please help me identify my nutrient deficiencies

• Thread starter HelpWanted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HelpWanted

I know I have a nutrient deficiency, I believ it may be Iron. Please if anyone can help me figure it out, I have enclosed to pictures. Pay extra close attention to the new growth, specifically the curl, discoloration, hmm maybe a copper deficiency?
I have already treated at as a copper deficiency using; Foxx farm tiger bloom since it has 0.05% copper... not sure though, any advice would help, thanks!

Please help me identify my nutrient deficiencies
Please help me identify my nutrient deficiencies 2
L

lwjay

Questions

What percentage of plants is this happening too?

How hot is the room?

Are you regularly just giving your plants RO Water?

Possible Salt buildup and a good flush will allow your plants to start taking up nutes again.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I see no particular deficiency. If anything you're overfeeding nitrogen with that dark of a green color.

Copper is almost never an issue, and iron deficiency looks nothing at all like that. I suggest not feeding at all for at least a week or two to let them recover.

H

HelpWanted

Thank you Dr. Detroit, and I am sure you mean not to feed them, means not feeding nutrients correct? I should stay on a watering schedule, correct? If you don't mind, may I ask you to elborate on your nitrogen theory? Since I thought it was a copper deficiency, do you think I should flush them?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
like the DR ordered. just cut down on the nitrogen and you should be fine they look great and will easily grow outa that. so if u give them say 2 tsps of grow knock it down to 1 every other time. if u give them 1 tsp of grow go down to a half every other time for a few feeds then once they get bigger you should be able to feed what you were.

T

treehugger

You're over-thinking, nothing is going on here except good luck - call back when the fan is brown.

M

mrbong73

Has the new growth slowed or stopped?
If so, it could be a nutrient issue.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good to me, and I suspect the dark green color the others are referring to is just the camera settings.
If you are concerned, cut back a bit on the nutrient strength (yes nutrients only, they still need water).
FJ

D

dank_

I don't see a deficiency, but the way the new growth looks concerns me (an amateur).

First thing I'd do is check the pH of the run-off.

S

Shredder

If your concerned about the lighter color and the twisting of the small emerging leaves, it is no big thing, completely normal. They should grow out of it shortly as the leaves grow they sort of unfurl. If it keeps up you could have your soil a bit hot for their liking, then like the others mentioned just back off the feedings.....good luck....shredder

H

HelpWanted

I noticed today, the plants that I was most worried about started looking better. I do not know if it was the tiger bloom I fed them, or not. I am thinking I will lay off on the nitrogen for a while, and see how it goes from there. I will send more pictures ina couple days.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I agree w/ most about not over thinking things. If you're using fox farm nutes than just stick w/ their schedule, maybe a little cal mag if need be. I always alternate nutrient feedings and plain waterings. Make sure to get some run off. I've found w/ soil that around 6.6-6.7 is a good ph for nutrient feedings (using fox farm) and a 7.0 for your plain.
I also think the new growth is fine too. Mine always looks bright green and curly when its new but thats usually just from rapid growth imo. Looks good to me.

O

Operation 420

I follow the K.I.S.S. method.(Keep It Simple Stupid) You can literally love your plants to death by doing too much.

Your plants look great bud, you're gtg.:harvest:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I follow the K.I.S.S. method.(Keep It Simple Stupid) You can literally love your plants to death by doing too much.

Your plants look great bud, you're gtg.:harvest:
THIS should be stickied, it's so true.

H

HelpWanted

so can you be a little more specific about loving your plants to death? Also, does anyone have suggestions on a good feeding schedule? I have a little of everything i like to experiment with; bio flores, pk-13-14, rhizzo, cannazym, boost accellerator, bio boost, fox farm, earth juice, cal-mag, budswell, open sesame, beasty bloom, cha-ching. Does anyone have an interesting syrum1 to suggest?
I have noticed 100% difference in my plants, since I have received help, thanks. That is the first time I have had that problem. I appreciate all the help. I will post pictures tomorrow.

S

Shredder

Help, I think you answered your own question. If you used half of the stuff you mentioned, you plants would suffer. That explains loving them to death. All your gear probably works well, but is probably not made to use together.

I would read, talk, whatever, but come up with an easy to follow feeding schedule, and take good notes, while you tweak your grow, do it gradually and with purpose, not willy nilly. Not saying your doing that, just sayin.

Myself after some years of this I've found my mojo lies in amending my mix fairly heavy, with an eye towards recycling it and just feeding teas mostly, when I think the plants need a little somethin somethin I might use an earth juice tea......shredder

M

mrbong73

so can you be a little more specific about loving your plants to death? Also, does anyone have suggestions on a good feeding schedule? I have a little of everything i like to experiment with; bio flores, pk-13-14, rhizzo, cannazym, boost accellerator, bio boost, fox farm, earth juice, cal-mag, budswell, open sesame, beasty bloom, cha-ching. Does anyone have an interesting syrum1 to suggest?
I have noticed 100% difference in my plants, since I have received help, thanks. That is the first time I have had that problem. I appreciate all the help. I will post pictures tomorrow.

You know this is the organic forum, right? ...or is it?

M

Mmmmasonite

Well....you can supplement Bud XL for the boost ....same product but cheaper and more concentrated....Roots excel for the rhizzo....again, the same product but cheaper and more concentrated....MOAB for all three of the boosters...Cheaper ...with no dyes....Your line up looks good though...Maybe add a bio catylist like liquid karma or Nirvana that has some kelp and vitamins....Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know this is the organic forum, right? ...or is it?
Yeah, no, he posted in Organic Soil and then lists a whole suite of chem salt nutes. Cripes.

HW, that's TOO MUCH STUFF.

1. bio flores,
  2. pk-13-14,
  3. rhizzo,
  4. cannazym,
  5. boost accellerator,
  6. bio boost,
  7. fox farm,
  8. earth juice,
  9. cal-mag,
  10. budswell,
  11. open sesame,
  12. beasty bloom,
  13. cha-ching
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Holy shit! Why? Why so much, why so many? Do you know what each product does? Do you know that Fox Farms is a brand and that you then listed three different Fox Farm products? Earth Juice what? Which Cal-Mag, and why?

This is loving your plants to death. I'm just gonna quote ol' Dougy, my very first aquarium shop-owner/employer, "Get your God damned hands outta tha tank! That's how you quit killing fish!"

Which is why he had employees like me, whose delivery was decidedly softer.

M

Mmmmasonite

Yeah, no, he posted in Organic Soil and then lists a whole suite of chem salt nutes. Cripes.

HW, that's TOO MUCH STUFF.

1. bio flores,
  2. pk-13-14,
  3. rhizzo,
  4. cannazym,
  5. boost accellerator,
  6. bio boost,
  7. fox farm,
  8. earth juice,
  9. cal-mag,
  10. budswell,
  11. open sesame,
  12. beasty bloom,
  13. cha-ching
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Holy shit! Why? Why so much, why so many? Do you know what each product does? Do you know that Fox Farms is a brand and that you then listed three different Fox Farm products? Earth Juice what? Which Cal-Mag, and why?

This is loving your plants to death. I'm just gonna quote ol' Dougy, my very first aquarium shop-owner/employer, "Get your God damned hands outta tha tank! That's how you quit killing fish!"

Which is why he had employees like me, whose delivery was decidedly softer.

Well hopefully he means foxfarm soil and earth juice catalyst.....the 3 ff boosters are for early,mid and late flower so that would make sense...but 2 canna boosts? That is where I draw the line...Shit is pricey! Didn't see that one before! HW....... Is this what ur running?

Top Bottom