Please tell me all is not lost...

• Thread starter Cdub97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cdub97

Cdub97

Here’s ALL the damage. There’s about 18 major colas in this plant. 5 have the damage I circled. Very tip top and edges. The last pic is definitely the worst one and it’s one of the smaller colas.

AD9DF62F 9BC3 4EA2 B2B1 D42A1B185DD7
61264426 E7AE 4CAB A4F5 017D404C253F
031B2443 ACE7 4124 8DE0 7475DC3B9985
66796C45 D758 412A 9F64 5E11632549F3
74D56DC9 0A74 43C8 997B 97AB93A4C0F8
chemistry

chemistry

Looks like Bud Rot, do you have pink/purple patches on the base of the leaves? The bud your pointing to, bend it to one side and see how far the dead patch extends into the bud.

Cdub97

Cdub97

I can See living tissue behind it...it is on the edges and the outer margins and tips only... it seems to terminate before it goes to the interior. I don’t know what bud rot is(edit: I looked at a whole bunch of pictures of bud rot...this ain’t it) but this is clearly nutrient burn.

Last edited:
Cdub97

Cdub97

Here’s the worst one. From three angles.

There are four others but they are far less worse than this one. It’s alive behind these burnt spots. It’s not going all the way in.

**** By the way these have been like this about 10 days already. Not gotten any worse.****

1ECC6DB5 2E2A 4858 8791 010BAE408B29
0DADA7E8 E4C0 4759 B652 AB62C4900079
0F2FE483 C6D0 40DA BC05 D73DED6A71D9
Last edited:
Cdub97

Cdub97

I peeled back the very top of the worst part of the worst one and it’s green behind it all the way back to the stem is green. Hard to tell by these pics but it DOESN’T go in.

Again these have been like this for 10-12 days.

When I first saw it I flushed the plant. It got a tiny bit worse after that but it’s been unchanged since...except bud growing all around and above the affected tips.

0680C8F2 A02E 466B 8AC8 0AF31E788E12
0927F6F1 006F 429C 82C4 35443D086A58
Cdub97

Cdub97

I’m not trying to ignore or say anyone’s advice here is wrong. Not trying to be a obstinate jerk. I’m just certain there’s no mold or rot yet and I’m pressing forward as long as I can.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i have done someting similar before, overfed in early flower and then i flushed it out probably too much and leaves started to yellow early. still finished up fine just didnt look like the nicest plant. it should still finish, the resin looks good if any mould does show up you can make bubble hash and rinse all the heads off.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I’m just certain there’s no mold or rot yet and I’m pressing forward as long as I can.
Yet. Even if you get no mold the dead spots will at the very least kill the flavor of any of the buds they are attached to, why not at least compromise and take chop the unhealthy buds? This would minimize the risk to the healthier parts of the plant even if they have little to gain from going another couple of weeks on a stressed plant. Its really not the end of the world, all is not lost, especially if you chop now all the bud that is not infected will still be good, only if you wait do you really have anything to lose.

FourthCity

FourthCity

i have done someting similar before, overfed in early flower and then i flushed it out probably too much and leaves started to yellow early. still finished up fine just didnt look like the nicest plant. it should still finish, the resin looks good if any mould does show up you can make bubble hash and rinse all the heads off.
You really dont want to make hash out of moldy bud.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

You really dont want to make hash out of moldy bud.
when making bubble hash you can wash the heads until they are clean of any mould. the resin will sink and the mould will float you can clean it pretty well in water. i wouldnt reccomend for anyone with compromised immune system because there would still be small chance of contamination. i have made all kinds of really great hash from mouldy flowers that would have ended up in the garbage. it hurts my soul to know so many people throw away their perfectly fine resin heads just because the plant isnt 100%

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

just finish it up, no point taking it early when the resin isnt fully developed. if the flower is no good make extracts. you can clean off any kind of contaminant with water as the resin is all contained within the trichome head

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm old and have bad eyes but personally i don't see bud rot. I see over fed then underfed plants with crispy ass burnt leaves on the top colas closest to the light. Even the leaves around it are tacoing up which is a sign of to much light. Honestly I would back the lights off for 2 reasons. Weak old leaves with an under fed plant are gonna get cooked and crisp up because they are not transpiring well if at all so they cannot cool themselves and second light drives plant needs growth and your plants do not have enough stored nutes. At this point I say cut the light way down. I know this advice this is opposite of what we should be doing in flower to get the tightest biggest colas but this plant need to slow down and let it ripen without trying to drive growth..

Just my opinion

FourthCity

FourthCity

when making bubble hash you can wash the heads until they are clean of any mould. the resin will sink and the mould will float you can clean it pretty well in water. i wouldnt reccomend for anyone with compromised immune system because there would still be small chance of contamination. i have made all kinds of really great hash from mouldy flowers that would have ended up in the garbage. it hurts my soul to know so many people throw away their perfectly fine resin heads just because the plant isnt 100%
They just passed a bill in California saying you can eat roadkill but should you? In all seriousness your right, it can be done, it just feels like something I would only consider if I was utterly desperate and moldy bud was the only thing available.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

They just passed a bill in California saying you can eat roadkill but should you? In all seriousness your right, it can be done, it just feels like something I would only consider if I was utterly desperate and moldy bud was the only thing available.
its just too valuable to throw in the trash. maybe if your a big corporation you can take the loss but most pepole when they lose a crop it really hurts them. it can be done and its fairly simple anyone can do it with jut a couple screens and some water

Seraphine

Seraphine

Moving forward, Check the buds daily for mold. You’ll be fine though. Just don’t over feed them again! I’ve had plants that look like that and this finish out just fine. I’ve had to chop off main colas before because of the tiniest bit of mold. It sucks having to do that but I still got 5oz dried.

Cdub97

Cdub97

I'm old and have bad eyes but personally i don't see bud rot. I see over fed then underfed plants with crispy ass burnt leaves on the top colas closest to the light. Even the leaves around it are tacoing up which is a sign of to much light. Honestly I would back the lights off for 2 reasons. Weak old leaves with an under fed plant are gonna get cooked and crisp up because they are not transpiring well if at all so they cannot cool themselves and second light drives plant needs growth and your plants do not have enough stored nutes. At this point I say cut the light way down. I know this advice this is opposite of what we should be doing in flower to get the tightest biggest colas but this plant need to slow down and let it ripen without trying to drive growth..

Just my opinion

I sure appreciate it. Yep, that’s what it is!
I did back the lights off a couple days ago. The nearest top cola tip is right around 12 inches from the bulb now with most farther than that.

Thanks for looking at everything guys. I sure appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom