Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Typically the bugs come with the potting soil , bag soil mixes , thats why i suggest every friend or beginner to start seeds , young plants in promix , where they ( pests ) are less likely to be found...
It's irritating. I thought they were gone and the searching I water, they're back. I hate these things. I'm picking up the promix tomorrow. And more pearlite. I already went through a huge bag. I thought I was doing this the cheapest way possible. I didn't know about these other options and that they were affordable.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

My cheapo ph pen, that I literally just got a couple weeks ago, already has dead batteries. But I'm replacing those too. I will Google that to Gerry Moore in depth info, but you described it pretty well. I appreciate it very much. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.
Haahaaa! I hate this phone. I have no idea why it created the typos that it does. I meant slurry test not Gerry Moore.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I had gotten them pretty bad in my 2nd grow. I tossed a dunk into a 5 gallon jug I used for waterings and feeds. I placed a few random sticky traps up and the problem was gone in less then a week.
Good results are good to hear because this stuff is impractical. I don't like it at all.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That's the same think as mosquito bits, right? I knew about the sticky traps but somebody that I thought knew what she was doing, told me to use the diam earth. She said the soil needed to be dry on top and to bottom water. That was fine for the few plants that survived the great vinegar debacle of 2020, but I can't top water my cannabis plants, and that is my main priority right now. The soil was* dry yesterday. Seeing as though I hadn't seen any gnats in a few days, I top watered. Today I saw 3 in there. I asked her about the mosquito bits and she said they're for fruit flies, not fungus gnats. Lesson learned. But, apparently, now I have to go through that shit all over again.
No you don't bottom water plants in soil ever, always top water. Yes, you can use bits, there BTI, same as dunks

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I just checked and my Home Depot doesn't have Promix. They have Black Magic, which I think is the same brand, but it has peat in it. It's also $25. I'm nor sure how much it would take. I can check Menards though? Or a farm and fleet store?

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

No you don't bottom water plants in soil ever, always top water. Yes, you can use bits, there BTI, same as dunks
Yeah, I didn't want to. I wad just trying to save my plants. The stuff didn't work anyway.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I just checked and my Home Depot doesn't have Promix. They have Black Magic, which I think is the same brand, but it has peat in it. It's also $25. I'm nor sure how much it would take. I can check Menards though? Or a farm and fleet store?
Farm and fleet is my favorite store I always used fox farm ocean forest blend never had a problem but some babies it's to hot for them right away and they burn up

DeezNutes

DeezNutes

I was told to test the ph and ppm of the runoff from the medium. And collect the runoff after it has started to drip but not when it's almost done dripping so in the middle. That should give u an idea of what ph the water is turning into or going through and what the ppms are compared to what you give them. Has anyone tried else this before? Sometimes I like giving seedlings spring water- has some minerals like calcium magnesium sodium and potassium also nitrogen. I usually start seeds in the spring of waters but the kinds I use have good ph as far as I can tell. They claim 6.9 on google but have full water analysis reports showing minerals and ph of 7.0-7.5 for the sources around me. That works for me and them cuz i know they make the mediums a little acidic. Theres a ph for cloning too

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use 3 gallon pots and I get three or four ounces per plant; you don't really need huge pots in my opinion

I pay $18.50 for Fox Farm and with the perlite it fills at least nine 3 gallon pots per bag

But for pure economy the Home Depot Pro mix can't be beat in my opinion but you're still going to need perlite with that particular all purpose product, which is the only type Promix they carry, at least here it is
View attachment 935815
[/QUO
I checked Blain's. They had ff forest blend and frog blend?, but not promix. I found a store that has it. It's about 25 minutes away, but at least they do.
i think your confused by to many recomendations,everyone grows difrent,so 50 difrent ideas,find you someone you think know there shit and try it there way at least til your plants turn around ,i read this whole thread and im thinking the biggest problem you got is over thinking it,transplanting isnt the answer,i think you need to get the knats under control and leave the plant right like it is,you never did throw up another pic yesterday.
so i cant tell what you got,the first pic is saveable with tlc,but from all the difrent ideas isnt gonna be,pro mix is by no means a set it and forget it medium either,ocean forest either,but ocean forest has all the goodies the plant not only wants but needs,the age old statement of its to hot,most that say tis read it,i run seed to harvest in it,if it to hot it from dumping nutrients in it before the nutes already in it were depleted,so thats a load of crap.
like i mentioned yesterday and from the picture i see ,the only one,that plant can be dug up with a spoon and transplanted into a solo cup,were it doesnt get over watered and such things like this happening,but i cant really say,havent seen it.
far as the light statment with back if hands ,works like a charm for HID lighting,but led lights is another ball game,so that what i mean difrent methods,i still think a fresh bag of ocean forest ,i mean pick that bag up and if it is light and hasnt been rained on ,buy it transplant your baby into it,and we go from there,from there will be water only,

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

i think your confused by to many recomendations,everyone grows difrent,so 50 difrent ideas,find you someone you think know there shit and try it there way at least til your plants turn around ,i read this whole thread and im thinking the biggest problem you got is over thinking it,transplanting isnt the answer,i think you need to get the knats under control and leave the plant right like it is,you never did throw up another pic yesterday.
so i cant tell what you got,the first pic is saveable with tlc,but from all the difrent ideas isnt gonna be,pro mix is by no means a set it and forget it medium either,ocean forest either,but ocean forest has all the goodies the plant not only wants but needs,the age old statement of its to hot,most that say tis read it,i run seed to harvest in it,if it to hot it from dumping nutrients in it before the nutes already in it were depleted,so thats a load of crap.
like i mentioned yesterday and from the picture i see ,the only one,that plant can be dug up with a spoon and transplanted into a solo cup,were it doesnt get over watered and such things like this happening,but i cant really say,havent seen it.
far as the light statment with back if hands ,works like a charm for HID lighting,but led lights is another ball game,so that what i mean difrent methods,i still think a fresh bag of ocean forest ,i mean pick that bag up and if it is light and hasnt been rained on ,buy it transplant your baby into it,and we go from there,from there will be water only,
I don't remember saying that I wad going to post another pic, but I believe you. And yes, it's a lot of conflicting info. I wanted to do promix because it was more cost effective. I didn't know one bag would fill af many pots as it does. I'll go take a pic now.

20200131 081457
20200131 081422
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I don't remember saying that I wad going to post another pic, but I believe you. And yes, it's a lot of conflicting info. I wanted to do promix because it was more cost effective. I didn't know one bag would fill af many pots as it does. I'll go take a pic now.
ok see how them baby leaves are yellow and about to fall off?
that is your first indicator that you need to start feeding the plant,doesnt matter which media you want to use ,just do this,get your ph and ppm of feed right and stick to the method the hannah feed schedule shows you,at the stage of life your plant is at,all the way to you get about 3 full sets of leaves is a seedling stage,feed your plant 250 ppm of feed max,so what media are you now using ? the ph is gonna be 6.2 in pro mix were i would start,when i run it my happy spot is 6.5 the same as soil.
your water source,RO or TAP?
have you checked it to see what the ppm is on it along with ph?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's irritating. I thought they were gone and the searching I water, they're back. I hate these things. I'm picking up the promix tomorrow. And more pearlite. I already went through a huge bag. I thought I was doing this the cheapest way possible. I didn't know about these other options and that they were affordable.
Like Old School mentioned, there are as many different ways to grow as there are growers. I use Promixbecause I have had great results from it and have the process dialed in. Some feed daily, I feed every 12 days or so, depending on how the plants look. With promix, I dump a gallon of water a day on the plants that are at least 4 weeks old until the end of flowering... some might take 1.5 gallons a day if they get big... Sativa strains seem to take more water. I feed every 12-15 days with a 20-20-20 general fertilizer and a general blooming fertilizer. To the Promix I add about 15-20% compost/manure mix, a handfull of wood ashes, and some extended release prill fertilizer. I use tap water so I don't need Cal-Mag, and the high water flow thru the 5 gallon buckets as well as the lower amount of nutes insures that I don't get lockouts or salt buildup. YES, you do have to water daily, or every other day until they get larger, but I'm sure that an autowater system could be used if pouring water on them is impractical. Remember that it is a plant and doesn't think or reason, it just uses sunlight to grow and hopefully produce seeds (from plant's perspective). Things take time, especially in seedling stage... take your time and don't expect an instant reaction from every change you make as it can take weeks for things to show up on the plant. As long as you go easy on the nutes and don't mess with the Ph (it sort of self balances) too much, provide enough O2 at the roots (not waterlogged), then you should be good. Adding too many nutes can cause issues for some strains and growers... remember that it's much easier to add nutes than to try to remove them. Good Luck and keep me in the loop, please.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ok see how them baby leaves are yellow and about to fall off?
that is your first indicator that you need to start feeding the plant,doesnt matter which media you want to use ,just do this,get your ph and ppm of feed right and stick to the method the hannah feed schedule shows you,at the stage of life your plant is at,all the way to you get about 3 full sets of leaves is a seedling stage,feed your plant 250 ppm of feed max,so what media are you now using ? the ph is gonna be 6.2 in pro mix were i would start,when i run it my happy spot is 6.5 the same as soil.
your water source,RO or TAP?
have you checked it to see what the ppm is on it along with ph?
I do. I assumed it was the soil and/or water since the damage is going from bottom to top. I'd think light burn would be concentrated more on top since that's what receives the most light. Right now I have them in a mix of organic soil from home depot mixed in equal parts with peat and pearlite. I'm using ro at 5.5, which I get is too low. I'll change it ot next time I water. The nutes I got is attached. Not those sizes, but that's what I have. I need to get batteries today for my ph meter and I do not have a ppm.

Screenshot 20200131 091117 Amazon Shopping
ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Like Old School mentioned, there are as many different ways to grow as there are growers. I use Promixbecause I have had great results from it and have the process dialed in. Some feed daily, I feed every 12 days or so, depending on how the plants look. With promix, I dump a gallon of water a day on the plants that are at least 4 weeks old until the end of flowering... some might take 1.5 gallons a day if they get big... Sativa strains seem to take more water. I feed every 12-15 days with a 20-20-20 general fertilizer and a general blooming fertilizer. To the Promix I add about 15-20% compost/manure mix, a handfull of wood ashes, and some extended release prill fertilizer. I use tap water so I don't need Cal-Mag, and the high water flow thru the 5 gallon buckets as well as the lower amount of nutes insures that I don't get lockouts or salt buildup. YES, you do have to water daily, or every other day until they get larger, but I'm sure that an autowater system could be used if pouring water on them is impractical. Remember that it is a plant and doesn't think or reason, it just uses sunlight to grow and hopefully produce seeds (from plant's perspective). Things take time, especially in seedling stage... take your time and don't expect an instant reaction from every change you make as it can take weeks for things to show up on the plant. As long as you go easy on the nutes and don't mess with the Ph (it sort of self balances) too much, provide enough O2 at the roots (not waterlogged), then you should be good. Adding too many nutes can cause issues for some strains and growers... remember that it's much easier to add nutes than to try to remove them. Good Luck and keep me in the loop, please.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I do. I assumed it was the soil and/or water since the damage is going from bottom to top. I'd think light burn would be concentrated more on top since that's what receives the most light. Right now I have them in a mix of organic soil from home depot mixed in equal parts with peat and pearlite. I'm using ro at 5.5, which I get is too low. I'll change it ot next time I water. The nutes I got is attached. Not those sizes, but that's what I have. I need to get batteries today for my ph meter and I do not have a ppm.
the trio is fine,what type soil did you get the kellogs garden soil?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm going to go with the promix/pearlite combo.
fox farm trio will work fine in the pro mix too,but as jim mentioned a Balanced nutrient program has to be maintained that were the hannah system comes in,you cant feed a baby 1600 ppm when a lot of fully mature plants cant handle it if you dig what im saying,in your pro mix that ph needs to be around 6.5 also

Latest posts

Top Bottom