Plants from seed produce more than clones?

• Thread starter Tony69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shaneshultis

people gave some good input but I feel they left out the best advantage a seed has over a clone is (if you are going to grow outdoors a seed will kick a clones ass over size and yield)surprised no one said this but (I do prefer clones indoors)clones have no taproot like a seed so when placed outdoors a seed has a 100% better chance over a clone because the root structure on a clone is they spread horizontal then find edge of buckets and then goes down deep as can but the clone lacks the potential to dive deep into the hard ground like a seed because the taproot is sort of like a jackhammer it keeps tapping deeper and deeper. this also provides a good structured plant that is less likely to tip overfrom wind ect. but indoors clones for me win, but outdoor, seeds on the other hand are design to withstand nature si I say clones inside seeds outside and anyone please correct me if their is a more accurate way to compare them

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't correct you. Seeds are definitely better outdoors with long veg and all the shit that goes along with it. Clones can produce the same as seeds with very short veg times, which is why there better for indoors.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
these two plants are the same strain.(ewok) One is a cut from a cut of the plant the F2 seeds came from to make the seedling seen here.
Both are really close to the same age...I will grow them side by side and show the results;)
2EWOK215

I dont have to tell you which is which right? :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Im thinking if I just make my own f3 or f4's (of everything) someday. I will never need to clone again :)

Hell yeah, if you have the time and space, then go for it. I wanna own a house outside the city where no neighbors are close enough to even see my house, then I can get multiple harvest outside and I wouldn't have to stash plants in the mountains. Ahhhh someday.

shawnskush

shawnskush

feminized seeds seem to be pretty homogeneous in my experience ...

BasementBreeder

BasementBreeder

clones.. are good for anyone trying to cash crop.. having more crops per year.. seeds grow fast but mature in 60 days or so .. so id say it all depends on what ur looking for.!!! seeds will never produce the exact same plant over and over again .. unless u take years upon years to make them that way.. but even then ull likely get 4 phenos.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

clones.. are good for anyone trying to cash crop.. having more crops per year.. seeds grow fast but mature in 60 days or so .. so id say it all depends on what ur looking for.!!! seeds will never produce the exact same plant over and over again .. unless u take years upon years to make them that way.. but even then ull likely get 4 phenos.

I've had most of my plants from seed mature around 30 days.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Right and
if you find a strain from an excellent breeder that is stable (4 phenos) and
make more seeds with a brother and sister...those seeds should remain stable....right?o_O

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Right and
if you find a strain that is stable (4 phenos) and
make more seeds with a brother and sister...those seeds should remain stable....right?o_O
Really depends on the parent varietals...if you use something like SSH or the Jack you are def making sure there are gonna be more variation among phenotypic expression. While using landrace or a more homogenous genotypic makeup will lend itself to a more homogenous or less various offspring typically.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Picking certain observable characteristics and inbreeding will help make it more uniform but every blue moon you'll see some wild stuff, as that's how genetics keep the game going!!

Look at people and the variation inherint visually....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Really depends on the parent varietals...if you use something like SSH or the Jack you are def making sure there are gonna be more variation among phenotypic expression. While using landrace or a more homogenous genotypic makeup will lend itself to a more homogenous or less various offspring typically.
Thanks Baba G :)
So, its still a crap shoot ...But I like the odds :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

How can I tell when my seedlings are Mature? o_O
And why do I need to know? :confused:

I guess when the nodes alternate and it shows pistils, or balls.

I don't think you NEED to know, but I wouldn't flower indoor plants unless I know they are female. But you mostly grow outdoors right??

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I guess when the nodes alternate and it shows pistils, or balls.

I don't think you NEED to know, but I wouldn't flower indoor plants unless I know they are female. But you mostly grow outdoors right??
Yeah I only veg indoors...I have some young seedlings (near puberty)..that are about to go Outside....was wondering what they are gonna do with the 11 3/4 hours of light out there..o_O
after being inside under 18 hour (what ever they do I will go with it )

Top Bottom