PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

I wonder why everyone doesnt live here. Small scattered population, mountains and lakes everywhere, very pot friendly, very firearms friendly, fishing and hunting, backpacking, kayaking, mountain biking, boating, hiking paradise..

It's all the best things about BC and very little of the bad.
That sounds too liberal for the younger generation LOL🤔

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Until the fault line shifts and it falls into the ocean :/ But i agree there is just an immediate calm being out there. People are so different no rushing and relaxing they take quality of life very serious. A friend of mine says its kinda like California. The best part of it is Island time everything is on island time lol.

Yeah I dont worry about the fault line thing. Friend of mine moved to dawson he was so paranoid about it lol. If that's my time to go, when Vancouver island sinks into the ocean.. lol, well I guess it was my time.
Besides on the eastern shore of Vancouver island we are pretty well protected, the fault line threatens the west side and Tofino and Uculet, places like that. Our biggest threat here would be the Fraser river delta sluffing off the sediment bank. That could send us a few big waves.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I dont worry about the fault line thing. Friend of mine moved to dawson he was so paranoid about it lol. If that's my time to go, when Vancouver island sinks into the ocean.. lol, well I guess it was my time.
Besides on the eastern shore of Vancouver island we are pretty well protected, the fault line threatens the west side and Tofino and Uculet, places like that. Our biggest threat here would be the Fraser river delta sluffing off the sediment bank. That could send us a few big waves.

Unless the fault breaking sends earthquakes all the way to alaska as predicted.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Unless the fault breaking sends earthquakes all the way to alaska as predicted.

True. Still though I'm sure the odds of dying from something else is way higher.

Frankly I'm more concerned about magnetic pole reversal, Solar plasma discharges and associated global scale earth crust displacement if we are talking big geological causes of death lol. But also car accidents, other accidents, poisoning, cancer, or any of the thousands of ways people die every day. We're all gonna die. May as well live in Paradise until that happens.

V

Vondank420

it gives me over 2 extra days of growth compared to 18 hrs because from what I've learned plants need energy to grow and its provided by the light and plants don't need to sleep. Specially in early days, I can see the daily growth much more on 24 than 18 but I'm starting to think doing that for 3+ months is not a good idea. I end up with problems like I had this time. I've run into problems in the past and I'm going to go 18 now and see if it makes a difference.
Love the grow and plants look great. Flower sets look tasty as well.
I've done 24/7 veg in every method possible since 83' . Zero issues.(2cents)

Looking forward to future posts.
How about posting a pic or 2 of the pipes you make ??? Love hard carved wood....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

True. Still though I'm sure the odds of dying from something else is way higher.

Frankly I'm more concerned about magnetic pole reversal, Solar plasma discharges and associated global scale earth crust displacement if we are talking big geological causes of death lol. But also car accidents, other accidents, poisoning, cancer, or any of the thousands of ways people die every day. We're all gonna die. May as well live in Paradise until that happens.

I have been living in resort areas for over 20 years now.

Had mountains and ski resorts. Now have rivers, lakes, forest, dunes and an ocean called lake michigan.

Bexause of my stupid bulging disc i didnt get to the shoreline. Last week the ice formations were frozen right over the beach like frozen in time waves.

I wanted to take pics to post here. It is freakin amazing with the huge ice formations.

Any West Michigan folk take some pictures recently?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Love the grow and plants look great. Flower sets look tasty as well.
I've done 24/7 veg in every method possible since 83' . Zero issues.(2cents)

Looking forward to future posts.
How about posting a pic or 2 of the pipes you make ??? Love hard carved wood....
Make in past tense . I was making them prior to faux legalization, selling them to the dispensaries that popped up throughout Nova Scotia as a way to make a few bucks. Then it was faux legalized and they all shut down or got busted trying to stay open and the whole vibe changed. No longer were they spending freely and glad to have my stuff in their shops, they were nervous stocks were low and the customers had disappeared, sales stopped.

These are a pics of my fail wall & shop, its about 50 or so pipes that didn't make it for one reason or another mostly early days stuff. I wasn't failing as often and got into a rhythm making 5-6-7 a day the long ones went for $40 -$50 the small $15 - $20 but I was using specialty hardwoods woods and the wood was costing me half the price of the sale so not much profit. The pay was great though, I got to sample a whole whack of different product they were offering usually in the way of 50% cash 50% product. We were all happy, then they went and faux legalized it.

001   Copy
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks for reminding me why I left lol. Seriously though, Vancouver island man... All the benefits of rural small town living and none of the snow.
I lived in Victoria for a couple of years, Esquimalt to be exact, I work in Burrard Yarrows ship yard as an electrician, cutting the ferries in half and adding another deck. I got island fever, working on the ferries through the week then taking them back to Tsawwassen every few weeks to see family and friends in the lower mainland. It snowed above the Metchosin rain belt just out of Victoria once or twice a year. I also got stuck in a bad snow storm one year going over to Cortes island from Campbell river just about died. well real fking cold and slept in a stairwell till dawn.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Richmond will liquefy if a big one hits, then all the bad drivers will sink.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Richmond will liquefy if a big one hits, then all the bad drivers will sink.
X&%#$*&%$#@% I should follow that with aaaaarrrrrgggggggg, FUCK! While doing some work in my grow room I moved my water container to a new location up higher so I wouldn't have to lift it when I wanted water. I put up a new light to give me more light for pics ( thinking of you guys) and I noticed light shining through the water container and WTF is that the level was low and I saw something I didn't like on the inside of the container. I wrapped a paper towel around a stick and whipped off what looks like oil ( I'm not getting it analyzed) or other black shit. It had to be leaching into my water for months causing all sorts of problems. No wonder I'm having trouble with seedlings and clones, spots on my leaves wrinkled and twisted growth I've been poisoning them with who knows what toxins. Well hopefully this helps my future grows now that I'll be growing with uncontaminated water fk,fk,fk,fk,fkfk,fk

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
X&%#$*&%$#@% I should follow that with aaaaarrrrrgggggggg, FUCK! While doing some work in my grow room I moved my water container to a new location up higher so I wouldn't have to lift it when I wanted water. I put up a new light to give me more light for pics ( thinking of you guys) and I noticed light shining through the water container and WTF is that the level was low and I saw something I didn't like on the inside of the container. I wrapped a paper towel around a stick and whipped off what looks like oil ( I'm not getting it analyzed) or other black shit. It had to be leaching into my water for months causing all sorts of problems. No wonder I'm having trouble with seedlings and clones, spots on my leaves wrinkled and twisted growth I've been poisoning them with who knows what toxins. Well hopefully this helps my future grows now that I'll be growing with uncontaminated water fk,fk,fk,fk,fkfk,fk

Yikes! Is that supposed to be just regular water or nutrient solution? Looks dark in the container.

But yeah man black oily shit cant be a good thing. What's it smell like?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yikes! Is that supposed to be just regular water or nutrient solution? Looks dark in the container.

But yeah man black oily shit cant be a good thing. What's it smell like?
I not smelling it, That's a smell my finger kinda thing right? lol I bleached the container after I bought it I washed it well and I was sure it was clean. So sure I haven't looked at it even when I was having leaf issues I was sure my water was good. Until today I lifted the jug and under the light I saw ugly. I'm surprised my plants are doing as well as they are considering. FK but I now have a good idea why those leaf issue have been showing up. I'd been using 1 gallon jugs storing 10 at a time then I picked up that container to simplify things. I guess that $4.99 jug -30% seniors discount wasn't such a good deal after all.🙄

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I not smelling it, That's a smell my finger kinda thing right? lol I bleached the container after I bought it I washed it well and I was sure it was clean. So sure I haven't looked at it even when I was having leaf issues I was sure my water was good. Until today I lifted the jug and under the light I saw ugly. I'm surprised my plants are doing as well as they are considering. FK but I now have a good idea why those leaf issue have been showing up. I'd been using 1 gallon jugs storing 10 at a time then I picked up that container to simplify things. I guess that $4.99 jug -30% seniors discount wasn't such a good deal after all.🙄
Here we go again, Fk another bad day in the grow room, sometimes I can't catch a break. I should have known better, cheap cheap cheap cheap fks me again. I was desperate to get seeds going and they kept failing for some reason and I used a bunch of old seeds from a hermied Bubba Kush, I had 2 generations of hermied seeds. The first gen produced nice plants with maybe a dozen seeds in a plant, I could live with that but I fked up ( as per usual ) and mixed up first gen and second gen. Second gen was a disaster with more seed than bud. Again.
Any ways I had 1 Cherry Bomb about a month old ( a survivour ) and used seeds from what I had just to get something going. Well short story long I got a surprise hermied Bubba growing / dead. I cut her fking head off, bitch. Any idea what I can do with her corpse after only 3 weeks in flower?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Here we go again, Fk another bad day in the grow room, sometimes I can't catch a break. I should have known better, cheap cheap cheap cheap fks me again. I was desperate to get seeds going and they kept failing for some reason and I used a bunch of old seeds from a hermied Bubba Kush, I had 2 generations of hermied seeds. The first gen produced nice plants with maybe a dozen seeds in a plant, I could live with that but I fked up ( as per usual ) and mixed up first gen and second gen. Second gen was a disaster with more seed than bud. Again.
Any ways I had 1 Cherry Bomb about a month old ( a survivour ) and used seeds from what I had just to get something going. Well short story long I got a surprise hermied Bubba growing / dead. I cut her fking head off, bitch. Any idea what I can do with her corpse after only 3 weeks in flower?
I've been reading some posts about 11/13 cycle being a good way to increase tricomes and terpene production during late flowering so I'll jump on that wagon and I set my timer accordingly. I hope this isn't another thing I should have read the entire article and not just skip through reading bits and pieces.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Funny enough I can now close the door all the way now with my daytime plants in there as well now.
I joined into a solo cup challenge with some Chemdog seeds I got from a friend. I'm not sure what to expect, I just killed 6 out of 7 sprouts with my bad water, Now that I have that figured out I'll try 7 more. I should be able to grow big healthy monsters now 🙄, seeing as I was growing them with poisonous water and I didn't kill them all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom