PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been lurking on the edges here for a while but I guess it's time I jumped in. Now that we're allowed to grow 4 plants, that's how many I'll be growing and trying to grow perpetually it's going to be a bitch to stay within those rules. I've been growing for years (I'm 67) with limited success, lots of issues, a lot of which I can contribute to a term I read here couch locked and no where I could get help openly when issues did arrive. I even avoided places like this with my not going to track me paranoia.

Okay on with the diary. I'm having a rough start to this next grow, I've had multiple seedling failures. I have a bunch of seeds from a few hermied Bubba Kushes I grew & 2 Cherry Bomb seeds I already had. I germinated the 2 Cherry Bomb and 6 BBK both CB & 4 BBK cracked I planted them when long enough in Pro mix (as per usual) both CB sprouted up but only BBK popped though and the others just sat there and eventually died as did 1 CB and the other BBK for some fkn reason. Okay I have more seeds I germinated 10 planted 4 none came up WTF now? So here I am with 1 Cherry Bomb plant growing nicely (pics coming) and no sisters to grow with her. I'm going for some Spring water like the seed companies recommend, I've been using my well water for years with no problems but WTFK's but I'll try some fancy store bought water I guess.

My last grow is just finishing off with great success ( for me any ways) I grew 2 Cherry Bomb,1 Bubba Kush and 3 mystery girls I got from seeds a friend from the west coast sent me, I've been calling Galiano candy popcorn but fk it I now proclaim it to be Galiano Candy lol like anybody cares.

The pics that follow are
1. Back door entrance into my den
2.From the door down into 15'x10' room with a 5'x6' work space / storage at the bottom of the steps. I only have 5' below the lights though. A room for short people, you'd be banging your head, with duct work its down below 5' in some areas of this room but it's up around the back and out of the way.
3. Flower room door open
4. Flower room 1000 watt hps
5.Veg room closed with plant calanders
6. Galiano Candy @ 5 weeks of flower
7. Close up of GC nice bud @ 5 weeks
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9 Galiano Candy week 8
10 Cherry Bomb and Galiano Candy
11.Bubba Kush week 8
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9.Galiano Candy week 8
10 .Bubba Kush 7 weeks
11. Galiano Candy

Pipecarvers nova scotian grow den
Pipecarvers nova scotian grow den 2
Pipecarvers nova scotian grow den 3
Pipecarvers nova scotian grow den 4
Pipecarvers nova scotian grow den 5
Cb 1 2 gt g1 g2
G1 bigbud
G1 full plant
Nicepic
G2 week8bigbud
Bbkush close up frosty
G2redcup week8
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking great man. A little overferted but not bad, should be a decent harvest. Do you have holes drilled in the bottom of those pails?

And I love the blue house man, so very Nova Scotian. I'm from Pictou County myself, the land of the worlds best pizza and equally fine donairs haha.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Things look excellent! What growing medium did you use?
Hi, Pro mix, I think there's more than one version of that brand. I don't follow the numbers and mixes. I bought this sht at Costco said Pro-Mix so I bought it cheap. I didn't have any issues with my sprouts before this bag and I'm starting to wonder if I should try them in peat pods again which I'm not fond of either. I use General hydroponics Grow,Micro,Bloom & Kool Bloom for nutrients.

lol Over fed, was that directed at me or the plants? You're right either way I was just wondering what prompted that? The leaves on the Cherry Bomb or the Galiano Candy? I have a fk of a time keeping it all straight I think it had to do with how I designated them. With me using GC1 _GC2_GBT_CB1_CB2 & M. I'm going to blame it on smoking before feeding ( both applies there too) and transposing my CB's with my G's and feeding GC1 when I should have fed CB1 or Alzheimer's/ old age, Fk I just fed a GC without ph ing the mix and I know its down near 5.80 as a guess I'd like to have upped it bit.
Okay time to walk the Cat.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been lurking on the edges here for a while but I guess it's time I jumped in. Now that we're allowed to grow 4 plants, that's how many I'll be growing and trying to grow perpetually it's going to be a bitch to stay within those rules. I've been growing for years (I'm 67) with limited success, lots of issues, a lot of which I can contribute to a term I read here couch locked and no where I could get help openly when issues did arrive. I even avoided places like this with my not going to track me paranoia.

Okay on with the diary. I'm having a rough start to this next grow, I've had multiple seedling failures. I have a bunch of seeds from a few hermied Bubba Kushes I grew & 2 Cherry Bomb seeds I already had. I germinated the 2 Cherry Bomb and 6 BBK both CB & 4 BBK cracked I planted them when long enough in Pro mix (as per usual) both CB sprouted up but only BBK popped though and the others just sat there and eventually died as did 1 CB and the other BBK for some fkn reason. Okay I have more seeds I germinated 10 planted 4 none came up WTF now? So here I am with 1 Cherry Bomb plant growing nicely (pics coming) and no sisters to grow with her. I'm going for some Spring water like the seed companies recommend, I've been using my well water for years with no problems but WTFK's but I'll try some fancy store bought water I guess.

My last grow is just finishing off with great success ( for me any ways) I grew 2 Cherry Bomb,1 Bubba Kush and 3 mystery girls I got from seeds a friend from the west coast sent me, I've been calling Galiano candy popcorn but fk it I now proclaim it to be Galiano Candy lol like anybody cares.

The pics that follow are
1. Back door entrance into my den
2.From the door down into 15'x10' room with a 5'x6' work space / storage at the bottom of the steps. I only have 5' below the lights though. A room for short people, you'd be banging your head, with duct work its down below 5' in some areas of this room but it's up around the back and out of the way.
3. Flower room door open
4. Flower room 1000 watt hps
5.Veg room closed with plant calanders
6. Galiano Candy @ 5 weeks of flower
7. Close up of GC nice bud @ 5 weeks
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9 Galiano Candy week 8
10 Cherry Bomb and Galiano Candy
11.Bubba Kush week 8
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9.Galiano Candy week 8
10 .Bubba Kush 7 weeks
11. Galiano Candy
This is the only plant to make it so far this year. Cherry Bomb, it's a small more delicate looking plant than the Bubba Kush I've grown with their big fat leaves but they grow up nicely and have a nice sweet smell to them. This lucky girl gets 12 hrs of outside daylight and 12 hrs of 1000 watt hps because my Veg room is temporarily my drying room.

In desperation I chopped 1 CB at 8 weeks, not quite ready but it was either that or go smokeless. Now I can let the girls I have left to ripen nicely without me pilfering from them.. I also chopped my Bubba kush after 8.5 weeks yesterday so in another few weeks the last of this grow will be done I hope, if these GC I have left will frost up , so far not many trichomes or smell to them.

I'm germinating about 20 more seeds 10 soaking directly onto paper towel and 10 soaking overnight with Spring water, I went all out with this facy water another $2.25 wasted if I have don't have success with these seeds. I'm hoping this time I can get at least 3 up and growing. My luck now will be having them all germinate and I hate throwing out healthy sprouts.

CB3 pic
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is the only plant to make it so far this year. Cherry Bomb, it's a small more delicate looking plant than the Bubba Kush I've grown with their big fat leaves but they grow up nicely and have a nice sweet smell to them. This lucky girl gets 12 hrs of outside daylight and 12 hrs of 1000 watt hps because my Veg room is temporarily my drying room.

In desperation I chopped 1 CB at 8 weeks, not quite ready but it was either that or go smokeless. Now I can let the girls I have left to ripen nicely without me pilfering from them.. I also chopped my Bubba kush after 8.5 weeks yesterday so in another few weeks the last of this grow will be done I hope, if these GC I have left will frost up , so far not many trichomes or smell to them.

I'm germinating about 20 more seeds 10 soaking directly onto paper towel and 10 soaking overnight with Spring water, I went all out with this facy water another $2.25 wasted if I have don't have success with these seeds. I'm hoping this time I can get at least 3 up and growing. My luck now will be having them all germinate and I hate throwing out healthy sprouts.
Fkin seeds of the 10 in the cup then onto paper towel 1 has cracked of the 10 straight into paper towel 1 has cracked after 4 days now. My experience says if they don't crack early they're not going to crack! fk I'll keep them damp and hope for the best but fk. It looks like I wasted another $2 on that fancy bottled water too fk! I'll plant the 2 that cracked in peat pods this time (another fk) and blow a bong load ( or 2) of smoke over them in ceremonial homage to the pot god and hope for his blessing fk I need a smoke!

The Cherry Bomb I cut is now smokeable, at least the small popcorn buds are. Nice sweet taste and smell, not a real hard heavy buzz to it but enough to get me going in the morning.
The Bubba Kush is drying nicely it's very dense and is going to take a few days more before I'll sample her.

I took my cat out for a walk through the woods again early this morning after a couple of bong loads It has become a regular routine with us since the weather got better early June. We've slowly expanded our walk to where we are now hiking out through a neighbors Christmas tree farm and his cut lines about a mile round trip loop. We'll go out once twice or three times a day I'll have to take the camera out early tomorrow with us.

My pipe carver moniker is from a previous life, I was making and selling them to all the dispensaries and paraphernalia shops in the province but since they legalized pot those shops are now closed and some busted so the pipe biz is no more. I use a bong now anyways the pipe smoke got too heavy on my lungs. I should now use CatWalker as my new handle I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be taken yet and it would be more apt to my present day occupation.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Fkin seeds of the 10 in the cup then onto paper towel 1 has cracked of the 10 straight into paper towel 1 has cracked after 4 days now. My experience says if they don't crack early they're not going to crack! fk I'll keep them damp and hope for the best but fk. It looks like I wasted another $2 on that fancy bottled water too fk! I'll plant the 2 that cracked in peat pods this time (another fk) and blow a bong load ( or 2) of smoke over them in ceremonial homage to the pot god and hope for his blessing fk I need a smoke!

The Cherry Bomb I cut is now smokeable, at least the small popcorn buds are. Nice sweet taste and smell, not a real hard heavy buzz to it but enough to get me going in the morning.
The Bubba Kush is drying nicely it's very dense and is going to take a few days more before I'll sample her.

I took my cat out for a walk through the woods again early this morning after a couple of bong loads It has become a regular routine with us since the weather got better early June. We've slowly expanded our walk to where we are now hiking out through a neighbors Christmas tree farm and his cut lines about a mile round trip loop. We'll go out once twice or three times a day I'll have to take the camera out early tomorrow with us.

My pipe carver moniker is from a previous life, I was making and selling them to all the dispensaries and paraphernalia shops in the province but since they legalized pot those shops are now closed and some busted so the pipe biz is no more. I use a bong now anyways the pipe smoke got too heavy on my lungs. I should now use CatWalker as my new handle I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be taken yet and it would be more apt to my present day occupation.
Yesterday we turned left and took some pics along the shore, today we turned right 1st pics is a mile down the road 2nd 2 miles 3rd pic Oak Island then Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks area / Lunenburg & the Lunenburg elementary school.

Chester Basin
WS2
Oak island1
Mahone Bay
Blue Rocks 1
Blue Rocks 2
Blue Rocks 1
Blue Rocks 3
Blue Rocks dock
BR estuary
Lunenburg School
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Beautiful province. I wish I had of lived down that way instead of in greasy ol' pictou county. The whole lower half of the sock is gorgeous.. up around the ankle though... lol. It had its charms I suppose but nothing like the lower half of the province.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

mannnnn Nova Scotia is beautiful.. i grew up in PEI myself, love the Maritimes! gonna move back someday for sure. very nice plants as well man! love being able to grow legally now.. if you want to grow more however there are a few consulting services here in canada now that can fast track you to a ACMPR growing license,.. i was able to get a license for 35 plants for 200 dollars.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yesterday we turned left and took some pics along the shore, today we turned right 1st pics is a mile down the road 2nd 2 miles 3rd pic Oak Island then Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks area / Lunenburg & the Lunenburg elementary school.
Aug 18 Stripped Cherry Bomb 2 and moved her to dry room. A couple of pics of her stripped naked with her bra off so this old lady is all hanging out there. Week 9 +2days

100 3098
CB naked bra off
CCherry Bomb big bud
CB nice bud
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
mannnnn Nova Scotia is beautiful.. i grew up in PEI myself, love the Maritimes! gonna move back someday for sure. very nice plants as well man! love being able to grow legally now.. if you want to grow more however there are a few consulting services here in canada now that can fast track you to a ACMPR growing license,.. i was able to get a license for 35 plants for 200 dollars.
Hi, thanks for the info on a grow license. I doubt they'll track me down for my feeble little grow. I have more failures than successes. I've kept my self off government data bases for 67 years now lol and I don't feel like breaking that string. I've been able to grow legally for some 10-15 years for medical reasons. Arthritis took me out about 15 years ago and then they had me wired on narcotics . Finely got my second hip done 3 years ago and I'm a walking talking human again. Government would look pretty sad busting an old cripple because I'm a couple of plants over the letter of the law. I've only ever grown for myself and other than my son you folks out here are the only ones that know so shhhhhh, I'm trying to keep this quiet.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Galiano Candy naked @10 weeks
I've split this new Cherry Bomb twice now and bent over her 4 stalks last night.
I staked the four stalks over last night and its all perked up this morning.

I'm not having any luck with seeds. I planted 6 sprouts in peat pods that I very lightly fed. All 6 came up and split open revealing its 2 primary leaves but only 1 has secondary leaves visible after 2 days of opening. I've seen this before with these seeds and nothing develops eventually they die with the 2 open primary leaves. lol I'll never learn time for new seeds fk. If I don't get anymore seeds going soon I'll have to veg this lonely little girl for months. I don't want to flower this 1 plant under my 1000 watt light.

Cherry Bomb 3
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I staked the four stalks over last night and its all perked up this morning.

I'm not having any luck with seeds. I planted 6 sprouts in peat pods that I very lightly fed. All 6 came up and split open revealing its 2 primary leaves but only 1 has secondary leaves visible after 2 days of opening. I've seen this before with these seeds and nothing develops eventually they die with the 2 open primary leaves. lol I'll never learn time for new seeds fk. If I don't get anymore seeds going soon I'll have to veg this lonely little girl for months. I don't want to flower this 1 plant under my 1000 watt light.
Added a bit of protection for her in my folk art greenhouse. Gotta protect against the bugs!

Bug 1
Bug hand
Bug
Greenhouse
Greenhouse1
Greenhouseopen
Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Hi, Pro mix, I think there's more than one version of that brand. I don't follow the numbers and mixes. I bought this sht at Costco said Pro-Mix so I bought it cheap. I didn't have any issues with my sprouts before this bag and I'm starting to wonder if I should try them in peat pods again which I'm not fond of either. I use General hydroponics Grow,Micro,Bloom & Kool Bloom for nutrients.

lol Over fed, was that directed at me or the plants? You're right either way I was just wondering what prompted that? The leaves on the Cherry Bomb or the Galiano Candy? I have a fk of a time keeping it all straight I think it had to do with how I designated them. With me using GC1 _GC2_GBT_CB1_CB2 & M. I'm going to blame it on smoking before feeding ( both applies there too) and transposing my CB's with my G's and feeding GC1 when I should have fed CB1 or Alzheimer's/ old age, Fk I just fed a GC without ph ing the mix and I know its down near 5.80 as a guess I'd like to have upped it bit.
Okay time to walk the Cat.
Hey old dude, I old grandma here.... label your stuff goofball, then u can just read....I a noob on 2 grow. Still having some issues. Bet u have good temp control and humidity there.... I am alway fighting high temps and 40 and lower humidity ... I I side grow only. I can have 6 plants and 10 little ones but only have my 3 growing now . Do u use perlite ,,,have learned that helps soil a lot making it fluffy and easy for roots to grow. I always use distilled water, not cheap but no bad either.. I am mostly edible some little smoke Lung problems...but u look like u know some good info and these people will set u straight..😉😎

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey old dude, I old grandma here.... label your stuff goofball, then u can just read....I a noob on 2 grow. Still having some issues. Bet u have good temp control and humidity there.... I am alway fighting high temps and 40 and lower humidity ... I I side grow only. I can have 6 plants and 10 little ones but only have my 3 growing now . Do u use perlite ,,,have learned that helps soil a lot making it fluffy and easy for roots to grow. I always use distilled water, not cheap but no bad either.. I am mostly edible some little smoke Lung problems...but u look like u know some good info and these people will set u straight..😉😎
Well greetings old Grandma, my wife doesn't partake in the pleasure of weed, a teetotaler if you will. Perilite comes in the ProMix soil I buy and I use well water, distilled would cost me way too much. I've never tried edibles other than having to eat my hash stash once when we got pulled over. I can't say I enjoyed it and thought it was a waste of good hash. I now use a bong, my pipes were killing me with too much tar.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Well greetings old Grandma, my wife doesn't partake in the pleasure of weed, a teetotaler if you will. Perilite comes in the ProMix soil I buy and I use well water, distilled would cost me way too much. I've never tried edibles other than having to eat my hash stash once when we got pulled over. I can't say I enjoyed it and thought it was a waste of good hash. I now use a bong, my pipes were killing me with too much tar.
Well if u can get past the taste, I just mix cannabutter and peanut butter and follow with something that taste good and I am nicely toasted all day ✨😊I used a bong for years, was my preference but can’t breath so edibles for me it is...my other half doesn't either..lol 😊

Top Bottom