Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Took this pic this morning and she looks like she may make it. Clones are doing well too. I had planned on taking clones but only a couple at a time.

I'm trying aspirin, 325 mg per gallon of tap water on both my poor girl and the clones. I've read several studies from the 70's and 80's that claim it helps as cannabis also produces salicylic acid like many other plants do when stressed. When attacked by insects or disease the plants whip up more of the chemical aiding their immune system. One of the older studies was using it as a folder spray every 3 weeks. Since I use a spray bottle for clones it too has the aspirin mix. We'll see but so far all look to be hanging in there.

On a side note I've added aspirin to my neem oil mix for treating peas with powdery mildew and scales on citrus.

20190603 083755
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Snakes are some useful garden buddies!
I wish it were in my yard. We have them, wife found a young one in our hall several years ago. I put it in the back yard but these gophers are mean. I missed one with a trap, took some hair and meat off the bastard but he's still trying to destroy my peach tree, or maybe that's why. I could poison his ass but I just can't use that crap. Last summer we had a group of red tailed hawks hang out until winter and have coyotes visiting several times a week, not to mention the coons, opossum and neighborhood pets. They mess with me again and all bets are off. Nuke 'em til they glow and shoot 'em in the dark!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-5

June 5th already and about a month or so from my first small harvest this year. I'm very tempted to pollinate this baby as she has out preformed the other three females but these buds are looking so good. Gonna have to pollinate a few lower branches.

Two of the seeds in the horse manure have popped but one looks like it got munched on by a snail or slug, bastards.

My gopher eaten plant isn't looking very good. I had covered her the first night with a milk jug but have left her uncovered the past two nights. Oh well, it is a hard loss but hopefully some of the clones will survive.

I'm seeing seeds on my outdoor girl. I've been trying to get a pic for days that showed seeds and got this one the other day. You'd think it'd be easy but took more today with no luck.

The three in the ground are not putting on much growth although with the June gloom and only 2-3 hrs of sun a day I guess I can't expect much. First one is a male sativa leaner so I guess I'll allow it to mature and use the pollen. The next two are female. The last one's a keeper.

This has been the worst year of weather we've had in recent memory. Wet and cold storms rolling through for the past few months and now gloom. Sucks.

Oh well, at least I should have some home grown in a couple of months.

Until next time, Happy Growing!

20190605 053659
20190605 053333
20190605 053345
20190605 053729
20190603 141559
20190605 054045
20190605 054035
20190605 054056
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-7

We had our first full day of sun yesterday and my babies loved it. Woke up this morning to over cast skies but now the sun is shining.

I'm really enjoying watching this girl flower. 31 days in and starting to fill out those buds. Yummy!

My other girl in the greenhouse is back to veg and getting taller after stretching several feet the past month. May have to top this one and get her in the ground. She could be a monster.

My pollinated girl outside is loving the sun. I'll pollinate her again this weekend when I do the lower branches of my greenhouse girl as I want a LOT of seeds.

Little ones too love the sun. The male sativa is growing tall and thin. The female next to him will be pollinated with his magic dust so I can work that sativa this fall.

My Indica leaner is starting to fill out like her sister before the gopher had its way. Really looking good and her growth is evident.

I'll measure all this weekend and see were we are after a week.

Still only two of four seeds in the horse manure popped. No burn on either so this may work. It will be interesting and I'll try potting the good one this weekend. Everything I have growing in the manure box is growing like weeds. It sure would be a lot cheaper to fill raised beds with free manure than purchased soil.

Really hoping to get that greenhouse in the back yard and put back together this weekend. If my back allows of course.

Until next time, Happy Growing.

20190607 101545
20190607 101556
20190607 102224
20190607 102247
20190607 102253
20190607 102234
20190607 101606
20190607 110019
E

eirI

Update 6-7

We had our first full day of sun yesterday and my babies loved it. Woke up this morning to over cast skies but now the sun is shining.

I'm really enjoying watching this girl flower. 31 days in and starting to fill out those buds. Yummy!

My other girl in the greenhouse is back to veg and getting taller after stretching several feet the past month. May have to top this one and get her in the ground. She could be a monster.

My pollinated girl outside is loving the sun. I'll pollinate her again this weekend when I do the lower branches of my greenhouse girl as I want a LOT of seeds.

Little ones too love the sun. The male sativa is growing tall and thin. The female next to him will be pollinated with his magic dust so I can work that sativa this fall.

My Indica leaner is starting to fill out like her sister before the gopher had its way. Really looking good and her growth is evident.

I'll measure all this weekend and see were we are after a week.

Still only two of four seeds in the horse manure popped. No burn on either so this may work. It will be interesting and I'll try potting the good one this weekend. Everything I have growing in the manure box is growing like weeds. It sure would be a lot cheaper to fill raised beds with free manure than purchased soil.

Really hoping to get that greenhouse in the back yard and put back together this weekend. If my back allows of course.

Until next time, Happy Growing.
Your plants are really taking off nice.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-8 Weekly Growth

Only one of my 3 potted girls are showing much growth.

#1 potted female that started to flower a month ago and has returned to veg without any deformities and still in the greenhouse. She stretched a couple feet in the past month and a half but in the last week has added 5". Very tempted to put her in the ground or at least put her in direct sun.

#2 potted pollinated female outside under the Loquat tree. Put on a whole 1/2" but is putting all energy into flowers and seeds. Looking forward to the next generation.

#3 potted female 32 days into flower in the greenhouse. 1" growth but putting its all into flowering. I really hope she finishes and not try to re-veg. I'll put her ass in the garage every night and not bring her out until 8-9am if she tries.

#4 male sativa in the ground. 2" of growth. Tall and thin is not what I want to propagate.

#5 male sativa in the ground. Yeah, found balls last night. 4" growth. I'll choose one of these to keep and replace the other. Even with such growth the other male is more mature. He's got a week to show me he's the keeper and is filling out well. We'll see.

#6 female Indica in the ground. Very impressed with her 5 1/2" growth and filling out nicely. Her sister #7 is dying in a pot in the greenhouse after a gopher feasted on her roots. I'm gonna pull her and toss her into the composter and reuse the pot.

I'm going to ready spots in the ground for the six popped seeds to transplant tonight or tomorrow night as well as set up that horse manure popped seed in a pot with nothing but horse manure, all composted of course and will post results tomorrow.

Until then, Happy Growing!

20190608 151812
20190608 151848
20190608 151740
20190608 151928
20190608 151940
20190608 151919
20190608 155504
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

The bong got my attention (it happens) and look who showed up. I haven't had mealworms on the patio the past couple days and now I have a couple of protesters. Yeah, I'm going to the garage right now to get 'em some. I was surprised they weren't carrying signs.

20190608 172842
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-10

The gophers must have been having a party this weekend and ran out of the plant they took last week and pulled another.
20190609 093822

This is what I found Sun 9:30am. Looks like he's pulling it down.
Here's 4 hrs later
20190609 133752

Gone. When I dug up the hole the chicken wire was in pieces. Must have been all the rain. I now expect the last two will go the same way.
Got a few things done yesterday when I could pry myself away from the bong. The horse manure plant has a new 1 gal pot and doing well.
20190610 082639

Pollinated 3 branches on my girl in the greenhouse after dark and no wind.
20190609 212157

Moved and repollinated my girl outside.
20190610 174608

Tired of the gophers and making it much more difficult for them, at least I hope.
20190610 111110

I've made six of these and with brand new chicken wire underneath this should protect the plants. So far I only have one in the ground and will dig another hole tonight. Difficult with a pinched nerve in my shoulder.
20190610 174618

And real difficult with 4-5 lb rocks like this
20190609 182615

I ranted about composting a couple weeks ago and here's one of the reasons. Table scraps and several shovelfulls of soil sitting 8-9 months.
20190610 113408

Last two in the ground. Indica leaner
20190610 082758

And a male sativa leaner
20190610 173959

The sun is setting and I've got to get to work. Until next time, Happy Growing.

P

pdx

PDX
Compost needs a combination of green and brown layers for a healthy system. Food scraps should be covered with browns like old newspaper, cardboard shreds, wood shavings (cedar is my favorite... some wood contains compounds which impede decay which is no good) and dried plant matter (dead brown grass is great and old crispy leaves).
Food scraps with dirt covering it can go funky. Some people will dig trenches in garden beds months prior and bury food scraps in the bed but I prefer composting.
I will occasionally go out and piss on my compost pile (ammonia is good for the microbes) and when I'm starting a new pile ill hit it with a mix of molasses and old beer in some water as a microbe feeding boost.
Turn your compost regularly and don't let it dry out to keep healthy breakdown occurring. Too cold/wet and it'll go sour smelling like absolute shit.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Compost needs a combination of green and brown layers for a healthy system. Food scraps should be covered with browns like old newspaper, cardboard shreds, wood shavings (cedar is my favorite... some wood contains compounds which impede decay which is no good) and dried plant matter (dead brown grass is great and old crispy leaves).
Food scraps with dirt covering it can go funky. Some people will dig trenches in garden beds months prior and bury food scraps in the bed but I prefer composting.
I will occasionally go out and piss on my compost pile (ammonia is good for the microbes) and when I'm starting a new pile ill hit it with a mix of molasses and old beer in some water as a microbe feeding boost.
Turn your compost regularly and don't let it dry out to keep healthy breakdown occurring. Too cold/wet and it'll go sour smelling like absolute shit.
I did this batch in a large trash can with the lid on so it was partly anti-aerobic. Worked like a charm.
20190610 200745

20190610 200753

Now if you want to add the so-called correct amount of brown to green, water it down and turn it you can make it in a month or two but not many have the material, I know I never do so I compost in many different ways and this trashcan worked great. Granted 3/4 of a year but I had the time.😉

Ina

Ina

20190610_174618.jpg
Like :)and you can use urine close to the others,that are still in the ground,animals hate the smell of human urine.That saved my plants from the rabbit,real junky,he was eating the bark and the very tops before they flower:)I have seen that rabbit stoned,could you believe that,very funny!!!!He was just sitting,i came really close to take a photo and he doesn't even escaped:)After a while he escaped but...not really fast hahahaAfter the piss I don't see rabbits any more.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Mick dundee undercover here I think
I grew up in one of LA's burbs but was taken camping, fishing and hunting since I was like 2. Caught more lizards, snakes frogs, toads, fish, insects than you can I imagine. Now that I live on the edge of a city with several acre lots around me as well as doing work in Valley Center there's all kinds of wildlife. Love it and can't live without it.

I was working on a trailer in Lawrence Welk, a retirement community just a few miles North. I had driven about 2 blocks away and saw this snake crossing the road. Too small to eat gophers yet but will fatten up on mice, baby rats and lizards. Have I mentioned I HATE gophers yet?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Awesome stuff! Some huge oregano you’ve got there as well.

I’ve heard of gophers being an issue but I guess I’m fortunate enough to never have them as one. That is just brutal!

Just curious what you mix in your manure tea? I’ve got some chickens and can use chicken manure to make some but always thought it would brew to be too hot

Top Bottom