enough for the water to penetrate then leave them in the water till they sink then paper towel and if they don't crack they aren't viable,it has worked for me

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sometimes if you have old or stubborn seeds you can line a small container with mild sandpaper and put the seeds in there and shake them it will scratch the seeds enough for the water to penetrate then leave them in the water till they sink then paper towel and if they don't crack they aren't viable,it has worked for me
That post is 3 years old...I've learned a thing or 2 since then.....tks though...

Top Bottom