Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmer P

Farmer P

Any ideas as to what to use for germination aside from a paper towel? Just realized I'm all out... and they need to come out of the water
I've been putting the seed straight into coco in a little hole about 3/4 to 1 in deep, then covering them with a little piece of Styrofoam so I can lift the lid and peak. Batting 1000 with this technique.

You have to water slow so the coco doesn't cover the seed.

justiceman

justiceman

Any ideas as to what to use for germination aside from a paper towel? Just realized I'm all out... and they need to come out of the water

The paper towel is just good for a bunch of seeds or if you don't want to prep any medium before seeing if the seeds will sprout. I'm on board with what Thejoeybrown and Farmer P said. Throw them in a small amount of coco or your medium of choice and they should germ up fine. I've done it in shot size solo cups no problem.

Deep Purple lights off
Deep purple

MW7945

MW7945

I've been putting the seed straight into coco in a little hole about 3/4 to 1 in deep, then covering them with a little piece of Styrofoam so I can lift the lid and peak. Batting 1000 with this technique.

You have to water slow so the coco doesn't cover the seed.

1" deep? I accidentally buried one too deep last time (not even 1") and that thing went full potato and started growing the wrong way

justiceman

justiceman

Yeah, I did last time but right now only one taproot is showing and I prefer to not pop them in until they're all out. But, I'll pop them in coco I suppose.
It doesn't have to be a shot glass. Just a small amount of coco, or soil in a small container. Even small rockwool cubes do fine. That way you're not preparing excess medium in case a few don't sprout which is essentially why people do the paper towel method first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom