please help! can potency be different from grow to grow

• Thread starter bobman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobman

I am growing ak47 from serious, and I must say I am not impressed at all. I have one last pheno I hope will be special. Here is my question. When I placed my first round of clones, from this pheno, into flower I believe i gave them to much nitrogen(veg nutes for the first couple of waterings). This pheno did not react well to the excess nitrogen. They did not start to flower until day 45 and there was some weird leaf growth at the top of the plant. Overall the plants have been healthy and green and have good trich development but the last few weeks have taken a toll on them because they have gone so long. They are at 103 days and the trichs are mostly cloudy. Well, I just smoked the nicest sample I could find right off the plant without drying and it did not do a thing to me.

I also have the next round of clones from this pheno in flower at 35 days. I switched to flowering nutes right from the start. These plants look very good and normal so far. I think they will be done in five weeks or around 70 days

Is there a chance these plants will be more potent? The first round of clones were messed up and they are just limping to the end(lost all there fan leaves a few weeks ago) but from my experience good genetics shine through even when there is a hiccup.

S

SweetIslandFunk

Slow your roll homie, just let it dry out for a week or so then try it. Even when I'm sampling my plant if a branch fell off or whatever I always let it dry for at least a few days. Raw fresh plant matter is a tough thing to smoke and not the best First impression.

B

bobman

i was thinking that but you should get a nice effect still. I believe I have done this before and gotten stoned. I have also read that it should still get you stoned.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
weed needs to dry

Until your weed is dry you are wasting your time. If you want to try it immediately put it in the microwave for 10 second intervals until it is dry then smoke it.This will still suck compared to slow dried, but much better than smoking wet weed

mal

B

BeachBummed

yeah dude gotta wait til it feels at least a little crisp. smoking wet weed wont even melt anything its wet.

dude 103 days damn. is that something you actually want to be cutting and cloning for runs? im sure you can find a pheno that would get you close to two runs in in that time...

i was also under the impression that most of the essential oils in cannabis dont become active till it dries out?? please correct me if im wrong, but while drying and having that impression i havent gone wrong....

good luck mang!

B

bobman

i am pretty sure i have smoked fresh off the plant weed before and gotten ripped but maybe my memory is slipping. the 103 days is only because of the nitrogen od. the new round looks totally fine and should be done between 8-10 weeks they way they look now. thanks for the input guys. just trying to figure this plant and strain out. i took a big gamble phasing out my last strain before i knew what i had. i just figured i would get something good out of 2 packs of ak. right now it does not look to be the case.

420king-MASSES

your not getting anything cause your blazing directly from the plant ya gotta dry it out to make the buds pschoactive ak47 is one of the few plants thats stood the test of time it is a solid strain with excellent high so just slow down a few paces and dry your gals out

N

noone88

I really doubt that excess nitrogen would increase your flowering time.

Our plants thrive the best under ideal climate and lighting conditions. IMO nutrients is second place when compared to temp/humidity/lighting.

Once you achieved optimum or near-optimum environmental conditions, your plant will produce the best flowers as possible.

Lastly, you stated that you saw weird leaf growth. Make sure you don't have a light leak and you have good control over your 12/12. A weird leaf growth could be signs of revegging (which would explain the late onset of flowers).

B

bobman

pictures worth a thousand words. This same pheno looks totally normal at 35 days. I narrowed it down to nitrogen. I had other plants flowering in the same room at the same time with no problems.
akfltop.JPG
akflfull.JPG
akday78.JPG
ak45days.JPG

B

bobman

the first 3 pictures r from day 78 and the last is from day 45.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Until your weed is dry you are wasting your time. If you want to try it immediately put it in the microwave for 10 second intervals until it is dry then smoke it.This will still suck compared to slow dried, but much better than smoking wet weed

mal
I blush, but nod. Yep.

S

SweetIslandFunk

pictures worth a thousand words. This same pheno looks totally normal at 35 days. I narrowed it down to nitrogen. I had other plants flowering in the same room at the same time with no problems.
akfltop.JPG
akflfull.JPG
akday78.JPG
ak45days.JPG

Yikes, i'm no master grower or anything, but it looks like your plant went into revegg. It started to flower and then some how decided to go back into veg. What was your light schedule? That would certainly effect potency, maybe someone else can elaborate on that.

B

bobman

I was able to narrow it down to excess nitrogen in early flower. i was used to giving my plants veg nutes for the first few feedings in order to keep them green the whole time. I never experienced a problem before this plant. it did not like that at all. Their sisters at 35 days in the same room and same environment look totally different. Its actually very amazing to see the difference.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yikes, i'm no master grower or anything, but it looks like your plant went into revegg. It started to flower and then some how decided to go back into veg. What was your light schedule? That would certainly effect potency, maybe someone else can elaborate on that.
I agree, and that it will not only affect potency but yield, as well.

I have never pushed so much nitrogen, however, that that is the cause of pushing the funky leaves. That has always been a function of light, meaning photoperiod, in my limited experience.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Their sisters at 35 days in the same room and same environment look totally different. Its actually very amazing to see the difference.

they show tip burn...and dark blue, soggy leaves like a toxicity. what is your room like? what are your parameters? what are you feeding them? how much is 'too much' nitrogen?

didn't give them all the same feeding regimen? where are you getting your clones from? could it be that they are different - and mislabeled - cultivars? phenotypes shouldn't drift that much in the same environment.

Blaze

Blaze

Excess nitrogen can and will extend flowering time to some extent.

The essential oils in cannabis are psychoactive when the plant is fresh. In fact they are more psychoactive when the plant is fresh than when they plant is dried and cured. This is primarily due to the fact that fresh buds have higher THC levels since very little of it has degraded into CBN (or was it CBN? I forget which one) and some of the more volatile cannabanoids that vaporize during the drying and curing process are still present.

There is no magical way to increase potency and genetics ultimately determine how potent a plant is but environment can have some effect. If a plant is really stressed out and unhealthy it simply will not be able to produce as much essential oils as a healthy, thriving plant.

Just my two cents - good luck with your plants.

N

noone88

I had something similar happen to me with a strain I grew from seed. I was able to narrow it down to heat-susceptibility. It couldn't handle the 85 degrees in a sealed room and would continue this half veg half flowering mode. The end result was crap. It was a bad pheno with even worse recessive traits.

What are your room temps?

B

BeachBummed

reminds me of the burmese kush phenos that i read about in their breeder forum. the always flowering never pack on weight ones.... dont know...

i've personally never experienced like a reveg or light leak fortunately, i did do some dumb shit on my first grow and i had it in my backyard and just set it in the closet for 12/12 setting, foliar sprayed and watered every single day with FF grow big. lol idk wtf i was doing. it had somewhat similar growth (strand was bagseed bullshit i dont know first grow ya know) but still it had a lot of CRAZY growth like spinning in circles and burnt and shit.

yours do look super dark and almost soggy ish.... how hot is your room? and air? set up? lil bit of tip burn too

S

SweetIslandFunk

I was able to narrow it down to excess nitrogen in early flower. i was used to giving my plants veg nutes for the first few feedings in order to keep them green the whole time. I never experienced a problem before this plant. it did not like that at all. Their sisters at 35 days in the same room and same environment look totally different. Its actually very amazing to see the difference.

I like to do the opposite, I'll give my plants a week or two of flower nutes at the end of veg then Flip the switch. In my experience I see flowers and sex a few days earlier.

Top Bottom