Plants In Dark For 4 Days..

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

Its those silly fucks at the NSA
There good at what they do, whatever the shit it is...…… The tap of a finger deletes embarrassing posts, sounds good. I type fast but correct my poop. Should I really switch from 3 hour cannabutter making to 10 hour crockpotting (@GT21) ? . Im getting lazy......

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
There good at what they do, whatever the shit it is...…… The tap of a finger deletes embarrassing posts, sounds good. I type fast but correct my poop. Should I really switch from 3 hour cannabutter making to 10 hour crockpotting (@GT21) ? . Im getting lazy......
Yes try it

Smerb

Smerb

Yes try it
Unsalted butter? Or some gourmet sweet brown? See below

Have you ever browned butter? It’s an easy way to take a recipe that relies on butter up a notch in flavor. Just by cooking the butter a little past the melting point results in the milk solids in the butter browning, and creating a wonderfully nutty aroma.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Unsalted butter? Or some gourmet sweet brown? See below

Have you ever browned butter? It’s an easy way to take a recipe that relies on butter up a notch in flavor. Just by cooking the butter a little past the melting point results in the milk solids in the butter browning, and creating a wonderfully nutty aroma.
You could do that... I do unsalted and margarine for sweets and salted for foods. Im making brownies tomorrow... Almost out of my last butter even though i bought 8 boxes of my fav brownie mix today...1.99 a pop

Smerb

Smerb

You could do that... I do unsalted and margarine for sweets and salted for foods. Im making brownies tomorrow... Almost out of my last butter even though i bought 8 boxes of my fav brownie mix today...1.99 a pop
I got that same price on the brownies. Gheradilli. Triple chocolate.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
In my experience, I haven't noted any difference between keeping everyone in the dark before the big day. One possibility, purely conjecture, is that there is less light degradation of the active THC, since THC degrades in light. I know during dark periods in V Growth the plants will stretch quite a bit...I'm unsure what their reaction is during the flowering stage during dark periods, other than possibly changes in bud density. If I have one that is easily demonstrated with, I'll do it to see what happens. Just turned back to 12 an hour ago.

H

hawkman

In my experience, I haven't noted any difference between keeping everyone in the dark before the big day. One possibility, purely conjecture, is that there is less light degradation of the active THC, since THC degrades in light. I know during dark periods in V Growth the plants will stretch quite a bit...I'm unsure what their reaction is during the flowering stage during dark periods, other than possibly changes in bud density. If I have one that is easily demonstrated with, I'll do it to see what happens. Just turned back to 12 an hour ago.
just another way to "stress" the plant into more terpene's and essential oil's ( some folks split the main stalk or pinch branch''s by using the index finger and thumb in south america they go thru the fields and bend/ break lateral branches to promote more terp's and oil's

H

hawkman

would in be worth it to use fan leaves for butter ? have all ready used the trim for kief (110 Micron)
have looked at them with a scope - see some trichomes but only have a 30x-60x loupe gave away my 100x which I need now can't tell it they are clear, cloudy or amber. would it be a waste for butter ? thnaks guy's

420.hydro

420.hydro

At least 10 years of growing here and there. I don't even use scissors to chop em, they are so ripe they snap and my drying process is fast. Not to fast. I'd say try it and let me know.
Newbie here... I am very interested in your drying process... could you share or did you already and I should be able to search for it???? PEACE!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

As I go to harvest in the next couple weeks I will take two plants, clones from the same mother, with the same soil, feeding...ect. I will take one and harvest and the other I will let sit in the dark. I will dry both of them the same: half in the HerbsNow drying system and half hanging. So there will be 4 samples. I will then take them and have them all tested. I will report back the results. This won’t be perfect, but it should give some good data to the question. I will start a new thread for this. Personally I have gone back and forth on my belief, and just want some evidence either way. Happy growing

H

hawkman

As I go to harvest in the next couple weeks I will take two plants, clones from the same mother, with the same soil, feeding...ect. I will take one and harvest and the other I will let sit in the dark. I will dry both of them the same: half in the HerbsNow drying system and half hanging. So there will be 4 samples. I will then take them and have them all tested. I will report back the results. This won’t be perfect, but it should give some good data to the question. I will start a new thread for this. Personally I have gone back and forth on my belief, and just want some evidence either way. Happy growing
Great - looking forward to the results - have heard that any more 48hr.s is a lost effort (when in flower lets say week4 give your plant 48hr.s of dark time then back ti o your cycle of 12/12 - this reduces flower time by 1 week Basicly we are shocking the plant with darkness and it thinks that it's going to die , so it pumps up all nutrient available

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I to was taught to leave my plants in darkness for 48 to 72 hours before chopping, the idea behind this is that dark period will frost up your plants, does it work? I dont know, but i do it.

Srenots

Srenots

I to was taught to leave my plants in darkness for 48 to 72 hours before chopping, the idea behind this is that dark period will frost up your plants, does it work? I dont know, but i do it.

yep...keep on keepin on bro ~

Madbud

Madbud

I would put one in darkness for 24 hours and then harvest both at the same time. Personally i call bs on the darkness stuff.

Top Bottom