PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What's the idea behind using baking soda and lemon juice in the second dunk?
One balances the other for ph & both have cleaning & sterilizing abilities & I think to wash any peroxide residue off as well. I got it off YT with one of the the old kings of cannabis Jorge Cervantes & a couple of other guys that used the same formula so eh it works and I like the results. They may lose some color...it seems to dull the shine on it ( if that's the right words) but " its all mine, mine I say ) And it don't matter if its pretty its getting smoked.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes..a cleaner smoke with less cough, dust & hairs taste like shit, washing cleans that up.
Huh.. I'll give it a shot on a few branches. My room is ventilated, and even though I use a filtrete 1900 furnace filter on the Intake I notice my fan blades get pretty dirty between cycles. Often made me wonder how dirty the buds really are.
I think ill skip the peroxide bath though as I'd be concerned about oxidizing the resin.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i think I may have washed to vigorously I used my new usb microscope and I can see some damage to the trich's I think it should be a gentler wash than I gave them.
Fk , Fk, Fk, Fk ...Last night I put them to bed in the flower room to start flowering day 1. I woke up this morning and my baby was gone!

I checked in the morning and no light...??? wtf....timer?....lamp?.....oh no the fking ballast isn't working.....back into veg room with them and now I need a new fking ballast ,,,not even 2 years old. Hydro store I go to is out of town and we're on lock down,,,they want $250....another hydro store in the valley wants $350...fk me....Amazon wants $129.00 I ordered one.....not in stock won't be delivered until May 28th...fk..cancel order order another one for $149...no delivery until May 12 -20th...So much for 2 day Prime....Fk now I have to veg and keep my clones in the same little space....fk,fk,fk,fk ! ....This also mean finishing near the end of July....fk fk fkf fk hot humid 95 @ 95% ..fk.fk fk fk another $400 or more on a fking air conditioner,,,I was hoping to by flowering earlier I could avoid buying one..now there's no choice.... I woke up this morning and my baby was gone

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fk , Fk, Fk, Fk ...Last night I put them to bed in the flower room to start flowering day 1. I woke up this morning and my baby was gone!

I checked in the morning and no light...??? wtf....timer?....lamp?.....oh no the fking ballast isn't working.....back into veg room with them and now I need a new fking ballast ,,,not even 2 years old. Hydro store I go to is out of town and we're on lock down,,,they want $250....another hydro store in the valley wants $350...fk me....Amazon wants $129.00 I ordered one.....not in stock won't be delivered until May 28th...fk..cancel order order another one for $149...no delivery until May 12 -20th...So much for 2 day Prime....Fk now I have to veg and keep my clones in the same little space....fk,fk,fk,fk ! ....This also mean finishing near the end of July....fk fk fkf fk hot humid 95 @ 95% ..fk.fk fk fk another $400 or more on a fking air conditioner,,,I was hoping to by flowering earlier I could avoid buying one..now there's no choice.... I woke up this morning and my baby was gone

sorry bro. That sucks. Stuff is out of stock all over.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Piper check messages
All is good now, lights on girls are happy. I just have to vent over Amazon 2 day delivery. I ordered a Ballast, some new t5 tubes and an infrared thermometer ( thanks for that Aquaman..another tool ) I received an invoice for 1 item today..a single 2' t5 tube...I ordered 2 but delivery on this 2 day Prime.2 day delivery..= 2 weeks? No remorse or apology for sloppy work just business as usual for big business...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
All is good now, lights on girls are happy. I just have to vent over Amazon 2 day delivery. I ordered a Ballast, some new t5 tubes and an infrared thermometer ( thanks for that Aquaman..another tool ) I received an invoice for 1 item today..a single 2' t5 tube...I ordered 2 but delivery on this 2 day Prime.2 day delivery..= 2 weeks? No remorse or apology for sloppy work just business as usual for big business...
May 18th Here we go again with the FK FK FK, went down to my room this morning and the lights were off WTF now.....The Ballast has blown ! power is on fuses are good but my 2-3 day old ballast is fking dead! WTF now? 1 week into flower with an intermittent light schedule because of lighting problems and now 8-10 days for a replacement ballast.

I had borrowed a ballast from a member here and I'm not wanting to blow his up too so until I can get a good surge protector. What else can it be? Why do ballast blow? I hope it was just this string of bad luck and it was a faulty ballast but 2 ballast in 2 weeks is a bit much. My elect seems good, I wired in a new circuit off the sub panel so I know that done right and everything is tight but our old home has some funky wiring I don't want to start messing with. Our whole house needs an upgrade and a rewire .

My Gorilla clones are now 3 months old & stretching out because of going into flower and now I have them back under the T5's until I can get another ballast. What now? back into veg for 8-10 days ( up to Amazon at this point ) or flower under the T5's until I get the new ballast in? Fk Fk Fk Fk....Gremlins!

Gorilla clones & some Cheese Berry Auto's. I put 10 seeds in to pop 5 came up so I'm popping a few more. Not being sexed I'd like 10 to start. I only want 4 Gorilla clones to grow so I cut a dozen just to make sure...lol....I have a hard time throwing out well growing plants so with all 12 still looking like they're going to make it I'll probably get overwhelmed again this year....Aren't we supposed to live and learn?.....

We were also in a flu exposure site, shopping for groceries ...We had to go in and get tested again...came back negative this morning. whew! We don't need that shit in our lives.

100 5480
100 5483
100 5490
100 5491
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 18th Here we go again with the FK FK FK, went down to my room this morning and the lights were off WTF now.....The Ballast has blown ! power is on fuses are good but my 2-3 day old ballast is fking dead! WTF now? 1 week into flower with an intermittent light schedule because of lighting problems and now 8-10 days for a replacement ballast.

I had borrowed a ballast from a member here and I'm not wanting to blow his up too so until I can get a good surge protector. What else can it be? Why do ballast blow? I hope it was just this string of bad luck and it was a faulty ballast but 2 ballast in 2 weeks is a bit much. My elect seems good, I wired in a new circuit off the sub panel so I know that done right and everything is tight but our old home has some funky wiring I don't want to start messing with. Our whole house needs an upgrade and a rewire .

My Gorilla clones are now 3 months old & stretching out because of going into flower and now I have them back under the T5's until I can get another ballast. What now? back into veg for 8-10 days ( up to Amazon at this point ) or flower under the T5's until I get the new ballast in? Fk Fk Fk Fk....Gremlins!

Gorilla clones & some Cheese Berry Auto's. I put 10 seeds in to pop 5 came up so I'm popping a few more. Not being sexed I'd like 10 to start. I only want 4 Gorilla clones to grow so I cut a dozen just to make sure...lol....I have a hard time throwing out well growing plants so with all 12 still looking like they're going to make it I'll probably get overwhelmed again this year....Aren't we supposed to live and learn?.....

We were also in a flu exposure site, shopping for groceries ...We had to go in and get tested again...came back negative this morning. whew! We don't need that shit in our lives.
May 27. problem Identified. what a fkin week! My light hangs vertically and is suspended by a bolt in the center of the cover to an octagon junction box. That bolt was 2" long inside the cover, and was just above the connector tube to the lamp socket. The wires leading from the lamp were pinched between the connector and the bolt. Every time the reflector was turned or bumped I guess it slowly wore through and eventually causing a short.

Problem found or so I thought, I cut the bolt rewired the socket with new wire and connected it up to the short extension wire with a male end on it I use to connect to the female ballast extension . I plugged it all in and turned it on and nothing. wtf now? test,test,test. I ran power through everything I tested continuity where I couldn't use power and nothing I changed extension wires, finely I changed the short 8" extension wire from the octagon box and Let there be light....Finely....2 ballasts...hours of testing everything including this little wire that still rings good but not with the high voltage from the ballast.

So my girls went back to 18hrs of light, not knowing when I get it all fixed and when I could get a replacement ballast. We're on lock down, there is nowhere in our community that sells ballasts...even then though they're double - triple the price an hour away in Halifax than online. delivery is poor, I'm still waiting on 2 day delivery ordered a week ago and not yet shipped, expected date June 8

I called Amazon about a faulty ( oops) ballast and they offered me a replacement its still not here. I figured my problem may have been power surges ........... ( oops ) so I cancelled the replacement ballast and ordered a magnetic ballast kit. ( oops again ) I'd tossed my old Magnetic ballast housing case, base out. I have the lid.

Yesterday the new mag ballast kit came in so today I cut and banged out a new steel base to hold the components. Yesterday I looked around for aluminum sheets but I couldn't find anything. Because the top is aluminum and the base steel I'll get electrolysis between the 2 dissimilar metals if I don't isolate them with rubber gaskets. It's mostly done now, a bit of a hack job but its solid and works. I now just have to wire in the power and lamp extension wire into it and if I've done this right....I should have my light up and running again. with my ballast...

I got my 1st bug shot yesterday..Moderena.....my arm was sore yesterday afterwards and still tender today...I have my own pain relief .pics to come later

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 27. problem Identified. what a fkin week! My light hangs vertically and is suspended by a bolt in the center of the cover to an octagon junction box. That bolt was 2" long inside the cover, and was just above the connector tube to the lamp socket. The wires leading from the lamp were pinched between the connector and the bolt. Every time the reflector was turned or bumped I guess it slowly wore through and eventually causing a short.

Problem found or so I thought, I cut the bolt rewired the socket with new wire and connected it up to the short extension wire with a male end on it I use to connect to the female ballast extension . I plugged it all in and turned it on and nothing. wtf now? test,test,test. I ran power through everything I tested continuity where I couldn't use power and nothing I changed extension wires, finely I changed the short 8" extension wire from the octagon box and Let there be light....Finely....2 ballasts...hours of testing everything including this little wire that still rings good but not with the high voltage from the ballast.

So my girls went back to 18hrs of light, not knowing when I get it all fixed and when I could get a replacement ballast. We're on lock down, there is nowhere in our community that sells ballasts...even then though they're double - triple the price an hour away in Halifax than online. delivery is poor, I'm still waiting on 2 day delivery ordered a week ago and not yet shipped, expected date June 8

I called Amazon about a faulty ( oops) ballast and they offered me a replacement its still not here. I figured my problem may have been power surges ........... ( oops ) so I cancelled the replacement ballast and ordered a magnetic ballast kit. ( oops again ) I'd tossed my old Magnetic ballast housing case, base out. I have the lid.

Yesterday the new mag ballast kit came in so today I cut and banged out a new steel base to hold the components. Yesterday I looked around for aluminum sheets but I couldn't find anything. Because the top is aluminum and the base steel I'll get electrolysis between the 2 dissimilar metals if I don't isolate them with rubber gaskets. It's mostly done now, a bit of a hack job but its solid and works. I now just have to wire in the power and lamp extension wire into it and if I've done this right....I should have my light up and running again. with my ballast...

I got my 1st bug shot yesterday..Moderena.....my arm was sore yesterday afterwards and still tender today...I have my own pain relief .pics to come later
Gorilla clones & Cheese Berry Auto's for my summer relief.

100 5495
100 5499
100 5500
100 5501b
100 5504
100 5505b
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I should have burnt the paint off...fk I'm smelling paint fumes....I'll have to disassemble and torch it off...a couple of hours but easier than building from scratch.
On the brighter side it works great minimal noise ( hmmmm) or heat it just stinks.

I've transplanted 6 auto's into 3/4 gallon pots. I keep hearing / reading that auto's don't like to be transplanted....They can't handle transplant shock...WTF...Shock is created through violence, who the fk beats their plants when transplanting? I gently place them in a hole made just for them, then tuck them in and say good night... just like with kids or in my case now cats but gently with music playing in the background and soft gentle words lol. I'm going to transplant them again maybe twice more just for spite but I'm going to see one way or the other whether its transplanting or violence being done to the plants that causes it. ............... Transplant shock.......SSssspittt. Ha ! We'll see.

Pics of my grow space, Flower room behind the Black curtain

100 5509
100 5510
100 5511
100 5515
100 5508
100 5517
100 5525
100 5524
100 5521
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I should have burnt the paint off...fk I'm smelling paint fumes....I'll have to disassemble and torch it off...a couple of hours but easier than building from scratch.
On the brighter side it works great minimal noise ( hmmmm) or heat it just stinks.

I've transplanted 6 auto's into 3/4 gallon pots. I keep hearing / reading that auto's don't like to be transplanted....They can't handle transplant shock...WTF...Shock is created through violence, who the fk beats their plants when transplanting? I gently place them in a hole made just for them, then tuck them in and say good night... just like with kids or in my case now cats but gently with music playing in the background and soft gentle words lol. I'm going to transplant them again maybe twice more just for spite but I'm going to see one way or the other whether its transplanting or violence being done to the plants that causes it. ............... Transplant shock.......SSssspittt. Ha ! We'll see.

1 day later is there any shock yet? ,,,,,nope not yet......maybe tomorrow lol....it looks like they've grown a bit overnight, last pic was yesterday

100 5527
100 5528
100 5529
100 5517
Rooke

Rooke

Glad you figured it out PC troubleshooting electrical shit can be a pain in the ass dissimilar metals as well. I hope you can revive your gals man! As far as autos and transplanting them go like you said make their mould with their pot and tuck them in and you’re golden bro! I do it that way with everything it’s time consuming but I’ve never had transplant shock that way kids gloves lol! Glad to see your rockin it again!!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 8th hot as hell 35+C the last 2 days It should return to 18-20C this week.

I had my son over and we put a few oz & Gorilla & some scruff I had through Bubble bags with ice. I'm not sure how much I should get after 3 washes
( only 2nd time using the bags) but it ain't much.

After the first wash I hung the ice bag in a clean bucket while collecting the resin. The color of the water in the bucket after dripping was purple. interesting. The collected resin went from light to dark purple with the lightest being the best.

I made a ball of mud today with the lowest grade resin...I'd like to say a temple ball but lol it's not close..I know the lowest grade is for eatables but I don't really eat them so I thought wtf...Now I know....I haven't tried smoking it yet but after about 15 hot rolls its still pretty dull and didn't bond right...too much plant matter. I'll smoke er anyways I took pics of the little shit ball...lol

I'm working on extending our cats play land / Ewok village now. I have my tools out and I'll get atter soon..35 was just too fkin hot to do much.

First wash,1st wash dripping.last wash collection,resin used for ball,ball, best resin, 2nd best, shit ball, extension with wire real I'll enclose and build another house on top

100 5536
100 5534
100 5538
WIN 20210605 20 02 38 Pro
WIN 20210608 17 48 18 Pro
WIN 20210605 19 55 54 Pro
WIN 20210605 19 54 48 Pro
100 5546
100 5542
100 5545
Moshmen

Moshmen

I transplant all autos with no issues ! Like ya said do it in a timely fashion and don’t beat the shit out of them ! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom