Plant Spacing and Light Layout

• Thread starter Decisive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

hi widowmaker,

just wondering if you aren't pressed for time, would you mind drawing up this 10 plant configuration with 60" centers.

X0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x
0x0x0
y y y

x = 1000w hps, y = 600 hps in cooltubes

room dimensions are as follows: 24' x 16' (hopefully not too much of a squeeze)

thanks so much for your time. Sincerely appreciated.

View attachment 70832
:icon_spin:

Galt

Galt

Hi Widowmaker,

Reason for the 5' centers is I have a wonderful NL#5/Haze x Skunk clone and she tends to get large.

Let's try it on with the same 5' centers but no restrictions on room size (I'm building this room from scratch anyway). Only thing I ask is 3' space around the perimeter (wall-to-plants) to move about.

Thankyou my friend. I'm indebted to you.

p.s - if you have time, would it be possible to do light-to-light and plant-to-plant measurements seperately as you did with MedicalINFO's drawings? The more measurements the better.

Galt

Galt

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou my friend. :yes
Your contributions to this community are absolutely invaluable. :)

No annotation needed at this point. This drawing is perfect.

ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
hello
I was wondering if someone can make a diagram using this system for 15 1000 watt room.
Thank you

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Can I make a request for a detailed drawing of a 14x20? Thank you so much widowmaker you the man!

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
10kw max 1000watters and as many plants possible. Thank you for real bro! 40inch center

K

khaoticOrder

I am trying to configure the best usage of wattage compared to most yield in regards to using light movers and air cooled hoods versus lots of watts.
Are light movers more efficient?

M

mrhappy

veticle_lights.jpg

hi guys, i have finished my first vertical grow, and had ok results. I would love to hear the constructive criticism of my setup. I grew 2 plants under 4 lights with the vertical water cooled lights placed in a diamond pattern around the plants. in the pic there is a 4th light that is on the far wall that cant be seen

x
x x
x
2 plants = 0
4 1k hps= x
lights are spaced 48" from each other
total area from light to light 4'x8'
the idea was to get 3 lights around each of the 2 plants.
i am using water cooled fresca sols so dont know if this makes a difference?
basically there was a triangle around each plant with 3 lights each 48" away from each other.
I had a bad spider mite battle while trying my first vertical grow, and it was also my first experience with COCO as these were grown in canna coco with canna coco nutes, and grown in 15 gal smartpots.
I am a deap water culture guy (waterfarms really) regularly, and i tried canna coco because i was having heat problems in the root zone when originally tried to use the DD buckets, but i always see these tree style grows in some type of RDWC. Can someone explain, is rdwc the best for huge trees? or is coco just as good?
I got much less than 1 pound yield per plant and am looking to improve substantially. Any advice is very much appreciated.​

M

mrhappy

I have been pondering a complete redo of my room. I have to come up with the best way to grow 3-4 pound trees, but I am only allowed to grow 6 plants total. I have access to up to 10 water cooled Fresca sols and would like to design a great 6 plant system as i have to stay within the legal limits of my state and local laws. Does each side of 1k watts really equal a pound? I am bummed for waiting so long to join the party, i am exited to build a great system with all you alls help. thanks

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 81279

4 LBS per plant?
Use MPBs, high yielding plants, 4 bare 1000w HPS lamps per plant. Cool tubes or water cooled fixtures are still in question as they both lower the light output. Unless someone knows otherwise. Oh and do everything right. Along with tons of A/C and dehueys, CO2 and .......

With the Fresca Sols you may want to bring them in a little closer than 40" to make up for the roughy ~12% loss of lumens. Watch Coxie's grow he my pull down some big numbers.

M

mrhappy

4 pounds per plant, Everyone needs a goal. LOL. That is a badass 12 light setup amigo. I think I am more comfortable with an 8 or 9 light setup as I have heat/ chiller issues when running 12k at once, and still need 1k for a veg. OK I will alter my goal to 3 pounds per tree, to be more realistic. I run co2, and live in a very low humidity area (naturally around 30%) will humidity still be a problem for me? I just fugured I would follow the bucket build exactly and then follow the nutes like the forum says. I would definately be needing the senior farmers help and will be checking the forums frequently, but I aim to set my place up totally profesional and I am hopefull for profesional results. I am trying to find some G13, or Hashplant, I am seeing Cali hashplant, is this a good tree? I was told Purple Kuh will work well too? I know strain is important,any thoughts?
:volcano:

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Coxie is running HashPlant.

Believe Purple Kush is low yielder.

I've decided to go top shelf but low yield plants, seems the dispensaries want the best stuff.

DDs suggested Sensi Seeds hashplant, northern lights, black domina and g13/hashplant.

A sealed room will have Humidity problems. Water cooled means less A/C but fast growing plants transpire allot and that means humidity.

To get big results is not cheap, lots of lights, big pumps, chillers, A/C & Dehueys.

M

mrhappy

yes I do understand the pay to play aspect of indoor gardening. I have over $15k invested and will reinvest asap to get rid of those fresca sols and get a proper a/c. I just found some quality g-13 cuts. I thought DD recomended G13? am i mistaken? Is g13 a good canidate for tree grow? I still give g13 mad respect as far as quality goes but I am old school. Also you mentioned pumps, DD gives the pump specs? I am ready to follow to the T. Thanks

Top Bottom