Plant Spacing and Light Layout

• Thread starter Decisive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Ill be doing rows with the mpb system next round at almost 50 apart more like 48-50.

Is there any reason you prefer the rows over a xoxo pattern?

Love your room though... remember seeing pics up on IC. Very clean setup.

what strain are you gonna run next round?

S

socalsinner

MPB Rows v XOXO

Whats up Mike ? Thanks for the kind words. I have had alot of good MPB'ers to help me along the way. In my case Im going to go with rows because I have the member count in my COOP to go higher. As long as Im under 99 and have at least 20 or more members I feel much better and sleep good at night. I want to maximize my 200 amps. I will be moving very soon and if I move before this next grow I will do 3 rooms with rows. Peace!

D

Donkdbz

With rows you can put more lights and plants but u lose efficieny cause the lights on the outside will only hit 2 plants vs 3 in x0x

F

fido

guys im dumb.
can i lean on you cats for some help?
i need a light layout for 2 plant a 3 plant and a 4 plant
using the buckets that lost uses from home d.
i want to maximize.
and i'll fuck it up if i dont get some help.
thanks in advance guys
fido from philly

F

fido

damn. i just read the whole thread.
i feel like a dickhead asking for help.
fido

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

guys im dumb.
i want to maximize.
thanks in advance guys
fido from philly

What spacing do you want? LOL!!

How many lights?
:icon_spin:

mikeross

mikeross

guys im dumb.
i want to maximize.
thanks in advance guys
fido from philly

What spacing do you want? LOL!!

How many lights?

He makes amazing drawings and is very familiar with the different lighting options with the rows or xoxo patterns... just make sure you are specific with your spacing.

when you say maximize what exactly do you mean. We all want to maximize every aspect of our grows but lets start with some specifics.

Do you want to maximize your yield no matter how much light you may waste or do you want to up your GPW figures?

IMO I would run 4 plants. Makes the best mpb configuration with the plant number options you have given us. I would run 5 lights with spacing in the 70+" area. A 4-5 light configuration is nice because it can fit in almost any regular size bedroom and you wont have to much issues moving things around to figure out the correct spacing if you run flexible lines with a lil slack.

Good luck though... still many other aspects to focus on with these bucket grows.

F

fido

ok widowmaker
im gonna roll with what mike suggested.
thanks my man mike.
u reached out to me with help on my first day here bro and i will never forget that.
i'll do 4 plants/5 lights/ and lets say 70 inch centers

we newbie lean on u guys hard but u never let us down. hahaha. each one teach one. im black so i speak like the rev jessie jackson. each one teach one. see? i rhyme when i talk without even trying! lol.
all bullshiting aside. mike lost and jk and all you cats make this place feel like home.
a home full of brainy rulebrakers...haha.i love it here.
you folks are the best

fido from philly

F

fido

and widowmaker can u do one drawing with rows
and one traditional please?
thank you
fido

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Caution 40" centers

***Caution 40" centers*****

See below some small system ideas.

4 plant 5 light

4 Plant Layout XXXL

4 plant mpd 8x8

5 Plant 4 1kws and 4 600w

10x10 room 6 plant 6 light

12x12 5 plants 8 lights

Fido, tell me which design you want to use with 70" spacing

mikeross

mikeross

Be careful with your spacing because their is no perfect number IMO. I say this because even a few inches here or there really make a big difference on how the plant turns out. I am about to flip my girls this week but have noticed "bushiness" differences from plant to plant and its all has to do with a couple inches left to right on the bulb placement.

The 4-5 plant rooms truly are a blessing if your trying to find out the perfect spacing for your specific strain. If you run flexible lines you can easily move your bins close or further apart until you find out whats perfect after they stretch. If you running many bins its not as easy to do so, its good that your starting off with 4-5 plant setup.

what strain are you planning to run?

mikeross

mikeross

My current setup is only 7 lights with 14 plants. I was planning on adding 10-600's to the outside plants like the layout below but deciding to wait till I had the cash to set it up with 1000's... hopefully after xmas my room with be a 14 plant 17k setup.

Anyways, If you dont mind running the extra power i really really love this 5 plant setup...

100692d1283405972-plant-spacing-light-layout-5-plant-4-1kws-4-600w.jpg

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

My current setup is only 7 lights with 14 plants. I was planning on adding 10-600's to the outside plants like the layout below but deciding to wait till I had the cash to set it up with 1000's... hopefully after xmas my room with be a 14 plant 17k setup.

Anyways, If you dont mind running the extra power i really really love this 5 plant setup...

100692d1283405972-plant-spacing-light-layout-5-plant-4-1kws-4-600w.jpg

With this layout you get one plant with 4 lights around it and if your a big game hunter thats what its all about.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Spacing??

Spacing is a confusing term, I propose the the use of stem to light center. The drawing below is 40" or 3' 4" spacing but its not real clear because its been rotated 90 degrees. 40" spacing is 28 1/4" stem to light center. Whats your stem to light center?
40 inch spacing turned 90 degrees

G

GBOOST

I keep hearing how 40" centres are too close, but as I'm using cool tubes, the plant can pretty much touch the glass, and 40" centres give me the room for a 6 1/2 ft round tree before touching the glass with the height to go nearly 8ft high. I wouldn't call that small or tight?

Ozzie

mikeross

mikeross

I keep hearing how 40" centres are too close, but as I'm using cool tubes, the plant can pretty much touch the glass, and 40" centres give me the room for a 6 1/2 ft round tree before touching the glass with the height to go nearly 8ft high. I wouldn't call that small or tight?

Ozzie

When they say on center is regarding bulb to bulb not bulb to stem.

there is no way you have a 6.5' wide plant in between 2 bulbs that are spaced 40" apart... care to explain this?

I assume you mean you have a 6.5' plant on 80" centers?

M

mrdizzle

if your bulb touches the plant, you lights footprint goes down to about 6inch, you choke out the light

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

You could have a 6' 6" wide plant with 40" spacing but no room for another plant of that size.
40 inch spacing turned 90 degrees 6 6 wide plant

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

if your bulb touches the plant, you lights footprint goes down to about 6inch, you choke out the light

Its a big trade off for cool tubes and water cooled fixtures, you loose light going through the glass and water, but you can get closer to make up for the loss. As Dizz said your foot print or coverage area gets smaller also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom