Planning Outdoor

• Thread starter McGoogler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McGoogler

McGoogler

Hi, I am trying to finish working out the details for an outdoor grow in northern maine. I would like to do 30 plants in 3foot holes in the ground. I've read a lot but am relatively inexperienced so I am open to any tips and feedback from experienced growers. Here is what I'm thinking right now:
Two parts soil to one part compost,
Something mixed in for aeration,
As much EWC as I can get from my 5 bins divided evenly,
About 10 gallons of rabbit poop divided evenly,
2 cups Peruvian seabird guano in each hole,
1 cup Mexican bat guano per hole,
Undetermined amount of kelp per hole.
Top dress: rabbit poop, Mexican bat guano, and EWC during veg., mulch with dead leaves.
Jamaican bat guano and EWC during flower.

Feed teas of EWC and kelp throughout with blackstrap molasses.

Any tips on cost efficient aeration of outdoor soil as well as anything I've got wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

purpnugz

purpnugz

30gal rule !!!
I do ocean forest w fruit and flower and before the flip add couple jobes fertilizer spikes to help last through bloom. You'll see a heavier yield with the jobes.

These ladies will be placed in 30g in a few weeks.

IMG 0948
IMG 0949
IMG 0950
IMG 0951
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Looks and sounds good to me. Rice hulls are cheap and easy to get for aeration. Large perlite is also very cheap and easy to get. I would use large perlite. Trace minerals are good to add to the soil as well. If your in a heavily clay are what can happen if you dig holes is all the water just collects at the bottom of the hole and create water issues. I would hire a bob cat and an operator for a day and just bust it out quick. It's amazing what those small machine can do in a day for a couple hundred bucks. Pot plants like wide holes. Hope some of that helps

purpnugz

purpnugz

Hi, I am trying to finish working out the details for an outdoor grow in northern maine. I would like to do 30 plants in 3foot holes in the ground. I've read a lot but am relatively inexperienced so I am open to any tips and feedback from experienced growers. Here is what I'm thinking right now:
Two parts soil to one part compost,
Something mixed in for aeration,
As much EWC as I can get from my 5 bins divided evenly,
About 10 gallons of rabbit poop divided evenly,
2 cups Peruvian seabird guano in each hole,
1 cup Mexican bat guano per hole,
Undetermined amount of kelp per hole.
Top dress: rabbit poop, Mexican bat guano, and EWC during veg., mulch with dead leaves.
Jamaican bat guano and EWC during flower.

Feed teas of EWC and kelp throughout with blackstrap molasses.

Any tips on cost efficient aeration of outdoor soil as well as anything I've got wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pertaining to your question Pumice works great at creating air pockets and retaining water and it doesn't degrade over time like perlite does.

McGoogler

McGoogler

Germination in a cup of water went incredibly fast. This is the setup I build for the cheap fluorescent light my grandma gave me. Lol. Most have sprouted now. It seems I may have planted the seeds too shallow but I'm hoping they can adapt accordingly. More to come.

IMG 20170405 141604
McGoogler

McGoogler

I'm having some early troubles that I did not encounter last year. Most of my seedlings seem to be kinds falling over and won't grow upright. Most of them have also not shed their shell yet and appear rather weak. I began adding willow water to the regular watering hoping to promote better root growth yesterday. Hoping I don't lose my plants. Any advice welcome.

purpnugz

purpnugz

I'm having some early troubles that I did not encounter last year. Most of my seedlings seem to be kinds falling over and won't grow upright. Most of them have also not shed their shell yet and appear rather weak. I began adding willow water to the regular watering hoping to promote better root growth yesterday. Hoping I don't lose my plants. Any advice welcome.
Any pics

Top Bottom