Plants from seed produce more than clones?

• Thread starter Tony69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tony69

Tony69

Does a plant from seed produce more than a clone? Since a cloned plant has a singular staggered branching pattern at each internode. A plant from seed has two branches at each internode spacing.

P

paulycali

I kinda see what your saying but not quite sure what you mean. Produce more clones? What do you mean by more than a clone?

reeldrag

reeldrag

all things being equal yes but here is the problem no two seeds ever seem to be the same so with a clone you can dial in your feeding to what it likes but with a garden full of seeds you have allot of phenos and each one likes things just a touch different so in theory yes in real world I would say not likely if you are doing a large number of plants not a very easy question to answer cause of all the variables

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Does a plant from seed produce more than a clone? Since a cloned plant has a singular staggered branching pattern at each internode. A plant from seed has two branches at each internode spacing.
Great question and its something I have been wondering

The Moms(taken as clones) I have are now are No where near as fat stemmed as
the original seedlings.

So I really dont expext the clones I take from these moms to be as productive as, the Original seedlings
But I still have Hope. Maybe the Sunshine was the difference o_O

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

In my experience I find that clones produce more than plants from seed.. When growing from seed you have to veg it a while sometime up to 2 months before its mature enough to flower/or show sex.. So the seedling will be a lot more established then lets say a clone with a 2 week veg at flip.. I think It has to do with clones being mature and its a lot easier to top/fim/pintch/LST/supercrop much earlier then you would with plants from seed.. I have always pulled more after running the plant the second time from clone then from the first seed run. Even with a much less veg time then a seed plant.. I'v noticed the seed plants don't show their true expressions until cloned, my cloned plants always look different then my seed plants.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah my cloned plants are different than the seedlings.
But its hard for me to compare mine, because my seedlings greww in the Sun.
and these clones have never seen the sun.
I just wonder if Im wrecking the killer genetics I had in those seedlings
Good thing I made F2'seeds :D

joe guy

joe guy

No bro its an exact replica of the dna... Agree with the guy that said its just way eaiser since its allready mature enough to flip at 3 iinches tall and still end up with 24 inch bush.. And hell ive even done the pinch and twist deal b4 it was even dunked in the gel and stuck in the plug... Didnt hurt a damn thing now if u were to molest a seedling gthat way ud be dare i say it completly fucked... And wasted a seed and they are like gas prices way to damn much cash... And i belive it was the same guy that said u dont have to wory about sexing it wasting money on energy and not to mention the space that said plant is gona take up if it ends up being a dude...unless ur tryin to do open pollenation then hell ur not not gona get a dude from a proven female... But no it wont out perform a clone if it was taken from a healty mom... Thats the trick to taking cuts ur babie will only be as healthy as the mom... Think of it like a crack head mom ane a str8 and sober mom that both breast feed the crack head babie is gona be weeker slower and just maynot make it on the other hand the healthy moms babie is gona grow fast learn more and just over all be healthier

joe guy

joe guy

And not to mention u already know what nutrient regimen to feed it right out of the gate.. No worries of burning it and setting u back or killin it.. So ull know if u didnt burn it the first time dump some more bloom boosters and add half ml or full extra ml of moab and watch ur yeild smoke ur last ... Good luck bro ...

homebrew420

homebrew420

I find the clones generally do better all around. The seed plant generally has to spend more time veg, min 45? days, to be mature. Clones are mature when they root. In my experience.

Peace

Thoth

Thoth

With a clone you know what you're going to get, in terms of yield potential and other such traits. With a plant from seed it's a lottery. It might go gangbusters. Or it might fail miserably. The reason why we clone is because when we find a mother that has desirable traits, it makes sense to turn it multiply it. Out of 10 clones of the one plant, we can expect almost the same results from each and every one of them. From 10 plants from 10 seeds, we can expect vastly different results from them, with some being great and others not being so good. And of course, some of them are more than likely to be male.

neverbreak

neverbreak

clones are better than plants from seed. guaranteed good genetics, coupled with know exactly what that clone requires to reach its potential, is where its at bro.

neverbreak

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
With a clone you know what you're going to get, in terms of yield potential and other such traits. With a plant from seed it's a lottery. It might go gangbusters. Or it might fail miserably. The reason why we clone is because when we find a mother that has desirable traits, it makes sense to turn it multiply it. Out of 10 clones of the one plant, we can expect almost the same results from each and every one of them. From 10 plants from 10 seeds, we can expect vastly different results from them, with some being great and others not being so good. And of course, some of them are more than likely to be male.

Not if you get Good Seeds from a Good breeder;)
all of the Alien seedlings I grew where keepers

Thoth

Thoth

Not if you get Good Seeds from a Good breeder;)
all of the Alien seedlings I grew where keepers

True, well bred seeds should exhibit far less genetic variation than say, bagseed. There will still be some variation, which of course can be desirable, but let's face it, when we find the mother of all mothers, we want to clone the shit out of her because she's so damned rockin'! :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Plants from seed usually have more vigor, but like others have mentioned there are alot of perks for growing clones.
Bingo...yes they do have more vigor...that all I was saying..

I know nothing about "Dialing in" a strain...Because, im a newbie dirt farmer :)
I just hope I do as well next time, as I did last time;)
Im gonna try to it all the same!

I made f2's and took clones this fall...so...I will find out for myself, which do better :D

Top Bottom