• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-12

4 little ones in their new digs.
20190612 204733

At 2' apart I only put in 4. The rings are 13" wide, 2" bigger than a 5 gal pot. If it keeps them safe from my stoner gophers they'll be okay.

2 little ones potted.
20190612 204849

The horse manure baby.
20190612 205102

No feeding just rain and tap water. No burn, let's see how she grows.

36 days into flower.
20190612 204822

The wait continues. Another month or so. She is my current fav even though she stinks up the greenhouse.
20190612 204833

Can't wait to count the seeds from this girl.
20190612 204711

I almost put this one in the ground tonight. Once the greenhouse is in place I'll put her on the opposite end of the swing set. It's gonna be a little tight getting the greenhouse to its permanent spot between the trees and swing set so she has to wait.
20190612 204843

She's out growing the little greenhouse. She had started flowering over a month ago and is back to veg and growing. If she streches again she'll be a tall one.
20190611 204700

I'll pollinate her lower branches before moving her outside.

I'm growing Velvet Queen sunflowers for the first time this year. Monsters.
20190612 205331

Can't wait to see the size of this flower when it's fully open.
20190612 205210

The Mammoth sunflower is an annual staple in our yard.
20190612 205244

I never tire of their beauty.

I didn't run into any snakes or deadly spiders today. Kinda boring.

Until next time, Happy Growing.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Awesome stuff! Some huge oregano you’ve got there as well.

I’ve heard of gophers being an issue but I guess I’m fortunate enough to never have them as one. That is just brutal!

Just curious what you mix in your manure tea? I’ve got some chickens and can use chicken manure to make some but always thought it would brew to be too hot
The tea I just use rain water and composted manure. About two large hand fulls of horse manure to 5 gal. I don't even bag it just toss it in and stir. Straight it's too hot, I usually cut it down by 75%. I fill a gallon water jug then use it to fill three others one quarter full then add more water to make each a gal. It looks like watered down tea.

Never thought of using chicken poop and I've got chickens and just cleaned out their coop and have a pile of dirty straw. HUM, gonna have to try it! I would assume it will be pretty hot raw but who knows. Time to find out.😉

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

The tea I just use rain water and composted manure. About two large hand fulls of horse manure to 5 gal. I don't even bag it just toss it in and stir. Straight it's too hot, I usually cut it down by 75%. I fill a gallon water jug then use it to fill three others one quarter full then add more water to make each a gal. It looks like watered down tea.

Never thought of using chicken poop and I've got chickens and just cleaned out their coop and have a pile of dirty straw. HUM, gonna have to try it! I would assume it will be pretty hot raw but who knows. Time to find out.😉

Let us know how that goes! I’ll have to do the same. If you’re not aerating the tea how long do you let it brew? Just a day or so?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Might as well start a diary and post all this stuff in one place.

Chemdog x Brutus OG - F2
Currently the only strain I'm working.

Wants: Northern Lights and Chemdog. Maybe for Christmas.

Growing outside in the clay soil amended with composted chicken straw, leaf litter and horse manure and sand. Also I like to keep a few in 4-5 gallon pots with basic potting soil and manure tea weekly. Holes are dug 18-20" deep, lined with chicken wire and filled with all the above as well as a tablespoon of blood meal and tablespoon of Espoma Garden-tone. I give a monthly tablespoon of the Garden-tone and watering with manure tea. I use clean organic straw for mulch with a layer of horse manure in between. Most straw sold for live stock has herbicides. Don't use it.

That's about it. I've never had my soil tested. People for miles around have the same clay/rock soil and can easily find it, if I were interested. I've grown a lot of veggies in this crap and with the amendments through the years I can pretty much grow what I want.

Questions are always welcome.

Pics:
Six seeds I planted Saturday. Yeah, just soil in peat pots. What did you expect after two days?

Got some disappointing news this morning with my one and only Sativa pheno, he's got balls. Not really the problem, the problem is he's in the garden around several others. I may dig him up and move him or allow the pollen to develop and then cut him down. Haven't decided yet as the others are happy to just get some sun. Rain continues but did have a few hours of sun today.

I really thought with the way this Indica pheno was growing it would turn out to be male but so far so good. Put my hand in the pic to give some idea of size. This and the one above and a couple of others are about 11 weeks.

Awe, my two girls in the greenhouse stretching away 3 weeks in flower. There's a young spider who has a web between the two. If you look real close you'll spot her. Keeping my babies safe. Love all the work they do for me.

Not loving these spiders. I've got both black and brown widows. This one has taken up residence in a propane heater on my patio. Got bit on the leg a few years ago and can still see damaged skin. I'm no worse for wear and it wasn't bad nor even close to life threatening. No doubt a brown widow as they are less toxic.

Holy shit, an adult King Snake. It was basking next to a client's home when I disturbed it repairing a bathtub drain this afternoon. Wasn't happy I wanted to take a closer look. Hissed and snapped and even shook its tail like a rattler. Showed the client and 5 of her 6 kids (little one was napping). While we do live in a large city, well, on the edge and considered county of San Diego there's a lot of open country. Never know what I might run into.

Here's a flower I can't wait to taste.

Got a 8'x 16' greenhouse from my neighbor a few weeks ago. They used it as a storage and yeah, he smokes. It's still sitting in our front yard. Too stoned to get it in place. Maybe this weekend.

Long day and time to relax.

Happy growing.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Omg no spiders for me nor snakes. .u must live in sw USA ...I central USA and black widows and cottonmouths are my bad critters around.inside in my nice clean tent fo me.
Happy grow

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Let us know how that goes! I’ll have to do the same. If you’re not aerating the tea how long do you let it brew? Just a day or so?
I stir it twice a day and use it up within a week then make another batch. I'm using a 20 gallon tub so I can make enough. I start using by day 3.

Gonna head up and check on that chicken shit. Maybe just pull out a hand full and start a bucket and try it out this weekend on something other than weed! I'll update it along with the seedling in horse manure. Now that seems to be working pretty well and all the plants I have in compost boxes are lovin it.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I stir it twice a day and use it up within a week then make another batch. I'm using a 20 gallon tub so I can make enough. I start using by day 3.

Gonna head up and check on that chicken shit. Maybe just pull out a hand full and start a bucket and try it out this weekend on something other than weed! I'll update it along with the seedling in horse manure. Now that seems to be working pretty well and all the plants I have in compost boxes are lovin it.

Sounds simple enough, Ill have to give it a go as well!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I must have missed something in your posts....where are you that you have plants budding in June? Or are you giving this plant some kind of enclosure to cut light hours.??
San Diego county. I planted end of January in the greenhouse hoping to grow monsters this year but with the weather they started flowering first week of May. The male started it off in April. Of the 3 females this one looks like it will finish. If it even thinks about re-vegging I'll start putting it in the garage at night and not bring it out until 9am each day. It still has another 35 days or so.

I've always treated and grown them as annuals, starting April/May. This is a first for me. After this I'll be trying to grow them year round.

Took a few pics yesterday. Love watching her fill out. One of her sisters with all the same conditions sitting right next to her is vegging again. Is that crazy or what?

20190613 155716
20190613 154730
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I used to be a plumber and I see you utilize the PVC for framing just like a plumber would. ;)
Yeah, I'll have to do a thread on making an inexpensive greenhouse. Instead of bending the pipe I used fittings. Added to the cost but has lasted 5 years. Our neighbor gave us his old greenhouse, 8x16' and once I get it set up I'll tear down the old one this fall and extend the hurb garden. It served its purpose well.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Is that sativa
Hybird, Chemdog x Brutus OG. Some show Indica some show sativa, more Indica this year and more sativa last but regardless when they flower they all look like sativa and take about 80 days. They have the strong Chem smell.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Update 6-14

Long frickin' day. Got home after 8 but I refuse to schedule early mornings as I hate traffic almost as much as I hate gophers. Speaking of gophers, here's the clones from the gopher plant.
20190613 204550

For anyone new here a gopher ate the roots of the mother plant
20190531 154841

On June 2
20190602 141600
so so I took 10 clones. The plant didn't survive.
20190608 155504

So far one of the clones dried out so down to 9 with 3 iffy.

If these ever become popular I'm going to name them Chemgopher. They've earned it.

My guard spider has trippled in size and you won't have to squint to find her.
20190614 204929

When I got home I walked up to the greenhouse and could smell nothing but weed. I do leave the door and back window open but still.

Gotta work tomorrow so Sunday I'll give the chicken manure tea a try on a sunflower. I have two smaller ones in gal pots side by side in the herb garden so we can see how/if it works. It will take a week or two, unless it's so hot it damages the plant. I plan to delute it by at least 75% like the horse manure tea.

While I'm thinking about horse manure here's the one that was popped and growing in it.
20190614 204818

The little one next to it was also popped in the manure but since put in potting soil. I thought it had been munched on by a snail/slug but I'm thinking now it may have a genetic deformity. I don't have a good pic but will take more over the weekend. Either way it looks like it's headed to the compost pile.

That's all for now while I'm yawning and ready for a few bt's and bed. Until next time, Happy Growing!

Top Bottom