Plants Pre Flowering

• Thread starter Augestwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Augestwest

Augestwest

Well I actaully put my plants outside a lot of the time to soak and get use to the sun. Iv left them outside once and it didn't seem to phase then but they have def stopped growing at vigorous as they were as they have filled there 3gal pots. That why I figured I would stick them out this weekend since it's only like 45 minutes less then I'm at right now in my room

Toaster79

Toaster79

Put them out. They'll be fine.

Keep it green!

++++Vibes

Augestwest

Augestwest

Here's some pictures of my lady's and then one of my Jack the Ripper that is showing pre flowers or starting to ball up. I'm using all these lady's outside in 4x4x1 raised beds and a hoop house twords the end to help prevent mold

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I can't tell if those are clones or seeds, sorry if already stated?

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I would toss those plants........

If they are clones, no chance on those finishing properly. ZERO. Putting clones out before June 1st is a waste, and most peeps I know put clones out June 20th. If you put those plants out (if clones) they will continue to flower for a while, then go into re-veg mode. This creates a plant with thousands of sucker branches, tiny nugs, and undeveloped trichs. All bad, and a huge waste of space for your garden.

If those are seeds, then you have a chance they will grow well. I find once an outdoor plant starts to flower premature, only bad things come down the line. Once again, if it were my garden, I would toss those plants.

Seeds can be started as early as March and will have a much lower % of plants that want to preflower. I find if you start seeds in mid to late April, you will cut that % way down. I always plant in holy week, it has to do with moon cycles as well.

Sorry to give you bad news, hope I am wrong and everything works out.

Augestwest

Augestwest

I can't tell if those are clones or seeds, sorry if already stated?

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I would toss those plants........

If they are clones, no chance on those finishing properly. ZERO. Putting clones out before June 1st is a waste, and most peeps I know put clones out June 20th. If you put those plants out (if clones) they will continue to flower for a while, then go into re-veg mode. This creates a plant with thousands of sucker branches, tiny nugs, and undeveloped trichs. All bad, and a huge waste of space for your garden.

If those are seeds, then you have a chance they will grow well. I find once an outdoor plant starts to flower premature, only bad things come down the line. Once again, if it were my garden, I would toss those plants.

Seeds can be started as early as March and will have a much lower % of plants that want to preflower. I find if you start seeds in mid to late April, you will cut that % way down. I always plant in holy week, it has to do with moon cycles as well.

Sorry to give you bad news, hope I am wrong and everything works out.
Thanks a lot for the info. You think it's ok to take some fresh clones off them and use those? When is Holy Week?

Augestwest

Augestwest

O and there mostly all clones only 2 from seed and one of the from seed is starting to preflower. I honestly don't wanna waste anytime as iv put a lot of money into soil, raised beds, and hoophouses.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I can tell you with 100% certainty that in the past I always do better replacing those plants.

I told my boy last year the same thing, he didn't listen. His first round of 20 or so plants flowered early and never pulled out. They went into reveg and the hash it made wasn't even that nice. I told him to put out more plants (clones) on June 20th. He was still able to pull 3+ lbs of top grade cannabis from those late starts.

It's all about rapid growth the entire plants life cycle. Any slow downs cost you big time in the end. That is why I grow mostly from seed, sow them indoors but as soon as they are 2-3 nodes tall, outdoors they go. My plants grow way faster outdoor than indoors, and the potential for stress during critical growth stages are severely limited.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You can take clones, but it will be a month before those clones are pulled out of the re-veg symptoms as well. Holy week is usually in April. I am referring to Easter basically. That is when I start my seeds.

Augestwest

Augestwest

So if I took clones now they would be reverted back to veg by the first week of June or are you saying just get new clones all together. Only 2 of my strains are showing the pre flowers. Again thanks for the info. I did some 65 and 30 gal smartie pots last year with clones put out June 9 and got almost a p a plant. I guess if that's what I gotta do then I gotta do it. I was just trying to get bigger plants this year

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

If cost wasn't a factor, I would buy new clones and start fresh. However you could clone those, wait for them to pull out of re-veg and plant them in June. That would be a fair amount of stress, however it would work out in the end IMO.

Might be too late this year, but if your looking for big plants then use seeds. Find a breeder that is known for quality and spend the extra bucks. Loompa, Bodhi ext. Or just find some blue dream clones and plant them in June, you will yield at least 5lbs from a blue dream. If you have any seeds that are interesting to you, I would pop those and compare the plants at the end of the season. Seed plants sprouted in May vs clones planted in June. I bet the seed crush yield every time, however the clones should be very high quality flowers.

Light dep for the ones flowering is a fantastic idea, no waste that way.

H

happy b

Yes indeed they are root bound. Iv been trying to delay transplanting as I'm putting them outside In week or 2 and don't have much room left in my 4x4 tent. You think that's the case then?
I do Aug although i couldnt GUARANTEE it without actually seeing them.do they look like theyr flowering properly to you or a good few pistels but not quite what a flowering plant looks like?it was actually @Seamaiden who told me about that one.iv tagged the lady herself so hopefully she can chime in ,in a bit more depth.

Augestwest

Augestwest

They look like preflower a for sure. Long white pistils starting to ball from the bottom of the plant to the top

Toaster79

Toaster79

So the plants started to show sex and are not actually flowering, right. I really don't see a problem putting them outside now since there will be NO REVEG involved as they are NOT flowering.

H

happy b

Here's some pictures of my lady's and then one of my Jack the Ripper that is showing pre flowers or starting to ball up. I'm using all these lady's outside in 4x4x1 raised beds and a hoop house twords the end to help prevent moldView attachment 507646 View attachment 507647
That looks like the way my cuttings go wen iv left em in small pots ina "holding pattern" to save space.when i pot em on and let em veg in fresh soil they start growing fine again bit if space/pot size is an issue then you could trim an inch or two from the bottom of the root zone and fill it back up with fresh soil and put it back under the light.this should take it out its funk in a couple of weeks of veg.but you really dont want to flip a root bound plant(or i dont anyway)i find it harder to keep my plant in top condition when relying completely on bottled organic nutes because of depleted soil caused by root bound plants.but those are just my findings.could be difernt for others.i know plenty of people can keep plants in good health in small root bound pots but not me.lol.

H

happy b

So the plants started to show sex and are not actually flowering, right. I really don't see a problem putting them outside now since there will be NO REVEG involved as they are NOT flowering.
well iv always potted em on and let em grow back to normal and a decent size before i flip em.i cant comment on what would happen if you just flipped em.i dont think it would matter much as its just a few extra pistils.the plant must think"shite,conditions arnt good here,i better throw some pistils and try and get some pollen while i still can"

H

happy b

Just want to say that although i pot them on and veg em out that phase it is NOT a reveg.or it doesnt GROW like a reveg and i used to reveg plants all the time.still do sometimes But the cuts im talking about dont grow like a reveg and anyone who has revegged a plant knows a revegg will grow different.at first atleast.

Toaster79

Toaster79

In this case when they're rootbound that's exactly how they behave. Now put this plant outside where conditions are right and it will just do it's thing.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Happy b i wasn't pointing on you but the others saying this plants are no good to go outdoors just because they are showing sex (preflowers). They have been raise with the matching light cycle and even got to see the actual sunlight. So why the fuck would everything go down the drain if he puts them outside before solstice. There's no way this plants start to flower now as the days are getting longer.

Top Bottom