Please help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Myster21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Myster21

Myster21

I think that eggshells in the garden take months to break down into usable ca. There is plenty of ca in your soil. You e locked it out by over watering/over feeding. If your water going in is way out of ph range then fix it. Otherwise do not water to run off. That’s too wet. Do not add cal-mag or salt Nutes. Water with adjusted water and do it conscientiously so that nothing is drowning in moisture. Let things dry out a bit and don’t add anything. It’ll work itself out. The thing with living soil is that your choises are made before the grow starts.
ok so im going to let the plant dry a bit, that was what i did last time before watering her. but i definetly going to change the RO water. one of the reasons i choose living soil was because i suposed i just have to water from seed to harves and do nothing else. I made wrong desitions at the moment of feed my plants and now you guys both have reason in what you says. Ph might be to low, Ca deficiency its because the lockout in the soil. I have the plants in fabric pots, i can't runoff like that, it's not that simple here. What im thinking and i hope you guys help me an tell me if im wrong is: Let the plants drink all the water they all ready have in the soil, (last feed was 3ml Cal/Mag Plus +1/2 Recharge in 1G of Ro water) this time im going to change to tap water, let the water evaporate the clhoorite for 48h, then adjust Ph to 6.5 and water the plants. That its for the plants in living soil.
For my other two plants (GG#4/AHaze) wich have the same deficiency but in later stages, i have to thinking how to feed them with the nutrients that i have (GH, CAL/MAG PLUS and Recharge) to be able to save the girls and i honestly need help in this. (I CAN RUNOFF THIS 2 PLANTS they are in plastic pots GG#4 its drying by the hour-2week of flower) i don't wanna mess this up. Thank you @Aqua Man, @cloudyhelads

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok so im going to let the plant dry a bit, that was what i did last time before watering her. but i definetly going to change the RO water. one of the reasons i choose living soil was because i suposed i just have to water from seed to harves and do nothing else. I made wrong desitions at the moment of feed my plants and now you guys both have reason in what you says. Ph might be to low, Ca deficiency its because the lockout in the soil. I have the plants in fabric pots, i can't runoff like that, it's not that simple here. What im thinking and i hope you guys help me an tell me if im wrong is: Let the plants drink all the water they all ready have in the soil, (last feed was 3ml Cal/Mag Plus +1/2 Recharge in 1G of Ro water) this time im going to change to tap water, let the water evaporate the clhoorite for 48h, then adjust Ph to 6.5 and water the plants. That its for the plants in living soil.
For my other two plants (GG#4/AHaze) wich have the same deficiency but in later stages, i have to thinking how to feed them with the nutrients that i have (GH, CAL/MAG PLUS and Recharge) to be able to save the girls and i honestly need help in this. (I CAN RUNOFF THIS 2 PLANTS they are in plastic pots GG#4 its drying by the hour-2week of flower) i don't wanna mess this up. Thank you @Aqua Man, @cloudyhelads
Out the plant in a clean bucket or tub... Something to catch the water. Then water slowly until you get enough run off to test in the tub or pail. You only need enough to pour into a glass to measure it. From there you can tell if it's ph related or possibly other. You need to find the root cause in order to fix it.

threatco

threatco

Out the plant in a clean bucket or tub... Something to catch the water. Then water slowly until you get enough run off to test in the tub or pail. You only need enough to pour into a glass to measure it. From there you can tell if it's ph related or possibly other. You need to find the root cause in order to fix it.

Really need to do that test somehow. 6.5 ph tap water may be right, but if the soil ph is way off that will change how to approach it.

Myster21

Myster21

I WILL DO THAT LATER TODAY with the GG#4 shes in small plastic pot. I will let you know. thanks

20200511 120516
20200511 120529
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to comment on the tap water. It's not an issue to use of you can check the ppm or Google you local water supply the last thing you want is to put a high sodium content water through the plant. Most tap water is ok but some are just downright bad.

Of your tap water contains chloramine it will take weeks to off gas and most these days do. It's not an issue I just wanted to explain so you understand... If the tap water make up is acceptable then there is no need to let it sit out unless you are using it to make teas in which case it's just better to treat with ascorbic acid, seachem prime or other water conditioner.

Chlorine/chloramines is not going to kill your microbes unless you flush a literal shit ton through the media.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I agree with Aquaman that to really “know” your issue, you need to test the soil. However. 99% of the time, when using organic soil it is an over watering over feeding issue. Watering to runoff may get you an answer but is going to further exacerbate your over feed/water issue. Less is more with the soil. If your running living soil, you have to be careful not to take advise from nute guys who advise “water to runoff” and “add calmag”. They’re playing a different ballgame than you are.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with Aquaman that to really “know” your issue, you need to test the soil. However. 99% of the time, when using organic soil it is an over watering over feeding issue. Watering to runoff may get you an answer but is going to further exacerbate your over feed/water issue. Less is more with the soil. If your running living soil, you have to be careful not to take advise from nute guys who advise “water to runoff” and “add calmag”. They’re playing a different ballgame than you are.
Yeah the only issue is he may have to flush out all the additives in order to get the soil back to hospitable for microbes and the ph stable again. Then re innoculate as this is no longer just a living soil grow but a mix of both and that needs to be taken into account

Salinity and ph are the issue I feel. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. I understand microbes very well. It's not a soil hydro thing they are all the same they need a hospitable environment to thrive. Ph and salinity is a huge part of that equation no matter what media you are in.

Are teas for living soil not made in hydro settings?

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Yeah the only issue is he may have to flush out all the additives in order to get the soil back to hospitable for microbes and the ph stable again. Then re innoculate as this is no longer just a living soil grow but a mix of both and that needs to be taken into account
Agreed. However, I’ve never had luck flushing out soil. I made the same mistakes when I started out, and lost some plants because of it. I have repotted plants to good effect, but in fabric pots that’s a bitch too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agreed. However, I’ve never had luck flushing out soil. I made the same mistakes when I started out, and lost some plants because of it. I have repotted plants to good effect, but in fabric pots that’s a bitch too.
A flush with enzymes (which are produced by bacteria) will help loosen the bonds of nutrients and make it easier to flush out of the soil of excess nutrients. The CEC can be reset in a sense while ridding it of excess nutrients and restoring the ph by doing so.

The enzymes will help the soil until the microbiology can reestablish itself.

There will be permanent damage to the plants and yields will suffer. The longer he waits the more it will impact his grow.

Honestly unless you have done your research and understand how organics and soil work it's not the best place to start in growing unless you have someone helping you who does.

To many people just blindly follow information on the net with no real understanding how these interactions work.

If there is one rule with growing cannabis that is there are no rules and many options or solutions to each problem. There is no one right way to treat an individual problem it will change and depends on each grow and circumstances.

For instance this calcium deficiency... Not gonna fix it by adding more calcium.

This is no longer a true organic grow and therefore it requires some outside the box thinking. Just because a flush never worked for you does not mean it does not work for his circumstances.

im about done in here. The test should be able to help determine the cause.. maybe it's ph maybe it's not. Once he finds out I'm sure he can find a way to fix it.

Myster21

Myster21

A flush with enzymes (which are produced by bacteria) will help loosen the bonds of nutrients and make it easier to flush out of the soil of excess nutrients. The CEC can be reset in a sense while ridding it of excess nutrients and restoring the ph by doing so.

The enzymes will help the soil until the microbiology can reestablish itself.

There will be permanent damage to the plants and yields will suffer. The longer he waits the more it will impact his grow.

Honestly unless you have done your research and understand how organics and soil work it's not the best place to start in growing unless you have someone helping you who does.

To many people just blindly follow information on the net with no real understanding how these interactions work.

If there is one rule with growing cannabis that is there are no rules and many options or solutions to each problem. There is no one right way to treat an individual problem it will change and depends on each grow and circumstances.

For instance this calcium deficiency... Not gonna fix it by adding more calcium.

This is no longer a true organic grow and therefore it requires some outside the box thinking. Just because a flush never worked for you does not mean it does not work for his circumstances.

im about done in here. The test should be able to help determine the cause.. maybe it's ph maybe it's not. Once he finds out I'm sure he can find a way to fix it.

Guy's i just test the run off water Ph, is 7.1 constant, the water comes out clean, i did it with the GG#4 wich is in plastic pot, i can't definetly doing it with the fabric pot. Once you start to add water, it becomes wet and the water comes out from the sides not from the bottom. Now as im writing my plants are worse. i can clearly see the changes over the hours.
Ph its fine, and i can says that im always checking for Water Ph.
About the water, i can use Poland Spring Water iv'e serching in the net and that water have some calcium and magnesiun in it. What you guys think about that and what i should feed next time. Now i have to let the plant drink all that water in the fabric pots, i can't transplant in week 6 of flower. what should do next.
I don't wanna take much of your time but i need help here. im reading everything you guys say and honestly nobody else has been more familiar with this issue, everybody wants to add CAL/MAG and micro and bloom and flush and do millions of things that can kill my plants.
Thanks again @Aqua Man @cloudyhelads

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok makes no sense why it's that high unless your hard water has accumulated minerals in the soil over time.

If the water comes out the sides then that much then I think you have dry spots in the media.

I would suggest running some enzymes through it. To try and rebalance the soil. Maybe the soil was bad to begin with but a ph of 7.1 if to high. Idk if you added something like dolomite lime or what. There are a lot of variables now that we know it's not low ph. And Im really wondering how the soil was to start with and if it can be fixed. This is not a common issue. I know you can't really go by runoff bit it does give some insight. I wish I could see the ppm cause I'm kinda scratching my head now.

Myster21

Myster21

Ok makes no sense why it's that high unless your hard water has accumulated minerals in the soil over time.

If the water comes out the sides then that much then I think you have dry spots in the media.

I would suggest running some enzymes through it. To try and rebalance the soil. Maybe the soil was bad to begin with but a ph of 7.1 if to high. Idk if you added something like dolomite lime or what. There are a lot of variables now that we know it's not low ph. And Im really wondering how the soil was to start with and if it can be fixed. This is not a common issue. I know you can't really go by runoff bit it does give some insight. I wish I could see the ppm cause I'm kinda scratching my head now.
Don't tell me, i can't even sleep because of that. i have to wait for the plant to drink all that water right???? and i also feel that the RO water is damaging my plants, how and what i should give them next time. just plain water?, we can't do nothing right now?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don't tell me, i can't even sleep because of that. i have to wait for the plant to drink all that water right???? and i also feel that the RO water is damaging my plants, how and what i should give them next time. just plain water?, we can't do nothing right now?
Do you have pics of them younger? Were they healthy like truely healthy? I'm seriously wondering about the soil itself bit like I say it could be many things now

threatco

threatco

Not helpful, but seems like a prime example of why hydroponics is better for us novices. Spending 20 mins learning about pumps/meters could likely save you days of headaches trying to solve mystery problems.

Myster21

Myster21

Do you have pics of them younger? Were they healthy like truely healthy? I'm seriously wondering about the soil itself bit like I say it could be many things now
im lost brother, i don't know what to write anymore. i apriciate your help like nobody can imagine I can give you my number, maybe you can call trough phone or video or what ever you want and help me here because i don;t know what to do.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

im lost brother, i don't know what to write anymore. i apriciate your help like nobody can imagine I can give you my number, maybe you can call trough phone or video or what ever you want and help me here because i don;t know what to do.
Yeah man I get it... I wish I had the answer right now for ya... This is an anomaly. There is something I am missing and it's bugging me.

Let's start at the beginning. What soil did you start them in? So you have pics of the different stages of growth so we can try to narrow it down?

Myster21

Myster21

Yeah man I get it... I wish I had the answer right now for ya... This is an anomaly. There is something I am missing and it's bugging me.

Let's start at the beginning. What soil did you start them in? So you have pics of the different stages of growth so we can try to narrow it down?
Ok i start them in happy frog Potting soil. i mix 1 pound of natures living soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot with 1/3 of soil. i mixed troughly and then i add the rest of the fabric por whit just soil. i put the plants in there and water with RO water until now. The only time ive use someting diferent was last time that i add the calmag and recharge. but previous that. i saw in one of my plants the small yellow spot, then i knew i had a problem.

this pictures are from my GG#4 when i transplant her to a bigger pot, she was just fine, (shes is not in living soil), but she was the first one to show me the problem. then i had to transplant her to another pot because she was almost ded. then she revives in the new soil, everything starts normal again and 3 days later, same problem but this time in all my plants. the only common thing between all my plants its the water. forgot chemicals and CAL/MAG and recharge, i just used that once.

20200408 1539301
20200409 131726
20200417 123944
20200419 014750
20200408 1539251
20200408 153925
20200408 1539271
20200408 153927
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok i start them in happy frog Potting soil. i mix 1 pound of natures living soil in a 5 gallon fabric pot with 1/3 of soil. i mixed troughly and then i add the rest of the fabric por whit just soil. i put the plants in there and water with RO water until now. The only time ive use someting diferent was last time that i add the calmag and recharge. but previous that. i saw in one of my plants the small yellow spot, then i knew i had a problem.

this pictures are from my GG#4 when i transplant her to a bigger pot, she was just fine, (shes is not in living soil), but she was the first one to show me the problem. then i had to transplant her to another pot because she was almost ded. then she revives in the new soil, everything starts normal again and 3 days later, same problem but this time in all my plants. the only common thing between all my plants its the water. forgot chemicals and CAL/MAG and recharge, i just used that once.
Ok what was the new soil?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can see issues started as soon as the transplant happened.

Top Bottom