Plans for the new season

• Thread starter CollieMan760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CollieMan760

CollieMan760

Tobor, i will be growing inside a greenhouse and making up for the lack of sunlight with little 400 watt MH's. i guess i didnt include that in my list at the beginning. I would never take good info as a negative when someone is trying to help me out. i have a pretty good handle on how to get these going i think. i might be compiling the grow into a journal for everyone to see, so that i could get feedback if someone notices something wrong. thank you tobor
I like touching the soil and breaking up the clumps. I guess like some people like popping bubble wrap. LOL! I like digging and rototilling too. My wife loves it too. We are groundhogs in human bodies.

CollieMan mixes, containers and fertilizers are important for the end results but there are two other factors that probably make or break yield and the overall end results.

One is putting your stuff out too early when the nights are not short enough. Now in legal places they keep regular light bulbs on for awhile after sundown. That keeps the plants vegging. If plants start to flower in April it will continue to flower into May and then slowly to start to reveg and won't really get vegging again until late. They will always be messed up and they will yield very poorly.

The other is water. Outdoors in the sun they grow fast and drink lots of water. The sun and wind also factor in. You don't want to overwater although with good drainage it is hard to do and in the ground it is almost impossible to overwater. To get big plants and big yields takes lots of water. They can drink 5-10 gallons a days easily.

If this was already obvious to you please take it as a positive. It doesn't hurt to bring good information into a discussion because somebody reading won't know. I didn't know they used lights to get an early start until a few years ago. Of course if I did that here the police would soon follow.

CollieMan760

CollieMan760

I like this mixing soil once and just watering throughout season and the mix kills it just checkout humboltlocals thread. This is a third of his size.
Plus caps beenies is my twist to it
It's organic man!
100 gallon smart pots

2 bales sunshine #4
2 cubic feet of nutri rich chicken poop
1.5 cubic feet earth worm castings
1.35 cubic ft perlite
6.5 pounds of steamed bone meal
5 pounds of kelp
5 pounds oyster shells
5 pounds dolomite lime
5 pounds gypsum

Mix well soak and let sit four to six week until internal temp is 80

Caps beenies once a week
Hey Dre! i had another question about the gypsum. Do you use the powederd form or the pellet form? my guess is that the pellets would feed my plants longer throughout their 6 month cycle. and same thing with the oyster shells, ground up? thanks dre!

Thcola

Thcola

Outdoor in big containers your best bet is to go organics, and let the water and sunshine with the occasional tea do your work for you.. if your pulling off timed light dep schedules, with hoopies or greenies then coco and synth-mineral regime would work fine because your keeping it on a quick life schedule... if you let the roots develop mass and start establishing in a big bed or fabric pot your going to be looking at heavy h2o usage and even more $$ in nutrients.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Hey Dre! i had another question about the gypsum. Do you use the powederd form or the pellet form? my guess is that the pellets would feed my plants longer throughout their 6 month cycle. and same thing with the oyster shells, ground up? thanks dre!

I like powder gypsum and yes ground up oyster shells. Best of luck man. If you got anymore questions fill free to shoot me a pm.
Happy gardening drdre

Latest posts

Top Bottom