Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Led for final finishing iv found handy if you can control the spectrum fully.
Depends on how you want your high from the bud to be?

it works for me so far

Burgerdude

Burgerdude

I always make my own medium, but I start( when I'm doing soil) with a high end dirt mix, I mean soil. Or many poo's of flavor. Then I'll push it Fkn hard. First thing after getting and mixing is to test water content and drainage, by filling my hand with soil then adding about 4 oz. water to it. Then squeeze tight and hold it for a few. If when you let go it stays tight like a muddy dirt clod then you need a separator for better oxygen saturation and root growth. like per-lite. If the roots can't breath the plant will not be the dank special you had smoked, sorry. I prefer pumice the (real thing) and if it immediately falls apart then more humic, worm castings, and some Buffalo loam my preference. When it smells good enough to eat then all the "tests". But what I do is add 1 gallon of water per 1 1 1/2 sq ft of soil in a dirt supply bag usually the one the base soil came in mix it well, then reseal it for 24 to whenever you need it as so less chance of surprises when you plant.
Awesome, I'm so glad to see someone take the time to really understand their soil. I this summer tested a half dozen soil recipes and didn't think of doing a test for problems like drainage and water retention as you did I just whipped up a half doesn't different recipes transplanted the babies into them and crossed my fingers. It's very obvious which ones are liking their soil. Now the kicker. I didn't record anything thinking I'd just magically remember which was what. And I completely forget lmao.

Reactions: Ina
Burgerdude

Burgerdude

If you are talking about mine I harvested yesterday with almost 50% Amber the rest cloudy no new growth. Not my first rodeo. But thanks for you opinion. HPS suck imo. I’m outside 12 hours and inside for the rest. HPS brings too much heat and stress to my equation. Wet yield: 22oz. I’ll take that any day. That was one big ass plant.
Very beautiful 😍 if you had 22 wet oz I can't wait to harvest mine ahahah.
IMG 20200713 174422 02

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Very beautiful 😍 if you had 22 wet oz I can't wait to harvest mine ahahah.View attachment 1001398
That pic is half the yield bud. The other half is hanging to the right drying. Couldn't fit it all into one pic but I can. when they hit their curing jars. That plant was right a 5 feet, predominant indica, lst'd to force cola like bud development at the end of each branch, and defoliated of fan leaves so that the inner nugs that most people scoff at as "popcorn" had plenty of light to create golf ball sized tight frosty nugs. Totally different than what you've got going on. Its light regimen was strictly controlled. And in bad weather it came inside to chill under the lights for the day. Fox Farms bloom and booster was used at the end. Earth Juice bloom and cal mag at the beginning of flowering. The soil took ot through veg. Good luck with your grow.

Burgerdude

Burgerdude

That pic is half the yield bud. The other half is hanging to the right drying. Couldn't fit it all into one pic but I can. when they hit their curing jars. That plant was right a 5 feet, predominant indica, lst'd to force cola like bud development at the end of each branch, and defoliated of fan leaves so that the inner nugs that most people scoff at as "popcorn" had plenty of light to create golf ball sized tight frosty nugs. Totally different than what you've got going on. Its light regimen was strictly controlled. And in bad weather it came inside to chill under the lights for the day. Fox Farms bloom and booster was used at the end. Earth Juice bloom and cal mag at the beginning of flowering. The soil took ot through veg. Good luck with your grow.
Nice! That's awesomeness 😊👍 I'm stoked, it's my first time so it was super cool to see before and after like that thanks! Glad you had a great experience Bud 👍.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Nice! That's awesomeness 😊👍 I'm stoked, it's my first time so it was super cool to see before and after like that thanks! Glad you had a great experience Bud 👍.
You’re going to love the journey man :)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I would bump that ph up to 6.5. Cause if you look at that chart I posted that is the ph range u want for soil and with a low ph range the roots cant uptake what they need as far as nutrition

The chart shows the ideal range for the actual pH of the soil, with a pH of 6.5 being the sweet spot. There's no need to pH your water if it falls within the normal range of 6.5-8.0. The soil will buffer the solution just fine. Adjusting pH of nutrients is really only necessary for hydroponics. I see too many people trying to do too much and it ends up doing more harm than good. I prefer the KISS approach. I start with a nutrient rich soil with the proper pH and let mother nature do the rest. I will go a whole grow and only add nutes a small handful of times.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im complete oppisite,i dont rely on the soil doing my work,i work for it,i check every thing ,if things go south ,2/3rds my biz is already done for diagnosies,if i know my soil ph,i know my amends,i know how many ppm of feed i feed,and i know what is running from the bottom of pot and what is going in the top ,there isnt a guess left,you already know if you dig.
even growing for 40 some odd years i never slack off and just asume my water supply is ideal as the same with my soil ph,i live in the south of texas,there isnt a stable water source or soil,anthrax is been killing off our deer herds for 2 years,so complacency gets you no were,beside that how do you teach a grand kid how to grow veggies and trees with 100 year old myths,you very well might be able to read a plant but they cant,having a couple grows under your belt dont make you a scientist either,im not never will be cause my gift of texas is a every day thing.hahahah
if your growing right in mother earth whole difrent ball game,in containers you need to check this stuff i have done so much feed checks already know what im feeding,only if my water ph is right off the bat.
so the love a limestone base aquifer and change as the wind blows,i highly doubt your just gonna water it with out checking or tweaking something.but maybe so,i just never could stand a teacher that cut corners just to hurry and get it done,why bother if that your gig

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

OK...you're making this much more difficult than Rocket Science...your Ph should be around 6...get a Ph pen, $45, I just did...um, try using mycorrhizae fungi soil mix...no need for this & that like you have...get a small table fan and keep a slight breeze around them...don't use any fertilizers at this point...lift a container the same size with dry soil in it, get used to that weight, then only water the pot plant when it feels light, thus dry. It takes practice...you'll learn stuff, get better and better with practice, make mistakes...last year, I kept a lazy male plant around...not sure why I didn't immediately murder it...all my plants got fertilized!!! Except one...what a waste, nice plants, nice buds...UNTIL THEY GOT RAPED.No worries...easy does it...and don't make it so difficult for yourself...after all, it's just a weed. You'll find, in time, that if your pot plant gets beat up in the rain & wind, or you fall on it and break branches (I have numerous times), you use that biological tape and a splint to mend it, it'll heal and be even thicker and stronger with a callous formed, the plants will survive and be better...stress is good for pot plants...it really is...you'll find out in time. Remember though, unless you enjoy seedy weak potency buds, as soon as you determine a man is hanging around your lovely lonely lady plants...KILL HIM, and do it carefully...wrapa bag around him, yank nim out the ground...and do it right now. lol Good luck That Crazy Stoner Chick chick.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

Don't use coco...use ProMix Mycorrhizae...the absolute best stuff there is...I seen guys buy bundles of it and plant the plant right into the bag bundle...looks funny but works so well....

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

OK...you're making this much more difficult than Rocket Science...your Ph should be around 6...get a Ph pen, $45, I just did...um, try using mycorrhizae fungi soil mix...no need for this & that like you have...get a small table fan and keep a slight breeze around them...don't use any fertilizers at this point...lift a container the same size with dry soil in it, get used to that weight, then only water the pot plant when it feels light, thus dry. It takes practice...you'll learn stuff, get better and better with practice, make mistakes...last year, I kept a lazy male plant around...not sure why I didn't immediately murder it...all my plants got fertilized!!! Except one...what a waste, nice plants, nice buds...UNTIL THEY GOT RAPED.No worries...easy does it...and don't make it so difficult for yourself...after all, it's just a weed. You'll find, in time, that if your pot plant gets beat up in the rain & wind, or you fall on it and break branches (I have numerous times), you use that biological tape and a splint to mend it, it'll heal and be even thicker and stronger with a callous formed, the plants will survive and be better...stress is good for pot plants...it really is...you'll find out in time. Remember though, unless you enjoy seedy weak potency buds, as soon as you determine a man is hanging around your lovely lonely lady plants...KILL HIM, and do it carefully...wrapa bag around him, yank nim out the ground...and do it right now. lol Good luck That Crazy Stoner Chick chick.
If it were that easy to rid myself permanently of all the toxic males in my life... snip here, rip there, dispose of in baggie. Life should be this simple. 😇

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

im complete oppisite,i dont rely on the soil doing my work,i work for it,i check every thing ,if things go south ,2/3rds my biz is already done for diagnosies,if i know my soil ph,i know my amends,i know how many ppm of feed i feed,and i know what is running from the bottom of pot and what is going in the top ,there isnt a guess left,you already know if you dig.
even growing for 40 some odd years i never slack off and just asume my water supply is ideal as the same with my soil ph,i live in the south of texas,there isnt a stable water source or soil,anthrax is been killing off our deer herds for 2 years,so complacency gets you no were,beside that how do you teach a grand kid how to grow veggies and trees with 100 year old myths,you very well might be able to read a plant but they cant,having a couple grows under your belt dont make you a scientist either,im not never will be cause my gift of texas is a every day thing.hahahah
if your growing right in mother earth whole difrent ball game,in containers you need to check this stuff i have done so much feed checks already know what im feeding,only if my water ph is right off the bat.
so the love a limestone base aquifer and change as the wind blows,i highly doubt your just gonna water it with out checking or tweaking something.but maybe so,i just never could stand a teacher that cut corners just to hurry and get it done,why bother if that your gig
I made that mistake a couple of times already with water.
I've had that problem with water a few times. I ph'd the rain water, so I assumed that's be constant. Because... it's...rain. Apparently the ph can vary wildly though. Even the tap is never completely the same. I am pretty good with reading plants, but these don't have all the same diseases, etc that other plants do. They don't present the same way of they do. Against the advice of quite a few people, I'm also growing outside right now. There have been all sorts of obstacles in it, but what I've done so far seems to be working pretty well. Nature is apparently much kinder than I. I'm trying different things on different plants to see what works and what doesn't. You'd be impressed actually. I'll post a few pics if I still have them. I've been VERY sick for over a week. Today is the first day I've even looked at them in that long, and they've exploded. If I been move around better tomorrow, I'll take recent pics. These are from a couple weeks ago I think.

20200713 083446
20200712 090154
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I made that mistake a couple of times already with water.

I've had that problem with water a few times. I ph'd the rain water, so I assumed that's be constant. Because... it's...rain. Apparently the ph can vary wildly though. Even the tap is never completely the same. I am pretty good with reading plants, but these don't have all the same diseases, etc that other plants do. They don't present the same way of they do. Against the advice of quite a few people, I'm also growing outside right now. There have been all sorts of obstacles in it, but what I've done so far seems to be working pretty well. Nature is apparently much kinder than I. I'm trying different things on different plants to see what works and what doesn't. You'd be impressed actually. I'll post a few pics if I still have them. I've been VERY sick for over a week. Today is the first day I've even looked at them in that long, and they've exploded. If I been move around better tomorrow, I'll take recent pics. These are from a couple weeks ago I think.
you have to remember rain water collect everything in the cloud and air,could be acidic or alkaline,i had the biggest issue about 4 years ago living in the city,water had so much crap in it i would collect the rain water as much as i could,it would be high or low each time,the city water i would fill a 33 gal can ,bubble it,same shit high or low ph nothing stables and was talking with a buddy and realized they were putting in a new hiway by the house and all that lime they road base with was floating in the air jacking my shit all up.
to this day i use meter period,dont care what others say about it,that garden was spoken for by a friend that really need the medicine,me being complacent and slack cost a whole grow over dumb shit,so ya im a newbie and will remain that way haah

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

you have to remember rain water collect everything in the cloud and air,could be acidic or alkaline,i had the biggest issue about 4 years ago living in the city,water had so much crap in it i would collect the rain water as much as i could,it would be high or low each time,the city water i would fill a 33 gal can ,bubble it,same shit high or low ph nothing stables and was talking with a buddy and realized they were putting in a new hiway by the house and all that lime they road base with was floating in the air jacking my shit all up.
to this day i use meter period,dont care what others say about it,that garden was spoken for by a friend that really need the medicine,me being complacent and slack cost a whole grow over dumb shit,so ya im a newbie and will remain that way haah
Lol, me too. Will always learn.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

what is this? I can't find a definitive answer. I assume a sufficiency because I'm very very sick and they've been neglected.

20200727 082730
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
what is this? I can't find a definitive answer. I assume a sufficiency because I'm very very sick and they've been neglected.
Hope you feel better. Hope
You don’t have the Rona. I hope it’s not the start of rot. How’s the humidity been? I also see signs of tip burn which indicates a little heavy on the nutrients. This is just a thought and not an answer.
BurnZ

67732D6B 5C4C 4401 929E F8CFACD1BF4B
Top Bottom