Please tell me all is not lost...

• Thread starter Cdub97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cdub97

Cdub97

Long story short...I haven’t grown anything in almost 10 years. I wasn’t any good at it then...

So, this is really my first REAL ATTEMPT towards trying to do a really good job growing. I think I failed miserably. I’m pretty sure I know what mistakes I made and I learned a ton in the process. I’m hoping you guys can encourage me a little that I’ll still end up with something halfway decent.

This plant was grown from seed in soil in a 15-gallon fabric smart pot. I’m watering with well water that starts out around 7.2-7.4 ph...who knows what kinds of solids are already in it...I don’t have a meter. I’ve been ph’ing my water down to around 6.2-6.4 with citric acid but now I’m learning that’s all wrong and I’m going too low. 😿 Nutrients are fox farm trio. I started it around the first week of July outdoors. After about 8 weeks it showed sex and around that time I brought it inside. I suppose it had begun pre-flowering but I reverted it and vegged it a while longer. It has been low stress trained. It is now on day 50 of flower. 50% of the pistils have turned red and some of the trichomes (10-15%???) appear milky.

Now for the bad. Before I started flowering I burned the CRAP out of it with nitrogen. The plant was so big it didn’t burn...it just clawed up BAD everywhere. I ended up doing a lot of defoliation of the damage...sadly what’s left is now yellowing and falling off. At the time of the overfeeding right before flowering I thought I could get past it by stopping feeding but it wasn’t good at all. It barely improved. Finally about 10-12 days ago I flushed it with about 30-40 gallons of water. Anyhow I’ve got about 5 colas with bleached dead spots...small, but they’re there. It’s actually grown more buds on top of the damage. I’ve been easing back on the feeding and only fed one full strength feeding (fox farms tiger bloom) and one half strength feeding since the flush. I’m also supplementing with Epson salt and Sucanat. I figure it’s nothing but water till the end BUT SHE IS LOSING LEAVES LEFT AND RIGHT. At this rate I can’t see how it’ll have any fan leaves at all. Probably nothing but sugar/water leaves at this rate of yellowing. Now, some are actually turning purpleish.

I’m pretty sad about it. A lot went into this before I almost burned it up with overfeeding but I just can’t seem to get past it. I know yield is badly affected.

Do I do anything besides just give it water and let it finish? Is there much else I can do at this point? IS IT THE MOST MISERABLE SHIT YOU GUYS EVER SEEN? ? I’m so bummed.

Please tell me all is not lost
Please tell me all is not lost 2
Please tell me all is not lost 3
Please tell me all is not lost 4
Please tell me all is not lost 5
Please tell me all is not lost 6
Please tell me all is not lost 7
Please tell me all is not lost 8
Please tell me all is not lost 9
Please tell me all is not lost 10
Cdub97

Cdub97

I mean hopefully I can get by until my next plants mature...how bad y’all think it is???

5AFD68EA F7BC 4671 96E8 4C4C9C97A74E
708A0F4C 5E44 442A 87BB 99CA29949AC4
B0CC0E68 170D 4926 958B 598A444A9EA6
D29312D3 B3AD 4EFD BBD1 1CA53F5D0624
6ACB7438 EB5A 4ED6 B0A7 11F1220CE61B
905D88FA C3A3 4807 879C 047A5BC08C99
4249103B 07CC 484F 9F1E CA742AED95A1
DFE550B2 601F 4248 9F03 02FBB0BC4B55
90BE2379 59AB 46EF 94F0 4F9513ECE205
B2B713F6 D614 46C4 B6F8 7E6F364AA6F6
BD691774 9070 4E3C 8141 4F8F0A49E56B
FourthCity

FourthCity

I mean hopefully I can get by until my next plants mature...how bad y’all think it is???
All is not lost but those dead spots are going to bring mold into the bud eventually. Id chop it now and toss any of the dead bits immediately. Oh, and Ive had an air pump fail in my dwc system while I was out of town in the middle of summer so I have seen worse.

Cdub97

Cdub97

All is not lost but those dead spots are going to bring mold into the bud eventually. Id chop it now and toss any of the dead bits immediately. Oh, and Ive had an air pump fail in my dwc system while I was out of town in the middle of summer so I have seen worse.

Not going to chop it. Those areas are tiny and are only in about 25%. About 5 very tips of colas and off to one side...So at most a tiny part could mold but with my grow rooms low humidity levels and no proclivity for mold in the past...I think that’ll be a minimal concern.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Not going to chop it. Those areas are tiny and are only in about 25%. About 5 very tips of colas and off to one side...So at most a tiny part could mold but with my grow rooms low humidity levels and no proclivity for mold in the past...I think that’ll be a minimal concern.
I respect your decision, my recommendation is definitely playing it safe. It just seems like if you are having these issues and continue you are gambling with that remaining 75%. I guess I would just cut my losses.

chemistry

chemistry

I would inspect the dead bits a lot further, because if it's bud rot you will only see a small dying leaf, but under that there will be a much bigger patch that's already dead and full of spores. The reason I say this is because of the amount of water you have used lately.

Cdub97

Cdub97

Those little dead spots are likely nutrient burn...or light burn...or both. It’s alive all around it and through it. The only way I could get it off would be to start cutting in. Again, only 14 days left.

Cdub97

Cdub97

You'll have nothing left in 14 days, there's no Chlorophyll left to keep the plant going, and it won't produce any more in your time span.

...there’s green...all the sugar leaves are green.Just basically almost no fan leaves left. It’s still frosting more and it needs to ripen...there’s no way I’m chopping it now. It won’t be destroyed by waiting another 14 days.

There are two 400w high pressure sodium lamps next to it that make it look even worse than it is...it’s under a 315w cmh by the way. See all the plants to the left of the big one late in flower? They have good color and are healthy.

BED2371E 782D 4AEA B3D4 23C937B5977C
E5CC989C E292 4934 AA72 5513FD5EC83F
6B084DF8 8DDF 49E0 90C7 A5861B577934
Last edited:
Cdub97

Cdub97

Also when I said 20% of the colas had dead spots...I think that was misunderstood. I didn’t mean 20% of the plant.

It’s more like 5% as in there are 5 colas out of 20 or so that have a tiny burned spot on them.

Cdub97

Cdub97

FUCK. I mean from the sound of it it’s totally fucked then. I can’t believe I’ve been trying my damndest for 5.5 months and it’s this bad.

So fucking depressing. At least there’s more behind it that aren’t bad...but months away on them. Been messing with this plant since July.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

BigCube

BigCube

FUCK. I mean from the sound of it it’s totally fucked then. I can’t believe I’ve been trying my damndest for 5.5 months and it’s this bad.

So fucking depressing. At least there’s more behind it that aren’t bad...but months away on them. Been messing with this plant since July.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Trails and tribulations ☹
Learn from it is about the best than can come out of it now. As stated before, I would cut your losses and not risk infecting the rest of them with mould spores.

When a plant gets that much necrotic material, it's not going to grow much more, if at all. Best just chop it down. Or separate it fro the rest if you can.

BigCube

BigCube

That much? I bet it’s 2-5% at most of all the flowers.

Even .01% is too much if you're going to leave it. One penny sized spot of mould holds billions of spores. I wouldn't risk it myself.

As stated above, what you see on the surface is like an iceberg. The majority of it is underneath or inside. Airflow is usually your friend, but spores quickly turn it in to your greatest enemy.

Plants in other rooms are also at risk. Let alone the plants in the same room.. I would nip that shit in the bud (pun intended) and dock it now... Bare minimum separate it from the rest.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Cdub97, you said it was at day 50 of flower right? If so you only have 8-10 days left, just pluck all those dead leafs off so you do not have to worry about mold. They are dead so just grab one and pull down and it will fall right off, if it doesn't, then leave it. Pulling off dead leafs is just normal maintenance since those leafs are spent and not contributing anymore they can be removed. Less work when for you when you do chop it down. From what you said you just did your flush a week too early. Get all them dead leafs off, give it till end of this week and chop it. That will be 57 days of flower, 8 weeks is 56 days, looks like a ripe and ready plant to me. Now if you had said day 40 of flower...........

Cdub97

Cdub97

It is the same guy....Sadly things have continued to go downhill. I’m still not chopping it now. The other plants in there with it are only beginning. There’s really no place for mold to grab hold on them.

Even though I’m really inexperienced I do have three grows in my life from before and mold never happened in any of them. I think you guys are used to it in moister climates or something.

I’ll post an update in a few weeks after I finish it.

So much for feeling any better on things by making this thread. Seems the consensus here is, ”yep, ya totally fucked it...might as well harvest a whole shitload of speedy immature buds that do nothing”. Seriously, there’s no way I’m gonna chop it mold risk or not. I quick dried a couple small lower buds the other day and it’s barely even psychoactive. Yes I know that doing that makes harsh bad tasting buds but I was just testing. I’m definitely waiting and taking the chance because what I have now is worthless anyways so...

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

It is the same guy....Sadly things have continued to go downhill. I’m still not chopping it now. The other plants in there with it are only beginning. There’s really no place for mold to grab hold on them.

Even though I’m really inexperienced I do have three grows in my life from before and mold never happened in any of them. I think you guys are used to it in moister climates or something.

I’ll post an update in a few weeks after I finish it.

So much for feeling any better on things by making this thread. Seems the consensus here is, ”yep, ya totally fucked it...might as well harvest a whole shitload of speedy immature buds that do nothing”. Seriously, there’s no way I’m gonna chop it mold risk or not. I quick dried a couple small lower buds the other day and it’s barely even psychoactive. Yes I know that doing that makes harsh bad tasting buds but I was just testing. I’m definitely waiting and taking the chance because what I have now is worthless anyways so...
I had to re-edit my post, re-read

Cdub97

Cdub97

I have been removing spent leaves.

I think I’ll make it guys. It’s just sad and I was just looking for a bit of encouragement. Honestly there probably is at least 6 ounces on this plant after I dry it...I’m just sad. It should have been a 16oz plant.

Those burned spots in the buds are just at those tips and edges. It’s a mute burn or a light burn and it’s only at the edges and tips. It’s real hard to photograph but it’s not deep at all. Here’s one of the worst ones. It’s just edges and tips.

77A05142 DC8B 4F55 B953 A58F9586A3EB
Top Bottom