Plans for the new season

• Thread starter CollieMan760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CollieMan760

CollieMan760

I have some thoughts in mind on how to do it/where to do it/and what to use. I just figured there is a million different things i could learn through the farm. I just need help figuring out what will work for me. Keep in mind, this is what i plan to use. Im looking for helpful feedback. should i ditch some of this stuff? should i keep some stuff?

Materials:
  • 1 gallon felt grow bags for seedling/early veg stage and will transplant into 30gal​
  • 30 gallon felt grow bags.
  • 5kg bricks of "Roots Organics" 100%coco fiber
  • Couple bags of perlite
Nutes:
Depending on whether or not i learn how to mix up my own nutes, i will or will not be using Advanced Nutrients Organic line. I found a site that sells it fairly cheap. I am only resorting to this if i dont learn to mix it up myself.
Seeds:

I plan on using 2 different seed breeders gear. Id like to hear if youve had success or have failed using this gear. I chose these strains because they grow well outdoors and because i want to try the flavors out. i also plan to use the trim for a hash oil extraction run.
  • Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk, mostly indica
  • Reserva Privada Tangie, mostly sativa
  • Reserva Privada Purple OG#18, somewhat of a hybrid
Please comment, i would like this upcoming 2014 outdoor season to be as fruitful as possible. thank you and enjoy your evenings.

M

mcpuffin

Personally I would choose a mix with heavy on compost and coconut (obviously much more, but I'll let you figure that out) for an outdoor scenario, especailly if it's going to be somewhere warm. I think your choice of coconut and perlite will have you watering CONSTANTLY and using A LOT of nutes, which translates to a lot of expense. Look into a dry fertilizer such as Rainbow Mix or Dr. Earth, both of which will be easy and forgiving.

Make you own soil mix, would be what I recommend. Then it's just water and ACTs, super easy. There are many different routes you can take, and lots of information on this site to figure out what's best for you.

Baylife

Baylife

This is all my personal opinion...the seeds are kinda weak man. Granted I don't know your purpose for growing but I would assume general ascetics + odor and a big yield are among the desirable traits you prefer. Try out some of BOG's awesome seeds maybe some proven Cali Connection seeds. Greenhouse seeds are garbage also for the record.

Also advanced nutrients is kinda the capitalists dream come true in terms of nutrients. The boosters are spread out amongst many...many products.. If your gunna spend a boatload on nutrients and prefer chemical (opposed to organic or even semi organic) nutrients I would rock House and Garden....they know what they are doing and have been doing it for a long time. In the case of using house and garden I would use coco or a predominant coco blend opposed to soil.

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

Personally I would choose a mix with heavy on compost and coconut (obviously much more, but I'll let you figure that out) for an outdoor scenario, especailly if it's going to be somewhere warm. I think your choice of coconut and perlite will have you watering CONSTANTLY and using A LOT of nutes, which translates to a lot of expense. Look into a dry fertilizer such as Rainbow Mix or Dr. Earth, both of which will be easy and forgiving.

Make you own soil mix, would be what I recommend. Then it's just water and ACTs, super easy. There are many different routes you can take, and lots of information on this site to figure out what's best for you.
Now with dry ferts, do i simply apply to the top and water it in or should i premix it in a resevoir? and thanks for the reply.

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

This is all my personal opinion...the seeds are kinda weak man. Granted I don't know your purpose for growing but I would assume general ascetics + odor and a big yield are among the desirable traits you prefer. Try out some of BOG's awesome seeds maybe some proven Cali Connection seeds. Greenhouse seeds are garbage also for the record.

Also advanced nutrients is kinda the capitalists dream come true in terms of nutrients. The boosters are spread out amongst many...many products.. If your gunna spend a boatload on nutrients and prefer chemical (opposed to organic or even semi organic) nutrients I would rock House and Garden....they know what they are doing and have been doing it for a long time. In the case of using house and garden I would use coco or a predominant coco blend opposed to soil.
Haha thanks for the heads up on greenhouse seeds. ive heard from many people saying the same thing. I chose those seeds because a buddy of mine is going to take all my lower branch nugs and trim and make some extracts. i heard some good things on cali connection so ill give them a look. im not stuck on AN at all. i just have them in my back pocket in case i dont figure out how to mix my own nutes. thanks for the info Baylife

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

also Baylife, if you dont mind me asking, what nutes do you run in your outdoor garden? im not partial to any company yet only because i dont know enough.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're going to run chemical salt ferts, then there's no reason to pay AN prices for running an OD crop. What chem salts to recommend? Growmore would be one, Jack's is another I've seen that looks like it's got both a decent price point and range of ferts for sale.

M

mcpuffin

Now with dry ferts, do i simply apply to the top and water it in or should i premix it in a resevoir? and thanks for the reply.
Top dress with dry ferts then water in.

I know I suggested Rainbow Mix or Dr. Earth, but look into Perfect Blend, think they are from WA. It too is a dry fert, and its what I was using as a base (4-4-4, +mycos) indoors. Extremely cheap, and its orgainc. Think I was paying somewhere around $0.20/pound, however this was wholesale cost. A 50lb sack would last for at least two runs running 12+ lights

below frigid

below frigid

I might not use the 1 gallon "felt" bags. The 30's are fine to grow them out in but the roots get attached to the bags so transplanting will be a bitch to say the least. Better off using 1 gallon plastic pots for early vege

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey Collie are you doing a guerilla grow in the wilds of an illegal state or are these going to be back yard divas in a legal state?

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I like this mixing soil once and just watering throughout season and the mix kills it just checkout humboltlocals thread. This is a third of his size.
Plus caps beenies is my twist to it
It's organic man!
100 gallon smart pots

2 bales sunshine #4
2 cubic feet of nutri rich chicken poop
1.5 cubic feet earth worm castings
1.35 cubic ft perlite
6.5 pounds of steamed bone meal
5 pounds of kelp
5 pounds oyster shells
5 pounds dolomite lime
5 pounds gypsum

Mix well soak and let sit four to six week until internal temp is 80

Caps beenies once a week

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
It breaks down to 110 bucks a pot in my area. if your in Cali you would probably pay about 90. price is high as shit here.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I might not use the 1 gallon "felt" bags. The 30's are fine to grow them out in but the roots get attached to the bags so transplanting will be a bitch to say the least. Better off using 1 gallon plastic pots for early vege
...high man, for about $5.00 you can get yourself a roll of common landscapers fabric and just cut pieces and staple your own bags together, they wouldn't be strong enough for 3ogallons but for a transitional size they would work just fine and when it came time for up-potting you could just cut the 'bag' down the side and peel it away. (i re-used mine so i didn't cut them but this should give you the idea)

DSCI2514

DSCI2735

DSCI2461

peace, bozo

...btw, with this being outdoors i'd strongly recommend that you take the time to learn how to mix your own truly organic living soil, if you do you'll learn how to let mother nature feed your babies. ...keep in mind also that if you choose the chemical route the salts in the runoff can be dangerous to the indigenous flora. (and i hate recommending you go to the rag but you really should to take a look at HumboltLocal's work,...hell, here is a shot of him from RIU where he is active, i see now he is no longer active on the rag.

IMG 6955

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
...high man, for about $5.00 you can get yourself a roll of common landscapers fabric and just cut pieces and staple your own bags together, they wouldn't be strong enough for 3ogallons but for a transitional size they would work just fine and when it came time for up-potting you could just cut the 'bag' down the side and peel it away. (i re-used mine so i didn't cut them but this should give you the idea)

View attachment 377087

View attachment 377088

View attachment 377089
peace, bozo

...btw, with this being outdoors i'd strongly recommend that you take the time to learn how to mix your own truly organic living soil, if you do you'll learn how to let mother nature feed your babies. ...keep in mind also that if you choose the chemical route the salts in the runoff can be dangerous to the indigenous flora. (and i hate recommending you go to the rag but you really should to take a look at HumboltLocal's work,...hell, here is a shot of him from RIU where he is active, i see now he is no longer active on the rag.

View attachment 377091

Man every time I see those monsters I get the itch to do out door again love it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

View attachment 377087

View attachment 377088

View attachment 377089
peace, bozo

View attachment 377091
HL did a thread here, too. :)

jaredman

jaredman

humboldt local used fox farm nutes he said not organic. I would look into x-nutrients if you want a reasonable priced fert. It works amazingly, I personally used it last year on my outdoor girls along with microbial teas and guanos and fish and kelp. The x-nutrients are only like 225$ for fifteen gallons, about the cheapest you can find. look into it online and call them they can direct you to a local retailer that carries their products. xnutrients.com

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

Thanks for the tip!
Hey Collie are you doing a guerilla grow in the wilds of an illegal state or are these going to be back yard divas in a legal state?
These will be done in a private backyard in CA s yeah, its legal!

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

I like this mixing soil once and just watering throughout season and the mix kills it just checkout humboltlocals thread. This is a third of his size.
Plus caps beenies is my twist to it
It's organic man!
100 gallon smart pots

2 bales sunshine #4
2 cubic feet of nutri rich chicken poop
1.5 cubic feet earth worm castings
1.35 cubic ft perlite
6.5 pounds of steamed bone meal
5 pounds of kelp
5 pounds oyster shells
5 pounds dolomite lime
5 pounds gypsum

Mix well soak and let sit four to six week until internal temp is 80

Caps beenies once a week
Awesome info Dre, this is the reason I joined the farm. who makes caps bennies? sorry if that was a stupid question

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

View attachment 377087

View attachment 377088

View attachment 377089
peace, bozo

View attachment 377091
I intend to learn how to mix up organic mixes. I was just feeling like the season was gonna be here and I wouldn't be ready. that is a monster plant by the way! that gets me excited. I wish I could use 100 gallon pots but my neighbors and my neighbors' neighbors would see those puppies and I don't trust some of them. thank you again! what about genetics and strains though? id love to hear any input on the topic

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Awesome info Dre, this is the reason I joined the farm. who makes caps bennies? sorry if that was a stupid question[/quote]

The only stupid question is a unasked one. this is the place for all your growing questions. You can get caps beenies at ogbiowar.com . Capulator is actually a member here check out the tree farming section he hangs there. If cut my soil recipe in half you would kill it still and not have to worry bout neighbors. Go organic and you won't be happier. I'm not hating on liquid nutes, shit I run them in my hydro just know organic is what I like . Strains I like bubba kush katsu cut, check out thcbay on here Devine has feminized seeds and his crosses are sick. Anymore questions feel free to ask.

humboldt local used fox farm nutes he said not organic. I would look into x-nutrients if you want a reasonable priced fert. It works amazingly, I personally used it last year on my outdoor girls along with microbial teas and guanos and fish and kelp. The x-nutrients are only like 225$ for fifteen gallons, about the cheapest you can find. look into it online and call them they can direct you to a local retailer that carries their products. xnutrients.com

Jman where did you see he used foxfarm. google humbolt local soil Recipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom