• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junk

Junk

@G gnome @sixstring and anyone else

So the newer plants in cyco coco/perlite...fresh bag, not rinsed (it says it doesn't need rinsing) water is 10 ppm. Added silica, cal mag, and nutes to 500 ppm. Ph to 5.8. Watered the solo cups, the runoff is 700 ppm, and 4.9 ph.

Is that normal?
So the grow store was contacted about the problem bc something just isn't right. They said this is the 3rd complaint they've gotten about this batch of cyco.

Gonna get a different brand and try again. Thx!

If anyone else sees something in the pics I'm all ears.

Junk

Junk

I quit checking runoff a long time ago. It was usually so hi my guardian could not read it lol. Just keep watering to run off.
We are only checking it to try to figure out what is wrong.

E.g. He put in 7.1 ph water for a slurry test. The slurry tests at 5.1-5.2 That seems incredibly low. So I tested my Nftg coco the same way and it goes in 7.1 and comes out 6.2 or higher.

Edit** Getting another bag of coco to try.

incogneato

incogneato

E.g. He put in 7.1 ph water for a slurry test. The slurry tests at 5.1-5.2 That seems incredibly low. So I tested my Nftg coco the same way and it goes in 7.1 and comes out 6.2 or higher.

I agree in the coco being too dry. Letting it dry oit like that can easily cause lockouts. Good solid waterings to runoff will pribably get you right. I was getting lazy and tried to feed eod

MW7945

MW7945

Attn Coco peeps! (Since calmag has come up so much...)

These plants have been a problem for a while now. They were flushed until the water came out clear out of the bottom bc we can't figure out the problem. I'm not sure if that made the situation even worse.

Tap water is 10 ppm (has anyone heard of that before?) Medium is Cyco coco/pearl. Been adding 1 tsp of cali-magic per gallon except for the flushing.

They are under T5's. The only thing that has changed is the water. PH going in is 5.8...it comes out the bottom in the high 4's iirc. PPm is also off, but I can't recall which direction. I'll find out.

I am stumped. But...

1. The nutes are over a year old, how long do they stay good for? I don't see an expire date? Maybe the calmag is not working?
2. When I used RO water, I had some problems with PH stability. But I have a rez etc. These plants are just being mixed/fed when it's needed. Is it possible the low ppm water is causing ph problems and thus the mag def?

These plants are 3 weeks old!!
View attachment 786411 View attachment 786412 View attachment 786413 View attachment 786414

Your coco is completely dry. There's your problem.

Toaster79

Toaster79

@Toaster79 You were right Sundays firewood escapade really fucked up my Monday. I felt like shit all day. I'm glad it's spring the winter depression is starting to set in. Just need to recognise it for what it is and crawl out from under this cloud...
Have a great day farmers. Time to trim trim and trim.

I hate to say it but I told you so :cry::cry::cry:

All jokes aside take it easy man. You've got a long way to go. Oh and save some fun for the kids and let them do the trimming job. I'm sure they'll love it hahaha

Toaster79

Toaster79

Sounds like you've got a salty bag of coco to begin with. I'd flush the shit out of it before using it and charge it with the appropriate solution.

sixstring

sixstring

@G gnome @sixstring and anyone else

So the newer plants in cyco coco/perlite...fresh bag, not rinsed (it says it doesn't need rinsing) water is 10 ppm. Added silica, cal mag, and nutes to 500 ppm. Ph to 5.8. Watered the solo cups, the runoff is 700 ppm, and 4.9 ph.

Is that normal?
Just flush a bunch of your normal feed strength nutes through the damn coco till it reads 5.8 to 6.0ph and then just keep it moist should be fine.always test new bags of coco no matter what it says on the bag.just out some in a small pot and water with your normal nutes and see where it's at.like toast said,sounds ikel a salty bag.ya can't really over water if ya pot has good drainage.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Just flush a bunch of your normal feed strength nutes through the damn coco till it reads 5.8 to 6.0ph and then just keep it moist should be fine.always test new bags of coco no matter what it says on the bag.just out some in a small pot and water with your normal nutes and see where it's at.like toast said,sounds ikel a salty bag.ya can't really over water if ya pot has good drainage.
I have seen 2 growers over water rockwool with the same pots I use. You need to let the pot fill with roots before you say that. Then it's really hard to over water.

sixstring

sixstring

I have seen 2 growers over water rockwool with the same pots I use. You need to let the pot fill with roots before you say that. Then it's really hard to over water.
idk bro i have some cuts in coco now and im watering them twice a day just to push oxygen through and they seem good with barely any roots yet.the whole reason i went to coco on these lil fuckers is cause they been in my soil mix for years and dont seem to like it much.its my rr,im trying to bring back to healthy again and this lil coco project seems to be the ticket.but the water does run right through the cups each time and its quite messy lol.i dont like rockwool in any type of pot personally,i think it needs to sit out on open tables.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

idk bro i have some cuts in coco now and im watering them twice a day just to push oxygen through and they seem good with barely any roots yet.the whole reason i went to coco on these lil fuckers is cause they been in my soil mix for years and dont seem to like it much.its my rr,im trying to bring back to healthy again and this lil coco project seems to be the ticket.but the water does run right through the cups each time and its quite messy lol.i dont like rockwool in any type of pot personally,i think it needs to sit out on open tables.
I feed my young ones twice a day until the roots fill out then I up it pretty quickly. Y flower I’m feeding every hour during lights on. 12 feedings a day. 15 sec each. More oxygen is my motto.
And calmag of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom