Wanted Plant help it’s dying!

• Thread starter Xochill2u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hookcash87

Hookcash87

So I use fox farms and I would have to respectfully disagree. I have never burned my plants. I have had to deal with nute lock once and was able to clear it up with just flushing with water and Epson salt. It is hard to tell under the burple light what is actually going on. With fox farms I usually feed about a tsp less then the recommended amount. What is your medium? Did you use perlite? Honestly 40% humidity isn't bad. Hopefully everything works out for you.

TSD

TSD

Not trying to be rude, but if your new, I'd throw it away and go hydro. I heard if I did soil and had issues my plants would just stay small and most likely be stunted. What I'm learning with hydro is that the plant grows stupid fast regardless of issues. That plant in ur pic is 7 weeks right?

This plant was topped once and has had one leaf defoliated, with low stress. It sprouted out of the paper towel on March 15th. That day I placed it in rockwool and into a rdwc system. 40 days this is her lol.. I put it to 12/12 at day 35 from seed.

I guess my point is this is my first grow too. Every time I think of soil I'm so glad I didn't go that route.

That said.. It's more tedious, but we'll worth, and it gets easier. You can build you a cheap setup for under 50 bucks.. Plus nutrients.

Best of luck bud..

Also you won't even need to worry about humidity due to air stones directly under your plant.
It's all about personal preference, as long as you have the proper environment and time to spend, the media doesn't make much difference,
each has thier own pros and cons . I put this seed (Girl Scout Cookies) in water to germinate 8 weeks ago, it's been transplanted twice (peat pots, minimal root stress) and topped once, also some light LST started to keep her incognito once she's in my garden. She's inside a closet on 18/6 with her sisters and yesterday a few of them enjoyed a few hours of acclimatization, as they will be going outside in a few weeks. She's in a 3 gal pot n those fan leaves are bigger than my hands.
It's a learning process man and they are pretty resilient. Definitely looking like you're overwatering though, they really need to dry out in between, roots need air. Good luck, you'll find guidance here man, and everyone is pretty friendly.
20210424 152927

TSD

TSD

Too early for anything promoting blooming at this stage... she's in veg. Many times less is more when growing weed I've found.
This looks dry as hell on top, but the pot is still heavy so there's plenty of water for her to drink below... you want those roots to work a little for water, that's how they grow and get strong enough to hold up your buds. They just stay stagnant if you keep the dirt saturated. I probably won't water again for a few days, I saturated them 2 days ago.

Xochill2u

Xochill2u

So I use fox farms and I would have to respectfully disagree. I have never burned my plants. I have had to deal with nute lock once and was able to clear it up with just flushing with water and Epson salt. It is hard to tell under the burple light what is actually going on. With fox farms I usually feed about a tsp less then the recommended amount. What is your medium? Did you use perlite? Honestly 40% humidity isn't bad. Hopefully everything works out for you.
I use Foxfarm Ocean Forest I haven’t gotten that deep into growing experience to mix soils yet.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It's all about personal preference, as long as you have the proper environment and time to spend, the media doesn't make much difference,
each has thier own pros and cons . I put this seed (Girl Scout Cookies) in water to germinate 8 weeks ago, it's been transplanted twice (peat pots, minimal root stress) and topped once, also some light LST started to keep her incognito once she's in my garden. She's inside a closet on 18/6 with her sisters and yesterday a few of them enjoyed a few hours of acclimatization, as they will be going outside in a few weeks. She's in a 3 gal pot n those fan leaves are bigger than my hands.
It's a learning process man and they are pretty resilient. Definitely looking like you're overwatering though, they really need to dry out in between, roots need air. Good luck, you'll find guidance here man, and everyone is pretty friendly. View attachment 1117109
From my understanding a perfect/good soil grow VS a perfect/good hydro grow will result in double the yield on hydro. 1g per watt compared to 2g. I don't know this for sure, it's just the common theme I've noticed. I've never used soil lol.

I will have two identical 4x4s side by side using exact same everything. Perhaps I'll compare one day, if I can bring myself to get my hands dirty. I don't like getting dirty

TSD

TSD

From my understanding a perfect/good soil grow VS a perfect/good hydro grow will result in double the yield on hydro. 1g per watt compared to 2g. I don't know this for sure, it's just the common theme I've noticed. I've never used soil lol.

I will have two identical 4x4s side by side using exact same everything. Perhaps I'll compare one day, if I can bring myself to get my hands dirty. I don't like getting dirty
Lol, it sounds like hydro is perfect for you... I garden all sorts of things and like playing in the dirt... mine will be moved outside for summer and fall. Hydro may yield more than soil indoors, but doubt it will top an outdoor full sun grow. I grow it to smoke it and nothing beats outdoor in my opinion. To each their own. 🙂

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I wouldn't flush it just now.dont water the soil or spray until the soil has dried out considerably .you need to water then let soil dry until it's only just moist and no more then water and repeat. The roots like a lot of oxygen in the root zone so keeping the soil permanently wet drowns the roots.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Blooms are for when you got buds
Lol, it sounds like hydro is perfect for you... I garden all sorts of things and like playing in the dirt... mine will be moved outside for summer and fall. Hydro may yield more than soil indoors, but doubt it will top an outdoor full sun grow. I grow it to smoke it and nothing beats outdoor in my opinion. To each their own. 🙂
Only thing is it gets pricey feeding the big girls outside the same as inside but they will definitely reward you as long as you can fight the darn caterpillars off long enough lol.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

OH I know the feeling. I fell in love with outdoor, but then.. I got money and could afford better shit. Guess I've never had good outdoor lol.. I might try it.. I just worry about bud Rot.

TSD

TSD

OH I know the feeling. I fell in love with outdoor, but then.. I got money and could afford better shit. Guess I've never had good outdoor lol.. I might try it.. I just worry about bud Rot.
Yeah gotta keep a close eye come fall for sure.

Hookcash87

Hookcash87

I use Foxfarm Ocean Forest I haven’t gotten that deep into growing experience to mix soils yet.
[/QUOTE
Ocean floor is a HOT soil so if you put them in that and then added nutes then there is the problem. To much nutrients . I have a buddy that did the same thing. The plants look just like the one in the beginning of thos thread. I usually transplant with happy frog and will just put Ocean floor in when the water creates erosion in the medium.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Ocean floor is also inconsistent and usually has fungus gnats.

StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney

I think my plant is dying but somehow still alive because it’s starting the veg stage but the primary leaves are wilting downward and turning brown. What can I do to save it. Someone please help I’m a new grower.
Hey can you give us an update on your plant? did it survive?

Latest posts

Top Bottom