Planters Pride Gel2Root

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingCrimson

Out of 3, two have begun to be rooted, all still look alive.

However, the jiffy potted clones taken at the same time have roots that are allready exploding through the netting on the peat so, yeah back to peat plugs for me.

These might be good for shipping of clones or something though, if you can remove them and plant them and they'll grow.

We'll see how the two rooted gel experiments turn out when I replant them. I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted with pics and info when I do it.

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
How about some pics of those roots KC?

Thanks

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
just a quick way for companys to make money even if a million people try it once and dont like it its still some nice change in their pockets

K

KingCrimson

How about some pics of those roots KC?

Thanks

I'm working on it, the digital camera I use for pictures that need to actually be high quality isn't mine and I need to borrow it again.

I've tried taking shots of it with my normal webcam deal but it is nigh pointless.

Although, now I am questioning weather or not these are even rooting... I mean you'd obviously want to go with jiffy pots or rr's or anything over these already, and I am due to my side by side; but I don't think slow-rooting is even going to be a potential use for these.
I'm going to keep em around though, and conduct further testing. Pictures... soon-eventually.

M

mnm5683

I read a thread somewhere where someone tested the results of (clonex, olivias, and root-x) with a plain H2O for a baseline. The result were that the baseline plain water rooted the fastest with the best looking roots. I just use water in my homemade aerocloner, less than $50, and it works great. I would think if you were wanting to use it for shipping, it would probably be better and cheaper to just moisten some of the pellets and put them in a plastic sandwich bag with tape or rubberband to keep your box dry while shipping. If you still want the jell I wonder if you could just add some gelitan from the grocery store to you solution and maybe this will work.

K

koopa troopa

just copped some of these too. the hydro shop just got them in this week, so their sample clones haven't shown roots yet. once the purple kush gets here, i'll try em out.

J

jdubz206

sweet koopa...thanks for giving this a go. seems like no one has been able to get roots yet but these things definitely sound like they keep the clone in stasis pretty well..please let us know how this works out :smiley_joint:

convex

convex

Tried 'em a few years ago - side by side with pucks - the pudding cup took a full 10 days longer to shoot a root.

K

koopa troopa

i'm guessing since other mediums have more air in them, it helps with rooting.

this shit has got to work somewhat if it's been around for some time.

J

jdubz206

keep us posted koopa..u got the skillz, i'm sure you'll be able to do this no problem :smiley_joint:

K

KingCrimson

the one I have left in the cup is still alive, there is very small but abundant new growth tips. Still no roots though. I am tempted to pull it out recut and hormone it, and pop it in the soil. So far though it hasn't degraded or improved any though.

K

koopa troopa

i got 2 massive purple kush cuts and split one of them into 2, for a total of 3 cuts. put in the gel last night, so let's giddy up.

i'm thinking about throwing the bubba cuts i got into them since i'm rooting in dirt, due to cashing out my jiffys.

J

jdubz206

nice bro. you've got some great strains there :smiley_joint: let us know how things turn out. i'm going to pick up a pack my next stop @ the grow shop...

K

KingCrimson

First test is all but dead. no roots.
http://i233.invalid.com/albums/ee263/king_crimson99/P1090840.jpg

http://i233.invalid.com/albums/ee263/king_crimson99/P1090841.jpg
The tip top is still green, I wonder if I recut and hormone it if It would root in a rr.

compared to the progress of the rest of the clones taken at the same time, lol.

http://i233.invalid.com/albums/ee263/king_crimson99/P1090836.jpg

J

jdubz206

thanks for trying this out KC!

hey koopa...how's yours coming along?

K

koopa troopa

mine are starting to get flimsy. i thought they weren't supposed to lose rigidity. hopefully they won't fall the same fate as KC's did. no roots as of yet.

R

ReelBusy1

Tried these years ago and still have some laying around! No luck with this formula for rooting-- my opinion is it is not suitable for mj rooting. Just my experience..

bought a six packa year ago and still have two as every cutting I stuck in em died after a looooong time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom