PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Weekly update Nov 9 1st week of flower, Good week for them all. New growth is healthy, water run off ph is climbing steadily now. My Cherry Bomb is looking good, I trimmed the effected leaves off through the week now there's not any signs of her previous problems.
I took a tape to her and she's about 24" tall 36" x 28" wide, I've got me a rectangle full of bud sites.

My Bubba Kush isn't as full and bushy as I'd like, I turned her to early for my liking but its done now so I'll get what I get.

The 2 KC39 are both filling in and bushed out okay for the short veg period

Clones from the Cherry Bomb are growing very well since I moved them into the 3 gallon pots. Not as much root growth as I thought they should have when I transplanted them. More soil than roots so I had a bit of a mess with roots not binding the whole mass together, but its done and they don't seem any worse for ware. I move them all daily under the 1000W for 12 hrs then into veg room for another 6 at night under just 178w of florescent's when flower room lights are out.

Temps dropping outdoors now, first fkin snow fall of the season, just a dusting but its all fkin white and cold. If it wasn't for this hobby I'd be fked!. lol I don't do winters well and there's no carrot to get me through it this year, I'll just have to suffer through it.

Walking my cat Coal every day, out through the neighbour's old Christmas tree farm and work yard. We walk about 1km once or twice a day some days we'll do a mile if he decides to go right at the decisions point on our trail usually he turns left and heads towards home.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Weekly update Nov 9 1st week of flower, Good week for them all. New growth is healthy, water run off ph is climbing steadily now. My Cherry Bomb is looking good, I trimmed the effected leaves off through the week now there's not any signs of her previous problems.
I took a tape to her and she's about 24" tall 36" x 28" wide, I've got me a rectangle full of bud sites.

My Bubba Kush isn't as full and bushy as I'd like, I turned her to early for my liking but its done now so I'll get what I get.

The 2 KC39 are both filling in and bushed out okay for the short veg period

Clones from the Cherry Bomb are growing very well since I moved them into the 3 gallon pots. Not as much root growth as I thought they should have when I transplanted them. More soil than roots so I had a bit of a mess with roots not binding the whole mass together, but its done and they don't seem any worse for ware. I move them all daily under the 1000W for 12 hrs then into veg room for another 6 at night under just 178w of florescent's when flower room lights are out.

Temps dropping outdoors now, first fkin snow fall of the season, just a dusting but its all fkin white and cold. If it wasn't for this hobby I'd be fked!. lol I don't do winters well and there's no carrot to get me through it this year, I'll just have to suffer through it.

Walking my cat Coal every day, out through the neighbour's old Christmas tree farm and work yard. We walk about 1km once or twice a day some days we'll do a mile if he decides to go right at the decisions point on our trail usually he turns left and heads towards home.
Weekly update Nov 18, I'm running the flower room 8am-8pm. Without any fiddling my room temps are 78f lights on 68f lights off.
( thanks to Beachwalkers advice) I was letting it get down to 64f lights off. My humidity is down to 40% by lights on by 8 am and gets to 50% when lights are on through the day.

The 2 KC 39 starting to flower about 2 weeks since flipping them both stretched out about a foot now, should almost be done with that. They have smaller buds than on the Bubba Kush for now at least, first time with them so I don't know what to expect other than their website info.

The Bubba Kush I cut a bunch of fan leaves off to allow more light onto some of the bud sites and bent her over where I could, shes not as flexible as the KC39 and I don't want to snap anything off at this point.

My Cherry Bomb still have leaves on her that were effected by the low soil ph problem and I'm trimming them off as I go. Most of the effected leaves left now are under the canopy and not necessary anyways. The bud sites are small and I'm not expecting them the biggest buds I've grown but I should get a whole bunch of nice hard pine cones out of her.

2 of my Cherry Bomb clones are short & bushy from topping them a few times now and I tied down all their branches in a circle around the pot. (not in the pics) The other 2 I haven't topped yet and I'm not sure I will, they're not growing as fast as the first 2 and don't have the length on their branches to tie them down easily so I'll just let them grow for a bit longer before I play with them. I'm still moving them daily under the 1000w hps for 12 hrs then returning them to 178w t-8's for another 8 in the veg room.

Walking with my cat Coal in the neighbours yard

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice! that dolomites good stuff, see the difference! :) Sorry about the initial confusion on the temperature
Do you see on my first pic on this update that 1 yellowing leaf at the bottom? Would you say nitrogen deficiency?

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Weekly update Nov 18, I'm running the flower room 8am-8pm. Without any fiddling my room temps are 78f lights on 68f lights off.
( thanks to Beachwalkers advice) I was letting it get down to 64f lights off. My humidity is down to 40% by lights on by 8 am and gets to 50% when lights are on through the day.

The 2 KC 39 starting to flower about 2 weeks since flipping them both stretched out about a foot now, should almost be done with that. They have smaller buds than on the Bubba Kush for now at least, first time with them so I don't know what to expect other than their website info.

The Bubba Kush I cut a bunch of fan leaves off to allow more light onto some of the bud sites and bent her over where I could, shes not as flexible as the KC39 and I don't want to snap anything off at this point.

My Cherry Bomb still have leaves on her that were effected by the low soil ph problem and I'm trimming them off as I go. Most of the effected leaves left now are under the canopy and not necessary anyways. The bud sites are small and I'm not expecting them the biggest buds I've grown but I should get a whole bunch of nice hard pine cones out of her.

2 of my Cherry Bomb clones are short & bushy from topping them a few times now and I tied down all their branches in a circle around the pot. (not in the pics) The other 2 I haven't topped yet and I'm not sure I will, they're not growing as fast as the first 2 and don't have the length on their branches to tie them down easily so I'll just let them grow for a bit longer before I play with them. I'm still moving them daily under the 1000w hps for 12 hrs then returning them to 178w t-8's for another 8 in the veg room.

Walking with my cat Coal in the neighbours yard
Soo do use that boat/tug?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice! that dolomites good stuff, see the difference! :) Sorry about the initial confusion on the temperature
You set me staight on temps I picked up the low temp idea elsewhere. I'd though lower temps throughout the flower lights off and not just the last couple weeks. Then you turned me onto VPD lol . Wife says no more new gauges or gadgets til Christmas lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Soo do use that boat/tug?
No that's a lobster boat my neighbour owns, they used to own a marine equipment repair and sales shop, its something they just picked up along the way. I haven't been on a boat that size since I was a kid, I only do ferries now.

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

No that's a lobster boat my neighbour owns, they used to own a marine equipment repair and sales shop, its something they just picked up along the way. I haven't been on a boat that size since I was a kid, I only do ferries now.
Looks like a very nice place to live, your grow looks good!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looks like a very nice place to live, your grow looks good!!
I used to hate it here, moved here 25 years ago for the adventure of it. I've been bitching and complaining about the crap weather, shit services, 3rd world healthcare, length of time it takes to get anything ever since. Want a new couch? go to a store to pick it out they say sure you'll have it in 6-8 weeks it all comes out of Toronto or Vancouver.

I've now come to accept this with the help of heavy and frequent doses of cannabis and other mood calming meds. At times now I love it here and couldn't imagine moving into a city or 1st world province again with just too many people and traffic everywhere. I used to commute through a million people, 47 stop lights each way to work and back a 1.5 - 2 hr trip in and out. I now live where there's no stop lights for 70 km in any direction and there's not even 1 million people in the entire province. ( for the reasons I stated above I believe)' The summers here are pretty good except the humidity in the high 90% at 90f its a bit tough to take but I'd take that over the 8 months of crap weather that follows if I could year round.

I've told my son if I pass and your still here then take my ashes somewhere hot and sprinkle me there, he said sounds like the fire pit or furnace to me, sure no problem was his reply. lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If I'm honest I would say don't worry about one yellowing Leaf 🤣 you want to see yellow leaves I can show you a few, believe me! Your plants are beautiful man nice work!
No not worried at all just wondering if that is a sign of low nitrogen I see it from time to time I'm just wondering out loud if that's what it is.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I used to hate it here, moved here 25 years ago for the adventure of it. I've been bitching and complaining about the crap weather, shit services, 3rd world healthcare, length of time it takes to get anything ever since. Want a new couch? go to a store to pick it out they say sure you'll have it in 6-8 weeks it all comes out of Toronto or Vancouver.

I've now come to accept this with the help of heavy and frequent doses of cannabis and other mood calming meds. At times now I love it here and couldn't imagine moving into a city or 1st world province again with just too many people and traffic everywhere. I used to commute through a million people, 47 stop lights each way to work and back a 1.5 - 2 hr trip in and out. I now live where there's no stop lights for 70 km in any direction and there's not even 1 million people in the entire province. ( for the reasons I stated above I believe)' The summers here are pretty good except the humidity in the high 90% at 90f its a bit tough to take but I'd take that over the 8 months of crap weather that follows if I could year round.

I've told my son if I pass and your still here then take my ashes somewhere hot and sprinkle me there, he said sounds like the fire pit or furnace to me, sure no problem was his reply. lol

Thanks for reminding me why I left lol. Seriously though, Vancouver island man... All the benefits of rural small town living and none of the snow.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
intake is the flower room air now and I exhaust the veg room to another basement / workshop I have an oscillating fan and as i said light tight not air tight I hope I'm okay. Please don't make me have to buy something my wife will freak.

As long as you have plenty of fresh air coming into the flower room it should be fine, I only bring fresh air into my flower room and constantly circulate the air between the flower room and veg room.

Only thing I need to watch is feed rates on the vegging plants as I keep the flower room air pretty dry the last 4 weeks. Just cut back the calcium and drop ppm to .8-1 and everything stays happy.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I possibly may be moving out there in the next year or 2... will see. Fucking love it there though.

I wonder why everyone doesnt live here. Small scattered population, mountains and lakes everywhere, very pot friendly, very firearms friendly, fishing and hunting, backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, boating, hiking paradise..

It's all the best things about BC and very little of the bad.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I wonder why everyone doesnt live here. Small scattered population, mountains and lakes everywhere, very pot friendly, very firearms friendly, fishing and hunting, backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, boating, hiking paradise..

It's all the best things about BC and very little of the bad.
Until the fault line shifts and it falls into the ocean :/ But i agree there is just an immediate calm being out there. People are so different no rushing and relaxing they take quality of life very serious. A friend of mine says its kinda like California. The best part of it is Island time everything is on island time lol.

Top Bottom