Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junk

Junk

You can put it in the res but I’ve found the additives like sweet raw and hydroplex especially will lower your ph over time so you have to be on it. Plus I don’t like using ph up and down so it’s a bit of a pain.
Plus when mixing you will need more silica to balance out the lower ph the sweet/hydroplex create when mixing.
I’ve been putting only my base and silica in the Rez. No air stone. No waterfall. Ph never changes and there is no build up. Crystal clear. I give my additives once a week as well as tea once a week.
I've noticed the ph drop. I usually don't have to mess with PH. I haven't check the rez though since adjusting it.

I mixed some and let it sit for a day and it was fine. So I mixed some into the rez, too, so we'll see what happens. It's 1 day so far and all looks great.

I was mostly worried about slime or some sort of incompatibility, but all seems fine. If anything goes bad I can pump everything out and start new.

So, given that I've already used the recipe, is there anything I should be careful of, or be on the lookout for? E.g. The advice above from @Thejoeybrown to check Ph regularly? I'm using the products in the coco setup too, so I can omit them altogether in the RDWC if it seems risky.

My first real OG (Fire OG) plant this round and I didn't put enough tops on it : ( I've never had a plant that grows like this. It looks deeply defoliated from the gate lol. I should have put 3x the amount of tops on it. Just a tall, gangly plant. It doesn't "bush" out...at all. Live and learn.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I've noticed the ph drop. I usually don't have to mess with PH. I haven't check the rez though since adjusting it.

I mixed some and let it sit for a day and it was fine. So I mixed some into the rez, too, so we'll see what happens. It's 1 day so far and all looks great.

I was mostly worried about slime or some sort of incompatibility, but all seems fine. If anything goes bad I can pump everything out and start new.

So, given that I've already used the recipe, is there anything I should be careful of, or be on the lookout for? E.g. The advice above from @Thejoeybrown to check Ph regularly? I'm using the products in the coco setup too, so I can omit them altogether in the RDWC if it seems risky.

My first real OG (Fire OG) plant this round and I didn't put enough tops on it : ( I've never had a plant that grows like this. It looks deeply defoliated from the gate lol. I should have put 3x the amount of tops on it. Just a tall, gangly plant. It doesn't "bush" out...at all. Live and learn.
Sounds like an OG. Haha

sixstring

sixstring

Speaking of pH,leaf strip!!! I'LL hit em again in about 2 weeks and rub the stems with calmag......again :)
IMG 20180311 111559666
IMG 20180311 111549927

sixstring

sixstring

What’s in the jugs and can you show more of your watering system?
Just water in the jugs,the darker jugs are just really old.i won't toss em till they leak.
The water system is still under construction,sho sho be getting my new tanks tomorrow and I'll take some more pics after I install those. I don't like the black barrels from grow store at all!! Completely suck,leaks are not allowed in my op.tried to save a few bucks,

sixstring

sixstring

Flora Flexin.
I want to get all the FF stuff but it’s just pricey. It’s more of a luxury but I do like them!
I’ve been thinkin on pullin the trigger on at least like 24 caps.

Just know they ain't flexible lol.you gotta put them caps on when they are small and the truck will fit in the slot.i thought by looking at pictures they were flexible like maybe silicone,but they are hard plastic.i do like them even though I'm not set up yet because when I water now I can dump a gallon as fast as I can pour and it distributes the water evenly so they already save me about 20min a day with my normal work.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Just know they ain't flexible lol.you gotta put them caps on when they are small and the truck will fit in the slot.i thought by looking at pictures they were flexible like maybe silicone,but they are hard plastic.i do like them even though I'm not set up yet because when I water now I can dump a gallon as fast as I can pour and it distributes the water evenly so they already save me about 20min a day with my normal work.
Ya they have them at the shop.. But they are like 10 bucks each. I would just order a bunch. I just like how they distribute water. And they look cool as shit. Ha ha . I also like how the drip line can pour straight in and not go through a dripper better flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom