Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

You really think $500 dollars worth of leds could outperform $500 worth of of mh/hps lights? That is the scenario being discussed here. As I've said before, leds are generally the best option but in some cases other lights have their own advantages. In this case the op has a desired footprint to cover and number of plants she wants to grow but has limited funds for lighting, without reducing the number of plants or increasing the available funds an hid setup is her best option.

As far as you getting better yields after switching to less watts of leds, you have already stated before that when you run more than 35 watts per square foot your plants don't perform as well. If you aren't able to keep your plants dialed enough to handle the extra wattage then it only makes sense that you also would have had smaller yields when you were running more watts with your hids.

Growing for over 20 years & claiming to be cup winner. hmmm. Man these led trolls, brutal. Makes this forum super unenjoyable, and starting to not want to put up with it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you really have no clue if you believe this.. I once thought this too.. till I bought good LED's & they blow HPS & MH out of the water, its not even a fair fight...lol. I mean they (HPS/MH) are cheaper to buy but they are not cheaper to run or replace bulbs in... and I seriously get 25% to like 40% more yield from 640 watts of LED than I got from 1000 watts of HPS (not blurples, white led's supplements with 660nm reds), nothing is simplier than LED's! Maybe you can explain to me how HPS grows better when I get 1.5lbs from 640 watts of LED but I was only getting 1.25lbs from 1000 watts of HPS.. I gotta here this explanation of how that makes HPS better...lmao
haha, whatever!
good luck..

FourthCity

FourthCity

Growing for over 20 years & claiming to be cup winner. hmmm. Man these led trolls, brutal. Makes this forum super unenjoyable, and starting to not want to put up with it.
The more someone invests in something the more they will defend their position.

In sales emotion trumps reality every time.

I get that but at the same time it's an opportunity for others to counter with some less biased info. Also, I kinda feel like a troll has more malicious intent as where in this case I suspect the person being referenced truly believes in what they are saying (even when they are wrong) and is trying to help, but is just being a little ignorant while going about it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I get that but at the same time it's an opportunity for others to counter with some less biased info. Also, I kinda feel like a troll has more malicious intent as where in this case I suspect the person being referenced truly believes in what they are saying (even when they are not right) and is trying to help, but is just being a little ignorant while going about it.

I think you are basically saying what i said.

The thing here is light efficiency and power is only one part of what we need right for a grow. All the pieces need to be in place. The plants will only grow to the limiting factor.

FourthCity

FourthCity

The thing here is light efficiency and power is only one part of what we need right for a grow. All the pieces need to be in place. The plants will only grow to the limiting factor.
I concur 👍

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

so do you think I would ever buy another sodium or halide fixture or bulb again in my life? Well maybe I would but it would only be CMH.. and that I promise ya... I hope everyone keeps using HID quite honestly... I'll start pushing it too just watch...lol

Last edited:
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I get that but at the same time it's an opportunity for others to counter with some less biased info. Also, I kinda feel like a troll has more malicious intent as where in this case I suspect the person being referenced truly believes in what they are saying (even when they are wrong) and is trying to help, but is just being a little ignorant while going about it.
Keep doing what your doing... one day you will wake up & realize "Ok boomer" applies to you...lol. I was in your boat 1 year ago, thought I knew it all, Oh what I have learned this past year tho... I fell like a big dumbass but blurples were not the answer so I only got in the real good LED game a tad late. Im 48 years old BTW, no spring chicken, not new to the game.. I am old school & you can teach an old dog new tricks!

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I never said I won a cup, I even said I wasn't trying... but you won't get even close with the "I know it all" attitude I do know that... Now I really did get pretty famous in my area back in the day, my weed was named after me, there are 100's of people who rave on my product going back 20 years, they named it "bobby weed", I was laying waste to all but a couple small growers in my area.. we are talking back in the 430 son agro days if you have been around long enough to remember those. I was always the one people made fun of for using 1k MH's with 430 son agros. Yet no one could figure out why my product was way better then their all HPS set ups produced,, I tried to tell em back then that you gotta have that MH if you want better quality & they all laughed at me, said MH wouldn't even make a plant flower...lol. Now its LED's & most have not figured it out yet.. oh the times change but peoples "I know more than you attitude" haven't changed.. so just do what you do & you will always be the best of the best in your own world!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so do you think I would ever buy another sodium or halide fixture or bulb again in my life? Well maybe I would but it would only be CMH.. and that I promise ya... I hope everyone keeps using HID quite honestly... I'll start pushing it too just watch...lol

No but no reason to sell others on it until you can max it out.

And there are plenty of variables to consider when choosing a lamp.

Also my cmh gives over 30% less than my 600 hortilux super hps. And the quality is better with hps and cmh than cmh alone.

Another over hyped grow light.

They are just tools man. No magic involved.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I never said I won a cup, I even said I wasn't trying... but you won't get even close with the "I know it all" attitude I do know that... Now I really did get pretty famous in my area back in the day, my weed was named after me, there are 100's of people who rave on my product going back 20 years, they named it "bobby weed", I was laying waste to all but a couple small growers in my area.. we are talking back in the 430 son agro days if you have been around long enough to remember those. I was always the one people made fun of for using 1k MH's with 430 son agros. Yet no one could figure out why my product was way better then their all HPS set ups produced,, I tried to tell em back then that you gotta have that MH if you want better quality & they all laughed at me, said MH wouldn't even make a plant flower...lol. Now its LED's & most have not figured it out yet.. oh the times change but peoples "I know more than you attitude" haven't changed.. so just do what you do & you will always be the best of the best in your own world!

Growers used MH for many years before HPS came out. And Flourescents before that.

Quality weed can be grown with any of them or any combination of them.

Maybe its you who should stop with the better than them stuff.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Keep doing what your doing... one day you will wake up & realize "Ok boomer" applies to you...lol. I was in your boat 1 year ago, thought I knew it all, Oh what I have learned this past year tho... I fell like a big dumbass but blurples were not the answer so I only got in the real good LED game a tad late. Im 48 years old BTW, no spring chicken, not new to the game.. I am old school & you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Im 34, boomer doesn't apply to either of us. Did someone say that to you? Not sure what gave you the impression I'm in the know it all boat, there are so many things such as various growing methods, types of extractions, different nutrients, etc that I have little to no experience with and you will not see me commenting on them beyond that experience. I'm glad you have learned a lot over the past year, why stop now?

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Growers used MH for many years before HPS came out. And Flourescents before that.

OK boomer applies to anyone stuck in their ways, it has nothing to do with actual age.. boomers are just typically stuck in their ways thus thats where the phrase came from but it applies to anyone who thinks like a boomer aka anyone who is stuck in their ways.. lol. And no I just feel like an OK boomer myself for not figuring out there are better ways sooner than I did!

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

I like coming here because I like listen what others have to say. Give it a try and if it does work oh well. What works for doesn't work for others and vice versa. Nothing wrong with trying new things

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like coming here because I like listen what others have to say. Give it a try and if it does work oh well. What works for doesn't work for others and vice versa. Nothing wrong with trying new things

I agree with your last sentence but risking our gardens on the advice of a stranger online is not a wise move without a lot of research.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

OK boomer applies to anyone stuck in their ways, it has nothing to do with actual age.. boomers are just typically stuck in their ways thus thats where the phrase came from but it applies to anyone who thinks like a boomer aka anyone who is stuck in their ways.. lol. And no I just feel like an OK boomer myself for not figuring out there are better ways sooner than I did!

I have not heard the term “Boomer” used in that context.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Yes I am well aware they were used prior to sodiums but that didn't stop people from swearing HPS was better or the "only way".. and they were half right, it is better for yield, it is however not better for quality & that is a well known fact now days & has been for a long time now.. mh= better quality, HPS = bigger yield but everyone & their brother would argue that wasn't the case back in the day.. fact is it was the case.. the highest potency buds come from MH when we are talking old school HID. Now the highest quality is coming from CMH bar none! But LED is king of yield with only a slight drop off in quality compared to CMH, for the best of the best you want LED & CHM just like back in the day if you wanted the best of the best you needed both MH & HPS in flower.. there is no debate & if you do debate it just block me because your "knowledge" is not knowledge thus is useless to me!

Top Bottom