Please Help, Yellow Leaves In Flower

• Thread starter Jungleboogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Sup growz hey I might b able to guide u on that flushing question answer. First Id ask how do you define salt buildup? What symptoms do you see in your plants how did you come to findings? Hypothesis is? So some soil growers flush differently, if we are talking coco there are different forms of flushing to bring different results.
1. Nute burn flush -Reduce ec/ppm by 25% when first noticing signs of burnt leaf tips.
2. Nute lockout- flushing 2x medium volume of coco with regular base no additives ph 5.8 @ 60% nutes. This is my reset button; this flush still has no less than 50% base nutes. With coco I have found you must always have sufficient nutrients to provide your plant in coco each and every time you feed. Soil less like hydro. Asking for problems flushing low ppm/ec in any stage except for final flush.
3. Final Flush - when you decide to begin final flush end of flower you can use tap un phed or ro water un phed or 0ppms to 300ppm would still get you there.
This is why I flush 1 every ten waterings. And they never seem to stress off it and use 2.5 gallons for a 5 gal pot.then I go back to normal/on high side nutes

Nugteq

Nugteq

This is how I irrigate and the frequency. Sometimes with those fabric pots and watering trays salt build can occur. Do you wanna know why?
Nice lookn ladies btw

Screenshot 2018 08 20 10 58 35 1
J

Jungleboogie

Yeah I hope they spring back for you.if you go coco mixed your gonna have to treat it like dirt. Maybe use earthworm castings instead? That way you can still apply hydro nutes normaly.

I was thinking use the rest of my coco, biobuzz all mix and perlite to keep it airated? I'll be honest I've never heard of earthworm castings mate, I've got canna terra bloom and veg.
Reason I'm thinking dirt mix is more forgiving and less watering.
Also I'm going to go a lot less on nutes next time round as I've obviously over done it following cannas light feeding schedule.
Ypur plants look good man!

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

This is how I irrigate and the frequency. Sometimes with those fabric pots and watering trays salt build can occur. Do you wanna know why?
Nice lookn ladies btw
Nice I have been trying to figure away to do the same as my plants are to big now to move around easily (I'm in a 7x4x8) if you can you send me a few pics of how you set it up as I have a pump and 1/2 line I'd like to use on mine and how do you keep the flow even?

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I was thinking use the rest of my coco, biobuzz all mix and perlite to keep it airated? I'll be honest I've never heard of earthworm castings mate, I've got canna terra bloom and veg.
Reason I'm thinking dirt mix is more forgiving and less watering.
Also I'm going to go a lot less on nutes next time round as I've obviously over done it following cannas light feeding schedule.
Ypur plants look good man!
Thanks I appreciate that. Soil is more forgiving than hydro always when it comes to watering, but imho I think your better off with hydro, because with hydro you can make quick changes if needed to make corrections. Soil is a pain to fix vs hydro as I'm sure most people who use hydro applications will agree. Also keep you'll grow slower and when you run into a ph problem it will be much harder to correct imo.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Earthworm casting are worm turds and will also help maintain moisture during first 6 weeks after that it does break down but by then you should have a good hand on watering practices.

J

Jungleboogie

So stick with the coco then, I just find watering it by hand every day a bit much as I don't have a massive amount of spare time

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

So stick with the coco then, I just find watering it by hand every day a bit much as I don't have a massive amount of spare time
Yeah I know what you mean if that's the case I would probably try to set up something similar to what nugtec posted above and that would relieve that issue or check out some diy setups on Pinterest. I bet you could get a setup for 8 plants for less than $80 USD online.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Can you post some new pics when you have a chance? I'd like to see how there looking

J

Jungleboogie

Not great but I'm see slight improvement and they are still going! Lol
I'm not proud of these pics, everyone else on here does a lot better!
Still some leaves are turning yellow but not at the rate they were, I'm hoping that just sticking to a lighter feed will help. I only flushed 48hours ago so I'm guessing that they won't instantly recover from me flushing and cutting most of the dead fan leaves?
I topped all of them but fucked up on the topping on 2 by cutting one of the nodes off...
The other 2 went fine and seem much stronger than the other 2.

J

Jungleboogie

Can you see in the first pic the leaf starting to turn yellow? Doing my head in!
Flushed, ph 6, ec 1.3.

J

Jungleboogie

Are those leaves still on there? And if sure though there stressed I'm sure they'll bounce back to give you a return.

Yeah that's how it it now, I cut loads off but was worried about stressing it too much?

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Are those leaves still on there? And if sure though there stressed I'm sure they'll bounce back to give you a return.
Maybe consider reading up on defoliating during flower. This is a controversial method , but do to your sitch I would consider it. I defoliate two nights ago at 21 days and me and my daughter noticed this morning that the leaves at bud sites got super sugary and 1 of my girls gained alot more girth on her buds

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Maybe consider reading up on defoliating during flower. This is a controversial method , but do to your sitch I would consider it. I defoliate two nights ago at 21 days and me and my daughter noticed this morning that the leaves at bud sites got super sugary and 1 of my girls gained alot more girth on her buds
I did this also to make sure I can get light to the lower. I'll send some pics in a minute got to dig them up

J

Jungleboogie

I'll look into that then mate, as I've stripped them anyway! Haha
Thanks for your advice on all this it's very helpful and much appreciated

damien50

damien50

I set up a diy auto watering system system for about 60 usd. I used

black 1/2" vinyl tubing
Programmable outlet timer - I found one on Amazon that programs to the second
178gph submersible pump
Dramm blue line dribbler lines
10 gallon ice chest
Aquarium bubbler for up to 60 gallons

I've found a higher rated pump for $15
20ft of vinyl tubing $15
Outlet timer $15
35 gallon tote $15
Aquarium bubbler $10
Dramm drip lines $1pc

You can raise and lower the price depending on what you pick but I've been multi feeding this grow and having time to train or just duo nothing instead of constantly mixing nutes has been worth the price.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Nice I have been trying to figure away to do the same as my plants are to big now to move around easily (I'm in a 7x4x8) if you can you send me a few pics of how you set it up as I have a pump and 1/2 line I'd like to use on mine and how do you keep the flow even?
You need to google picos watering manifold it has a DIY thread and it costs less than $50 to get your whole tent on a dripper system. Very simple I highly recommend you do that as well as remove the trays under your fabric pots and add a drain table a 4x8 cheap one goes for $140 at local grow shop or you can get two cheap 4x4 ones that go for about 60 a piece. that way you can shop vac your drainage easier as well as cleanup easier and you won't get any salt buildup like you will using trays under fabric pots.

Top Bottom