Plants yellowing way too fast starting flower

• Thread starter Kushymane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushymane

Kushymane

Not to sound like a know it all, but i have a degree in organic chemistry and Microbiology is one of those sub classes to organic chemistry. Im guessing the recharge product you mean is this:
View attachment 946206

So when the bacteria feed on the molasses they create acidic by products. Similar to how vinegar is made. The reason when you add this to your rez and the ph spikes up is because of the Kelp Extract that is present in the product. Kelp and seaweed extracts are very high on the PH scale, this is why if you tested any rooting stimulant with algae/kelp extract in it the PH can be as high as 10-13ph.

The reason recharge says the ph will stabilize is because the microbials create acidic by products from eating the molasses.

You are partially right though because that product contains a bacteria called B. Subtillus, without going to far into a chemistry lesson that Subtillus strain feeds on cellulose (your roots, organic material, and the kelp). When it consumes the kelp inside the recharge it creates enzymes called cellulase, and these enzymes help break down organic material, but the enzymes they create are high on a ph scale, thus over time both the kelp and the enzymes created from the breakdown will bump up your PH quite a lot.

Theres nothing you can do because its nature taking its course! This is why premium super soils add PH amendments to their soils. Those bacteria if used every watering DEFINITELY consumed all the organic material in your soil!

PHing the water fed in wont fix the PH issue long term!

You are going to have to amend the soil!

You can either feed with a high dose of molasses or the sulfur amendment like i mentioned before!
Not to sound like an ass kisser but that’s the most comprehensive answer I’ve ever received from anyone on a thread. I appreciate u even taking the time to type that out.. 🙌🙌🙌 This site is amazing. I feel like I waited way too long to sign up to THCFarmer.. A high dose of molasses will work? should I ph the water then add molasses? What course would you personally take? the molasses or a sulfur amendment?

THCMonster

THCMonster

Not to sound like an ass kisser but that’s the most comprehensive answer I’ve ever received from anyone on a thread. I appreciate u even taking the time to type that out.. 🙌🙌🙌 This site is amazing. I feel like I waited way too long to sign up to THCFarmer.. A high dose of molasses will work? should I ph the water then add molasses? What course would you personally take? the molasses or a sulfur amendment?

No problem! The downside is a lot of companies dont always tell you the negative side effects that over exposure to their products will do

The sulfur would be a long term solution, but you dont have too much longer in bloom, i personally would just go with the molasses.

About 2 oz of molasses per gal, check your ph after you have added the molasses and mixed thoroughly because molasses usually lowers the PH of your water straight out the bottle.

Feed every feeding with the molasses water and after a day or two do a slurry test on the soil, after a few applications check the PH of the run off.

But even if your run off is good i would still do a slurry test with your soil a couple days after watering the molasses water.

This will also help with resin production as well.

Just check both the run off and the soil through slurry test and compare the two! Once both are with in proper PH ranges you are set.

After that stop giving so much molasses and check the PH from time to time.

If the PH seems to be still rising for you just resume the molasses water.

What your looking for is the bacteria to feed on the molasses and create a natural acidic environment, now this is going to take a couple applications because your soil is so high, but it will go down pretty quick.

Just make sure you dont have the opposite thing happen and your soil become too acidic.

NairnM16

NairnM16

No problem! The downside is a lot of companies dont always tell you the negative side effects that over exposure to their products will do

The sulfur would be a long term solution, but you dont have too much longer in bloom, i personally would just go with the molasses.

About 2 oz of molasses per gal, check your ph after you have added the molasses and mixed thoroughly because molasses usually lowers the PH of your water straight out the bottle.

Feed every feeding with the molasses water and after a day or two do a slurry test on the soil, after a few applications check the PH of the run off.

But even if your run off is good i would still do a slurry test with your soil a couple days after watering the molasses water.

This will also help with resin production as well.

Just check both the run off and the soil through slurry test and compare the two! Once both are with in proper PH ranges you are set.

After that stop giving so much molasses and check the PH from time to time.

If the PH seems to be still rising for you just resume the molasses water.

What your looking for is the bacteria to feed on the molasses and create a natural acidic environment, now this is going to take a couple applications because your soil is so high, but it will go down pretty quick.

Just make sure you dont have the opposite thing happen and your soil become too acidic.
How many mL is 2 oz of molasses?

THCMonster

THCMonster

How many mL is 2 oz of molasses?

Well theres 30ml to an oz

So 60ml per gal, thats ONLY to drop PH... Not for a standard feeding all the way through

You can also think of it as 2 shot glasses full of molasses

NairnM16

NairnM16

Well theres 30ml to an oz

So 60ml per gal, thats ONLY to drop PH... Not for a standard feeding all the way through

You can also think of it as 2 shot glasses full of molasses
So just 60ml on nute day during weeks 2-4 should be fine
Treat it as Bud candy recipe

THCMonster

THCMonster

Make sure you check your PH after adding the molasses ive seen it get as low as 5ph before!

Even when you add molasses to just water, still check the PH.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I would recommend adding Wormcastings to the soil as well if you have the ability.

Its time release nitrogen and micros so you wont overdo the nitrogen for flower and the bacteria in the wormcastings plays really well with the molasses

Kushymane

Kushymane

Make sure you check your PH after adding the molasses ive seen it get as low as 5ph before!

So add 2 shot glasses of molasses per gallon check ph and ph up if it’s not within 6-7 range correct? Then do Two waterings ( with said molasses) and a slurry test to see where I stand? I can’t thank u enough brother 🙏🙏🙏

Kushymane

Kushymane

I would recommend adding Wormcastings to the soil as well if you have the ability.

Its time release nitrogen and micros so you wont overdo the nitrogen for flower and the bacteria in the wormcastings plays really well with the molasses
Appreciate it again brother Just so happens I do have some earth worm castings.. I put that shit on everything 😂😂 what do u think about using bokashi along with the the ewc or no?

NairnM16

NairnM16

What do use feed inbetween feeds? So I water my coco everyday nd nute once a week should I be adding extras during the off days or just phd water

THCMonster

THCMonster

So add 2 shot glasses of molasses per gallon check ph and ph up if it’s not within 6-7 range correct? Then do Two waterings ( with said molasses) and a slurry test to see where I stand? I can’t thank u enough brother 🙏🙏🙏

Yep pretty much, but do the slurry test a day or two later after watering, otherwise you will probably just get similar readings to what your fed in.

Also to get the most accuracy from slurry tests try to use distilled water, if you dont have the ability to get distilled water you can use tap, it will just throw off the proper readings for ph.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Appreciate it again brother Just so happens I do have some earth worm castings.. I put that shit on everything 😂😂 what do u think about using bokashi along with the the ewc or no?

Bokashi and indoor growing are tricky, your talking about using anaerobic bacteria, not always the best indoors, but if you have enough air flow in your tent/room i would say its ok. Just dont do bokashi every feeding, only once per week tops.

Also you make wormcasting sound like Franks Red Hot sauce! 😂👍

THCMonster

THCMonster

What do use feed inbetween feeds? So I water my coco everyday nd nute once a week should I be adding extras during the off days or just phd water

If you are in coco you should be nuting everyday bro!

Im suprised you havent ran into some serious issues yet!

But coco is meant to be fed nutes everyday to every other day!

If you are only feeding nutes once a week you are basically starving your plants big time!

I only give my plants water in coco 1 time a week and that is when I do my microbial watering. Every Sunday for me.

NairnM16

NairnM16

If you are in coco you should be nuting everyday bro!

Im suprised you havent ran into some serious issues yet!

But coco is meant to be fed nutes everyday to every other day!

If you are only feeding nutes once a week you are basically starving your plants big time!

I only give my plants water in coco 1 time a week and that is when I do my microbial watering. Every Sunday for me.
This is a first to me hahaha
You able to write me a wee chart
Mon-mon
I use jungle juice 3part
Big bud
Bud candy

Kushymane

Kushymane

Bokashi and indoor growing are tricky, your talking about using anaerobic bacteria, not always the best indoors, but if you have enough air flow in your tent/room i would say its ok. Just dont do bokashi every feeding, only once per week tops.

Also you make wormcasting sound like Franks Red Hot sauce! 😂👍
😂😂😂

THCMonster

THCMonster

Do you actually have a bokashi bucket? Just wondering because if so thats actually badass, not many people know about bokashi fermentation.

Or are you talking about a product called bokashi?

Kushymane

Kushymane

Do you actually have a bokashi bucket? Just wondering because if so thats actually badass, not many people know about bokashi fermentation.

Or are you talking about a product called bokashi?
I know about the bokashi fermentation but I’m so new Into growing (less than a year) I haven’t given it a crack yet. I get mine from @bokashiearthworks on IG.. The owner of the company, Brandon rust is a regular on cheaphomegrow podcast. (He’s a pretty cool dude. He sends free beans with most every purchase) Not sure if you’re familiar with it but it’s pretty informative.. but with ur knowledge, and the way ur garden looks u may not need any advice 😀. Also a little good news. I didn’t even have to ph up my water. It’s 7.5PH and 40PPM out of the tap, so even with 60ml of molasses it only brought me down to 6.3..

Last edited:
Top Bottom